Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? (9793 Views)

Dear Christians, Why Are Developed/educated Countries Leaving Religion? / Christians, Why Do You Hate Richard Dawkins this much? / I Am Shocked Beyond Words! Christians Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 02, 2016
Hero10001:

Last time i checked the word "image" doesnt mean it's real.
Else, you want me to believe you are an unlearned idiat.
so God image in which you was created in is not real, I accept. For the first time since your conception, you just made sense. Now apply that logic to God existence and you would also tell me God is not real too.
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Hero10001: 5:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
aaronson:
so God image in which you was created in is not real, I accept. For the first time since your conception, you just made sense. Now apply that logic to God existence and you would also tell me God is not real too.
"God made humans lower to HIM ~Psalms 8:5 and
Heb 2:7.
God is real buddy.
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
Hero10001:

"God made humans lower to HIM ~Psalms 8:5 and
Heb 2:7.
God is real buddy.
If God made man lower than him and vulnerable to sin, why does he expect perfection from man like not to commit sin?
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Hero10001: 5:53pm On Feb 02, 2016
aaronson:
If God made man lower than him and vulnerable to sin, why does he expect perfection from man like not to commit sin?
We are free moral agents, designed for earth. God couldda made us robots, but He didn't, we have a choice in the matter " for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" ~Rom 3:23.
People sin because;
1. There is no fear of God before their eyes.~ Rom 3:18
2. We are deceived by sin ~ 1 John 1;8
3. There's temporary pleasure in sin ~ James 1:14
4 They are decieved by false doctrines ~ Gal 1:9
5. The influence of pple they associate with ~1 thes 5;22
6. We are ignorant ~ james 4;7

As long as humans exists, we will never be able to retire the concept off sin cos definately exists.
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
Hero10001:

We are free moral agents, designed for earth. God couldda made us robots, but He didn't, we have a choice in the matter " for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" ~Rom 3:23.
People sin because;
1. There is no fear of God before their eyes.~ Rom 3:18
2. We are deceived by sin ~ 1 John 1;8
3. There's temporary pleasure in sin ~ James 1:14
4 They are decieved by false doctrines ~ Gal 1:9
5. The influence of pple they associate with ~1 thes 5;22
6. We are ignorant ~ james 4;7

As long as humans exists, we will never be able to retire the concept off sin cos definately exists.
you didn't answer my question one bit....you just went ahead, explaining sin and why man sin but this is what I asked you.

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Hero10001: 7:55pm On Feb 02, 2016
aaronson:
you didn't answer my question one bit....you just went ahead, explaining sin and why man sin but this is what I asked you.

uh-oh! Sorry for that.
Perfection means "complete, without flaws"
God didnt create the perfect being else human wouldda been robots that needed not oxygen and energy for metabolisms to live.
The moment he made us low and designed for earth, flaws sets in. ~Psalms 23,
We need him to be complete and without flaws.
Jesus instructed men to pray; "Our father in heaven.. ..lead us not into temptation, deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, the power and glory...~Mat 6;13.
Humans ain't perfect and are prone to temptations.
Shelly. F once said " i abhor the idea of perfect life, it would bore me to tears.
However, Jesus came to make our imperfect perfect.
Hope i have answered your question?
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Weah96: 9:56pm On Feb 02, 2016
Hero10001:

Do you wanna remain a whimp forever?!
Information is power.
Google is your friend.

Google cannot show me how to see spirits or talk to spirits, so my question remains. How do you know that god is a spirit? Do you see or talk to spirits?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by akinlolumichael(m): 10:01pm On Feb 02, 2016
He is a mystery
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
akinlolumichael:
He is a mystery

If he is a mystery, how come you are so certain he is the truest and the only living God?
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 03, 2016
Hero10001:

uh-oh! Sorry for that.
Perfection means "complete, without flaws"
God didnt create the perfect being else human wouldda been robots that needed not oxygen and energy for metabolisms to live.
The moment he made us low and designed for earth, flaws sets in. ~Psalms 23,
We need him to be complete and without flaws.
Jesus instructed men to pray; "Our father in heaven.. ..lead us not into temptation, deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, the power and glory...~Mat 6;13.
Humans ain't perfect and are prone to temptations.
Shelly. F once said " i abhor the idea of perfect life, it would bore me to tears.
However, Jesus came to make our imperfect perfect.
Hope i have answered your question?
Why would a perfect God purposely create an imperfect being? Having in mind he would send them to hell if they fall short to already imperfect nature he created in them in.
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Hero10001: 7:27am On Feb 03, 2016
aaronson:
Why would a perfect God purposely create an imperfect being? Having in mind he would send them to hell if they fall short to already imperfect nature he created in them in.
Humans have a choice.
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Hero10001: 7:34am On Feb 03, 2016
Weah96:

Google cannot show me how to see spirits or talk to spirits, so my question remains. How do you know that god is a spirit? Do you see or talk to spirits?

