Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Big Bang Or God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Big Bang Or God? (6076 Views)

Do Christians Worship Jesus Or God? / The Son Of God(or God) Came To Earth Cant Read Or Write / The Jesus Christ Issue; Son Or God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Bang Or God? by Nobody: 5:14am On Jan 31, 2016
“Do not the Unbelievers see
that the heavens and the earth
were joined together (as one
unit of Creation), before
We clove them asunder?”
[Al-Qu’ran 21:30]

As was mentioned earlier, this verse makes it clear what has happened.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Bang Or God? by Griffon(m): 5:15am On Jan 31, 2016
daretodiffer:

Are you new? Yourmai.n is way nicer than I am

By religion, I was referring to all religions and their influence on science lsmiley

I was talking about the existence of a supreme beingsmiley

You're welcome to the conversation dear.
Re: Big Bang Or God? by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 31, 2016
now I can't define learning better than this..
following 101%
Re: Big Bang Or God? by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 31, 2016
ronald4lif:

Religion isn't the reason I'm here today until there are substantial evidence to even proof there's a supernatural being. Man predates religion and so to assert that we are here coz of man made invention is laughable.

Evolution isn't just a theory but an observation with scientific backed evidence.

I was referring to religions impacts on science and the modern day. Regardless we can go back and forth all day, but it is laughable to say that the whole world got it wrong to believe in the existence of some other powerful force(s). Philosophically, life is too complex to banish that thought from the mind.

Evolution is still just a theory. I believe in mutation but to tell me that every bird came from dinosaur or human from a monkey shocked, I am going to disagree on that.
Re: Big Bang Or God? by AyamConfidence(m): 8:16am On Jan 31, 2016
ronald4lif:

Religion isn't the reason I'm here today until there are substantial evidence to even proof there's a supernatural being. Man predates religion and so to assert that we are here coz of man made invention is laughable.

Evolution isn't just a theory but an observation with scientific backed evidence.
please mr. I need those evidences

1 Like

Re: Big Bang Or God? by belac: 8:53am On Jan 31, 2016
Religion basically forms the bedrock of the world problems,I wouldn't hesitate to point that out!!!

Indian and Pakistan were good brothers and one nation forced to disintegrate by Islam-versus-Hinduism tussle and the historic world most peace loving man,MAHATMA GHANDI,had his breath exchanged for peace,assassinated by his very people because of the propagation of his popular rhetoric "let every man that likes practise the religion he likes"...

the feud between Isreal and Palestine would have been resolved long ago but aggravated daily by religious ties!!!

I sometime wonder the remarkable achievements science would've accomplished were the early suppressive moves not levelled against it by the Christians, especially the early days catholics and their popes.. so,it baffles me these days when same Popes seek medical attention in hospitals!!! now,back to our very own dear nation,we have been failed by our religious class a bit more than our political class!!
I would like ro borrow one of their scriptures here "Daniel against Nebukadnezzar"...how many Nigerian pastors can look into the politicians' eyes and criticise them heavily for under performance??

they will claim Christianity doesn't teach dat forgetting that Jesus had to drive the gamblers in the temple out with stick,,Martin Luther king had to fight before he could break the monopoly of Bibles by the priests and monarchs to make every one have access to it today!!! so what are we saying?

how many developed countries of the world bank on religion like we have been doing? even if you gain an admission that is just a common thing in other countries,it is the lord's doing here!!
have you ever consider this "the number of churches in Nigeria increases in arithmetic progression while sins multiply in geometric progreasion"..

Imagine someone said to me " I can't kill because i am a christian"... So, if weren't a christian, would you kill? These things are common sensical

it sucks to know the level of ignorance in our world

1 Like

Re: Big Bang Or God? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 31, 2016
Damn, I hate weighing in late on Intellectual debates.

However, going through this thread, I see there are still some basic points about evolution daretodiffer and others need to understand.

1) Evolution is dependent on the environment and situation for the specie(s) involved. Lemme use this analogy: If we were to lock 100 rats and a 100 dogs with a lot of grass and sufficent meat and we were open the door a million years later ; here are the possible evolutionary trends:
- The rats develop stronger legs for running; they become stronger taller and faster and gradually develops fangs to bite/eat dogs. The whisker becomes a vestigal organ

- The dogs develop molars for chewing grass and lose their acute sense of taste.

