Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding (34896 Views)

US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him / The Moon Landing Conspiracy. Truth Or Hoax / Buhari's Government And Ajaokuta Steel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by Menzy86(m): 5:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
"in character and temperament, the typical African of this race type is a happy, thriftless excitable person lacking in self control, discipline and foresight. Naturally corageous and naturally courteous and polite, full of personal vanity, with little sense of veracity, fond of music and loving weapons as an oriental loves jewelry. His thoughts are concentrated on the events and feelings of the moment, and he suffers little from the apprehension for the future, or grief for the past" Lord Lugard in 'our dual mandate' 1926.
Just read this piece and compare with this assessment by Lugard 90 years ago of Nigerians/Africans. Seems we have an inherent propensity to self-destruct. I believe being strategic and progressive is NOT a function of your race BUT personal decision. Im so lost for words when I read reports like this. I have made a personal decision though. Don't know about you.....
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by Malawian(m): 5:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
Oga, pleaase start from the begining of the conspiracy.

The people who did the feasibility studies for the Steel plant advised the FB to site it in the region between Awka and Onitsha in Anambra state.

You have not told us how they latter moved it to Ajaokuta in the first place. Please start from the original conspiracy, lets move from there.

Thanks a lot.

3 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by clickwtB(m): 5:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
The Ebira came with Ajaokuta from Kwara state.End of discussion.The sucess of Ajaokuta steel is for the benefit of all Nigerians.Just read that there is scarcity of steel in Europe which resulted in the stoppage car production in a major Car factory!

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2016
What a pity
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by Okpueze1(m): 5:57pm On Feb 01, 2016
NavierStokes:

I really don't think it will be a big issue if the will is there. We can not leave a national asset with the Indians indefinitely sake of one clause in an agreement. If push comes to shove we take it forcefully.
Those wicked and un trustworthy set of people playing super employers and sacking our graduates @ will wen they milk you finish. The Indians should go back to their country and leave Nigeria alone.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by dazzlingd(m): 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
It's sad to see a race that is so selfish and greedy to sell their birth right, God given rights down to their generations for immediate gains.

Some evil Nigerians are backing up this Indian company to strip us of our land, such men deserves to be cursed down till eternity

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by nukoduss: 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2016
Spechless
But sincerely am in for this
I challenge every youth to do some research on something beneficial to Nigerians and and put up the atticle here by challenging them and asking some questions
Youth let ask our leaders some questions with this we can hold them accountable.
But for this am in big time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by Mekyno(m): 6:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
NavierStokes:
The research by the writer is a call to all well meaning Nigerians to wake up and demand urgent action on this particular jewel that would have been at the heart of our industrial revolution. We could have well advanced beyond our present state I believe. But not to worry, we can look beyond the past and focus on getting that mill to working again alas the giant can once again rise like a phoenix out of her ashes
wow wow, wonderful piece. I read all and i am gr8ful for the research work.
How i wish dis will be everyone's mantra till smtn is done abt it.
Let everyone dat has connectn wit any politician or anyone in high place or position whistle it to d person's ears.
ASCL is the heart (beat) of Nigeria's economy, keep oil aside.
How can dis get to d president, governor, ministers, national assembly etc that TPE are begging for opportunity to complete it and make u great economically for life?
God help us.
NB: i jst hope d nigerian rich men using d india company as a cover are not pressurizing/talking to d minister of solid minerals, to abandon ASCL n TPE.

2 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by GEJPosterity: 6:14pm On Feb 01, 2016
theV0ice:

So what then is the way out of this problem? Do we keep on living in the Shadow of that horrid past? How long will we rely on that excuse to explain away our wickedness to our own selves?

Consider the ogas in your earlier post reproduced below

Is it still the effect of the slavery that made them so evil minded, greedy and devious?
YES. As I said, the effects of our history are multi-generational and because we have such a morbid fear of history and the past, we do not want to have an honest conversation about it and examine why we are where we are. That is the only way to move forward. If you don't know where you are coming from, you cannot know where you are going. These character defects are not somehow embedded in the genetic code of Nigerians. They are IMPLANTED defects which have grown through centuries of direct and indirect torture, genocide, starvation and economic subjugation. You don't leave the "shadow of the horrid past" by saying so and pretending that you can somehow "get over" 400+ years of history on your own. You do not have that power. You get out of the shadow of the past by examining it honestly and in depth and analysing its impact on the present, before planning for how to change the future.

