Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,380 members, 7,800,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? (3214 Views)

She Is Too Shy To Initiate Lovemaking With Her Husband / Marriage Of Zimbabwean Woman Who Had Unprotected Sex With A Bizman Crashes / 15 Lies All Nigerian Parents Tell Their Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by octopusfreaky(f): 1:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
This trend of "unprotected" sex among teenagers will continue till the world comes to end.I get apprehensive when i see teenagers put in the family way.At times, i just wonder the kinda relationship between moms and their daughter in this 21st century. As a mom your daughter sexuality is paramount and should not be neglected. Once she reaches the puberty stage ,,i mean when she starts menstruating always keep an eye on her. Teach them everything you know about sex as regards safe period, cds and other safe practices, dont assume she knows them already teach them oooo.
Also, make sure you know who she is dating just incase unwanted pregnancy comes up so you would know what to do. Most importantly, please give your daughters listening ears, let her feel free to tell you ''Mom, i just had unprotected sex,,what should i do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by falcon01: 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
mcheew

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by kristen12(f): 1:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
This is Nigeria, things don't work like that around here.
Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by wtfCode: 1:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
in africa is not done that way.
say such a thing to ur parents and u'll be disowned
Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
The girl may be afraid of being marked a bad, stupid and foolish. I mean how can a mother expect her child to be responsible when whenever this kind of case arises all they do is blast insults on her. Mothers should try and fit into this our 21st century abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by octopusfreaky(f): 1:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
wtfCode:
in africa is not done that way.
say such a thing to ur parents and u'll be disowned
ohhhh really,,but when the pregnancy becomes visible she gets appluaded abi

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by octopusfreaky(f): 1:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
ILoveMakonen:
The girl may be afraid of being marked a bad, stupid and foolish. I mean how can a mother expect her child to be responsible when whenever this kind of case arises all they do is blast insults on her. Mothers should try and fit into this our 21st century abeg.
Abi ooo, when the chips are down the mother would be saying why did you wait for so long before you told me ds...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
I plan to raise godly children.
smiley

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by octopusfreaky(f): 1:52pm On Jan 31, 2016
Gaborone:

smiley
lol,God see us through but still do needful by advicing them and moving closer to your "teen" daughter coz the world is getting messier...

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by wtfCode: 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
octopusfreaky:
ohhhh really,,but when the pregnancy becomes visible she gets appluaded abi
others that dont get pregnant, are they having 2 heads?
all u gotta do is teach her sex education;what could cause pregnancy,std's and blah blah.
if she likes let her allow the whole niggas in the hood to man handle her...who cares
Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by vicraven(m): 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
wait, you mean parents should in other words advice their children in having premarital sex??
what is nigeria turning into??
yes,there should be sex education,but not condoms n safe period, but about Gods view and dangers of premarital sex.
train your child in the way he shld grow biatch.
forgive me,but u are very stewpid.
one bottle of lassa for this idiat pls

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by octopusfreaky(f): 2:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
wtfCode:

others that dont get pregnant, are they having 2 heads?
all u gotta do is teach her sex education;what could cause pregnancy,std's and blah blah.
if she likes let her allow the whole niggas in the hood to man handle her...who cares
undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by octopusfreaky(f): 2:05pm On Jan 31, 2016
vicraven:
wait, you mean parents should in other words advice their children in having premarital sex??
what is nigeria turning into??
yes,there should be sex education,but not condoms n safe period, but about Gods view and dangers of premarital sex.
train your child in the way he shld grow biatch.
forgive me,but u are very stewpid.
one bottle of lassa for this idiat pls
i am not preaching PMS ,,all im saying is that mothers should move closer to their daughter..gats no time for e-curses.i dont do such .JAH bless..

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by vicraven(m): 2:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
octopusfreaky:
i am so sorry for being this stupid,,im going to church right now to ask God for forgiveness...thanks for slapping sense into my head,God bless

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by octopusfreaky(f): 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
[quote author=vicraven post=42491874][/quote]lol,,Go and curse no more..ciaoooo
Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by Nelsizzy(m): 2:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
Did you tell ur mum wen u had sex ?
Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by asadike(f): 2:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
What happened to training your kids d godly way?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by edwife(f): 4:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
Because African mothers be like

