Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,335 members, 7,780,877 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:48 AM

Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding (34781 Views)

US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him / The Moon Landing Conspiracy. Truth Or Hoax / Buhari's Government And Ajaokuta Steel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by cooljade(f): 9:47pm On Feb 01, 2016
Thank you . I am drafting a petition already. I am more active on my facebook page Natasha Akpoti https://www.facebook.com/NatashaAkpoti/posts/10154065985231758

I would like nairalanders to pls go to my page and under the topic Nigeria's First Industrial Revolution or follow this link https://www.facebook.com/NatashaAkpoti/posts/10154070162796758 and insert what they would like the petition to contain. It shall serve as a guide to capture what's needed by consensus.

God bless .
harveyspec:

More grease to your elbows, kindly create another thread and put up the link of the online petition you created on change.org. i just checked it, it has just 535 supporters and it requires additional 465 before they can swing into action. this thread has over 13,000 views. create the thread and call the attention of the MOD to move it to front page. i noticed you have lots of followers/friends on Facebook, why don't you put up the link of the petition on your Facebook wall. also I think you should modify the petition too to reflect the new developments such as Russians willingness to complete it

for those that want to help, here is the link

https://www.change.org/p/president-muhammadu-buhari-vice-president-prof-yemi-osibanjo-a-plea-to-revive-ajaokuta-steel-company-fa0f5ff5-d622-4482-b240-c0e8a6a74d68

kindly sign the petiton.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by NavierStokes(m): 9:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
harveyspec:

kindly edit your first post and put up, the original authors(natasha akpoti) petition's on change.org. she started the petition but it just has over 500 endorsements. here is the link

https://www.change.org/p/president-muhammadu-buhari-vice-president-prof-yemi-osibanjo-a-plea-to-revive-ajaokuta-steel-company-fa0f5ff5-d622-4482-b240-c0e8a6a74d68

Okay I'll do that inmediately. (But could get a ban from the antispam bot, just incase i am unable to comment soonest)
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by tplacid: 9:55pm On Feb 01, 2016
Menzy86:

Now this is still the AFRICAN problem. Every statement has a contex. I quote him because regardless of what you dig up about him and how bad his foundations were, almost ALL he said manifests till this day. I will just overlook the veiled insult from you because arguing on social media in my opinion is for retards which I am not. Try understanding the CONTEXT of statements b4 concluding. It shows enlightenment.

Bro I have been reading your response to the comments he made about slavery and its psychological effect on us.

Please just do yourself a favor and read about African history.

Read books like 'The west and the rest of us'

'What's wrong with being black'

read about African leaders like Thomas Sanakra, Patrick Lumimba and the black operations of Americas CIA.

And for the record we Nigerians are not dull, backward or inferior....but neo-colonialism as affected this country's beyond your imagination.

Do some research brother, you can see a place in the article where the op stated that IMF and the west discouraged the development of the project with the support of the leaders who don't have our interest at heart.

Have you ever wondered why the west likes leaders like PMB, GEJ, Tinubu,IBB, OBJ and reject someone like MKO( who all Nigerians loved. For the record CIA was involved in his assassination).

Nothing seems as it looks bro.

look deep, read about African history, colonialism, pan Africanism. Read about white supremacy, apartheid and connect the dots bro.

Africa will rise with Nigeria as its economic and military base.

That's unstoppable and the whites are scared of the reality.

2 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by onelife97: 10:02pm On Feb 01, 2016
ALL THOSE FCKING OYINBO IN THE WEST ARE VERY CALLOUS AND SELFISH.NIGERIANS WE MUST RISE UP.IT'S TIME WE DEMAND FOR OUR RIGHTS IN OUR LAND.
OBASANJO AND CO THAT EVIL BASTARD MUST BE TRIED FOR TREASON.

Can't stop weeping daily for my dear country.....sobbing.......

NB...sorry for my uppercase usage...Just angry.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by onelife97: 10:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
hadura29:
My funny observation which some might see it as stupid is that, we have only less than 55 people who has dropped one or two comments here... At least 90% of it all are sensible. Unlike all other threads with gigantic numbers of commentators but no reasonable contributions.

