Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Wives Of Olowu Of Owu At A Function In Complete Hijab Sitting Next To Him - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Wives Of Olowu Of Owu At A Function In Complete Hijab Sitting Next To Him (1064 Views)

Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) / 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) / Wives Of Olowu Of Owu In Hijab, Sitting Next To Him At An Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wives Of Olowu Of Owu At A Function In Complete Hijab Sitting Next To Him by morereb10: 11:15am On Jan 31, 2016
I do not understand this Muslim tradition. I am not a Muslim though but please if you are, can you explain how hijab is a way of being loyal and faithful to your husband. Yes, cuz my Muslim friend said that is what it signifies.

Olowu of Owu Ile in Ejigbo local govt area of Osun State, Oba Muhammad Qozeem Rohji Adekunle Okikiola Ilufemiloye was pictured at a function with his wives totally covered in hijab. At 38, Oba Qozeem is the youngest and most religious Yoruba monarch.

I even heard that the origin of the convering of face (hijab) emanated from the old days wear Muslim started in the desert side and because of the wind and the dust, females as well as their counterpart wear asked to cover their faces. I got this jist from an article.

What is true about this? Muslim in da house, please explain.

more at http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/01/jijab-palava-wives-of-olowu-of-owu-at.html

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu At A Function In Complete Hijab Sitting Next To Him by madridguy(m): 11:19am On Jan 31, 2016
This is Extremism in Islam. I am a Muslim and I hate this ideology with passion. Islam teaches to dress decently and not like a masquerade.

1 Like

Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu At A Function In Complete Hijab Sitting Next To Him by noonwalker(m): 11:24am On Jan 31, 2016
God help us all
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu At A Function In Complete Hijab Sitting Next To Him by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 31, 2016
O Prophet, Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their outer garments about themselves (when they go out). That is better so that they may be recognised and not molested. And Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. [Al-Ahzaab, 33:59]

Abu Dawood narrates that `Aishah (RAA) said: "Asmaa' the daughter of Abu Bakr (RAA) came to see the Messenger of Allah (SAAWS) wearing a thin dress; so Allah's Messenger (SAAWS) turned away from her and said: O Asmaa', once a woman reaches the age of menstruation, no part of her body should be seen but this-and he pointed to his face and hands.

The word khumur (pl. of khimar) refers to a cloth which covers the head (including the ears), hair, neck and bosom. The esteemed mufaasir (Quranic interpreter) Al-Qurtubi explains: "Women in the past used to cover their heads with the khimar, throwing its ends over their backs. This left the neck and the upper part of the chest bare, in the manner of the Christians. Then Allah commanded them to cover those parts with the khimar."

Allah states further in this aayah:

...And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornments The women in the time of the Prophet (SAAWS) wore anklets which could be employed to attract attention by stamping their feet, thereby making the anklets tinkle. This practice is not only forbidden by Allah, but moreover, shows that the legs and ankles are to be covered as well. Some of the modern day Hanafi scholars are of the mistaken view that a woman can display her feet, a portion of her forearms and her ears; yet there is NO authentic proof from the practice of the Prophet (SAAWS) or his Sahabah to uphold such a view.

Amongst the authentic hadeeths which clarify this point is the following: Ibn `Umar (RAA) reported that the Messenger of Allah (SAAWS) said: On the Day of Resurrection, Allah will not look at the man who trails his garment along out of pride. Umm Salamah then asked: What should women do with (the hems of) their garments? He replied: Let them lower them a handspan. She said: Their feet would be exposed! He then said: Let them lower them a forearm's length but no more. [Reported by At-Tabarani-Sahih]
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu At A Function In Complete Hijab Sitting Next To Him by femifemo123: 11:29am On Jan 31, 2016
modafukas
Re: Wives Of Olowu Of Owu At A Function In Complete Hijab Sitting Next To Him by Junior66(m): 11:29am On Jan 31, 2016
If una hear say any Oba don join ISIS, no even think further, na this Oba e go be.

(1) (Reply)

Thread For Igbos / The Origin Of Igbo Land / Akure-benin War Of 1818

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.