Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Bme 4: How Skilled Are You At Your Work? (part 2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bme 4: How Skilled Are You At Your Work? (part 2) (274 Views)

Is Your Work For God As Important As Your Relationship With God / Your WORK Is To Enter His Rest - Joseph Prince / Bme 3: How Skilled Are You At your work? (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bme 4: How Skilled Are You At Your Work? (part 2) by mohemos: 1:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
But someone will say “You have faith and I have work.” Show me your faith without your work, and I will show you my faith by my work. (James 2:18).

Is high time we Christians expose ourselves to the truth, God can never bless you without a work, not just working but being diligent and serious at your work. If an unbeliever is working more than you do, He or She will surely excel than you. But if you work as much as an unbeliever and always acknowledge God at your work, you will surely excel more than those unbelievers even if you are doing the same work. The only advantage we have over unbelievers is the blessing of the God. “Commit your works to the Lord and your thoughts will be established “(Prov. 16:3).

We work and yield the result of our works with an added bonus from God (The bonus that is higher than the result of the work done), Unbelievers only receive the result of their works without any bonus.
That’s way James 1:18 says “I will show you my faith by my work” i.e. even if you are doing the same work (or as a student reading the same note) your result will always be better than any unbeliever’s.

“The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing; But the soul of the diligent shall be made rich” (Prov. 13:4). Abandoning your work and embarking on prayers (Night vigil, Church activities etc.) is an act of laziness and you will never get anything good out of it.

In conclusion, “Wealth gained by dishonesty will be diminished, But he who gathers by labor will increase” (Prov. 13:11).
As a Christian what type of work do you do? Never expect God’s blessing if there is any atom of sin in your works. Any sinful work is an abomination to God and can never be blessed by Him. Any work that entails lying, stealing, deceit, fraud, prostitution, bribery etc. can never be blessed by God and will crumble.
“He who is greedy for gain troubles his own house, but he who hates bribes will live.” (Prov. 15:27)
“The blessings of the Lord makes one rich and He adds no sorrow with it.” (Prov. 10:22)

I love you that's why I forwarded this to you, do the same to people you love.

(1) (Reply)

Blessed In The Field / What God Cares About! / The Leverage Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.