Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,503 members, 7,808,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… (2248 Views)

Faces Of The Officers That Allegedly Mismanaged, Diverted And Looted $2.1b / EFCC Arraigns Suswam Over N3.1bn Fraud Today / Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by foxe(m): 8:27pm On Jan 30, 2016
https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10207044730370081&id=1034960068&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10207044730370081%3Atl_objid.10207044730370081%3Athid.1034960068%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1454313599%3A-1337082729112967367&__tn__=%2As

Oke Umurhohwo
The biggest case of fraud today is not $2.1b,
its $30b…
The $30 Federal budget as proposed is
simply fraudulent, these is just no way else
to put it.
I had written earlier about the absence of the
Education budget on the website of the
Budget Office, yes there is a link to the
Education budget, but click on it, it takes you
to the Defense Budget, so in effect the
education is “missing”. Undeterred I looked at
the Consolidated Budget to find the Education
budget, I wish I did not.

This budget was termed and advertised as a
“zero-based” budget, unfortunately, this
budget is a fraud, anyone who approves or
signs this budget is complicit.
Let me give you a few examples in this
‘missing” education budget, Federal
Government College Garki has a cost
N400,237 repeated 20 times…20 times! local
transport, books, security, maintenance, etc
etc etc, all the same cost for N400,237
Federal College Ijanike has N350,362
repeated 12 times, how can newspapers,
cleaning, Legal, sporting etc etc etc all cost
the same?

Federal College of Iket Nise as N1,278,682
repeated 8 times…. How? water, drugs,
training…all cost exactly N1,278,682?
And it goes on and on and on……
Now before you assume it’s just restricted to
the Ministry of Education, the ministry with
the highest allocation the behemoth Ministry
of Works, Housing and Power has a line
items repeated 7 times i.e. “Generation of
700mw from Zungeru Hydropower project is
duplicated 6 times!

These are just the duplication, what about the
appropriateness of the expenses? The State
House Hospital, just one hospital gets more
allocation than all of Nigeria teaching
hospitals combined….
Let me be very clear, the State House
Medical Center get a proposed capital
appropriation of N3.8b, the combined total of
the capital vote for ALL teaching hospitals in
Nigeria is about N3.0b….no wonder the
capital vote is high this year….
Could the equipment being purchased for the
State House Hospital not be installed in the
National Hospital, so all Nigerian can use it?
I am just disgusted….

This has implications for all of us. You see in
any budget, you list your revenues, then your
expenses, the difference is either a deficit or
a surplus….in Nigeria case it’s a deficit, a
deficit of N2.2t….to fund this N2.2t, Nigeria
will borrow $25m a day, yes Twenty-Five
Million Dollars a day! you and I will pay for
this borrowing, remember oil has crashed,
that’s why you’re seeing “stamp duty taxes
everywhere

The defense given is that we are borrowing to
fund the capital vote, to build roads and rails,
this is false. We are borrowing because the
recurrent vote has been bloated with
numerous repeated “N400,237” and
“N1,278,682”. If the recurrent vote is properly
audited and these duplication cleaned out,
the difference between the revenues and
expenditure will fall, and subsequently the
borrowing will fall….
This budget is a fraud in intent and content,
and truly I am ashamed this fraud has been
presented and has been actually passed to
second reading….so this will pass? We will
actually spend more capital vote on one
hospital than ALL teaching hospital
COMBINED?

I have to stop here; I don’t want to abuse
people….To hell with your anticorruption ……
to hell with it
-Kalu Aja

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by TippyTop(m): 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2016
"Sai Buhari" and all it stands for is the biggest 419 in History.

