Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event (40563 Views)

Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) / 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) / Wives Of Olowu Of Owu At A Function In Complete Hijab Sitting Next To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by NEHLIVE: 10:42am On Jan 31, 2016
Olowu of Owu Ile in Ejigbo local govt area of Osun State, Oba Muhammad Qozeem Rohji Adekunle Okikiola Ilufemiloye was pictured at a function with his wives totally covered in hijab. At 38, Oba Qozeem is the youngest and most religious Yoruba monarch. However, the Olowu of Owu is not the only Nigerian leader whose wives go about covered from head to toes; the Minister of Communication Adebayo Shittu also has his wife covered.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/01/photo-wives-of-olowu-of-owu-seen-at.html

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by NEHLIVE: 10:42am On Jan 31, 2016
He is not alone, see the current Minister of Communication Adebayo Shittu with his wife too all covered up here» http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/01/photo-wives-of-olowu-of-owu-seen-at.html
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by INTROVERT(f): 10:45am On Jan 31, 2016
mehnnnnn
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by honeygirl17: 10:48am On Jan 31, 2016
Masquerades sitting close to him

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by MosakuAW(m): 10:50am On Jan 31, 2016
There are many things that this so called Oba needs to learn. You cant be an Oba and still claimed to be so religious.

All Oba in Nigeria practise one fetish thing or the other and you cant be an Oba and still claim to be religious. You cant serve God and serve satan at the same time.

Some men claimed to be religious and by that, asked their wives to cover their faces while they keep their own face open to the public. Why cant he the Oba also wear the Hijab.

Toba ma je osa'ka je osa'ka, toba ma je oso'ko je oso'ko, which be Osa'ka Oso'ko.

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by maryam6(f): 10:58am On Jan 31, 2016
Gud

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Gracito(f): 11:01am On Jan 31, 2016
Ngwanu. O di egwu

5 Likes

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Atlantian: 11:09am On Jan 31, 2016
A very silly person is now Oba. What a people.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by nerodenero: 11:11am On Jan 31, 2016
Religion aside, this is simply violation of the women's right but they accepted to be violated. Imagine wearing this in a scorching hot day cry cry cry.

Considering their faith, a simple hijab is better than wearing this and looking like aliens undecided

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Omotayor123(f): 11:21am On Jan 31, 2016
This king stingy oooundecided
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by sandracoopert(f): 11:38am On Jan 31, 2016
MosakuAW:

There are many things that this so called Oba needs to learn. You cant be an Oba and still claimed to be so religious.

All Oba in Nigeria practise one fetish thing or the other and you cant be an Oba and still claim to be religious. You cant serve God and serve satan at the same time.

Some men claimed to be religious and by that, asked their wives to cover their faces while they keep their on face open to the public. Why cant he the Oba also wear the Hijab.

Toba ma je osa'ka je osa'ka, toba ma je oso'ko je oso'ko, which be Osa'ka Oso'ko.

When they say he is religious they don't or didn't mean he is a Christian.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by MosakuAW(m): 11:46am On Jan 31, 2016
sandracoopert:

When they say he is religious they don't or didn't mean he is a Christian.

Did you read my post very well? What part did i mention the Oba being a Xtain or Muslim?

By the look of things in the picture, he is a muslim and its only a devoted Muslim that allowed his wife to be on full hijab.

Next time read and digest people's comments before quoting them. Quoting is not part of the games you play on your mobile phone just like candy crush.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by johntaiwo123(m): 4:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by JingoOAU(m): 4:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
Religion and tradition....what a yeye mix

I guess he should be reminded dat d seat he's sitting on is a traditional seat and not a religious seat....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
MosakuAW:

It's 2016. Stop being so fucking ignorant.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Dannieln1: 4:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
Are those militants

3 Likes

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by waterhouse071(m): 4:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
that is not hijab but burqa

9 Likes

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Malakh: 4:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
this is really dumb, why bring them out in the first place if you dont want them to be seen

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by iornenge81(m): 4:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
I saw this on Facebook and I was like. is he not afraid?

2 Likes

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by cutetopsey(f): 4:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
shocked shocked

Like seriously?

Why the mix?

Infact, this is not only mix, but a remix instead.......Tradition and religion are two sided things. Dunno if its by force for the king to bring them along to the event...........Anyway, kabiyesi oooooo

You can now successfully get rid of excess body fats, check my signature for more details

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by sankky: 4:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
Why bring them out in the public at all ?

6 Likes

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by kennyman2000(m): 4:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
ohhh boy
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by UnknownT: 4:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
Immunity against Zika virus. grin
But on a serious note, na dis tin dat woman wear say she wan cum validate her MTN registration? shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by RedCapChief(m): 4:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
Dem chics don enter ghostmode grin

I respect the wishes of anybody to wear anything they like, but this burqa is scary. . .so damn scary. Can't they stay at home?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Ask4bigneyo(m): 4:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
ok..
BTW..

WAEC Result is OUT!!!
My Neighbor's son came to me few minutes ago. He got 4 E's and 3F's in WAEC. He said his mum told him to ask Me which school he should go.
I simply told him 'Sunday School'
I lie?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
HMMM NA WAO IN THIS CENTURY, THIS THINGS STILL HAPPENS, CHAI OBA CONTINUE O.
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by witorwitoutyou(m): 4:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
I don't knw when oda faiths will leave d Muslims alone and concentrate on deir own,
What is diff btw dis and nun...asyde d face alone bin left out angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by hertheytheydgee(m): 4:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
OP next time stay away from what does not concern you.

2 Likes

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Firefire(m): 4:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
Congrats!
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
This one is tall o
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event by Olarajee(m): 4:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
MosakuAW:

Some men claimed to be religious and by that, asked their wives to cover their faces while they keep their own face open to the public. Why cant he the Oba also wear the Hijab.

**** it's good to be informed o. If you don't know why not ask instead of sabinus.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Juju Real? / Some Nigerian Proverbs – In PIDGIN / Twitter Blocks Audrey Skhosana Who Exposes Her Breasts Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.