- Nothing happens, the rats and the dogs are dead wink.

Two new species (dograss and fangrat) were just formed. They Evolved. Capisce?

2)Evolution isn't a magic show where one animal is here...........and then the next! Evolution doesn't agree with nature. Nature loves stability and Evolution occurs because of change. If the change occurs too quickly, or is too drastic; Evolution doesn't occur. Evolution is a slow, gradual process. It's like writing a book: At first it might be romance or some hodge-podge. You start writing it at first but then you get a lovely sci-fi or fantasy idea and you're like "Damn, this book will be so much better if this idea is included". But then do you then change your romance novel into a sci-fi novel? Hell no, you gradually introduce science fiction until you get a novel in equal proportion to sci-fi and romance. But you, still being unsatisfied, decide to write a sci-fi novel. But then do you start again? No, you gradually edit the romantic parts (you will still leave some though : vestigial organsgrin) until you get a sci-fi novel pure and simple. Evolution is just like that.

3) Scientists have discovered transitonary fossils of some animals eg whales, birds, man etc. Insufficent space prevents me from expantiating on this.

4) Mutations are still occuring. A while back, I read of a woman who could see colours no one else can't. While green is green to us, she sees and extra "shimmer".
The Japanese after Hiroshima gave to mutated kids which they had to put down; sadly.

5) Evolution wasn't just accepted when Darwin propounded it at first. He was mocked, riddculed and his theory denied. But it stood the test of time and geologists started discovering fossils which supported his theory. Right now, evolution branches to many different aspects : geoglogy, palentology, microbiology et al.

6) There are theists who accept evolutions and still hold their beliefs. Leakey, the man who proved the evolution of man to the court, was a Catholic. An Islamic Scholar in the 7th Century had proposed Natural selection before darwin was even born.

7) The formation of DNA by inorganic Substances is exceedingly improbable. In life, we accept extremely unlikely things to be impossible. But it is not so. 5 years ago, Any man who said Chelsea will not be in the top ten in 2016 will be called a madman. But now what do we see If anything, Stanley Miller's experiment does give my hypothesis a nice cushion. And believe me, the earth was in existence millions of years ago. Take a look at mankind's progress a thousand years. Now imagine what will happen for MILLIONS of years. My hypothesis don't seem far-fetched anymore again, does it

1 Like

Re: Big Bang Or God? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 31, 2016
SirWere:

However, going through this thread, I see there are still some basic points about evolution daretodiffer and others need to understand.

1) Evolution is dependent on the environment and situation for the specie(s) involved. Lemme use this analogy: If we were to lock 100 rats and a 100 dogs with a lot of grass and sufficent meat and we were open the door a million years later ; here are the possible evolutionary trends:
- The rats develop stronger legs for running; they become stronger taller and faster and gradually develops fangs to bite/eat dogs. The whisker becomes a vestigal organ

- The dogs develop molars for chewing grass and lose their acute sense of taste.

2)Evolution isn't a magic show where one animal is here...........and then the next! Evolution doesn't agree with nature. Nature loves stability and Evolution occurs because of change. If the change occurs too quickly, or is too drastic; Evolution doesn't occur. Evolution is a slow, gradual process. It's like writing a book: At first it might be romance or some hodge-podge. You start writing it at first but then you get a lovely sci-fi or fantasy idea and you're like "Damn, this book will be so much better if this idea is included". But then do you then change your romance novel into a sci-fi novel? Hell no, you gradually introduce science fiction until you get a novel in equal proportion to sci-fi and romance. But you, still being unsatisfied, decide to write a sci-fi novel. But then do you start again? No, you gradually edit the romantic parts (you will still leave some though : vestigial organsgrin) until you get a sci-fi novel pure and simple. Evolution is just like that.

3) Scientists have discovered transitonary fossils of some animals eg whales, birds, man etc. Insufficent space prevents me from expantiating on this.

4) Mutations are still occuring. A while back, I read of a woman who could see colours no one else can't. While green is green to us, she sees and extra "shimmer".
The Japanese after Hiroshima gave to mutated kids which they had to put down; sadly.

