Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

How To Make Wholemeal Italian Flat Bread (focaccia) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Wholemeal Italian Flat Bread (focaccia) (1110 Views)

Italian Pastry Chef Creates Miniature Worlds With Desserts. Photos! / Bread Prices Rise 25 Percent On Input Cost / Look At What I Saw On The Bread I Bought (graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Wholemeal Italian Flat Bread (focaccia) by marylandcakes: 4:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
2cups plain flour
3/4 cup wholemeal flour
1/4 cup semolina
I packet dry active yeast
I cup warm water
1/4 cup olive oil
Rosemary herb
Sea salt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH6-d7bTRDQ
Re: How To Make Wholemeal Italian Flat Bread (focaccia) by marylandcakes: 5:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
Into a mixing bowl add water and yeast and stir
Then add salt,oil and rosemary
Add semolina mix together
Then add rest of flour
Re: How To Make Wholemeal Italian Flat Bread (focaccia) by marylandcakes: 5:04pm On Jan 31, 2016
Continue to knead until dough is smooth,

Then gradually add more oil and knead more until dough is soft and smooth.

Cover bowl with foil and leave in a warm place for about an hour to rise.
Re: How To Make Wholemeal Italian Flat Bread (focaccia) by marylandcakes: 5:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
Once dough has doubled in size, turn onto tray and spread out

Use your fingers to poke holes and brush with oil and more Rosemary

Then leave for another 20 mins before baking in oven at 180 C for about 25 mins until golden brown.
Re: How To Make Wholemeal Italian Flat Bread (focaccia) by marylandcakes: 5:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
Once it's cooked sprinkle with more oil and sea salt and leave to rest for about 5mins before serving.
Re: How To Make Wholemeal Italian Flat Bread (focaccia) by marylandcakes: 8:06pm On Jan 31, 2016
You do not need an electric mixer to bake this bread. You can knead with your bare hands and achieve same if not better results.
Re: How To Make Wholemeal Italian Flat Bread (focaccia) by Rubyventures: 1:28pm On Feb 01, 2016
I love this bread , very good for salad, you do not need butter because of the olive oil.
Re: How To Make Wholemeal Italian Flat Bread (focaccia) by marylandcakes: 5:14pm On Feb 02, 2016
Rubyventures:
I love this bread , very good for salad, you do not need butter because of the olive oil.

Very true
Re: How To Make Wholemeal Italian Flat Bread (focaccia) by Rubyventures: 12:47pm On Feb 03, 2016
marylandcakes:

Very true

grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Bakers Forum: Advertise Your Cakes Here / Hollandia Evap Satisfies Consumers’ Need For An All-rounder Milk / Xmas 10k Pacakge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.