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by Faith111: 5:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
Sex is sacred...Between a Man (Adam) and his wife a Woman(Eve)...
Whenever man tries to do otherwise, the end result is always shameful as seen in the case of Daina...
When girls have sex their reward is usually a bowed Head...
Since My Daughter's head must be raised Wife and Mother, I'd rather teach her the fear of the Lord which is the beginning of Wisdom rather than the way that leads to Shame, Reproach and Babymamarism...
It's shameful for any other guy to tell the colour of my Daughter's Clitoris aside her Hubby...
May God grant you the desires of ur Heart and Grant Me the desire of seeing My Daughter walk up to the Alter taking her vow as a Virgin to a Responsible Godfearing Man and being the Mother to Godly Children...Amen

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 01, 2016
Gaborone:

smiley
I plan to raise ungodly children with morals and exposure that would eventually outsmart your godly children.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 01, 2016
aaronson:
I plan to raise ungodly children with morals and exposure that would eventually outsmart your godly children.

Happy for you, but your plans remain none of my business.

smiley

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 01, 2016
octopusfreaky:
lol,God see us through but still do needful by advicing them and moving closer to your "teen" daughter coz the world is getting messier...

Amen; God see us through.

Raising them in a godly way isn't antithetical to getting close to them though. And then, getting close to them isn't synonymous with teaching them how to wear a condom. Thanks all the same.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by lilmax(m): 9:08am On Feb 01, 2016
Mom i just had unprotected sex what should i do? gringrin

My wife will raise my daughter the nigerian way cool

Thats all i have to say and you know the meaning of that
Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 01, 2016
Gaborone:

Happy for you, but your plans remain none of my business.

smiley
We gon see how the happiness gon last in the future when our kids put out what they was been taught by us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by poshestmina(f): 2:47am On Feb 02, 2016
In Nigeria? sad
As big as I am, I can't comfortably receive my boyfriend's call in my mum's presence

Educating kids about sex is the best you can do here

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by octopusfreaky(f): 8:30am On Feb 02, 2016
poshestmina:
In Nigeria? sad
As big as I am, I can't comfortably receive my boyfriend's call in my mum's presence

Educating kids about sex is the best you can do here
Same here and it is very bad I just wonder how some overlook sensitive issues like this.Please mothers learn to show to extralove and attention to children.Tease them and allow them to feel frree with you..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by Elxandre(m): 11:04pm On Feb 06, 2016
You are so deluded to think most American teenagers can come up to their mums and say "I had unprotected sexx".

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by octopusfreaky(f): 6:34am On Feb 07, 2016
Elxandre:
You are so deluded to think most American teenagers can come up to their mums and say "I had unprotected sexx".
hehehehe,im speaking for my country cox ionno about other countries.. Okay

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by Elxandre(m): 7:46am On Feb 07, 2016
octopusfreaky:
hehehehe,im speaking for my country cox ionno about other countries.. Okay
What country is that?
Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by EfemenaXY: 11:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
It should work both ways. Boys also need to be taught about safe sex too.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
octopusfreaky:
This trend of "unprotected" sex among teenagers will continue till the world comes to end.I get apprehensive when i see teenagers put in the family way.At times, i just wonder the kinda relationship between moms and their daughter in this 21st century. As a mom your daughter sexuality is paramount and should not be neglected. Once she reaches the puberty stage ,,i mean when she starts menstruating always keep an eye on her. Teach them everything you know about sex as regards safe period, cds and other safe practices, dont assume she knows them already teach them oooo.
Also, make sure you know who she is dating just incase unwanted pregnancy comes up so you would know what to do. Most importantly, please give your daughters listening ears, let her feel free to tell you ''Mom, i just had unprotected sex,,what should i do?
Hope u didnt quarrel with ur village pple.
Re: Why Are Some Girls Shy To Tell Their Mum They Had Unprotected Sex? by Ginaz(f): 11:43am On Mar 24, 2016
some girls are lucky some of their parents taught them sex education. mine didn't tell me anything at all, not even about menstruation. when I started seeing my period luckily for me we were already taught in sch.

I told her and what she said was "no sleep with man o" lol. that was the advise I got. anyway, I told her about my first boyfriend at the age of 17. then I was through with my secondary school preparing for my waec. I try my best to fit my mother into my life I tell her everything instead of the other way round.

children should try to tell their parents personal stuff no matter how embarrassing if they can. it will make your parents trust you and look at you as very mature. my mother is the only one I have, if I dont tell her things, who will?

I will try my best for my children o, I will teach them all they need to know about sex.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Dumps Husband Of 5 Years After He Saved Mother Instead Of Her During Flood / 11 Nigerian Celebrities Who Died During Childbirth, We Pray Their Souls Rest On / Three Most Important Things To Know About Your Spouse Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.