5) Evolution wasn't just accepted when Darwin propounded it at first. He was mocked, riddculed and his theory denied. But it stood the test of time and geologists started discovering fossils which supported his theory. Right now, evolution branches to many different aspects : geoglogy, palentology, microbiology et al.

6) There are theists who accept evolutions and still hold their beliefs. Leakey, the man who proved the evolution of man to the court, was a Catholic. An Islamic Scholar in the 7th Century had proposed Natural selection before darwin was even born.

7) The formation of DNA by inorganic Substances is exceedingly improbable. In life, we accept extremely unlikely things to be impossible. But it is not so. 5 years ago, Any man who said Chelsea will not be in the top ten in 2016 will be called a madman. But now what do we see If anything, Stanley Miller's experiment does give my hypothesis a nice cushion. And believe me, the earth was in existence millions of years ago. Take a look at mankind's progress a thousand years. Now imagine what will happen for MILLIONS of years. My hypothesis don't seem far-fetched anymore again, does it

I know what evolution meansundecided however I don't agree that extreme conditions are enough to transform one animal into another. I understand and agree with mutation, I agree that rats can learn to run faster to adapt to their changing environment but did then to completely develop wingssmiley. I don't think so.

I had this book serieswhile I was growing up. I can't remember if anyone is familiar with it. The books had hard cover, lovely shiny pictures,great quality paper. It was on dinosaurs, it contained every tiny bit of details about dinosaurs to birds. I think they were published by Ladybird(not sure).

I am a religious nutsmiley and my understanding of my religion tells me that God has the power to create any animal if he so desires.
Re: Big Bang Or God? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 31, 2016
belac:
Religion basically forms the bedrock of the world problems,I wouldn't hesitate to point that out!!!

Indian and Pakistan were good brothers and one nation forced to disintegrate by Islam-versus-Hinduism tussle and the historic world most peace loving man,MAHATMA GHANDI,had his breath exchanged for peace,assassinated by his very people because of the propagation of his popular rhetoric "let every man that likes practise the religion he likes"...

the feud between Isreal and Palestine would have been resolved long ago but aggravated daily by religious ties!!!

I sometime wonder the remarkable achievements science would've accomplished were the early suppressive moves not levelled against it by the Christians, especially the early days catholics and their popes.. so,it baffles me these days when same Popes seek medical attention in hospitals!!! now,back to our very own dear nation,we have been failed by our religious class a bit more than our political class!!
I would like ro borrow one of their scriptures here "Daniel against Nebukadnezzar"...how many Nigerian pastors can look into the politicians' eyes and criticise them heavily for under performance??

they will claim Christianity doesn't teach dat forgetting that Jesus had to drive the gamblers in the temple out with stick,,Martin Luther king had to fight before he could break the monopoly of Bibles by the priests and monarchs to make every one have access to it today!!! so what are we saying?

how many developed countries of the world bank on religion like we have been doing? even if you gain an admission that is just a common thing in other countries,it is the lord's doing here!!
have you ever consider this "the number of churches in Nigeria increases in arithmetic progression while sins multiply in geometric progreasion"..

Imagine someone said to me " I can't kill because i am a christian"... So, if weren't a christian, would you kill? These things are common sensical

it sucks to know the level of ignorance in our world

You are kidding yourself is your think religion is mainly the reason for India-Pakistani tussle or Isreali-Palestine feudundecided
Re: Big Bang Or God? by bqlekan(m): 12:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
ronald4lif:

You don't think abiogenesis is real and that non-living matter can form into a living organism?

no, you have to prove that..

coming back to your other post.. just been busy
Re: Big Bang Or God? by ronald4lif(m): 12:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
daretodiffer:

I was referring to religions impacts on science and the modern day. Regardless we can go back and forth all day, but it is laughable to say that the whole world got it wrong to believe in the existence of some other powerful force(s). Philosophically, life is too complex to banish that thought from the mind.

Evolution is still just a theory. I believe in mutation but to tell me that every bird came from dinosaur or human from a monkey shocked, I am going to disagree on that.

