Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible (27155 Views)

Prophets Speaks On Cause Of Ebony’s Death, She Went For Juju (video) / False Prophets And Teachers, Don't Be A Victim / Seven Nigerians Make List Of Top 20 World Richest Pastors [see List] (2) (3) (4)

Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by Charlesdock(m): 1:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
I so much respect Elijah and Elisha. And for you guys that are fond of criticizing. Whenever you see a christian post what you alway have in your heart is to criticize I hope God touches you soon like how he had done for me.

Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by firstking01(m): 1:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
[quote author=immortalvoices post=42487571]I was studying the Bible and I was awed by the ways and doings of the biblical prophet of old, lots of faiths and powers were on display

I do believe that they have set a standard for true and godly prophet of now these days.. So fellow nairalanders I compiled few top prophet and their ways

. I GIVE YOU THE TOP SEVEN MOST AWESOME PROPHETS OF THE BIBLE....

SAMUEL : Samuel lived in the presence of God all his life, in fact he was the only prophet in the Bible that God literally called. That is God like went into his room and called him(awesome right, I mean how many people can boast of that huh?) but the most awesome thing about Samuel is that he is also the only prophet in the Bible that God called in his childhood. SAMUEL was a child when God called him... Totally awesome!

MOSES : Moses was awesome. Let's forget the fact that he grew up in Egyptian court, was a prince, very smart, Led his people out of slavery, talked with God face to face (mega awesome), lifted his hand and the tide of battle changes, let's forget those awesome-hard-to-ignore facts, want to know what the most awesome thing about moses is? I will tell you..... Never in the history of human race has these two phrases "... Like a god to them" and "... The Most humble man in all the earth" been used to describe one person. Anybody who gets a taste of power becomes so prideful they literally begin to swell, but Moses(who his enemies see as a god) was humble and that is the very definition of awesomeness

ELISHA : The one thing that stands the prophet Elisha out is his boldness. The guy was bold, can you believe he walked into enemy camp and anoints an officer of the enemy king to be king while the enemy king who by the way is still very much alive and want to kill him was a few tents away drinking with his commanders . He rebuked a tyrant king of Isreal who is known for his cruelty to those that oppose him. Just when you think these moves were bold enough, he looked his master Elijah in the eyes, a man who had called down fire to consume evil prophets of baal, who summoned rain on a land devastated by drought for three years, who divided the Jordan river by merely touching it with his cloak, a man who didn't die but flew to heaven on a chariot of fire ; Elisha my man looked at such a person and said " master... I want double of what you got. " Double of Elijah's powers?! Tell me you don't think that's awesome and I will shoot you.

ISAIAH : Isaiah son of Amos deserves to be on this list because he was fearless, he commanded respect. Isaiah was more respected than the Kings he served.

Three things qualifies Isaiah for awesomeness :
* his dramatic calling where in his first vision he was taking up to heaven which he describes in detail(for those who want a picture of heaven look up Isaiah 6) in that vision an angel used a coal to touch his mouth through which he absorbed his sins (just like that no more sin, I want one) then he heard the voice of the LORD asking 'who shall I send? Who will go for us?' Isaiah replied ' hear I am, send me!'

* Isaiah also predicted very accurately I might add the birth of Jesus ( Isaiah 7 v 14, Matthew 1 v 23)

* And lastly he made the most wicked king in Israel's history king Manasseh ( a man who is known for sacrificing his own son to idols, somebody who God himself describes as a king whose sins surpasses that of both the former kings of Isreal and Judah combined together) to repent of his ways and turn to God. As a result one of the deepest prayers of forgiveness in the Bible was recorded.

JEREMIAH : If God said to me " before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, Before you were born I set you apart. I appoint you as a prophet to the nations, do not say ' I am too young' you must go to everyone I send you and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them for I am with you and I will rescue you ". Then touched my mouth and said to me" I have put my words in your mouth, see today I appoint you over the nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant ;get yourself ready : stand up and say whatever i command you. Do not be terrified by them or I will terrify you before them. Today I have made you a fortified city, a bronze wall an iron pillar to stand against the whole land, against kings, their officials, their priest and their people They will fight against you but will not...

Just to consolidate on your perfect post...

Joshua the son of nun who succeeded moses...he has the enfontery to command the son to stand still, and the son stood still...and the bible reckons in joshua 10 vs 12 that the sun stood still for a whole day and did not hasten to go down...and in verse 14, the bible said, and there was not a day that the lord hearkened unto the voice of a man...for the lord fought for israeL...

