Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Why Do Some Churches Shout "Amen! Amen! Amen! Fire!"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Some Churches Shout "Amen! Amen! Amen! Fire!"? (2223 Views)

Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / On What Basis Is A Woman Made A Pastor In Some Churches? / Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Churches Shout "Amen! Amen! Amen! Fire!"? by Dahveydson(m): 9:38am On Jan 31, 2016
Therefore God also has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
- Phillipians 2:9-11

Going by the above, the bible is clear on the means through which we can access God, make request and engage in spiritual warfare. And it's simply through the name of "JESUS", everything other thing is secondary.

What isn't clear is where "Amen! Amen! Amen! Fire" came from, there's nowhere I have read/seen in the bible that the shout of Amen was followed with fire (I stand to be corrected). Amen means so shall it be or it is so. Now add fire to that and see if it makes any sense, "So shall it be! Fire!" - see?

This doctrine is being practised by churches mostly in Nigeria, and it confuses me a bit if we are to follow to word of God which is the bible then I daresay that the doctrine is not rooted or acquired from the word of God. Again, I stand to be corrected.

Now the questions are; what does it mean? Where can it be found in the bible? and where did it come from?

Dear Nairalanders, let's discuss this.

Happy Sunday!

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Why Do Some Churches Shout "Amen! Amen! Amen! Fire!"? by menesheh(m): 9:45am On Jan 31, 2016
Babbling and ranting, applying the power of human emotion

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Churches Shout "Amen! Amen! Amen! Fire!"? by malvisguy212: 10:13am On Jan 31, 2016
The Hebrew word translated “amen” literally means “truly” or “so be it.” in Deuteronomy 27 the isrealite are to response with the word "Amen" in response to God righteous judgment.
And in Nehemiah 5:13 the words Amen and praise were use together:

Nehemiah 5:13
13 I also shook out the fold of my
garment and said, “So may God shake
out every man from his house and from
his labor who does not keep this
promise. So may he be shaken out and
emptied.” And all the assembly said
“Amen” and praised the Lord. And the
people did as they had promised.

The highest expression of praise to God is obedience, and when we say “amen” to His commands and pronouncements, our praise is sweet music to His ears.

The realm we live in is a spiritual war zone between light and darkness, There 're two categories of Spiritual warfare are: offensive and defensive. Offensive
warfare is tearing down the strongholds
the enemy has formed in your mind
through deception and accusations, and
defensive warfare is guarding yourself
against the tactics or schemes of the devil.
Re: Why Do Some Churches Shout "Amen! Amen! Amen! Fire!"? by malvisguy212: 10:16am On Jan 31, 2016
menesheh:
I just feel like to knock the atheists deception out of your head.
Re: Why Do Some Churches Shout "Amen! Amen! Amen! Fire!"? by menesheh(m): 10:40am On Jan 31, 2016
malvisguy212:
I just feel like to knock the atheists deception out of your head.

grin
No, don't, atleast for today being Sunday.

You are not even the one in the position to do that but god. It is god responsibility to bring forward empirical evidence and substantiation of his exist. Reason being that any of us can be wrong about things we are convinced of being in the right wing. Or haven't you been wrong about things before?

Brother, this 10.30 and the church is seriously raging. What's the damn thing you are doing with your phone and Nairaland at this hour. Hope you are not the type that say a different thing and at the same time doing another set of things.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Churches Shout "Amen! Amen! Amen! Fire!"? by Dahveydson(m): 11:03am On Jan 31, 2016
malvisguy212:
The Hebrew word translated “amen” literally means “truly” or “so be it.” in Deuteronomy 27 the isrealite are to response with the word "Amen" in response to God righteous judgment.
And in Nehemiah 5:13 the words Amen and praise were use together:

Nehemiah 5:13
13 I also shook out the fold of my
garment and said, “So may God shake
out every man from his house and from
his labor who does not keep this
promise. So may he be shaken out and
emptied.” And all the assembly said
“Amen” and praised the Lord. And the
people did as they had promised.

The highest expression of praise to God is obedience, and when we say “amen” to His commands and pronouncements, our praise is sweet music to His ears.

The realm we live in is a spiritual war zone between light and darkness, There 're two categories of Spiritual warfare are: offensive and defensive. Offensive
warfare is tearing down the strongholds
the enemy has formed in your mind
through deception and accusations, and
defensive warfare is guarding yourself
against the tactics or schemes of the devil.
You still didn't answer the question. Why the fire after it?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Churches Shout "Amen! Amen! Amen! Fire!"? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
Dahveydson:
Therefore God also has highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Going by the above, the bible is clear on the means through which we can access God, make request and engage in spiritual warfare. And it's simply through the name of "JESUS", everything other thing is secondary.
What isn't clear is where "Amen! Amen! Amen! Fire" came from, there's nowhere I have read/seen in the bible that the shout of Amen was followed with fire (I stand to be corrected). Amen means so shall it be or it is so. Now add fire to that and see if it makes any sense, "So shall it be! Fire!" - see?
This doctrine is being practised by churches mostly in Nigeria, and it confuses me a bit if we are to follow to word of God which is the bible then I daresay that the doctrine is not rooted or acquired from the word of God. Again, I stand to be corrected.
Now the questions are; what does it mean? Where can it be found in the bible? and where did it come from?
Happy Sunday!
Dahveydson:
Happy Sunday!

Amen means "so be it. You'll find it as an end in many epistles of paul" I would not mind it where appropriate. When agreeing with a declaration, a prayer. ...

"Fire" in the way you use it does not make sense. I have attended a meeting where the preacher kept yelling everything he said will happen "by fire by force!" He also made people stand cheer him up and yell after him... "by fire by force!" That's how the flesh is powered up. You'll find such meetings full of static, the power of the flesh rules. That's why am more inclined to the more institutional and ordered gatherings nowadays.

I agree with this one;

menesheh:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Churches Shout "Amen! Amen! Amen! Fire!"? by Dahveydson(m): 3:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
Muafrika2:

Amen means "so be it. You'll find it as an end in many epistles of paul" I would not mind it where appropriate. When agreeing with a declaration, a prayer. ...

"Fire" in the way you use it does not make sense. I have attended a meeting where the preacher kept yelling everything he said will happen "by fire by force!" He also made people stand cheer him up and yell after him... "by fire by force!" That's how the flesh is powered up. You'll find such meetings full of static, the power of the flesh rules. That's why am more inclined to the more institutional and ordered gatherings nowadays.

I agree with this one;

You hit the nail on the head.
Re: Why Do Some Churches Shout "Amen! Amen! Amen! Fire!"? by olatunjithomas(m): 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
Dahveydson:

You hit the nail on the head.

Good evening boss, I'm sorry to have disturbed you,but there is one thing I need from you,

Nd I will be so glad if I can get it from you boss

with due respect boss, I had like you to support falconey for
Mr nairaland 2016. you've done it before, you're a champion,
you can do it again.
the profile is www.nairaland.com/falconey

thanks bro, respect.

if you like to join the WhatsApp group ,you can PM me, I'll sort that out.

thanks once again my boss

TEAMFALCONEY.

VOTING WILL COMMENCE ON MONDAY 18th JULY 2016.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Father Mbaka: Priest Or Political Soldier ? / Many Sinners Want To Stop Sinning But The Ten Commandments Cannot Save / Photos Of A Dwarf Nigierian Pastor Preaching At A Crusade In Kaduna(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.