Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,405 members, 7,800,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

This Is How Food Poisoning Starts.. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Is How Food Poisoning Starts.. (747 Views)

Food You Should Never Reheat To Avoid Food Poisoning / Food Poisoning: 9 Ways You Can Prevent It When Preparing Your Meal / Common Causes Of Food Poisoning - No 9 Got Me Thinking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is How Food Poisoning Starts.. by rosalieene(f): 7:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
I was in traffic along Iyana Ipaja and I saw a pawpaw hawker offload his pawpaw, walked over to one side of the road, pulled down his zipper, brought out this wiwi and began scattering urine on the concrete. He didn’t even care that it was daylight and people were passing. I was seated by the window and I could see his thing in full view. What infuriated me was the manner he held it as though he was potty training. The urine had rolled towards his fingers and was dripping from his thumb. When he had relieved himself, he shook it a few times as tiny droplets splattered on his trousers before he picked up his tray of freshly peeled pawpaw from the road. My microscopic eyes were still on him when our vehicle started to move as soon as the traffic gave way. Another vehicle maneuvered to where we once parked and an unsuspecting lady in the front seat called the hawker for pawpaw. I slowly turned away. I went with a friend to buy food one morning and beside where the food was, a woman was brushing her teeth vigorously and making those ‘crogggggg crogggg’ noise. That froggy noise of trying to gag mucus from the pit of the belly. I was so disgusted! I took the hand of my friend and grabbed the food flask and ran as fast as my legs could carry me. The dirty woman was holding her brush in one hand with toothpaste foam that had formed moustache and beards, shouting. “hey! Make una come back na” Because what she was doing was perfectly normal to her & after all, we were the ones who wanted N250 rice, not her. I don’t even want to go into details of market women that will be selling ewedu in a stainless pot and beneath the table, their kids/toddlers are shitting ewedu on the floor. And they think it's cute!!! Because both colours match. There is also an aboki next door that makes bread and egg every morning. 6:45am, you would see him putting one hand on the waist and using the other hand to scratch his penis like recharge card. 6:50am, he is beating an egg for an unsuspecting customer. You’ll ask for only salt and pepper in your fried egg but end up getting fried eggs with spices like a drop of sperm, dried urine and one or two strands pubic hair. I wasn’t surprised when I heard someone purge for two days after having his bread and egg. It’s now a crime to eat bread and egg outside. Common 'agege bread'. My brother has sworn never to buy sachet fanice yoghurt/ice- cream ever since he saw an aboki using same scissors he uses to cut the tip of the icecream to shave his beards under a mango tree. Probably the same scissors he uses to trim armpit hair. And he thinks it’s okay. Well, unlike my brother, I don’t have the willpower to stop patronising them Cos N100 fanice is my on-the-go-icecream, until coldstone Ice-Cream or sweet kiwi yoghurt is slashed to N200 per cup. I am patiently waiting. These are my most recent encounters with food vendors and road side hawkers. Eighty percent of the time, Some of us eat out (for personal & complicated reasons) And it's not Eko Hotel Buffet, KFC, Chicken Republic or Sweet Sensation cos we don’t wanna end up washing Eko Hotel toilet after eating. So we cut Our coats according to our size and go for the Iya Basira at our backyards and it’s frightening we would never know what goes on among these food vendors behind closed doors. “Stir the jollof rice oh, add five spoons of thyme, add pepper, add one basin of well water, add the meat from yesterday’s gbegiri, add three cubes of white maggi, one cube of knorr, oya add two spoons of lassa fever…” Pause!!!!!! Every year a lot of money is spent on Food poisoning. # Let 'sLiveRightly.. # ProtectYourStom ach !!.. Keep enjoying ur day!

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Food Poisoning Starts.. by Cutehector(m): 7:32pm On Jan 30, 2016
Chei op u can lie, I thought it was naijasinglegirl d saw dat in iyana ipaja..

Chei.. cheesy grin
Re: This Is How Food Poisoning Starts.. by shadowbender: 7:35pm On Jan 30, 2016
lmao...hilarious article..nice one thou
Re: This Is How Food Poisoning Starts.. by kunlesufyan(m): 7:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
Lmao!!!truth is there's hardly any way one can know the restaurant that's super clean..but its better goes to those that try their best as regards hygeine .
Re: This Is How Food Poisoning Starts.. by Naijasinglegirl: 1:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
*sigh* Maybe she's a ghost.
Cutehector:
Chei op u can lie, I thought it was naijasinglegirl d saw dat in iyana ipaja..

Chei.. cheesy grin
Re: This Is How Food Poisoning Starts.. by Gboliwe: 3:38am On Feb 06, 2016
Rosalieene, why have you deserted your own thread?

Shame on you and every other dumb head out there whose job is to steal other people's intellectual/literary work.

If you can't acknowledge a writer, then task your brain/intellect.

(1) (Reply)

Some Smoking Facts Smokers Need To Know / Virus Free Anambra State: Obiano's "Operation Wipe-out" Sighted In Awka / Doctor Confirms That It’s Totally Possible To Get Pregnant Through Anal Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.