5 Likes

Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by demo4ril97(m): 8:43pm On Jan 30, 2016
To hell with the anti-buharis it a case of do or die no Baba no betterment.
Change thoughly.
Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by NavierStokes(m): 9:08pm On Jan 30, 2016
"Four legs good, Two Legs better"
Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by baralatie(m): 9:14pm On Jan 30, 2016
undecided
Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by foxe(m): 9:15pm On Jan 30, 2016
I wonder whatis wrong with our generation
Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by Chimezie250(m): 9:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
The case of the more you look the less you see
Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by foxe(m): 9:24pm On Jan 30, 2016
grin grin
Chimezie250:
grin
Chimezie250:
Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by Anthony20: 9:24pm On Jan 30, 2016
Please not that there are serious minded people on this platform. Make sense post serious issues or just keep mute. Your post lack, merit and quality. It also has no direction

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by jaytee01(m): 9:41pm On Jan 30, 2016
NavierStokes:
grin
Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by tunjiajayi: 9:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
Another biafran orientated bastard.
Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by MCMLXXVI(m): 9:58pm On Jan 30, 2016
tunjiajayi:

And you're a coneheaded bastard with NOTHING upstairs!
Cuz if you had a brain in that skull, you would have known that "Umurhohwo" is an EDOID name, not an Igbo name.

Furthermore, you failed to add a single counter argument to the facts presented, choosing instead to attack the strawman so shamelessly. This is a clear pointer that you and your dumb ilk have given up even trying to defend your Kunu-sipping abboki bastard.

Mentally lazy zombie.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by akin7686(m): 10:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
Attention seekers mofo with half baked knowledge on budget analysis. grin
Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by MCMLXXVI(m): 10:11pm On Jan 30, 2016
akin7686:
Attention seekers mofo with half baked knowledge on budget analysis. grin

Is that all you have to say on the matter?
After all of your rants on Jonathan's budget, it is now clearer that your concerns were never about the welfare of the nation or the end of corruption, but the installation of Buhari for your selfish gains.

Now the new budget (and equally including your subsequent responses to the GLARING evidence of MASSIVE corruption) has exposed you all as disgusting, corrupt, hypocritical vultures.

5 Likes

Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by MrSegunAdewole: 10:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
tunjiajayi:
Mynd44 lalasticlala obinoscopy Seun

2 Likes

Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by MaziOmenuko: 10:22pm On Jan 30, 2016
Some people need to check the meaning of 'budget' before turning themselves into half-baked fifth columnist.

A budget is just a blueprint of proposed earning and spending. That argument of figures repeated 20 times doesn't hold water: I can budget 20k for books, 20k for clothes, 20k for jewelries, 20k for fuel and so on, it doesn't mean I will spend less/more/all 20k; I don't have to know the actual cost of books I want to read this year before budgeting 20k on it. If I spend all, good, if not, I return the balance to my account.

Why am I bordering myself trying to explain...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by MCMLXXVI(m): 10:26pm On Jan 30, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
Some people need to check the meaning of 'budget' before turning themselves into half-baked fifth columnist.

A budget is just a blueprint of proposed earning and spending. That argument of figures repeated 20 times doesn't hold water: I can budget 20k for books, 20k for clothes, 20k for jewelries, 20k for fuel and so on, it doesn't mean I will spend less/more/all 20k; I don't have to know the actual cost of books I want to read this year before budgeting 20k on it. If I spend all, good, if not, I return the balance to my account.

Why am I bordering myself trying to explain...

Your argument would have been less idiiotic if Buhari and his motley crew of stark illiterates hadn't gone to town bragging about ZERO BUDGETING. Do you remember that part? ZERO BUDGETING?

Now please kindly take your leave before further messing up yourself on this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by muri4mig(m): 10:27pm On Jan 30, 2016
On behalf of zombies we wish to apologize for this error. It's never deliberate. It maybe publication error. While we may admit this error depending on it existence in the first instance , please we want to assure the wailers that this errors will be detected before it passage or in worst case scenario it's implementation. Confession: Their is no perfection yet in our budgeting system, we are going to get it right in the subsequent budget preparation. We are requesting that the wailers should also play their part in our quest for our national building by returning their loot for the good of all.
Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by tinkinjow: 10:28pm On Jan 30, 2016
NavierStokes:
Surely a case of Animal Farm
Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by MaziOmenuko: 10:42pm On Jan 30, 2016
MCMLXXVI:

Your argument would have been less idiiotic if Buhari and his motley crew of stark illiterates hadn't gone to town bragging about ZERO BUDGETING. Do you remember that part? ZERO BUDGETING?