I was shivering whilst reading this piece. God, should would we as a citizen starts giving street judgements to all these politicians or what.

I hope the media aides to the president, Vice President and minister for steel and mining are reading this..

My hearts bleeds. Nigeria will be great again.
Na the koko be dat....Let's start lynching any politicians,most especially the past ones and the present will not be spared.Lynching at sight.
The way to go......
Obasanjo number one thief.....

NB...I am also from Abeokuta.

2 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by NavierStokes(m): 10:22pm On Feb 01, 2016
cooljade:
I appreciate you for posting this piece here.

God said that people perish for lack of knowledge. Ignorance is the most expensive disease i would add. I have been a member of nairaland for 9 years and would plead with Seun to keep this topic on front page or create a banner as nairaland's contribution to the Nigeria's First Industrial Revolution which we believe Ajaokuta would usher Nigeria into.

I would also appreciate if we spread this post far and wide on all blogs, facebook pages, newspaper home, radio etc. The "economic cabals" need to know that Nigerian's are now aware and THERE IS NO BUSINESS AS USUAL!!!

I would appreciate if TV stations grant sessions or interviews so I can talk in-depth on the issues and particularly the way forward. I sincerely believe Ajaokua should be given to the original builders TPE Russia to complete and train our engineers to take over operations. If Nigeria had invited them the moment we realized our mistake in listening to the West, Solgas and Global Infrastructure episodes would not have happened.

I am presently consulting with stakeholders and shall be putting up a petition to this effect. I shall send you a private message once its up so you can help broadcast.

God bless you

Dear Madam,
I will be very happy to help in any way I can when called upon. If I may ask there is a petition on change.org I already moved to to the first page of this thread, is that from you(official)?
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by GEJPosterity: 10:23pm On Feb 01, 2016
Malawian:
Oga, pleaase start from the begining of the conspiracy.

The people who did the feasibility studies for the Steel plant advised the FB to site it in the region between Awka and Onitsha in Anambra state.

You have not told us how they latter moved it to Ajaokuta in the first place. Please start from the original conspiracy, lets move from there.

Thanks a lot.
Please don't tease us brother. Tell the story. Most of us genuinely do not know. Tell the full story so we can learn. Many of us are still learning about the country we live in day after day.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by NavierStokes(m): 10:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
harveyspec:

yes you do, i just modified it too

Okay already did,

Didn't put it on the original post though, cos i stood the risk of a ban and the thread deleted.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by kingdong(m): 10:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
Extreme heartache inducing piece.

The solid foundation for corruption was laid looooooooooooooooooong time ago and some of the earlier supervisors of the cancer and those that consolidated it are peacocking around as celebrated saints, moral crusaders and heroes.

The hydra headed corruption monster has become extremely powerful and will ruthlessly fight back any attempt to diminish its influence.

Q. What is the solution? What is the way forward to a successful prosperous Nigeria for all Nigerians??
A? Put Nigeria first, second, third in all things, and the will to fight even unto death to ensure it no matter whose interest is threatened or harmed.
But we can't succeed with a "maga don pay shout hallelujah" mentality!!?

No pain no gain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by chinchum(m): 11:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
Interesting expose, this discourse should take centre stage at least on social media for a while.
Is the Ajaokuta steel plant economically viable?
Does the plant have global competitveness in terms of optimal productivity?
If when completed , will the unit production cost be less than imported substitutes?
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by cooljade(f): 11:07pm On Feb 01, 2016
Thank you .

Yes its from me. I started the petition to draw the president's attention to Ajaokuta. As the petition ran (still runs) I commenced my research. I am actually surprised that out of 40 million active internet users in Nigeria, we only generated 500+ signatures. Like a commentator rightly asked earlier in this thread " why are our youths too quick to comment on topics irrelevant to their progress while an issue like this is walked past like it matters not".

Nigerians must realize that there are different forms of slavery. The most pathetic one is the slavery done by our own kind. Nigerians inhumanity to fellow Nigerians. I am not one to dwell too much in the past so I urge Nigerians to focus on now and the future.