Blocking out the past is not a virtue at all. In fact it is extreme foolishness.

We can see they even taught honest Germans how to be crooked.
If Germans were honest, they would not have left Germany to colonise land in West Africa (Togo) and call it part of German "Lebensraum". If the Germans from Bifinger Berger were intrinsically honest people, they would have declined the offer and left. After all my dad who was part of the system refused to take part in those civil service practises even though he missed out on huge payoffs and even promotions for not "playing ball". That is what honest people do when faced with dishonesty. Not carrying out fraud and then saying that it was Nigerians that "taught them how to be crooked."

My friend, Indians also suffered in the hands of Britons. I l read of a restaurant where Gandhi wished to enter in England and the sign above the door read "dogs and Indians not allowed"

That to me was terribly debasing yet the Indian rose above it. We should stop making excuses.

You didn't read the part of my post where I said that women were raped in front of their families just to prove a point to the natives about hierarchy. Children were thrown to alligators to be eaten just because some people wanted Alligator skin. Imagine realising that the value of your child's life is not as much as that of the skin of a dead alligator.

How are you comparing that to Ghandi seeing an offensive sign in a restaurant in England? Is that the same level or degree of dehumanisation? You yourself are guilty of trying to run away from history by equating two separate and completely different things. It would be very difficult and traumatising to examine your history scientifically and analyse the impact of what happened on our present reality, so you are taking the easy way out and blaming the victims for what was done to them. This is intellectually hollow and dare I say quite cowardly.

Engaging with the truth of our history is not "making excuses", it is simply THE TRUTH.

And THE TRUTH is something that too many Nigerians are just not able to handle.

4 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by GEJPosterity: 6:27pm On Feb 01, 2016
Menzy86:
"in character and temperament, the typical African of this race type is a happy, thriftless excitable person lacking in self control, discipline and foresight. Naturally corageous and naturally courteous and polite, full of personal vanity, with little sense of veracity, fond of music and loving weapons as an oriental loves jewelry. His thoughts are concentrated on the events and feelings of the moment, and he suffers little from the apprehension for the future, or grief for the past" Lord Lugard in 'our dual mandate' 1926.
Just read this piece and compare with this assessment by Lugard 90 years ago of Nigerians/Africans. Seems we have an inherent propensity to self-destruct. I believe being strategic and progressive is NOT a function of your race BUT personal decision. Im so lost for words when I read reports like this. I have made a personal decision though. Don't know about you.....
Frederick Lugard the colonial thug and renowned paedophile did not mention that this "African" he spoke of existed in the late 1800s to early 1900s - nearly 400 years after his first contact with invading Europeans.

He did not mention that this African despite having more than 5,000 years of recorded history and several great civilisations welcomed Europeans with open arms instead of war, and that it was in fact the greedy, violent and immoral European who turned him into the beast he became.

He did not mention that over 300 years of decapitations, chain beatings, chopping off of arms and feet, throwing of infants to alligators and crocodiles, forceful and permanent separation of families, kidnapping and shipping to sugar and cotton plantations in the Americas, unabated war, destruction, rape and torture, and decimation of entire populations and cultures, this "African" had lost his mind.

Frederick Lugard did not mention that the only reason he was here in the land of this "African" was to steal everything the African had and ship it to Europe via something called the Royal Niger Trading Company. He did not mention that he and several other colonial thugs such as Lewis Vernon Harcourt whom Port Harcourt was named after, were notorious paedophiles who regularly forced African women at gunpoint to give up their children to be sodomised by them. He did not mention that his mission in Africa was to create a land of people in the image of the "African" he spoke of - visionless, dependent, unintelligent, impulsive, physically strong cannon fodder for the complete exploitation of the Royal Niger Trading Company.

The only thing worse that seeing his violent anti-African warfare in text is seeing a descendant of his African victims quoting his words as if they are somehow valid.

Read your history man!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by menxer: 6:32pm On Feb 01, 2016
This is a one of a kind post.