Godbless you op

Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by blackjack21(m): 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
Zenzu01:
The Greatest Prophet ever is Jesus Christ...
1. He did all what other prophets had done.
2. He also did what other prophets couldn't do
3. He is the only way to the Father.
4. He has the key of death with Him

He is just super.
How many likes for the King of kings

some people will disagree and say Jesus is god. undecided

Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by blackjack21(m): 1:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
themall:
How about prophet Aliyu:
Never heard of him.
Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by Zenzu01(m): 1:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
blackjack21:

some people will disagree and say Jesus is god.
Even you can't understand this aspect.
Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by wtfCode: 1:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
like moses

Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by gameboy727(m): 1:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
They were all great men. They all chilling in heaven right now. God help us we join them at the right time.
Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by kelechiug: 1:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
Josuah stopped the sun and the moon ....the only man that commanded God and God obeyed....a true prophet indeed

Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by dennisworld1(m): 1:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
were is John the baptist who predict the comming of Jesus Emeretus
Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by awesomeboi(m): 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2016
HAPPY SUNDAY TO YOU ALL to me i like samuel but i so much respect and fear daniel.
Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by Halleluyah54(m): 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2016
This are the men God use in those days. Oh Lord arise raise such prophet for us to heal our land.

Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by FuckTheMod: 1:54pm On Jan 31, 2016
immortalvoices:
I was studying the Bible and I was awed by the ways and doings of the biblical prophet of old, lots of faiths and powers were on display

I do believe that they have set a standard for true and godly prophet of now these days.. So fellow nairalanders I compiled few top prophet and their ways

. I GIVE YOU THE TOP SEVEN MOST AWESOME PROPHETS OF THE BIBLE....

SAMUEL : Samuel lived in the presence of God all his life, in fact he was the only prophet in the Bible that God literally called. That is God like went into his room and called him(awesome right, I mean how many people can boast of that huh?) but the most awesome thing about Samuel is that he is also the only prophet in the Bible that God called in his childhood. SAMUEL was a child when God called him... Totally awesome!

MOSES : Moses was awesome. Let's forget the fact that he grew up in Egyptian court, was a prince, very smart, Led his people out of slavery, talked with God face to face (mega awesome), lifted his hand and the tide of battle changes, let's forget those awesome-hard-to-ignore facts, want to know what the most awesome thing about moses is? I will tell you..... Never in the history of human race has these two phrases "... Like a god to them" and "... The Most humble man in all the earth" been used to describe one person. Anybody who gets a taste of power becomes so prideful they literally begin to swell, but Moses(who his enemies see as a god) was humble and that is the very definition of awesomeness

ELISHA : The one thing that stands the prophet Elisha out is his boldness. The guy was bold, can you believe he walked into enemy camp and anoints an officer of the enemy king to be king while the enemy king who by the way is still very much alive and want to kill him was a few tents away drinking with his commanders . He rebuked a tyrant king of Isreal who is known for his cruelty to those that oppose him. Just when you think these moves were bold enough, he looked his master Elijah in the eyes, a man who had called down fire to consume evil prophets of baal, who summoned rain on a land devastated by drought for three years, who divided the Jordan river by merely touching it with his cloak, a man who didn't die but flew to heaven on a chariot of fire ; Elisha my man looked at such a person and said " master... I want double of what you got. " Double of Elijah's powers?! Tell me you don't think that's awesome and I will shoot you.

ISAIAH : Isaiah son of Amos deserves to be on this list because he was fearless, he commanded respect. Isaiah was more respected than the Kings he served.

Three things qualifies Isaiah for awesomeness :
* his dramatic calling where in his first vision he was taking up to heaven which he describes in detail(for those who want a picture of heaven look up Isaiah 6) in that vision an angel used a coal to touch his mouth through which he absorbed his sins (just like that no more sin, I want one) then he heard the voice of the LORD asking 'who shall I send? Who will go for us?' Isaiah replied ' hear I am, send me!'

* Isaiah also predicted very accurately I might add the birth of Jesus ( Isaiah 7 v 14, Matthew 1 v 23)

* And lastly he made the most wicked king in Israel's history king Manasseh ( a man who is known for sacrificing his own son to idols, somebody who God himself describes as a king whose sins surpasses that of both the former kings of Isreal and Judah combined together) to repent of his ways and turn to God. As a result one of the deepest prayers of forgiveness in the Bible was recorded.