As my findings led me to discover that the original builders of Ajaokuta have over the years written to past governments and got no response, why dont we invite them over to complete their works. Why did Dr. Fayemi to travel to Mexico (monday last week and returned friday) in search of investors in the solid mineral sector when an investor in his most important industry is waiting to help?

I love president Buhari and I believe he needs our support in guiding him ... even with a little proactive pressure. This message must get to the presidency. As I write, the Russian company is putting a letter of intent to the president. I intend to ensure it is delivered. I shall also make the letter available to the public. This administration promised an inclusive government. This means that we, the public must contribute in the policies and decisions as they affect us. How can a budget of 6 trillion not have 1 naira on the revival of Ajaokuta? What was all that " Ajaokuta is a priority" thing all about?

Nigerians are tired of being lied to. The press must not be used to build false hopes. We must hold the government accountable for every penny and every promise they make.

Thank you

NavierStokes:

Dear Madam,
I will be very happy to help in any way I can when called upon. If I may ask there is a petition on change.org I already moved to to the first page of this thread, is that from you(official)?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by lexia09(f): 11:22pm On Feb 01, 2016
I can't figure out now,it means something in your dialect?[/quote] Aja means market in igala while okuta means stone.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by mickey45: 11:29pm On Feb 01, 2016
duality:
ASCOL an investment gone wrong.

what did the Indians do there when they were there.
same thing they always do to Nigerians, make them poorer.....
they pay their staffs the lowest wages, add that to the poor working conditions and all. All because there's someone (usually the personnel manager) who has been paid big to keep silent.

Nigeria's Aluminium plant in Akwa-Ibom sufffered the same fate. all they did was to start cutting up the electrodes and facilities on ground.

Fear can also be a motive. you invest billions in Nigeria, you might be hard pressed to take detours to start raking in profits fast, not knowing what manner of government will succeed the incumbent and whether or not he'd like to continue his predecessor's work and they hardly do.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by kliverpool(m): 11:34pm On Feb 01, 2016
The failure of Ascl affected me directly.My dad was a contractor with Ascl and we moved to a town btw Okene and Ajaokuta called Adogo,with the hope that the project will be a success. But everything dried up payment was not made for work done and we were stranded in that small town. We became part of the community with huge land to farm and that was how we survived, Sad my dad passed away 1992 after falling ill in that town. We have along way to go in this country, we should not blame any but our self. The west did not want any developing country to succeed.But some managed to make it.We should do the same. The future of Nigeria is in our hand. Let's hope buhari get this and do something about it now that crude is not fetching us much. I could remember seeing PMB in that small town Agodo cos one small airstrip is located in that town.on his way to Ajaokuta. If fayemi is not doing much try and call the attention of the president to the matter.

3 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by adoyi81: 11:36pm On Feb 01, 2016
Hmmm,the Indians have taken over the steel industry in Nigeria.
I hope this administration will address this matter with the urgency it deserve.
The oil and gas industry is almost dead , its should be time for diversification of the economy.
Well OP,I salute your courage.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by mila1121(m): 11:45pm On Feb 01, 2016
I am a currently in my 400 level in esut studying metallurgical and materials engineering, for any country to be developed the steel ,iron and mining companies must be stable imagine when nigeria can produce steel use in car body,machine components ,even casting of several machine imagine the independenc,e imagine the millions of job created,from the mining of the iron ore to steel making ,rolling mill down to the finished machine ,the present government can fight to make nigeria one the strongest economy by just the ASCL we need to start from somewhere God bless nigeria imagine when nigeria can produce keke what is hidden in keke making ,nothing Indian come here they take our steel go there countries refine and produce steel and machine and ship back here and sell our steel as keke cars

2 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by foriz4u(m): 11:45pm On Feb 01, 2016
theV0ice:

But it was going to benefit all regions na?? Oshogbo, Warri, Jos, Kaduna all had steel plants that would have benefited from Ajaokuta while Enugu has coal that would have been used to run the trains.....All regions were supposed to benefit from these projects. This is aside the jobs that would have been created as a result so why didn't they let it work?

