Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,441 members, 7,801,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators (1569 Views)

Salient Call To Ceo,nairaland Seun Osewa. / Suggestion To The King Of Nairaland Seun / Omg! Nairaland's Seun Osewa - Worth Over N200m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by blacksta(m): 9:57am On Jun 30, 2009
I have noticed that u guys are locking, deleting threads without any kind of consultation. This is not fair and i believe nairaland should be a place where people can fairly express their opinion without the fear of site administrators. I hope this site doesn't become a mini Iran.

For Example

Why was below thread locked -

Nigerians: The Happiest People And The Most Stupid

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-289776.0.html
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by netotse(m): 10:12am On Jun 30, 2009
meself i dont see any reason why it was locked!
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by ikeyman00(m): 10:14am On Jun 30, 2009
this thread should be locked for good

seriously

u no dey fear angry
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by desgiezd(m): 10:21am On Jun 30, 2009
I read the article on Nigeriavillagesquare.com yesterday and I wonder why it is considered offensive here.
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by Tudor6(f): 10:46am On Jun 30, 2009
This just goes to confirm what the article says. Only stupid people will deny their own stupidity when confronted. I weep for nigerians.
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by buffead(f): 11:01am On Jun 30, 2009
Tudór:

This just goes to confirm what the article says. Only stupid people will deny their own stupidity when confronted. I weep for nigerians.

sharapppp jor wat do u know about nigerians
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by netotse(m): 11:03am On Jun 30, 2009
desgiezd:

I read the article on Nigeriavillagesquare.com yesterday and I wonder why it is considered offensive here.

maybe its too intellectual for nairaland(its only seun or whoever locked the thread that can tell us tho!)
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by Muhseen(m): 11:49am On Jun 30, 2009
Am afraid to talk, for I've had just been. . . lipsrsealed
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by faoni572(m): 11:50am On Jun 30, 2009
This thread will soon be locked.
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by Ilelobola: 11:52am On Jun 30, 2009
Just read the article using the link on the original post.

Doesn't seem offensive to me, only stating what any right thinking person knows. The statement that "The Igbos and the Ijaws are probably the ones that have been most rebellious , " surely hasn't been taken as a call to war or has it?

I'm baffled that even Seun (assuming he's the one being referred to here) posted a response to the post before it was locked. Hopefully Nairaland is independent of the Nigerian government, churches and mosques?
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by iniguy(m): 11:54am On Jun 30, 2009
Topics are getting locked, modify button ain't working, people are getting banned for spurious reasons etc. I wanted to respond to that topic, i think the writer made good points but he insulted the collective intelligence of Nigerians.
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by iniguy(m): 11:54am On Jun 30, 2009
Topics are getting locked, modify button ain't working, people are getting banned for spurious reasons etc. I wanted to respond to that topic, i think the writer made good points but he insulted the collective intelligence of Nigerians.
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by OneNaija(m): 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2009
I dey Wonder If Seun dey drink Beer dey come Nairaland
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by blacksta(m): 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2009
OneNaija:

I dey Wonder If Seun dey drink Beer dey come Nairaland

I wonder too -

Richy - we need answers or regulations.
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by ElRazur: 1:12pm On Jun 30, 2009
Moderation is biased on nairaland. Anyone who says otherwise is probably not seeing the bigger picture. Take politics here for example, you have a few people who are constantly derailing threads, bickering and not actually contributing to the thread at hand. Those who for ever posting news link without living a comment or their own opinion etc. Yet there appears to be no active moderation to mop up this sort of post, or remove the offending user.

There aren't any set or well defined rules governing the forum ettiqutte here, or the art of debating. Even RichyBlack is guilty sometimes of being inactive and doing nothing to make this place a better place.

Oh before anyone come running telling "use the report to moderator button" I would urge people not to bother! I used this in the past, and the offending post was never removed. Instead my account was banned on the pretence that I posted "a spam type of post"! Yeah, that is what I get for trying to clean up this place.