I had always known there is a high level conspiracy to keep ASCL moribund this report has confirmed all I imagined.

To me the reason why our leaders have allowed themselves and by extension Nigeria to be so manipulated by the West is because they can't see the place of Nigeria in the BIG picture.

I won't be surprised if on investigation a similar fate is reported about ALSCON in Ikot Abasi, Akwa Ibom state.

We as a nation is penny wise, pound foolish.

A masochist would always gravitate towards a sadist, no matter what.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by pcicero(m): 6:37pm On Feb 01, 2016
Can we walk the talk and start a petition to Fayemi?

The issue with Nigeria is still that square pegs are still put in round holes. Fayemi is an intelligent mind no doubt, but I really doubt his competence in that ministry.

Meaning well is not enough to make things work. In fact, that cliche "he means well" has become tiring to me.

We demand performance. This government should give priorities to the economy and stop grandstanding.

While I want looters prosecuted I believe that should not take all the attention of Buhari. Though I will advise that he institutes rules to mitigate such mindless pillaging of our commonwealth as experienced under GEJ.

I'm yet to be convinced that anything has changed in this country. Was it not last week that it was reported that APC stalwarts besieged Aso Rock to solicit funding for the party?
Thank God the president didn't yield like Jonah would. But for how long would he continue to ward off such mindless requests?

2 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by obidevine(m): 6:38pm On Feb 01, 2016
This is a very lovely piece.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by mamaafrik(m): 6:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
hadura29:
My funny observation which some might see it as stupid is that, we have only less than 55 people who has dropped one or two comments here... At least 90% of it all are sensible. Unlike all other threads with gigantic numbers of commentators but no reasonable contributions.

I was shivering whilst reading this piece. God, should would we as a citizen starts giving street judgements to all these politicians or what.

I hope the media aides to the president, Vice President and minister for steel and mining are reading this..

My hearts bleeds. Nigeria will be great again.
how i wish that someone brought up issue like this to the front burner during the presidential media chat............,but itz never late,i'm sure they visit Nairaland too,please letz keep firing it into their ears till they listen.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by Drinkwater(m): 6:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
adaweezy:

Ajaokuta means what in Igala?
I can't figure out now,it means something in your dialect?
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by grandstar(m): 6:43pm On Feb 01, 2016
At the time Ajaokuta was built, it was reported to have the productivity of a 1920's plant. Its a very uncompetitive plant.

Now in world awash with stupendously cheap steel from China where they set up steel mills like we set up pure water factories, it will be an act of economic suicide to venture into steel production.

Any steel produced here will be way above the world market price leaving the local end users at a competitive disadvantage.

Its a blessing in disguise that the mill is dead. They should dynamite the place, and ring it for miles with landmines.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by Ganaz: 6:44pm On Feb 01, 2016
We need more of this good citizen in nigeria please keep it coming may God crown your effort

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by tpiar: 6:44pm On Feb 01, 2016
Malawian:
Oga, pleaase start from the begining of the conspiracy.

The people who did the feasibility studies for the Steel plant advised the FB to site it in the region between Awka and Onitsha in Anambra state.

You have not told us how they latter moved it to Ajaokuta in the first place. Please start from the original conspiracy, lets move from there.

Thanks a lot.

source, thanks.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by theV0ice: 6:47pm On Feb 01, 2016
GEJPosterity:

YES. As I said, the effects of our history are multi-generational and because we have such a morbid fear of history and the past, we do not want to have an honest conversation about it and examine why we are where we are. That is the only way to move forward. If you don't know where you are coming from, you cannot know where you are going. These character defects are not somehow embedded in the genetic code of Nigerians. They are IMPLANTED defects which have grown through centuries of direct and indirect torture, genocide, starvation and economic subjugation. You don't leave the "shadow of the horrid past" by saying so and pretending that you can somehow "get over" 400+ years of history on your own. You do not have that power. You get out of the shadow of the past by examining it honestly and in depth and analysing its impact on the present, before planning for how to change the future.

Blocking out the past is not a virtue at all. In fact it is extreme foolishness.

I will assume you believe deep down that there's no hope of redemption for the Nigerian? This is because if after the end of the Atlantic slave trade more than 200 years ago, we are still tied down by the effects today, how many more years do we need to achieve the part in bold?