It's not tribalism alone comrade......There's something inherently evil in the Nigerian that makes him/her work to destroy his own people, community and nation so easily angry

traitors, haters, witchcraft, wizards n back stabbers within n outside the shores the shores of this land have polluted, distroy n killed the glory of fathers land to a no repair state.

no matter how strong an army is so long traitors r implanted within it will never win a war.

even prayers can't help any more because the land is polluted with so many blood that God can not withstand.
let's all just pray for the world to come to a quick ending y we all also get ready for judgment.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by NavierStokes(m): 11:54pm On Feb 01, 2016
cooljade:
Thank you .

Yes its from me. I started the petition to draw the president's attention to Ajaokuta. As the petition ran (still runs) I commenced my research. I am actually surprised that out of 40 million active internet users in Nigeria, we only generated 500+ signatures. Like a commentator rightly asked earlier in this thread " why are our youths too quick to comment on topics irrelevant to their progress while an issue like this is walked past like it matters not".

Nigerians must realize that there are different forms of slavery. The most pathetic one is the slavery done by our own kind. Nigerians inhumanity to fellow Nigerians. I am not one to dwell too much in the past so I urge Nigerians to focus on now and the future.

As my findings led me to discover that the original builders of Ajaokuta have over the years written to past governments and got no response, why dont we invite them over to complete their works. Why did Dr. Fayemi to travel to Mexico (monday last week and returned friday) in search of investors in the solid mineral sector when an investor in his most important industry is waiting to help?

I love president Buhari and I believe he needs our support in guiding him ... even with a little proactive pressure. This message must get to the presidency. As I write, the Russian company is putting a letter of intent to the president. I intend to ensure it is delivered. I shall also make the letter available to the public. This administration promised an inclusive government. This means that we, the public must contribute in the policies and decisions as they affect us. How can a budget of 6 trillion not have 1 naira on the revival of Ajaokuta? What was all that " Ajaokuta is a priority" thing all about?

Nigerians are tired of being lied to. The press must not be used to build false hopes. We must hold the government accountable for every penny and every promise they make.

Thank you

I believe your efforts in bringing this to the attention of the responsible individuals will yield good results with the commitment of each and everyone on nairaland and the social media in general. I do trust that everything will go on in the best possible way. Have a good night Madam and Godbless you and give you the strength to keep up the good work.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by holland002(m): 12:24am On Feb 02, 2016
The minister of Solid Minerals, Dr. Kayode Fayemi has said the President Muhammadu Buhari’s government is resolved to reviving the Ajaokuta steel company. The Minister made this statement following the dwindling oil revenue and the need to diversify the economy. He was at the Ajaokuta steel complex in Kogi State on an official visit to the company. He said the Buhari-led administration was approaching the company holistically to ensure that the steel complex works for the benefit of Nigerians. “I want to let you know that the president is very passionate about the Ajaokuta steel company. We will take a look at the company holistically with a view of making it work for the benefits of Nigerians. I’m here on a fact finding mission. I have read much about the steel complex and have been briefed by the sole administrator. We will make final decision on the complex which Nigerians would be happy about it. “We are looking at the entire steel complex. We are not going to segment the plant. We are told that the captive power plant, has been reactivated. After taking the one needed by the company, we will be happy if Kogi and its environs could benefit from the remaining megawatts,” Fayemi said.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by alex406(m): 12:45am On Feb 02, 2016
In 2013, after 6 years of heated negotiations at the ICC, the Jonathan’s administration successfully took back ASCL. GSHL also lost their $1B demand.
May God bless GEJ and his generation. He truly meant well for Nigeria. i pray PMB will continue where GEJ stopped so that this country can move forward and stop playing politics of APC agenda. As for the past leaders, i just cant blame God for giving us all these wicked, heartless and selfish leaders that have milked the nation dry, may the wrath of God visit them beyond human comprehension. And may God lift our nation again. Peace Nigeria.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by alex406(m): 12:47am On Feb 02, 2016
holland002:
The minister of Solid Minerals, Dr. Kayode
Fayemi has said the President Muhammadu
Buhari’s government is resolved to reviving the
Ajaokuta steel company.
The Minister made this statement following the
dwindling oil revenue and the need to diversify
the economy.
He was at the Ajaokuta steel complex in Kogi
State on an official visit to the company.
He said the Buhari-led administration was
approaching the company holistically to ensure
that the steel complex works for the benefit of
Nigerians.
“I want to let you know that the president is
very passionate about the Ajaokuta steel
company. We will take a look at the company
holistically with a view of making it work for the
benefits of Nigerians. I’m here on a fact finding
mission. I have read much about the steel
complex and have been briefed by the sole
administrator. We will make final decision on
the complex which Nigerians would be happy
about it.
“We are looking at the entire steel complex. We
are not going to segment the plant. We are told
that the captive power plant, has been
reactivated. After taking the one needed by the
company, we will be happy if Kogi and its
environs could benefit from the remaining
megawatts,” Fayemi said.
we need actions not just talk. We have been hearing same promises often and are tired of hearing. Action speaks louder than voice

