Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,515 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Sack Farming From Start - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Sack Farming From Start (48393 Views)

Sack Farming : Diary Of My Mix Crop Sack Farm / Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. / "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 1:32am On Mar 04, 2016
vanpeele:
I'm very proud of you men....You broke my record hands down...breaking even with profit after 58 days no be beans....It's time to scale...

#SackFarm
#SackTeam
#1stGeneration
thanks man.that is for sure.can you hear guys its time to scale.like to have more generations coming up.
Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 1:34am On Mar 04, 2016
samoy:
Op pls, how do I get d darina seed and wats d start up cost?
well i got mine from a shop down here in kaduna?where do u base?
Re: Sack Farming From Start by Patini147(m): 1:35am On Mar 04, 2016
ishaqteejay:
they are 5 weeks now And they just start putting on tendrils so that they can climb on the strings.we.tested 4 and it was fine, I am even looking up to see whether 6 and 8 will be successful

How many stands per sack and how often do yu water it?
Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 1:46am On Mar 04, 2016
Patini147:

Does sack drain properly when watered and what type of pesticide do yu use?
yeah it does especially when it is a loamy soil in the sack,well there is lots of good and less effective or dangerous pesticide in the market and some pesticides are mostly good on a particular vegetables, so i think you have to know what kind of plant or rather pest you are fighting against. but surely fighter 32 ec is good for killing pest and does not affect the plant. for more info refer to vanpeele
Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 1:55am On Mar 04, 2016
Patini147:

How many stands per sack and how often do yu water it?
stands? you can water once a day from the day of sowing to when the will start flowering,then you can water them twice a day for better yield and fast growth. if you mean how many plant pn a sack ?well my test was a success only that 6 and 8 strive for more water and nutrient, does not grow well like 4 plant.okay let me say 4 will be okay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sack Farming From Start by lilreese: 3:40am On Mar 04, 2016
any tutorials on how to ??
Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 3:50am On Mar 04, 2016
lilreese:
any tutorials on how to ??
Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 4:39am On Mar 04, 2016
Scholar8200:
Very nice one Op. Would you mind giving us a list of start-up costs?
okay let us do it this way
sack farming materials and cost analysis

1. sack =#80 per dozen
2. soil(black soil,cow dump,top soil)@ ratio 3:1:1 price and quantity may varues,so no price,
3. seed =any high yielding hybrid variety is highly recommended = #4900 -#6500 depending on the state, company etc
4. fertilizer = apply every 5 days or 1 week. or check fertilizer application for a particular plant and the type of fertilizer needed for the plant.=#5000(npk 15:15:15 25kg)
5. pesticide= fighter 32 ec is good for killing pest, check for the types of plant to apply to and check manuals on how to apply. =#900(500ml)

*The sack should be fill half with the soil mixture
* 1 to 2 table spoon of npk
*sack should washed properly
*proper row spacing should be done
*string your cukes early with strong wood and ropes

please it is always good to follow the thread well before asking questions to avoid asking answered or similar questions, will add more later if i miss some points.thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sack Farming From Start by lilreese: 4:57am On Mar 04, 2016
ishaqteejay:

step by step to start the vertical farming

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sack Farming From Start by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 04, 2016
ishaqteejay:

1. sack =#80 per dozen
2. soil(black soil,cow dump,top soil)@ ratio 3:1:1 price and quantity may varues,so no price,
3. seed =any high yielding hybrid variety is highly recommended = #4900 -#6500 depending on the state, company etc
4. fertilizer = apply every 5 days or 1 week. or check fertilizer application for a particular plant and the type of fertilizer needed for the plant.=#5000(npk 15:15:15 25kg)
5. pesticide= fighter 32 ec is good for killing pest, check for the types of plant to apply to and check manuals on how to apply. =#900(500ml)

please it is always good to follow the thread well before asking questions to avoid asking answered or similar questions, will add more later if i miss some points.thanks

How many plants do you have per sack?
Re: Sack Farming From Start by TCF1980(m): 7:08am On Mar 04, 2016
Thank you so much for this lessons. Nairaland has indeed been a blessing to Nigerians that knows and understands what they want. I lost my job (oil and gas) in 2014 and it was what next to do to see my family through. Through Nairaland, I learnt mini importation business and was able to put food on the table and pay my child' school expenses till exchange rate threw me out of business. I started soap production (liquid) through Nairaland and intend going into bar soap commercial production as well. Now, you guys have inspired me and I will be going into agriculture. May God continue to bless you guys and use us to turn Nigeria around to an export dependent nation in no distant time.

ishaqteejay:

1. sack =#80 per dozen

Re: Sack Farming From Start by TCF1980(m): 7:12am On Mar 04, 2016
Please all, what is the best tomato and pumpkin variety seedlings to plant for higher/healthy yield, best fertilizer and pesticide for them and where they can be gotten in Lagos. I want to go into sack farming for tomato and pumpkin in my compound first for trial. I will highly appreciate your guidance as I take this bold step under you guys.