The meaning of theory varies. The formal scientific definition of theory is quite different from the everyday meaning of the word. It refers to a comprehensive explanation of some aspect of nature that is supported by a vast body of evidence. Many scientific theories are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them substantially.

For instance, no new evidence will demonstrate that the Earth does not orbit around the sun (heliocentric theory), or that living things are not made of cells (cell theory), that matter is not composed of atoms, or that the surface of the Earth is not divided into solid plates that have moved over geological timescales (the theory of plate tectonics) and so on.

One of the most useful properties of scientific theories is that they can be used to make predictions about natural events or phenomena that have not yet been observed. So to say evolution is just a theory doesn't dismiss it.

And that the world (believers I must add) believes in religion isn't enough basis to admit it existence without substantial evidence to support it claims. Religion is a mad made invention and like every invention they are expected to be proven.

The argument of birds not evolving from dinosaurs can only be pushed further if you mind telling where and how birds emerged from.
Re: Big Bang Or God? by ronald4lif(m): 1:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
AyamConfidence:
please mr. I need those evidences

You've to first lay out your discountenance about evolution and we can pick it up from there.
Re: Big Bang Or God? by CoolUsername: 1:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
daretodiffer:

If you're going to deny evolution, then what other scientific model can you propose?
Re: Big Bang Or God? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
ronald4lif:

The meaning of theory varies. The formal scientific definition of theory is quite different from the everyday meaning of the word. It refers to a comprehensive explanation of some aspect of nature that is supported by a vast body of evidence. Many scientific theories are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them substantially.

For instance, no new evidence will demonstrate that the Earth does not orbit around the sun (heliocentric theory), or that living things are not made of cells (cell theory), that matter is not composed of atoms, or that the surface of the Earth is not divided into solid plates that have moved over geological timescales (the theory of plate tectonics) and so on.

One of the most useful properties of scientific theories is that they can be used to make predictions about natural events or phenomena that have not yet been observed. So to say evolution is just a theory doesn't dismiss it.

And that the world (believers I must add) believes in religion isn't enough basis to admit it existence without substantial evidence to support it claims. Religion is a mad made invention and like every invention they are expected to be proven.

The argument of birds not evolving from dinosaurs can only be pushed further if you mind telling where and how birds emerged from.

This is easysmiley

God created themundecidedsmiley. They came to be by purpose of creation just like dinosaurs. Ermmmm...if birds evolved from dinosaurs and dinosaurs evolved from archosaurs, how did archosaurs came to be.

Personally, I believe that they are different animals. One dies, another comes into being. It is within the power of be and it is.

It probably wouldn't make any sense to yousmiley
Re: Big Bang Or God? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
CoolUsername:

If you're going to deny evolution, then what other scientific model can you propose?

I am a believer and that means I cannot propose a scientific model without religion.

I believe in the big bang theory and the expansion theory because my Qur'an support them. If I were to explain them, I will have to apply my Qur'ansmiley
Re: Big Bang Or God? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
ronald4lif:

You don't think abiogenesis is real and that non-living matter can form into a living organism?

That would be magic

Where are my witches and wizardssmiley

There is something you can do (which I hope to do someday), you can do an investigative journalism on witchcraftsmiley.
Re: Big Bang Or God? by CoolUsername: 1:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
daretodiffer:

I am a believer and that means I cannot propose a scientific model without religion.

I believe in the big bang theory and the expansion theory because my Qur'an support them. If I were to explain them, I will have to apply my Qur'ansmiley

Doesn't the Qur'an postulate a 6 day creation period? I'm not quite sure.
Re: Big Bang Or God? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
CoolUsername:

Doesn't the Qur'an postulate a 6 day creation period? I'm not quite sure.

It does but the six days have been translated to mean many many years not six days in the literal sense.
Re: Big Bang Or God? by ronald4lif(m): 3:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
bqlekan:

no, you have to prove that..

coming back to your other post.. just been busy

I think this should depends on your definition of living. There are variant animate and inanimate compounds. Life is made up of proteins. Proteins are made from amino acids. There have been numerous experiments where they put nitrogen, oxygen, carbon and hydrogen and helium (the components of our universe) in a tube and applied energy (electricity) and those individual C,H,N,O,He molecules assembled into amino acids. Amino acids are not alive but they are the building blocks of "life".