If Germans were honest, they would not have left Germany to colonise land in West Africa (Togo) and call it part of German "Lebensraum". If the Germans from Bifinger Berger were intrinsically honest people, they would have declined the offer and left. After all my dad who was part of the system refused to take part in those civil service practises even though he missed out on huge payoffs and even promotions for not "playing ball". That is what honest people do when faced with dishonesty. Not carrying out fraud and then saying that it was Nigerians that "taught them how to be crooked."

The Germans owe us no apology. They came for business and saw a group of adults dumb enough to sell their patrimony for pittances.....they simply added what the mumus demanded to their original estimates and cashed in. If they were crooked, they would collect the money and disappear..... After all we can't do them Jack because the ogas who sold us out still carry about their slave mentality.

Why did your dad not partake in the show of shame? Was is that the slave masters missed your community?

You didn't read the part of my post where I said that women were raped in front of their families just to prove a point to the natives about hierarchy. Children were thrown to alligators to be eaten just because some people wanted Alligator skin. Imagine realising that the value of your child's life is not as much as that of the skin of a dead alligator.

Chinese men and Koreans saw their women taken from them to serve as comfort women to the Japanese yet we didn't see the Chinese and Koreans use this line as a defence for economic crimes against the state.

What would you say about black chiefs who exchanged their people for mirrors and bottles of ogogoro?

How are you comparing that to Ghandi seeing an offensive sign in a restaurant in England? Is that the same level or degree of dehumanisation? You yourself are guilty of trying to run away from history by equating two separate and completely different things. It would be very difficult and traumatising to examine your history scientifically and analyse the impact of what happened on our present reality, so you are taking the easy way out and blaming the victims for what was done to them. This is intellectually hollow and dare I say quite cowardly.

I think what is cowardly is selling your future to whites whom you claim raped your ancestors hundreds of years ago. What I think is intellectually hollow is holding unto the ghosts of hundreds of years ago to explain the greed that you used as an example in your first post.

Engaging with the truth of our history is not "making excuses", it is simply THE TRUTH.

And THE TRUTH is something that too many Nigerians are just not able to handle.

Maybe we should just give up and ask the whites to come colonise us the second time instead of engaging ourselves in honest discussions and telling ourselves the truth that we've made excuses for long enough time.

As an aside, do you know at independence, this nonsense wasn't that pronounced? Do you realize things got worse over the years?

2 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by Malawian(m): 6:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
tpiar:

source, thanks.
maggi
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by tajudeent: 6:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
I think the op is still missing something very important. This is what you get when you cannot be responsible for what is yours. Imagine calling the Russian to come and rescue us from Indian! When will this spoon feeding end? When are we going to start taking responsibility?

Where are Nigerian engineers plus those sent on training regarding the Ajaokuta Project?
Steel is the bedrock of any development. It is far more superior to oil!

Until we are ready to be responsible for our own resources nothing will change.

5 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by Menzy86(m): 6:51pm On Feb 01, 2016
GEJPosterity:

Frederick Lugard the colonial thug and renowned paedophile did not mention that this "African" he spoke of existed in the late 1800s to early 1900s - nearly 400 years after his first contact with invading Europeans.

He did not mention that this African despite having more than 5,000 years of recorded history and several great civilisations welcomed Europeans with open arms instead of war, and that it was in fact the greedy, violent and immoral European who turned him into the beast he became.

He did not mention that over 300 years of decapitations, chain beatings, chopping off of arms and feet, throwing of infants to alligators and crocodiles, forceful and permanent separation of families, kidnapping and shipping to sugar and cotton plantations in the Americas, unabated war, destruction, rape and torture, and decimation of entire populations and cultures, this "African" had lost his mind.

Frederick Lugard did not mention that the only reason he was here in the land of this "African" was to steal everything the African had and ship it to Europe via something called the Royal Niger Trading Company. He did not mention that he and several other colonial thugs such as Lewis Vernon Harcourt whom Port Harcourt was named after, were notorious paedophiles who regularly forced African women at gunpoint to give up their children to be sodomised by them. He did not mention that his mission in Africa was to create a land of people in the image of the "African" he spoke of - visionless, dependent, unintelligent, impulsive, physically strong cannon fodder for the complete exploitation of the Royal Niger Trading Company.