Now please kindly take your leave before further messing up yourself on this thread.

What do you understand by zero budgeting? No need to mask your of ignorance with insults; just be civil, what do you understand by zero budgeting?
Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by MCMLXXVI(m): 11:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

What do you understand by zero budgeting? No need to mask your of ignorance with insults; just be civil, what do you understand by zero budgeting?

Zero-based budgeting is a budgeting system whereby all expenses are justified for every new period with regards to detailed analysis on cost and needs. Each fiscal year, line-by-line expenses are computed from ground zero, as opposed to the typical system in which budgets are prepared based on additions/subtractions with reference to publications of the preceding years.

The main essence of Zero budgeting is to detect and COUNTER BUDGET INFLATION, SO AS TO ENSURE FISCAL PRUDENCE. Now, take a good look at that disgusting budget and tell me who is being played.
From the bloated website cost to the 1.8 million naira hard drive.

Please, some things are indefensible, and it would be in your best interest if you kindly took your leave instead of dancing nakked in front of the obvious truth.

1 Like

Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by BobUg28(m): 11:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
Start making peace with the things you can't change. Squealing over the APC government will never change a thing. Gone are those days when I was looking up to see a better government. Things will never get better provided that those thieves keep recycling themselves.

1 Like

Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by Strawman: 12:13pm On Jan 31, 2016
MCMLXXVI:

And you're a coneheaded bastard with NOTHING upstairs!
Cuz if you had a brain in that skull, you would have known that "Umurhohwo" is an EDOID name, not an Igbo name.

Furthermore, you failed to add a single counter argument to the facts presented, choosing instead to attack the strawman so shamelessly. This is a clear pointer that you and your dumb ilk have given up even trying to defend your Kunu-sipping abboki bastard.

Mentally lazy zombie.

Who is attacking me!? angry
Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by talktimi(m): 12:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
THIS IS WHY THE SAI BUHARISTS HAVE SUDDENLY GONE MAD TO REASON AND CLEAR EVIDENCES OF CORRUPTION AND IMMUNITY BY THEIR IDOLS

- Minister of Information Lai Mohd has a special funding mechanism from the office of the COS. He has so far received N23b since from May 29th

- PMB gave an order that the Chief of Staff should always make available funds to Lai Mohd at all times. PMB believes in propaganda.

- Lai Mohd had been instructed to fund both conventional & unconventional media at all times. Lai Mohd has graded them into A & B categories.

- Channels TV, AFP, BBCAfrica, BBCHausa, VOA, Punch Newspaper, DailyTrust & social media are in category A.

- Category B are unfriendly media like AIT, Aljazeera, PremiumTimes, ThisDay, Vanguard. Those in category A are to be patronized and funded.

- For instance, Channels was given N500m to carryout out documentaries, etc showing that the Nigerian Army had defeated Boko Haram.

- Online blogs and influencers are also being funded. Sahara Reporters has gotten massive funding by Alhaji Lai Mohd.

- Tolu Ogunlesi & Japheth Omojuwa both got N40m each for influencers. They were directed to pay 40 pro-APC online influencers N2m Naira each.

- This led to the creation of the Online Bloggers Association of Nigeria in order to check how funding can be properly coordinated.

@stoPropaganda

I just pity the jobless vuvuzelas' ranting here for bubu while their mates are raking millions of blood naira in Abuja. So when you are called an IPOB youth just smile and ignore their idioçy because you now know the source of the insult and it transcends Aisha's jollof rice

1 Like

Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by jordyspices: 1:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
Kelechukwu welldone nd clap for yourself
Re: Oke Umurhohwo :-the Biggest Case Of Fraud Today Is Not $2.1b, Its $30b… by talktimi(m): 10:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
Chimezie250:
abracadabra

(1) (Reply)

Chevron Set To Arm Delta Avengers Militants / Nigeria's First Female President. / Video Of How Edo Governorship Candidate Destroyed Elections Papers In His Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.