For instance in soil formation, phosphates and water combine with nitrates. Carbondioxide in air combines with those items in photosynthesis to become chlorophyll, which is the material that makes a plant have its energy. So in the process, four inorganic materials became the fuel for a living thing, and in the process of doing so, allowed that thing to grow. Those raw materials became the material of the plant.

Consequently, animals eat the plant. They turn it into proteins.

Furthermore, we eat the animals. We turn it into proteins.

And yet it started from inorganic materials.
Re: Big Bang Or God? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 31, 2016
daretodiffer:

I know what evolution meansundecided however I don't agree that extreme conditions are enough to transform one animal into another. I understand and agree with mutation, I agree that rats can learn to run faster to adapt to their changing environment but did then to completely develop wingssmiley. I don't think so.

I had this book serieswhile I was growing up. I can't remember if anyone is familiar with it. The books had hard cover, lovely shiny pictures,great quality paper. It was on dinosaurs, it contained every tiny bit of details about dinosaurs to birds. I think they were published by Ladybird(not sure).

I am a religious nutsmiley and my understanding of my religion tells me that God has the power to create any animal if he so desires.

@the first bolded , the conditions are not extreme but must be pretty bad. Else the law of stability holds

@The second bolded; the evolution of birds is a fascinating topic. Do read up on it naa............ And not the colour book or some creationist website this time.
Re: Big Bang Or God? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
SirWere:

@the first bolded , the conditions are not extreme but must be pretty bad. Else the law of stability holds

@The second bolded; the evolution of birds is a fascinating topic. Do read up on it naa............ And not the colour book or some creationist website this time.

Colour book? You do not know what you are talking about.
Re: Big Bang Or God? by bqlekan(m): 7:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
ronald4lif:

I think this should depends on your definition of living. There are variant animate and inanimate compounds. Life is made up of proteins. Proteins are made from amino acids. There have been numerous experiments where they put nitrogen, oxygen, carbon and hydrogen and helium (the components of our universe) in a tube and applied energy (electricity) and those individual C,H,N,O,He molecules assembled into amino acids. Amino acids are not alive but they are the building blocks of "life".

when i say living things, i mean those that satisfy MRNIGERD. the amino acid formed in a controlled environment still doesn't explain how amino acid could have formed by chance in the atmosphere, the presence of oxygen in that setup would almost immediately destroy the acids. I bet your amino acid was extracted by the cold method. The environment then contained oxygen, uv etc which will destroy any amino acid formed. bro, Amino acid could not have been formed by chance.

For instance in soil formation, phosphates and water combine with nitrates. Carbondioxide in air combines with those items in photosynthesis to become chlorophyll, which is the material that makes a plant have its energy. So in the process, four inorganic materials became the fuel for a living thing, and in the process of doing so, allowed that thing to grow. Those raw materials became the material of the plant.

Consequently, animals eat the plant. They turn it into proteins.

Furthermore, we eat the animals. We turn it into proteins.

And yet it started from inorganic materials.
bro, the formation of Protein from aminoacid is a very complex phenomenon, and the whole protein structure in the body are formed by left handed amino acid. bonded uniquely with peptide bond. if it was trial by error as evolutionist claim, right handed amino acids would have been formed (extremely detrimental to the cell). the probability of forming a medium chain protein which contains 500 unique left handed chain of amino acid in a single cell by chance is is 10-950. taking this into consideration, the human body contains gigantic molecules of protein, 1500 chains and so on. The body contains over a 100 trillion cells. what would be the probability of having all these cells evolve by trial and error? sad

again, we are handiworks of an intelligent designer
Re: Big Bang Or God? by bqlekan(m): 8:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
SirWere:

bro, you getting it all wrong, natural selection could not have caused variation in species, even darwin acknowledged this. Mutation, Fossils, Punctuated equilibrium etc have all failed in their attempt to explain the evolutionary gap.

what happened in the Precambrian period?
Re: Big Bang Or God? by CoolUsername: 8:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
bqlekan:

bro, you getting it all wrong, natural selection could not have caused variation in species, even darwin acknowledged this. Mutation, Fossils, Punctuated equilibrium etc have all failed in their attempt to explain the evolutionary gap.

what happened in the Precambrian period?