The only thing worse that seeing his violent anti-African warfare in text is seeing a descendant of his African victims quoting his words as if they are somehow valid.

Read your history man!

Now this is still the AFRICAN problem. Every statement has a contex. I quote him because regardless of what you dig up about him and how bad his foundations were, almost ALL he said manifests till this day. I will just overlook the veiled insult from you because arguing on social media in my opinion is for retards which I am not. Try understanding the CONTEXT of statements b4 concluding. It shows enlightenment.

2 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by tpiar: 6:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
Malawian:

maggi

thank you!
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by uncjay(m): 7:07pm On Feb 01, 2016
what a pity, my country is saturated with inherent evil that require some herculean, immediate, and viable measures to be cured. What a pity!

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by hadura29(m): 7:17pm On Feb 01, 2016
mamaafrik:
how i wish that someone brought up issue like this to the front burner during the presidential media chat............,but itz never late,i'm sure they visit Nairaland too,please letz keep firing it into their ears till they listen.

I don't take media chat serious because I do see it as an interpretation of a script.

I just hope these get to the likes of omojuwa, ayourb etc. if this is the only way we can help restructure the country then let the street investigation begin..

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by nairakobo: 7:17pm On Feb 01, 2016
Guys, was just about having dinner when I started reading this piece, I can't explicitly describe in words how I lost my appetite instantly. I still have hot blood running through my spine. Indeed, "there was country". All bloggers present here should have it featured on their blogs right away. Below is channelstv contact details, let's disturb them with calls and messages till she's called for an interview session on sunrise daily.

Email : info@channelstv.com

Hotlines : +234-1-2131214, +234-1-2131215, +234-704-520-3063

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by GEJPosterity: 7:21pm On Feb 01, 2016
Menzy86:

Now this is still the AFRICAN problem. Every statement has a contex. I quote him because regardless of what you dig up about him and how bad his foundations were, almost ALL he said manifests till this day. I will just overlook the veiled insult from you because arguing on social media in my opinion is for retards which I am not. Try understanding the CONTEXT of statements b4 concluding. It shows enlightenment.
It's ironic you immediately start talking about context. Did you read this part of my reply?

"He did not mention that his mission in Africa was to create a land of people in the image of the "African" he spoke of - visionless, dependent, unintelligent, impulsive, physically strong cannon fodder for the complete exploitation of the Royal Niger Trading Company."

If you read that part and understood it, then that reply would be off point.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by SirToby(m): 7:22pm On Feb 01, 2016
I need to forward this to my lecturer. John Ade-Ajayi. Professor of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by bamasite(m): 7:29pm On Feb 01, 2016
Congrats op. Please let this piece remain on the front page until something is done!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by mamaafrik(m): 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
hadura29:

I don't take media chat serious because I do see it as an interpretation of a script.

I just hope these get to the likes of omojuwa, ayourb etc. if this is the only way we can help restructure the country then let the street investigation begin..
please are you in capacity to forward it to those quarters?
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by Geedhey(m): 7:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
grandstar:
At the time Ajaokuta was built, it was reported to have the productivity of a 1920's plant. Its a very uncompetitive plant.

Now in world awash with stupendously cheap steel from China where they set up steel mills like we set up pure water factories, it will be an act of economic suicide to venture into steel production.

Any steel produced here will be way above the world market price leaving the local end users at a competitive disadvantage.

Its a blessing in disguise that the mill is dead. They should dynamite the place, and ring it for miles with landmines.
Can u back up your words with fact which can be verified and proof read. so we all can see

2 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by ozor1: 7:37pm On Feb 01, 2016
theV0ice:

Pls let's leave the western world out of this....

Why couldn't we do it in consonance with the Russians? How have the western world being able to stop the Indians or the Chinese from developing? at least India was also a British colony until 1947.....just 13 years before Nigeria
are you for real??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

US-Based Nigerian Nurse Captures The Solar Eclipse / Horned Sea Monster Washed Ashore In Spain / Existence Of Aliens Could Be Proven In 28 DAYS -harvard Physicist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.