It's easy when scientist says; there are colours, lights and sounds that can't be seen nor heard with our naked eyes and ears but you doubt that God is a spirit.
Consider spirits as those energy we couldn't see with our naked eyes.
You'll need faith to see God.
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by betterpikin28(f): 9:31am On Feb 03, 2016
aaronson:
c'mon....Don't you think, okay maybe because you a female, if you were a guy I would so bash you exposing your ignorance but I feel you a girl being amazed at me not believing in what you believe in and you so curious to know why?, With that said, I would oblige to unravel some facts to you, okay? just point out where you not clear or feel lost.

I know good from bad because, you don't need religion to be moral, rather its religion that's needs good to be moral.
You were born innately knowing morality because when you hurt me and I cry, you would feel bad so its in you, you can't be taught that. Another example is, Nobody ever told you not to kill your mom, you innately know if you kill your mom you would miss her forever so you even protect her for external dangers. Is that taught in church? No, its part of you.

I don't wanna start blowing my trumpet, I know how many people I help on daily basis even my lecturers in school, I sometimes help their bills, I sometimes pay help to pay my course mate school fees and other few things, its apart of me to know good from wrong.

Bill gates and Warren Buffet are both atheist but they donated half their wealth to charity, they don't know God.

But

The pope of the catholic,if you don't pay money to him, he would never visit your country. If am lying check that on google. Also, the catholic priests are know for molesting young boys since when the catholic church began and it still happens.

Even in the bible, God violated his own commandments, he encouraged rape, slavery, mass murder, cannibalism, killing of baby etc.

If you put to bed and I grab your baby and dash him against the rock for him to die,will you like it? But your God said, its good in psalm 137:9.

So you see, its religion that needs morality to operate that why you hear you church having to preach morality every sunday.

Atheist like me don't morality cus I know Good from bad, Christians, Muslims etc are all in jail for religions crime and all but it has NEVER EVER been reported that an atheist is jailed.

Youuper human mind made you differenciate
It them.
My God is awesome.He said He will confuse us all with our difference in belief just to prove He is a great God. I won't criticise you becos that what He want you to Blv.
At list I learnt some pple have going miles just to prove there is no God.
As for me and my household we blv in God.
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Weah96: 1:18pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hero10001:

Humans have a choice.

To do what? Go against the will of the programmer. Even the Bible Jesus admitted that his choice was negligible, in other words, his fate was sealed before birth.
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hero10001:

Humans have a choice.
how does human have choice when your life was pre-determined by an omniscient creator?
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2016
betterpikin28:

Youuper human mind made you differenciate
It them.
My God is awesome.He said He will confuse us all with our difference in belief just to prove He is a great God. I won't criticise you becos that what He want you to Blv.
At list I learnt some pple have going miles just to prove there is no God.
As for me and my household we blv in God.
So with all my point you still could tell me, God wanted me be an atheist...haha, you really indoctrinated and its not your, you grew up that way, If you had grew In a civilized society such as sweden reverse would have been the case. But You grew up in a bastardized, cultural and primitive continent know as third world, The reason Africa is known as third world is because of their inimical primitive culture and RELIGION infested societies where nobody thinks but pray and also raise children into adults who don't also think but pray. Later you start wondering why African don't evolve.

So goodluck with you and your family, Life cycle of mental slavery, it didn't start with you and will not end with you but you can make a difference and see if the revolution will not affect your next generation positively. Again, In God you trust, goodluck because God is just another version of satan which at the end of the day they both equal to nothing.
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by MRGK: 3:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
Palms 14:1There's this thing called the sun that can b seen anywhere in the world. That would b one strong indicator !!!!!
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by winner01(m): 8:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
aaronson:

Atheist like me don't morality cus I know Good from bad, Christians, Muslims etc are all in jail for religions crime and all but it has NEVER EVER been reported that an atheist is jailed.
This singular quote is a cue that y'all need to stop arguing with this dolt.
This quote is the definition of willful illiteracy and a slap on the face of other atheists here.
betterpikin28 quit wasting your time with this.
KingEbukasBlog you need to see this.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by winner01(m): 8:19pm On Feb 03, 2016
analice107:

I want to be the one running that orphanage.
Lol, Today only few people know voitaire but he was really a serious atheist in his time. To bad his dreams died with him. And so many of them like that. These foot soldiers are quite some fun though.

