Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,761 members, 7,798,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? (41804 Views)

My Experience In A Deceived Job Interview In Lagos(gnld Now Neolife Networking) / A Nairalander's Outfit To A Military Interview - PICS / Invitation For Job Interview At Ebony Links (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by Kizmilz(m): 2:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
Wow... Been on Nland for like for years now n I'm making FRONT PAGE for the first time... A bit Hit for me. This FP is dedicated to all Nlanders and Job Seekers around the globe... We shall all become CEO some day.

1 Like

Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by teeshawt(m): 2:09pm On Feb 01, 2016
Josh na u be ds, u looking cute nah.. . Anty p, obro.... How dem dey
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by azeecoboy(m): 2:09pm On Feb 01, 2016
i pity those female employers tho if after eventually u were given the job.

#ah wish yhu goodluck tho,may this wonderful opportunity never skip you.
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by Godmother(f): 2:11pm On Feb 01, 2016
Definite hit
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 01, 2016
You look good.

Gooooood luck
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 01, 2016
First thing first.. Wish you best of luck in your just concluded interview.
Back to topic...
The bangles you wore on your right hand. (Not part of corporate dressing)
Just as someone mentioned earlier, a well polished black leather shoe with a black belt would have added more sense to your outfit.
Then the round shaped beards... Most suitable.
Chain watches are okay, for me leather watch most suitable... for a job seeker.
My two cents
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by repogirl(f): 2:14pm On Feb 01, 2016
Op, for your mind abi? cool

Definitely a hit.
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by Trustisaburden: 2:14pm On Feb 01, 2016
If you are applying for the post of a driver, sorry for you; but if you're applying for a managerial position, this for sure, is a hit!

Goodluck!!
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by Kizmilz(m): 2:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
teeshawt:
Oga Tosin na me ooo... Long time.
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by sneak3(m): 2:16pm On Feb 01, 2016
Misses.... Reason is the colour of the suit is not recommended for the occasion.

Though u look good on it but I will score u 4/10 for appearance solely for d aforementioned reason.
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by frisky2good(m): 2:16pm On Feb 01, 2016
Na modelling job?
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by Dexema(m): 2:17pm On Feb 01, 2016
davide470:
You look good.

..but why the black belt?

the guy dey fight karate na.
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by Kizmilz(m): 2:17pm On Feb 01, 2016
teeshawt:
Oga Tosin na me ooo... Aunty P and Obro dey well. Long time bro.
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by playtheblues(f): 2:18pm On Feb 01, 2016
Are the interviewers males or females?

You wanna dress better than your boss.

You dey crazeeee?

cheesy
Kizmilz:
One word for my dressing to a Job interview...
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by Duletion(m): 2:18pm On Feb 01, 2016
As good as you may feel about your dressing, interviews have etiquettes. Depending on the job type of job you're going for. However, there is a general dressing rule for an office kind of job which is black suit and white shirt, any matching formal shoes - not suede, No wristbands and chains like a rapper. no pocket handkerchief. A fitting tie not shiny colour

Just a belt up long sleeve white shirt and and long pants nicely ironed, a tie and formal shoes would've done it better than the glamour you went for.

My verdict is that, you're dressed for a fashion parade
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by gbens2000(m): 2:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
airsaylongcon:
Nice combination. Small points of note, I wouldn't wear suede to an interview purely because I want to show how my leather glistens. I also would ensure my belt, shoe and in this case bag are of the same colour.

Finally switch from the regular tie knots. I always tie the eldredge when I going for an interview. Peeps end up asking how I knotted it and voila a conversation has started
plsssssss how did u actually knot that.
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by placeofallure(f): 2:21pm On Feb 01, 2016
On a good day, I would have said dapper! but for an interview, it's a no for me. Your colours are a bit uncoordinated. Moreso who wears that shade of blue as tie to an interview when there are power colours like red or darker blue according to be the dictates of your shirt? Even the suit would have been better if it were dark grey or black. Tie and shoe too preferably black. You should be as conservative as possible. Your appearance at an interview speaks volume, it's no tea party. Remember what they say about first impression?

2 Likes

Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by abdultek: 2:23pm On Feb 01, 2016
Kizmilz:
Lol. Your Moniker says it all
grin
Kizmilz:
Lol. Your Moniker says it all
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by teeshawt(m): 2:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
Kizmilz:

Oga Tosin na me ooo... Aunty P and Obro dey well. Long time bro.

I go enter ur side by weekend, I been dey pH presently
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by binsanni(m): 2:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
Nice one bro
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by Duletion(m): 2:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
placeofallure:
On a good day, I would have said dapper! but for an interview, it's a no for me. Your colours are a bit uncoordinated. Moreso who wears that shade of blue as tie to an interview when there are power colours like red or darker blue according to be the dictates of your shirt? Even the suit would have been better if it were dark grey or black. Tie and shoe too preferably black. You should be as conservative as possible. Your appearance at an interview speaks volume, it's no tea party. Remember what they say about first impression?

Thanks, you know your dressing
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 01, 2016
What should he wear again?
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by airsaylongcon: 2:28pm On Feb 01, 2016
gbens2000:
plsssssss how did u actually knot that.

1 Like

Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by Kizmilz(m): 2:30pm On Feb 01, 2016
teeshawt:

I go enter ur side by weekend, I been dey pH presently
No probs bro... I gallant for area.
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 01, 2016
You could have trimmed your beards a little. Looks a little bit unkempt.
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by dustydee: 2:31pm On Feb 01, 2016
missingrib:
the original pix shows it better.. your good to go ....wish u luck and don't forget us when the job is landed.
undecided
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by biodunptml(m): 2:31pm On Feb 01, 2016
its ok bro
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 01, 2016
Alaye! You set die!

Just no come back if you no land the job.
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by JaneJoanJohn(f): 2:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
Kizmilz:
One word for my dressing to a Job interview...
Fine boy,we don notice you... grin
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by arisman(m): 2:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
Cool Dude!
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by Dubemkelly(m): 2:38pm On Feb 01, 2016
Kill them man, u slayed it though the bag could have been better as a suitcase or a trendy fashionable portfolio BUT still on still, you dope ASF
Re: Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? by AyamBlaze: 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
..and am I d only person trying to figure out how/why this piece made FP? Mods should be probed ASAP! #NotHating tongue u look sex.y grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Africa Courier Express Interview / My Sister Wants To Waste 6months Of My Years In The US / 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.