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by jgatherer(m): 12:50am On Feb 02, 2016
Dexema:
beautiful piece! and this research was done by a woman? wow! I hope the researcher can get this piece to media houses that appreciate investigative journalism like Sahara reporters for widespread coverage.

Modified: someone help me, I'm having some sort of serious bile filled hatred for indians recently, am I xenophobic?

I guess I need help too, I generally have a problem with foreign nationals who come down here and treat us like we're privileged to be walking free...I don't entirely blame them though, when someone can still name a street after 'okotie eboh'
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by mickey45: 12:51am On Feb 02, 2016
angiography:
hmmm...I've worked for someone who earns big(billions) from this dilapidation called ASCL. undecided
He's not the only one a very popular entrepreneur here (perhaps the richest in the country) also fed fat off the derailment
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by mickey45: 1:04am On Feb 02, 2016
pcicero:
Can we walk the talk and start a petition to Fayemi?

The issue with Nigeria is still that square pegs are still put in round holes. Fayemi is an intelligent mind no doubt, but I really doubt his competence in that ministry.

Meaning well is not enough to make things work. In fact, that cliche "he means well" has become tiring to me.

We demand performance. This government should give priorities to the economy and stop grandstanding.

While I want looters prosecuted I believe that should not take all the attention of Buhari. Though I will advise that he institutes rules to mitigate such mindless pillaging of our commonwealth as experienced under GEJ.

I'm yet to be convinced that anything has changed in this country. Was it not last week that it was reported that APC stalwarts besieged Aso Rock to solicit funding for the party?
Thank God the president didn't yield like Jonah would. But for how long would he continue to ward off such mindless requests?
Fayemi can only do so much, I will be surprised if he achieves more than Sharafa Tunji Ishola (the then SSG) who OBJ fixed in that same portfolio (Despite reading Secretarial Studies at MAPOLY) to garner enough to fight stubborn-Daniel (OGD) in Ogun State (GEJ borrowed that leaf from him #Wike Minister of Education vs Amaechi#).
You hardly find real technocrats in politics these days and that's the shame, why? They hate the intrigues (lies, blood-letting etc) in it. Politics is a right-brained profession and always baffles logic, it follows almost no equations and we have enough examples in our history for testimony. most recent being Fayemi vs Ekiti people.
I hope he proves me wrong though, his future depends on it, so I hope he does.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by Rejoice777: 1:44am On Feb 02, 2016
Honestly! Nigerian leaders are evil in there generation, and they shall not know peace until they start to do that which is proper for d development of Nigeria and Nigerians. So shall it be AMEN.
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by mickey45: 1:57am On Feb 02, 2016
NavierStokes:

Saying that would imply that our leaders are brainless and without a mind of their own. I think the issue here are the "Esau's" who would gladly sell their pricest possessions for a plate of porridge.

tis not so much the Esau-ss per se....
I will only blame them for their short-sightedness and narrow-mindedness, that project was perfectly designed but failed from the word go.....
Why? Location! Location!! Location!!!
Same reason GEJ ordered LADOL and Samsung Heavy Industries to move project base down to Bayelsa.