A vast majority of the animals that die, are lost forever. Fossilization only happens at optimum conditions, and even then, it is biased to animals with exo-skeletons. To cut the long story short, the pre-cambrian fossil record is extremely poor, but it is by no mean non-existent.

You use the cambrian explosion to disprove evolution but neglect the fact that this 'explosion' happened in 20 million years. That's plenty of time for evolution. It is possible that the explosion took place after a mass extinction. Because mass extinctions are usually followed by relatively rapid evolution.

The cambrian explosion isn't the only period of rapid evolution that has been observed. I believe that objective research on this field would help you to fully understand the processes involved.

As for an evolutionary gap, I will ask you to look into the archaeopteryx, a missing link between dinosaurs and birds. Also, you can follow this link when you have the time

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transitional_fossils

There are even animals that seem like good candidates for what we can call transitional animals. For example the lungfish, mudskipper, duckbilled platypus, the list goes on and on.

I apologize for the long post.
Re: Big Bang Or God? by Griffon(m): 10:54pm On Jan 31, 2016
I've got a question for all the proponents of the big bang theory.

Griffon:
Question: No proposed mechanism for the formation of the solar
system from a gradually collapsing nebula can account for the earth's vast quantities of water. Where did the earth's large volumes of water come from?

Ronald4lif shey you dey dodge this question abi? cheesy
Re: Big Bang Or God? by ronald4lif(m): 11:55pm On Jan 31, 2016
Griffon:
I've got a question for all the proponents of the big bang theory.

Ronald 4lif shey you dey dodge this question abi? cheesy

Lol. Didn't see the mention until now. Hehe.

I think study has shown protoplanetary nebula probably had a lot of water in it. There's plenty of water in interstellar space too. And loads of the chunks floating around in the protoplanetary nebula appears like comets. So comets did deposit a substantial amount of water to the planet.

Some of the earth water came from rocky meteorite too. But on a smaller scale as compared to comets I must add.

But most essentially all the earth's water was here from the formation of the planet. When the earth was very hot and still accreting, all of the surface water evaporated away. But there was still a huge amount trapped in the interior.

After a crust began to form and the surface was cooling, volcanoes were plentiful and large amounts of water were spewed up with the magma. Till date, volcanoes still do that. When the crust was cool enough for liquid water to exist there, it rained and pools formed. Over time and with many more volcanic eruptions, we ended up with oceans.

Less also not forget that water is hydrogen and oxygen, two very common element in the universe.
Re: Big Bang Or God? by ronald4lif(m): 12:01am On Feb 01, 2016
Griffon, here's what one Dr. Lydia Hallis of the University of Glasgow said after a new research about the origin of water on the earth as conducted last year.

‘The Baffin Isand rocks were collected back in 1985, and scientists have had a lot of time to analyze them in the intervening years. As a result of their efforts, we know that they contain a component from Earth’s deep mantle.

‘On their way to the surface, these rocks were never affected by sedimentary input from crustal rocks, and previous research shows their source region has remained untouched since Earth’s formation. Essentially, they are some of the most primitive rocks we’ve ever found on Earth’s surface, and so the water they contain gives us an invaluable insight into Earth’s early history and where its water came from.

‘We found that the water had very little deuterium, which strongly suggests that it was not carried to Earth after it had formed and cooled. Instead, water molecules were likely carried on the dust that existed in a disk around our Sun before the planets formed. Over time this water-rich dust was slowly drawn together to form our planet.’

‘Even though a good deal of water would have been lost at the surface through evaporation in the heat of the formation process, enough survived to form the world’s water.

“It’s an exciting discovery, and one which we simply didn’t have the technology to make just a few years ago. We’re looking forward to further research in this area in the future.’

1 Like

Re: Big Bang Or God? by Griffon(m): 6:51am On Feb 01, 2016
ronald4lif:

Lol. Didn't see the mention until now. Hehe.

I think study has shown protoplanetary nebula probably had a lot of water in it. There's plenty of water in interstellar space too. And loads of the chunks floating around in the protoplanetary nebula appears like comets. So comets did deposit a substantial amount of water to the planet.