But dont worry my friend, God may grant your wish on dawkins house in some years time grin
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by akinlolumichael(m): 8:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
if u want to know aw true He is, go to heaven and ask
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
winner01:
This quote is the definition of willful illiteracy and a slap on the face of other atheists here.
let me sit back and watch how many likes you would get on this because, the number of likes you get would determine how many people is as mental incapacitated as you.

You so dumb to admitting you a perfect writer who don't commit typo.

In course of argument, my fast typing habit never made me proof read, so deal with it, mr perfect writer.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by winner01(m): 10:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
aaronson:
let me sit back and watch how many likes you would get on this because, the number of likes you get would determine how many people is as mental incapacitated as you.

You so dumb to admitting you a perfect writer who don't commit typo.

In course of argument, my fast typing habit never made me proof read, so deal with it, mr perfect writer.
wtf is this guy angry
Im not concerned with your typo errors, im concerned with your mental state as indicated in your above quote, you deadbrain.

But If you feel you are above typo errors, im sure people can see you've made a fool of yourself once again. Ive bolded your errors. You can start a new life by improving your english. angry

If you equally feel that the "number of likes" determine how reasonable a comment is, then you've only succeded once again in proving how insecure, unstable and stup!d you are.
Below is an example of a thread where a man who assaulted his wife was looking to make amends. Im sure you can see which comment got the highest "like" numbers.

Since you feed on likes, i suggest you sit back and never quote me again, i feel irritated replying you.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 03, 2016
winner01:
wtf is this guy angry
Im not concerned with your typo errors, im concerned with your mental state as indicated in your above quote, you deadbrain.

But If you feel you are above typo errors, im sure people can see you've made a fool of yourself once again. Ive bolded your errors. You can start a new life by improving your english. angry

If you equally feel that the "number of likes" determine how reasonable a comment is, then you've only succeded once again in proving how insecure, unstable and stup!d you are.
Below is an example of a thread where a man who assaulted his wife was looking to make amends. Im sure you can see which comment got the highest "like" numbers.

Since you feed on likes, i suggest you sit back and never quote me again, i feel irritated replying you.
Add 's' to your "like" before the last paragraph and also add "r" to your in the very first paragraph statement, Mr improved English writer

You just so flat out mentally re tarded and st upid as chasing your tail in a circle.
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by winner01(m): 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2016
aaronson:
Add 's' to your "like" before the last paragraph and also add "r" to your in the very first paragraph statement, Mr improved English writer

You just so flat out mentally re tarded and st upid as chasing your tail in a circle.
Lol, "like" numbers Or number of likes
1. notice how the "s" is interchanged
2. Like is in quote. Go read about quotation marks.

As for my first paragraph, Im sure people reading this will laugh at your pride and stupidity.
You are a disgrace to yourself and this will be my last reply to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
winner01:

Lol, "like" numbers Or number of likes
1. notice how the "s" is interchanged
2. Like is in quote. Go read about quotation marks.

As for my first paragraph, Im sure people reading this will laugh at your pride and stupidity.
You are a disgrace to yourself and this will be my last reply to you.
Nice defense mechanism as to applying law of quotation marks but no defense mechanism to that of skipping "y" in earlier spelling of your. Now that how arrogant of ignorance you can be.

21st century type of educated f ool at ______, what's your age again? 40, its unfortunate you made thus far without a little sense to call yours. Brain empty and empty and shallow like a frying pan, Yet load to the neck like a fulcrum. Stupid independent goblin dependable on your kid sister's menstrual bleed to survive.
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by reallest(f): 12:00am On Feb 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

It does not mean He was exhausted . He just stopped creating on the seventh day .

Psalm 121:1- 4

God never sleeps or slumbers , so why does He NE eko d rest ? Is he a human or a biological life form ?

The writer just described the end of creation as a rest

. Even when d writer let us know dat he became refreshed ?

BrE /rɪˈfreʃ/ ; NAmE /rɪˈfreʃ/
Verb Forms
[transitive] refresh somebody/yourself to make somebody feel less tired or less hot
The long sleep had refreshed her.
The following morning she awoke refreshed.
He refreshed himself with a cool shower.
[transitive] refresh something (informal, especially North American English) to fill somebody’s glass or cup again
Let me refresh your glass.
He went into the kitchen to refresh their drinks.
[transitive] refresh your/somebody’s memory to remind yourself/somebody of something, especially with the help of something that can be seen or heard
synonym jog
He had to refresh his memory by looking at his notes.
[transitive, intransitive] refresh (something) (computing) to make the most recent information show, for example on an Internet page
Click here to refresh this page

Bible says in the Book of Exodus, Chatper 31, Verse 17...