JEREMIAH : If God said to me " before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, Before you were born I set you apart. I appoint you as a prophet to the nations, do not say ' I am too young' you must go to everyone I send you and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them for I am with you and I will rescue you ". Then touched my mouth and said to me" I have put my words in your mouth, see today I appoint you over the nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant ;get yourself ready : stand up and say whatever i command you. Do not be terrified by them or I will terrify you before them. Today I have made you a fortified city, a bronze wall an iron pillar to stand against the whole land, against kings, their officials, their priest and their people They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you ". (Do you know what proud me I will do....?) I will call the presidents of all nations to come and bow down before me, I'll uproot those that will not, tear down anybody that challenges me, destroy any form of resistance and overthrow any government that's a threat . Then I will build a big castle for myself, plant a beautiful garden in front of it... Then I will have it written across the skies that I am the king of the world but Jeremiah is not me so instead he humbled himself before kings, their officials and the priests and their people. He offered advice to kings,prophesied to the nations, led the priests in praise and worship even when they threw him in a well, he still begged God not to destroy them and pleaded with them to change their ways. And that was awesome.

ELIJAH : "the power of the LORD came on Elijah and tucking his cloak into his belt he 'ran' ahead of Ahab all the way to Jezreel" (1 kings 18 v 46). Now the Ahab in question was 'riding' to Jezreel on his royal chariot (chariots were the fastest means of transportation in ancient times) The speed of a chariot depends on the number of horses attached to it. A normal chariot has two horses attached to it and it's speed(on a free way) is equivalent to that of a sports car doing 350 mph. Now a royal chariot consists of a minimum of six horses attached to its chariot (no need to tell you the speed at which such a chariot would be moving) yet Elijah "ran ahead of " it to its destination (super speed baby, super speed! )
Elijah had super speed and that's him on a boring Thursday.

Here's what he does on busy week days: commanding the skies to withhold the rain until he says otherwise, calling down fire on two separate captains and their fifty men, getting fed by Ravens day and night (doesn't have to cook), blessing a poor widow abundantly and while he was at it, raising the dead son of the said widow back to life. Then at weekends : he challenges 450 prophets prophets of baal to a contest, calls down fire (yeah he's got a thing for fire) from heaven to consume slaughtered Bulls that's drenched in water, hangs out occasionally with God himself on mountains. He's so Cool and awesome that he didn't die but went to heaven alive in style (on a chariot of fire).

DANIEL : Daniel was very smart, very wise, could see visions and interpret it, he even ate his vegetables, Daniel was so awesome that he told a king " your days are numbered; you're going to die" and he was rewarded for it by that king by making him second in command over the whole Babylonian empire. Daniel was friends with every king that came to power in his lifetime; they look at him and they get like 'man you're awesome, come work for me and am not taking no for an answer'. But what made Daniel a part of this list was his awesome unwavering faith in God he displayed when his friend king Darius forcefully (yea I know long story) made a decree that no one for the next 30 days should pray to any god but himself king Darius.

Now if I was Daniel I be like 'God please just 30 days, forgive me I promise after the 30 days I'll pray to you more than I would have done in those days; I don't want this man to kill me'. But Daniel didn't do that, he prayed seven times a day and that did not change when he heard the decree ... Even when he was thrown in with the Lions he still prayed to point where Rocky one of the Lions in the den told him "boss c' mon you know we ain't gonna eat you... You too awesome for that shii , God has shut our mouths. But don't worry come the morn' you gonna be free and the muh'fuckers who put you here will be our breakfast" . And so it was, Daniel was released and the bad guys were eaten. Mr D was one of the few people that predicted the end times. all in all Daniel was awesome

Written and compiled by immortalvoices

please help me get to a wider audience this Sunday.. Thanks so much.
Nice story....

Where can I shave please cheesy
Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by cally3D(m): 2:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
Elijah all the way! Hit 'like' if you concur!

Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by FuckTheMod: 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2016
Zenzu01:

He is just super.
Jesus' case is different o
Coz according to YOUR bible, we sinned against God god and he was very angry with us angry
So,
HE HAS TO SEND HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON (GOD) TO COME AND DIE (BE KILLED in cold blood by humans that god is angry with) SO THAT GOD CAN BE PLEASED WITH US AFTER THE MURDER OF HIS BEGOTTEN SON (GOD). AND NOT SURPRISINGLY, GOD PLANED EVERYTHING WITH GOD TO BE KILLED...

NICE STORY cheesy

Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by pasol4real(m): 2:06pm On Jan 31, 2016
digoster:
No pictures? OP
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
No be only pictures na video.
Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by Toks2008(m): 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
e DON TEY WEY SUPERMEN DON DEY.