Moderation should be given to people who can actually set a standard and make this place a better place. Not just friends and "paddies" who would be biased and can't be bothered to actually moderate.
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by asha3: 1:15pm On Jun 30, 2009
So i am not the only one that this is affecting?I have been banned two times in the last two days because i posted this particular article and another article from saharareporters.com in which the title was "There would be no REVOLUTION in nigeria".The two times i was banned the reason was that i posted a SPAM.
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by Ibime(m): 1:18pm On Jun 30, 2009
asha 3:

So i am not the only one that this is affecting?I have been banned two times in the last two days because i posted this particular article and another article from saharareporters.com in which the title was "There would be no REVOLUTION in nigeria".The two times i was banned the reason was that i posted a SPAM.

hehehehe. . . . .I never thought Asha 2 the pacifist would get banned. . .
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by ElRazur: 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2009
I guess spam is a blanket word the moderators/admin/seun use so as to escape from giving a genuine reason in the first place.
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by netotse(m): 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2009
y'all know we're technically asking for trouble here. . .lol

we're starting our own e-revolution
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by asha3: 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2009
I hope this has nothing to do with Yaradua's resolve to fight bloggers undecided
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by adamabdul: 1:29pm On Jun 30, 2009
Who knows may be he has been bought by the federal goverment too sad sad sad
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by JustGood(m): 1:30pm On Jun 30, 2009
Surely someone's got to be able to proffer a reason for locking the thread.

I heard that it was the culture section that was horrible. I didn't realise that it also extends to the politics section.
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by Ibime(m): 1:32pm On Jun 30, 2009
asha 3:

I hope this has nothing to do with Yaradua's resolve to fight bloggers undecided

Na. . . . if so, I would have been banned long time. . . . I think you were banned cos of some software schismo that interpreted your post as spam. . . . its an auto-ban function, meaning there was no human involvement.
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by asha3: 1:34pm On Jun 30, 2009
Ibime:

Na. . . . if so, I would have been banned long time. . . . I think you were banned cos of some software schismo that interpreted your post as spam. . . . its an auto-ban function, meaning there was no human involvement.

Ok.Make i carry fear gree. undecided
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by Bialegend(m): 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2009
This is cowardise at best. Yesterday alone, 5 of my comments was deleted for just no reason. Perhaps the ower of this site has received the 20million naira from the nigerian govt. which some have been speculating here.
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by Tudor6(f): 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2009
@Justgood
Add religion section to that mix. . .

@buffead
you drunkard! I'm nigerian!
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by ElRazur: 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2009
netotse:

y'all know we're technically asking for trouble here. . .lol

we're starting our own e-revolution

Asking for what? Oh please. This is nairaland and as such what is the worst that can happen? Gosh you get banned. Simple.

Eventually, when everyone is banned, I am sure this forum would drop of the radar smiley On top of that, the registration process is so lax that one can have multiple identities around here. So banning some one is just pointless.

There is nothing hard in giving a proper reasons as to why a thread is locked. Employing autobots to do the job of human around here just goes to show how much the moderators/seun are bothered about actually doing any work.
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by dominique(f): 1:44pm On Jun 30, 2009
what is this doing in the politics section undecided
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by ElRazur: 1:48pm On Jun 30, 2009
dominique:

what is this doing in the politics section undecided

How hard is it to read a single page of thread?
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by dominique(f): 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2009
ElRazur:

How hard is it to read a single page of thread?

how does that answer the question tongue let me rephrase the question, what has this got to do with politics
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by Tudor6(f): 2:05pm On Jun 30, 2009
Are you blind?
Re: Whats Is Going On Nairaland - Seun & Moderators by dominique(f): 2:13pm On Jun 30, 2009
Tudór:

Are you blind?

are you daft . . .why am i even asking, ofcourse you are angry tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Love Seun! / Pls Hw Do I Deactivate My Nairaland Account / 75% Women Reject Bald Men! Profer Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.