It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by reallest(f): 12:08am On Feb 04, 2016
xerxesII:

Bro you just did 'wuruwuru-to-the-answer' kindof explanation. . .

Lmao at 'we can say he just ceased work on the seventh day' grin
Bro to cease working is diff from resting

Here are synonyms to 'to cease work': abandon, abdicate, bail out, bow out,
capitulate, cease work, cede, demit, divorce oneself
from, drop, drop out, end service, fold, forgo,
forsake, give notice, give up the ship, hand in
resignation, hand over, hang it up, leave, quit,

Why didn't your bible use thse words instead of 'rest'. . .

you suppose translate bible too o...make u name am NKEV(new king ebuka version)
Nigga I'm done grin

grin
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by waldigit: 2:41am On Feb 04, 2016
folksync:
I mean I find it so hard to believe in this God. Too much inconsistencies in the Bible. Too deep a silence from God since the biblical era.

How do you do it? How can you live through all these absurdities and inconsistencies in the Bible without asking questions or without harbouring questions. And how are you so sure about the bible being the dictates of God, especially considering the fact that is filled with scientific inaccuracies and absurdities? How do I get this type of faith that makes me start accepting stuffs that I ordinarily would reject without qualms?

I am sincerely baffled. Can anyone really "save" me?

I like you. You are straightforward. I was like you many years ago. In my own case it wasn't the Bible my source of disappointment but the so called beleivers.
But my source of help for conviction is Holy Spirit. Beloved the bible says in Luke 11:13 that God will always answer your prayer for requesting for Holy Spirit. I tested that hypothesis, and found out its a law.
Also, my experience in world of science and design help me to believe in writings of Psalm 19.

Also, when I realise that as powerful as men and devil with his demons are, they have not been able to stop earths' rotation on its own axis even for a nanosecond, humm, I know there is God ooo.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:54am On Feb 04, 2016
winner01:

Lol

Aaronson the buffoon reasons with his armpit . Now , let's use his claims against him . According to him , Sweden is an atheistic country ... right ? So there are no crimes in Sweden , Australia , Netherlands and North Korea ?

According to BBC , Sweden's rape cases are on the spotlight . Sweden is described as the rape capital of the West . Australia , a self-acclaimed atheistic country was also described as the kidnapping capital in the World .

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-19592372

Now when these perpetrators of these horrendous crimes who are supposedly atheists get arrested , hasn't that alone refuted his bizarre claims that no atheist has been arrested ?

aaronson , is simply making a fool of himself and I'm shocked no atheist has stood against the foolishness being displayed here . Bro winner01 , imagine if a christian made that claim and we all know how these atheists would have reacted - labeling the christian as ret.arded . Welcome to atheism - deception , lies , deceit , falsehood

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:00am On Feb 04, 2016
winner01:
wtf is this guy angry

That guy is not worth it bro . You know there are three main issues here .

1. He is apparently mentally deranged

2. He is trolling

3. He is bereft of love , care and attention - he's an attention seeking wh,ore who needs it so badly

1 Like

Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 04, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol

Aaronson the buffoon reasons with his armpit . Now , let's use his claims against him . According to him , Sweden is an atheistic country ... right ? So there are no crimes in Sweden , Australia , Netherlands and North Korea ?

According to BBC , Sweden's rape cases are on the spotlight . Sweden is described as the rape capital of the West . Australia , a self-acclaimed atheistic country was also described as the kidnapping capital in the World .

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-19592372

Now when these perpetrators of these horrendous crimes who are supposedly atheists get arrested , hasn't that alone refuted his bizarre claims that no atheist has been arrested ?

aaronson , is simply making a fool of himself and I'm shocked no atheist has stood against the foolishness being displayed here . Bro winner01 , imagine if a christian made that claim and we all know how these atheists would have reacted - labeling the christian as ret.arded . Welcome to atheism - deception , lies , deceit , falsehood

You so icecy stu pid and juicy ignorant to think I made the fallacy you claimed.

I never said crime don't occur in Sweden, Dummy erect your ear and listen, I said, worldwide in general, Christians, muslims and other religion go to war for religion reason and are being put in prison for that same purpose, but have never seen no one atheist but put in prison for committing any religion related offence.

If you can't comprehend that, then you too stu pid to read, your brain is just another version of you chicken brain OS in human form.
Re: Christians, Why Do You Believe In The Biblical God? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 07, 2016
Weah96:

Which creator? It was mammals who wrote the Bible. Mammals who were suffering from a serious case of boredom. Is your creator a mammal? Hahaha.

Still childish till now? Smh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Celebrate Birthdays? / Woman Delivers 8 Babies In One Year / Pastor Idah Peterside Spoke Against T.B. Joshua???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.