Jehovah is awesome
Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by birmingham04: 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
Zenzu01:

He is just super.
Our Lord Jesus is not prophet he is Messiah son of God. The Alpha and Omega the beginning and the end.

Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by FRANKOXY(m): 2:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
Blessed be the poster wink.

Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by Nairadays: 2:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
Respect and love to them all!!

But em:

Daddy Isaiah twale oo; prophet who told the name of coming Messiah and the method of his entry thousands of years before Christ - respect. Isaiah 7:14

Elijah baba twale sir but hmmmm; chariots coming down from heaven to translate a mortal; these levels pass me; true man of God. I dey hail oo. 2 Kings 2 v 2 -6

Elisha twale too; he can see and hear things happening from afar even inside the king of syria's room ("but Elisha, the prophet who is in Israel, tells the king of Israel the very words you speak in your bedroom."wink and even when gehazi went for the coins. "Wasn't my spirit there when the man got down from his chariot to meet you? " 2 Kings 6 v 12

Papa Daniel greetings sir; even the kings decree couldn't stop you from serving God; evident by God sending angels to stop the mouth of the lions. Daniel 6:22 and also seeing visions of the Lord Jesus coming with the clouds and been brought to the Ancient of Days. Daniel 7:13

Prophet Jeremy - the weeping prophet based on his wish to have a "fountain of tears" with which he might weep for the slain of his own people (Jeremiah 9:1). It is this trait of deep empathy for those he continually chastises that differentiates him from others of his prophetic brothers and sisters. Respect Sir.

Ezekiel - ahh the visions of the Lord on his throne and the cherubims and the wheel of faces and fire and lion and eagle and the valley of dry bones. Ezk 1 v 1-28 "As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake." twale baba.

Moses: Seeing the back of God and having a feel of his Goodness "And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy." Exodus 33:19 . Also "And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen." Exodus 33:22-23 twale sir.

Sincerly these men of God really motivate me, especially Elijah's translation. For you to be so recognised by heaven that a chariot of fire was sent down really means a lot. I don't know if we can still have such men in this generation?

I also love Jonah mostly because of the Accounts in the Book of Jonah.

Shalom Brothers.

Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by BreezyRita(f): 2:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
Hmmm! Nice job here immortalvoices. God bless you!

They were all great in their capacity. But I'm awed by Moses. He was so humble! Even God testified of his humility. If anyone was to ever see God's face, would have been Moses. He was great.
But I'm great too. grin

Dottore, we did not have these kinda prophets even in the time when Jesus walked the earth.
Yes, we still have prophets from God. And yes, we do have fake prophets.
But then, that the Word of God should come to pass, all these must be. Economic failure, deception, suffering, war, death.
But the redeemed should not lose their joy. I can't. You shouldn't either. There's an end and our expectations shall not be cut off.
Be blessed.

BTW, happy Sunday!

Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by buoye1(m): 2:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
Complete and perfect for me
Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by agoadiv(m): 2:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
Adasun:
where is Ezekielda prophet who his bones after death stil do wanders by raising the dead who touch it [bones]to life

chisosshocked who has been teaching u in ur sunday school ??

it wasn't ezekiel, twas Elisha
Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by Angelovic96: 2:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
this writeup is very awesome and also good for evangelizim nice one bro
Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by agoadiv(m): 2:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
FRANKOXY:
Blessed be the poster wink.
Amen
Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by donephi(m): 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
blackjack21:

some people will disagree and say Jesus is god. undecided

Who is he if his not God?
Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by Kangol99(m): 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
PROPHET Are God's Gift To Change Our Life! Have You Found Your Own Prophet??
Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by noblegrex: 2:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
And who's prophet Immortalvoice.can't he be somewhere in the list....
Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by noblegrex: 2:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
agoadiv:

chisosshocked who has been teaching u in ur sunday school ??

it wasn't ezekiel, twas Elisha
idiot.what is CHISOS.fool
Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by Faith111: 2:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
Wow! Great!! Really strengthened my faith and reassures me that i've got a God who makes impossibilies possible. ..
Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by lysim: 2:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nice one op. God bless you.
Re: Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible by Nairadays: 2:54pm On Jan 31, 2016
noblegrex:
idiot.what is CHISOS.fool

Aha, it hadn't gotten to that. Correct him. Galatians 6:1 "Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted."

What You Must Do Before Getting Married / Mike Bamiloye: Witchcraft Made Me Go Into Production Of Christian Movies / Reason Why Our Prayer Is Not Being Answer And The Solution!!! Pleased Read

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94