The only thing in Itakpe is the ore itself.
A single rail moving ores down to the Furnace is a lot less dollar-draining than who-knows-how-many rail cans and ship containers moving other daily consumables (Coal, Limestone and Dolomite, and even Gas) from the ports and other centres up north.
Yar Adua (wanting to start from the logistics issues) awarded the contract to dredge The Niger's dredging while Deziani was trying to push the Nigerian Gas master-plan which had that very location as a priority. We all know what became of both projects.

While the blast furnace and supporting infrastructure hadn't been completed, the then government wanted to boast with the product ("full of personal vanity, with little sense of veracity"-Lugard) jumped (of course from bad advisers, IMF and co.) the stages and initiated sister mills in the three geopolitical zones (Osogbo, Delta and Kaduna).
The mills were on the design meant to receive feed-stock from the Blast Furnace.
On completing the mills, it was suggested (more like lobbied) that billets be imported to feed them whilst the blast furnace is on construction (Dangote and friends made a kill from here).
How do you then convince a stark illiterate (as the most of the leaders then were) of the need for a foundation, when he can already see a beautiful house standing? if not an illiterate (even if he can read and write), who ever agrees to pay for the building of a house, hoping to dig foundations later?
Had the blast furnace even been up, blooms and slabs will have have to be re-railed to the country's nerve-centers (Kaduna, Delta and Ibadan), increasing the OPEX.

Then came devaluation in the nation's currency and billet importation was no longer sustainable as the finished costs became almost at par with imported rods and steel sections/profiles.
So the there was no longer motivation and money to build the furnace any longer and when economics no longer favoured it, the mills also died their economically-natural deaths.

When the Indians came, Nigeria wasn't giving them any dime to invest with (as is the case with most of the Nation's JVs), getting a mill that size up will take a long time and money, so it'll take considerable time for them to reach profitability.
Whereas they have a new Technology (they're actually one of the bests at it) with which they could reduce the ores (albeit in fewer quantities) directly into almost pure Iron which can then be used for high quality steels without the expensive and almighty BF.

Moreover, Coal, Gas and thus energy are a lot closer to Delta steel than to Itakpe (the nearby seaport has served both for materials import and product outflow), hence their stripping Itakpe to develop and expand business in Delta steel instead of waiting for the govt. to dredge the Niger, complete the gas pipelines, and help complete the blast furnace which will almost never happen (ask the oil companies).
Then the next head of states may cancel the agreement anytime, despite their invested capital.
the shorter the time to profitability is, the better for the business.
I do not aim to rationalise their actions but to further point attention towards the very roots of the tree whose fruits we're all sad about.
BPE sold oshogbo steel mill (or rather what was left of it) to Dangote at a pittance some years ago and while the populace were salivating in the wait for new jobs, I hear he now parks his cement trailers there en-route to the north.

so blame your "leaders for always putting the cat before the horse) things wouldn't have been this bad if that man (Shagari/Gowon I think) hadn't commanded that the plant (against all conventional plant design wisdom) be sited in Kogi despite all explanations by experts in the project to the contrary. Hence my saying the project failed from its onset.

As for the "conpiracists", they knew what they were doing when they handed the nation over to a people who were the least enlightened at the time.
The same mentality birthed GMB's Kaduna Refinery and it same nepotism keeps holding the nation down ever since (e.g the latest PRESSID brouhaha).

embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by ceejaynwamalay(m): 2:52am On Feb 02, 2016
sunshine1974:
Nice one Natasha, I'm proud of u, will contact u via facebook.

Really PROUD of her! She is sooooo so patriotic! The kind of woman any man would be eager to have as a wife.
Ride on my dear sister! And may God bless you abundantly! Will also try to contact her on Facebook to render any assistance I can
in this urgent task of reviving Ajaokuta once and for all even if it means forming an association similar to the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG).

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

&

Long Live the Ajaokuta Steel Complex Limited!

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by Nobody: 3:19am On Feb 02, 2016
I see no reason why an in depth article like this which is for the good of the land and could engineer change for the good of all not constantly remain on front page and published in national dailies!
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by Allwility: 4:47am On Feb 02, 2016
Good work Natasha!! I'm waiting to hear what the FG has to say about this. I believe there's more to this than it meet the eyes. I'm also wondering why Sahara Reporters, LIB or any of our national dailies are yet to publish your article. Could it be there's another side to this story??

