Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,018 members, 7,803,409 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Many Air Crashes During His Short Tenure So Far - Is Minister Aborishade Jinxed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Many Air Crashes During His Short Tenure So Far - Is Minister Aborishade Jinxed? (1131 Views)

Pastor Chris Okafor 2016 Prophecies: Ex-President & Ex-Minister May Die; New STD / How Far Is Heaven??? / Joining The Occult Results In Generational Curses That Bring Air Crashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Many Air Crashes During His Short Tenure So Far - Is Minister Aborishade Jinxed? by iyes(m): 9:22pm On Oct 30, 2006
Prof Aborishade is roughly a year and half as minister of aviation in Nigeria. In this short spell, his tenure has recorded air crashes at the rate of about one every two months, some of which have been very fatal.

These mishaps have not spared any type of flight - commercial, cargo, military, private, helicopters et al.

Unfortunately, the leadership of the Aviation Ministry have other focus other than air travel safety. For instance, rather than upgrading the air control systems at Lagos local and international airports, under him, they were busy awarding spurious contracts in "come and chop" fashion. E.g. cutting of airport grass for about N450Million, fencing of the airport (against rodents I guess, as those fences never kept away vandals, and cattle from the runway) for close to a billion, meanwhile, the runways were ALL pot-hole ridden, to the point that only one (runway 18) was working all year, and soon it also got bad. in addition to no lights aid for night landing.

In fact at a time, it was known that landing in any airports in Nigeria (probably up till now) pilots relied on best of judgement and experience rather than any airports controls. And night flights landing was as good as russian roulette. Radar? what does that mean?? Do they sell it at Alaba or Yaba , Forget it then!

Now we are harvesting from his lack of vision, direction, control, understanding and grasp of the situation, and general laissez faire. When the Bellview cresh happened in October last year, many called for the scalp of the man, who was seen as grossly incompetent on the job, but his godfather, OBJ saved him, pleading that he be given more time to "settle" in, and that he was just unlucky that the mishap happened about half a year after he took over. He has now, and many more crashes have followed. But I remember, the senate refused to ratify the man's nomination for the job, citing his woeful performance as Education minister (in fact he was the worst education minster to date) and "baba" had to ram it down their (senate's) throat insisting that he (Borisade) was appointed by force. Eventually, he was after appearing about 3 or 4 times before the senate. Let's just say he was "promoted on trial" after those re-sits!

Now, the question has reared its dragonian head again. Is he just unlucky or outrightly unfit for the job?

Either way, I'm afraid (my personal opinion though) he is too "dangerous" for enthrusting the lives of passengers to in Nigerian airspace.

What do you think?
Re: Many Air Crashes During His Short Tenure So Far - Is Minister Aborishade Jinxed? by edwinia(f): 12:51am On Oct 31, 2006
iyes i quite agree with u 100% i think the man is really unfit for the job or may i say his bad luck has cost us 2 many lifes already is either he leaves us in peace not anymore in pieces or in bags before we demand 4 his head also,  let him carry his bad luck to his lipsrsealed as for me am through with flight in this country cus am scared of untimely death and for those lives that were lost we pray God to grant them eternal rest amen sad
Re: Many Air Crashes During His Short Tenure So Far - Is Minister Aborishade Jinxed? by lauryn(f): 12:54am On Oct 31, 2006
Amen!

(1) (Reply)

All Nairaland Please Post Your Prayer Request Here / Should Polygamy Be Made A Crime In Nigeria? / A New Earth Webclass With Eckhart Tolle And Oprah Winfrey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.