Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,022 members, 7,799,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija (15536 Views)

Different Kinds Of People You Will Meet In Nigerian Churches (Meme Collection) / Police Officers Storm "Noisy" Nigerian Church In Detroit USA, Dance With Members / Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by Buzzboy(m): 3:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
I have been observing people in my church for a long time and I have made a list of the various kinds of people you find in a typical Nigerian church.

1. The first set of people are called the Bible Scholars. They are always very serious, writing everything the pastor says, and nodding their head every now and then. I was shocked to see a brother by my side today writing everything the pastor said including the "praise the lord", "amen" e.t.c they are always waving their hands and shouting yess at any little thing the pastor says.

2. The second set of people are called the talkers. All they do is to talk. Sometimes I wonder if there is pepper in their mouth as they just talk and laugh loudly. They wouldnt even hide it as they talk loudly and laugh carelessly. Sometimes it takes the intervention of the ushers to separate the two talkatives or group chatters. Once, a pastor on the altar shouted "Shut Up" on a girl from the
congregation out of reflex action due to her endless talking...

3. The Sleepers
this set of people sleep through out the service. They can be found at vintage points near the fans or a.c. They would then bow their heads and sleep off and when the ushers wake them up, they would insist that they were only sleeping, there was one minister that layed down on the floor all in the name of praying with anointing and he went to chibok from there...

4. Walkers
This set of people can walk from lagos to port harcourt. All they do is to go in and out of the church. They cant sit down comfort ably for 5 minutes. They always have something to do either to change money for offering or to buy tom tom and baba blue. You would hear them saying words like, sorry, pls excuse me, get your bag out of the way e.t.c. An elder in my church had to slap one brother like that because he was always going in and out, disturbing the woman. ..

5. The Eaters
People that belong to this group are fond of eating. Their mouth is always closed but moving rapidly. I could not beleive my eyes last wheek when I saw a woman, a choir member for that matter eating corn at the front row during service sshe brought differnt items from her bag like corn, plantain, e.t.c and was eating it stupidly to the amazement of the church members, the pastors wife had to seize her bags...

6. Frosh Kidz
this people come to church with a lo t of pride. They dress as if they are going to see Buhari. They also apply a lot of heavy make up (for girls). They dress extravagantly with all the latest dress or clothes reigning even though they don't have money. They would now start forming british accent. They wear all type of jwellry, head chain , neck chain, hand chain, waist chain, leg chain e.t.c. They usually come very late for notice me purpose holding their heads high and holding the latest technological gadgets in their hands as they catwalk to their seat hoping to impress that boy/girl they have been crushing on....
Which one do you belong to?
Feel free to add yours...

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by Mario1989(m): 3:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
Ok
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by looseweight: 6:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
You tried Original poster

Loose your excess body fat within the shortest period using Nafdac approved therapy. Check my profile for more information
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by swhiss: 6:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
7. The Chargers: Hardly will you go to any church without finding Them. They will rather carry their charger than the bible. Their aim of going to church is to charge, simple.

8.The Sturborn People: It is their nature. They are always seen arguing with the urshers. "Sir/Ma sit down here." they will be like "No way, i am sitting under the fan there."

13 Likes

Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by XXLDICK(m): 6:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
And you missed my type of person.

The Observers: we observe the lies the pastor dishes out to his gullible followers, and we observe the beautiful girls too grin

14 Likes

Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by cutetopsey(f): 6:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
undecided lipsrsealed

You can now successfully get rid of excess body fats through then use of natural products, check my signature for more details....
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by DONLENIN123: 6:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
You forgot to mention the Aladuras.... This set, any time it's prayer section they will just be agile, shouting Ugandan, spitting on people and walking the whole church sphere in prayers....

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
just like the posters above me said....
OK
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by Habayomie(m): 6:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
Pastors-how to exort more money from worshippers.
God please forgive me if I av sinned though I av not touch ur annoited.
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
Those sect of people looking for flaws to say this church is fake. They will tell u all Yoruba churches are fake and there is no good church. They know their selves. They will only want to get a mistake prophecy or anything and say that pastor is fake. Their also another type of people.
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by fbtowner(m): 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
Did this poo made FP?
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by Treash(m): 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
The disobedients to Usher: He is always looking for where ladies sit to secure biurifool access to take numbr.He changes seat location d following sunday... E.g the posters above and below me.
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
the sleeper and phone operato

1 Like

Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by kristen12(f): 6:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
The people that sing everytime e.g. during preaching and prayers

People that chew gum loudly throughout the service

1 Like

Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
Well, the list is not complete and funny as it should be.
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by PAnaceA7(m): 6:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
I can't count the numba of times have seen dis topic.

1 Like

Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by kobonaire(m): 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
I'll take those 6 any day over the 6 you will find in a Boko haram mosque ....
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by Richy4(m): 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
Op what kind of church do you attend that members eat plantain and corn biko

6 Likes

Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by Daniel058(m): 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2016
OMELEME!!
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by adedam007(m): 6:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
Ty
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by Janiobi(m): 6:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
So nah watin yu go church dey do?
Notice Me
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by Mattew690(m): 6:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
Some one like me

NA BABE I DEY LOOK 4

I don go different church and have seen different babez
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by Medunah: 6:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
7) People like the Op that go to church just to observe other people actions

1 Like

Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
7. The Spies:
this set of people are from other churches. They come to your church to learn more about your doctrine so that they can use it against your church in their publications. grin

8. The philosophers :
this set of people don't really believe in God, they go to church to get recent updates of happenings in the church. They marvel at the gullibility of the congregation. grin

5 Likes

Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by moscobabs(m): 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
The observer - this are people that don't mind their business like the op.

my grandpa is now 106yrs old

me: grandpa what did u do that makes u old like this?

Grandpa: I used to mind my biz when I was young
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by obyno1011(m): 6:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
The one that surprise me most are those who wear sun shades, and will not even smile during praise or worship time.

1 Like

Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by Zenzu01(m): 6:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
I belong to the group that go to church with the mindset of receiving the blessings of the service from God...

And I mind my business throughout the service.
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
I belong to the first set
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by mrtantalizers(m): 6:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
Thank God im on fp today, i go say my mind. I av always wondered y pple esp uths here always insult d president. Before u come for my head, i neither support pdp nor apc but i feel and know its wrong. How on earth will sb say d president of d greatest black nation is a dullard? Can u say dat to ur father? I welcome constructive criticisms but not insult. Many of us just misuse d power of social media and instead of discussing issues dat will move our nation forward, we trade insults here. I think its is bad. We should not insult our leaders whether in d oppositn or d ruling party. I av never read or seen obama being insulted like our president on d internet. Is insulting and abusing d president d solutn? Even if he does not know as much as u, pls respect him for being our president.

2 Likes

Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by henryhemon(m): 7:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
Buhahaha cheesy grin wink cheesy Nigerians are the best very wonderful and happy people. I have been rolling I the floor.
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by dtg564s: 7:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
funny
Re: The Six Kinds Of People You Will Find In A Church In Naija by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
The hyper-active. just like me. my yansh no dey stay one place. its either i wan buy tomtom or drink kunu. or i wan piss. or i wan go talk to d bros wey dey outside. or i dy find charging point. or i dy dance to n fro for that girl to notice me. God wil help me.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do People Get Scared Of Ember Months / My Encounter With A Woman Of God, Prophetic Still Works / Prophet Fufeyin To Mathias Ezeaku: I Have Forgiven You (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.