Just thinking aloud
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by sam79(m): 5:44am On Feb 02, 2016
Writer did a good job but he deliberately omitted certain facts n arguments regarding Ajaokua steel company. 1. The imf n international communities termed ASCL a white elephant project posting dat Nigeria lack d capability to operate/own - the IMF n world bank assertion above is true of Nigeria - we have not being able to operate small none integrated systems like refineries , fertilizer company or even run a simple adminstrative goverment. ASCL is thousands times more complex n require far more logistic/infrastruture like power - transport etc to operate which re none exsistance in nigeria. 2. The negative technical n political effect of backward integration concept applied in ASCL. Technically backward integration is not a negative phenomena but in Nigeria context it a massive disaster occassioned by poor leadership , unstable millitary regimes - etc. 3. TPE is state runned company under d socialist USSR thus political calculations both - local n international affect her business decsion too. Our leaders lack d political mindset required in the international stage to manage TPE. TPE also built n completed/commissioned : South Korea steel n Libya steel company- With Nigeria political limitations n technical ineffectiveness TPE was a wrong option for this project .

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by Dexema(m): 5:45am On Feb 02, 2016
word. we need serious history lessons because we don't seem to learn from the past,
Re: Ajaokuta Steel: Time To Break The Deadly Conspiracy Surrounding by Menzy86(m): 6:35am On Feb 02, 2016
tplacid:

Bro I have been reading your response to the comments he made about slavery and its psychological effect on us.

Please just do yourself a favor and read about African history.

Read books like 'The west and the rest of us'

'What's wrong with being black'

read about African leaders like Thomas Sanakra, Patrick Lumimba and the black operations of Americas CIA.

And for the record we Nigerians are not dull, backward or inferior....but neo-colonialism as affected this country's beyond your imagination.

Do some research brother, you can see a place in the article where the op stated that IMF and the west discouraged the development of the project with the support of the leaders who don't have our interest at heart.

Have you ever wondered why the west likes leaders like PMB, GEJ, Tinubu,IBB, OBJ and reject someone like MKO( who all Nigerians loved. For the record CIA was involved in his assassination).

Nothing seems as it looks bro.

look deep, read about African history, colonialism, pan Africanism. Read about white supremacy, apartheid and connect the dots bro.

Africa will rise with Nigeria as its economic and military base.

That's unstoppable and the whites are scared of the reality.
my brother I think it is amateurish for me to start brandishing my study width on nairaland and trust me, I am a serious student of history and a development scholar 4 a bit. Are we d only continent or people to have been colonized and our resources plundered? What happened to china, singapore, malaysia, india and all the asian countries who have in the last 50 years overtaken and developed? Weren't they colonized and bastardized and their development truncated by the west too? Why do Africans and especially Nigerians continue to sing this song? Are we the only country with diversity issues? Pls check the ethnic composition of Singapore and all the south-east asian countries that are championing the global south-south cooperation. Let me summarise thus for you my friend: diversities can NEVER be eliminated and realities are always constant. Anybody or nation that wants to develop MUST study history, learn from it and make sure the mistakes of history that brought stagnation are NOT repeated. In africa, we know history, learn the mistakes and continue REPEATING them and blaming others. If you read the write up I picked excerpts from that sparked this dialogue further, you will see where Lugard made reference to 'Asiatics' being at par with europeans. Isn't it showing today? that is my point. We like to shout out how we are of equal intellect with other races (which I absolutely agree) but do close to nothing to PROVE it. There is nothing worse than living in self denial and thats what I am trying to point out. Strategic reasoning is borne from the importance of people chart a course that gives them an identity. We still bicker about our identity and threaten others with annihilation because of thrivialities. I need to stop......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ladies Rescue Turtle At A Private Beach In Lagos, Sent It Back To The Sea / New Specie Of Pit Viper, Devil-Eyed Frog & Others Found In Bolivian Andes / Existence Of Aliens Could Be Proven In 28 DAYS -harvard Physicist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.