Some of the earth water came from rocky meteorite too. But on a smaller scale as compared to comets I must add.

But most essentially all the earth's water was here from the formation of the planet. When the earth was very hot and still accreting, all of the surface water evaporated away. But there was still a huge amount trapped in the interior.

After a crust began to form and the surface was cooling, volcanoes were plentiful and large amounts of water were spewed up with the magma. Till date, volcanoes still do that. When the crust was cool enough for liquid water to exist there, it rained and pools formed. Over time and with many more volcanic eruptions, we ended up with oceans.

Less also not forget that water is hydrogen and oxygen, two very common element in the universe.

I'm yet to get the final word. Ronald you and many other scientists out there are yet to deliver with all sincerity and certainty where water came from. The analysis have been supported with limited samples, the many theories have been contradicting. From the Hydrogen and oxygen claims to Comets and Asteroids claims. You lot have been clutching at straws cheesy

Come to think of it the formation of hydrogen and oxygen molecules and the subsequent formation of water are two different things. That's because even when hydrogen and oxygen molecules mix, they still need a spark of energy to form water. The process is a violent one, and that certainly can't be a safe way to create water on Earth.

On the other hand, if the claim that comets is the source of the earth’s ocean water, then they too must contain just the right ratio of heavy to regular water, but that seems not to be the case.

Nwanne is it safe to say the "God did it" team are leading by one nil? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Big Bang Or God? by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 01, 2016
I see and read ignorance all over this thread. My both hands up in the air in full support of the Big Ban theory. Now when you don't know how things work, it doesn't give you reason to act faith or believe in fairytales such as God, Satan and all.

Funny how daretodiffer believes in mutation but doesn't believe in the evolution of man ancestral parent originated from monkey, Now that's ignorance in the highest order, I'm calling you out on your ignorance cus its a disrespect to man ancestors, intellect and evolution. That you don't know it don't mean you gotta contradict yourself believing in pieces(mutation) and not believe the full (evolution).

Again I'm in full support of the big bang and can proof its evidence of todays effect and its occurrence, Quote and reply me for clarification if yall lost and Yes the Bang truly happenes 13.7billion years ago.
Re: Big Bang Or God? by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 01, 2016
aaronson:
I see and read ignorance all over this thread. My both hands up in the air in full support of the Big Ban theory. Now when you don't know how things work, it doesn't give you reason to act faith or believe in fairytales such as God, Satan and all.

Funny how daretodiffer believes in mutation but doesn't believe in the evolution of man ancestral parent originated from monkey, Now that's ignorance in the highest order, I'm calling you out on your ignorance cus its a disrespect to man ancestors, intellect and evolution. That you don't know it don't mean you gotta contradict yourself believing in pieces(mutation) and not believe the full (evolution).

Again I'm in full support of the big bang and can proof its evidence of todays effect and its occurrence, Quote and reply me for clarification if yall lost and Yes the Bang truly happenes 13.7billion years ago.

Can you please STFU?

I am entitled to believe what I believe in. You are a disgrace and dissapointment to your ancestors. You should be ashamed to call yourself human.

Nonetity!
Re: Big Bang Or God? by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 01, 2016
daretodiffer:

Can you please STFU?

I am entitled to believe what I believe in. You are a disgrace and dissapointment to your ancestors. You should be ashamed to call yourself human.

Nonetity!
Nothing surprises me anymore because have learnt psychology way to much to reply to your reverse psychology, Now, the meaning of that trait you just showed is as a result of COGNITIVE DISSONANCE.

Here's is my diagnosis----Reading! Studying facts while reading badly damages ignorance and when it does, it dissolves that trait of cognitive dissonance.
Re: Big Bang Or God? by bqlekan(m): 8:53am On Feb 01, 2016
Daretodiffer and aaronson, pls let's refrain from insulting each other. This thread's sole purpose is to debate on our beliefs and not to insult one's intellects. You wanna debate, drop your points and be ready to defend them.

Thanks

Coolusername, I'm still coming for you grin having issues with my phone. I've been on pc which I can't carry around

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Atheists Bother? / Is God Wicked For Doing This? / Agnosticism Is The Most Scientific answer To The Question Of A Creator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.