Thanks.
Re: Sack Farming From Start by thuao(m): 8:08am On Mar 04, 2016
Can cucumber , tomato n pumpkin survive in southwest, Ibadan to be precise, m thinking trying this sack farming.
thanks
Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 9:14am On Mar 04, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

How many plants do you have per sack?
4 will be okay

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 10:11am On Mar 04, 2016
thuao:
Can cucumber , tomato n pumpkin survive in southwest, Ibadan to be precise, m thinking trying this sack farming.
thanks
Tomato requires a relatively cool, dry climate for high yield and premium
quality. However, it is adapted to a wide range of climatic conditions
from temperate to hot and humid tropical. The optimum temperature
for most varieties lies between 21 and 24 °C. The plants can
survive a range of temperatures, but the plant tissues are damaged below
10 °C and above 38 °C.Tomato grows well on most mineral soils that have proper water holding
capacity and aeration, and are free of salt. It prefers deep, welldrained,
sandy loam soils. The upper layer needs to be permeable. Soil
depth of 15 to 20 cm is needed to grow a healthy crop. In heavy clay
soils, deep ploughing allows better root penetration. so check your climate condition and soil type. but sack will do the trick if the weather in your place is as they said.

1 Like

Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 10:19am On Mar 04, 2016
TCF1980:
Please all, what is the best tomato and pumpkin variety seedlings to plant for higher/healthy yield, best fertilizer and pesticide for them and where they can be gotten in Lagos. I want to go into sack farming for tomato and pumpkin in my compound first for trial. I will highly appreciate your guidance as I take this bold step under you guys.

Thanks.
please check www.agriseedgh.com after reading thier brochure you will know which one you need.then visit any tecnisem shop in lagos
Re: Sack Farming From Start by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 04, 2016
ishaqteejay:
4 will be okay
I will update when I start one. I will be using the cucumber marketmore specie

1 Like

Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 12:52pm On Mar 04, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

I will update when I start one. I will be using the cucumber marketmore specie
nice one bro
Re: Sack Farming From Start by Azaw(m): 5:04pm On Mar 04, 2016
vanpeele:

Tomatoes and pepper do VERY well in sacks.

Thanks a lot. Will try it out at the backyard and give an update. Team #growityourself
Re: Sack Farming From Start by Cossycute(f): 5:23pm On Mar 04, 2016
workingharder:
Nice but i made 17,000 naira out of my 5 sacks
how many seeds per sack and like how many matured cucumber during harvesting from that same sack?
Re: Sack Farming From Start by Cossycute(f): 5:35pm On Mar 04, 2016
ishaqteejay:
stands? you can water once a day from the day of sowing to when the will start flowering,then you can water them twice a day for better yield and fast growth. if you mean how many plant pn a sack ?well my test was a success only that 6 and 8 strive for more water and nutrient, does not grow well like 4 plant.okay let me say 4 will be okay.
like how many matured cucmber do you harvest from each sack of four plants?God bless ur effort
Re: Sack Farming From Start by Scholar8200(m): 5:50pm On Mar 04, 2016
ishaqteejay:

1. sack =#80 per dozen

Thanks a lot.
Re: Sack Farming From Start by vanpeele: 6:49pm On Mar 04, 2016
Cossycute:
like how many matured cucmber do you harvest from each sack of four plants?God bless ur effort

My advice will be to always use worst case scenario. 2 per sack (it's more than that) will be a good way to calculate. Depending on the variety, between 100-200 cucumbers fill a bag. The bigger they're the less you need and the smaller they're, the more you need.

1 Like

Re: Sack Farming From Start by Benolbenzene: 6:49pm On Mar 04, 2016
I just want to say thank you for this wonderful piece of information about sack farming. I want to know If the bottom of the sack is perforated?
Re: Sack Farming From Start by vanpeele: 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2016
Benolbenzene:
I just want to say thank you for this wonderful piece of information about sack farming. I want to know If the bottom of the sack is perforated?

No but you can if you want to. The weather in your area should be considered before making a decision.
Re: Sack Farming From Start by vanpeele: 7:26pm On Mar 04, 2016
Patini147:

Does sack drain properly when watered and what type of pesticide do yu use?

The Dangote sack (this isn't an ad for him) drains well.
Pesticide = Fighter 35EC
Re: Sack Farming From Start by Cossycute(f): 9:58am On Mar 05, 2016
G
vanpeele:

My advice will be to always use worst case scenario. 2 per sack (it's more than that) will be a good way to calculate. Depending on the variety, between 100-200 cucumbers fill a bag. The bigger they're the less you need and the smaller they're, the more you need.
pls i mean like how many matured cucumber can a stand inside the sack produce during harvest?
Re: Sack Farming From Start by vanpeele: 11:43am On Mar 05, 2016
Cossycute:
Gpls i mean like how many matured cucumber can a stand inside the sack produce during harvest?

How many sacks do you intend to do
Re: Sack Farming From Start by vanpeele: 11:44am On Mar 05, 2016
Cossycute:
Gpls i mean like how many matured cucumber can a stand inside the sack produce during harvest?

Like I said...2 per sack (worst case scenario)
Re: Sack Farming From Start by thuao(m): 12:17pm On Mar 05, 2016
pls shud the sacks be put on normal soil or concrete, cos the ground in my house is concrete, considering draining. thanks
Re: Sack Farming From Start by vanpeele: 5:14pm On Mar 05, 2016
thuao:
pls shud the sacks be put on normal soil or concrete, cos the ground in my house is concrete, considering draining. thanks

That's the whole point of sack farming. Concrete, tile, coal tar, wood can now be farmed on.
Re: Sack Farming From Start by ishaqteejay(m): 5:55pm On Mar 05, 2016
Cossycute:
well actually it can be accurate because cucumbers keep putting on new ones as it is growing.so in some you can see 2,3 and keeps producing. its a continues growth,thats why it is hard to count.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) / Just Your Interest, Not About Ur Money,join Our Agriculture Team Now! / Snail Farming Thread -- Let's Make It Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.