Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,506 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:46 PM

PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY (35528 Views)

Ibu Faith Graduates With Distinction In MSc From University Of Bedfordshire, UK / Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN / Nigerian Lady Bags 1st Class In BSc & Distinction In MSc Outside Nigeria(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Ezegozie(m): 1:09pm On Feb 01, 2016
It is harder to make firstclass in University than to make Distinction in Politechnics.
Here is my Mathematical Prove.

For University to make first class, you must get atleast 4.5 GPA out of possible 5.
That is 4.5/5

To make distinction in Politechnic, you must get atleast 3.5 GPA out of possible 4.
That is 3.5/4.

HENCE
4-------------3.5 (For Politechnics)

5/4 * 3.5 = 4.375 (Equivalent For University)

CONCLUSION
3.5/4 GPA (politechnic)
is equivalent
To 4.375/5 GPA (University)

But if you get 4.375 in University which is equivalent of 3.5 in politechnic, You will not make first class because what is needed from you is atleast 4.5GPA.

So with this mathematical prove above, I hereby conclude that its harder to make first class in university than to make distinction in Politechnics.

Hope you understand my Prove?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2016
I can't find any hypothesis here and honestly, you have no point. I can expatiate if you desire.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Basalt(m): 2:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
Logician:
I can't find any hypothesis here and honestly, you have no point. I can expatiate if you desire.

Olodo, your are not good in mathematics otherwise you would have seen that the prove conforms with the law of mathematics.

Equivalent of 4.5 out of 5 = 3.6 out of 4
Equivalent of 3.5 out of 4 = 4.375 out of 5
so the OP is 100% correct

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by jbreezy: 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
Mumu topic...sum polytechnics g.p iz 5 (e.g polyibadan)...nt all polytchnics operate an overall g.p of 4...and even nt all unis operate an overall g.p of 5, unibadan operates an overall g.p of 7...so delete yur post b4 Sango test his new thunder on yu

137 Likes 8 Shares

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Basalt(m): 2:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
jbreezy:
Mumu topic...sum polytechnics g.p iz 5 (e.g polyibadan)...nt all polytchnics operate an overall g.p of 4...and even nt all unis operate an overall g.p of 5, unibadan operates an overall g.p of 7...so delete yur post b4 Sango test his new thunder on yu

He meant the politechnic with maximum GP of 4 nothing more nothing less.
Apart from Unibadan and maybe Polybadan, no other school has that abnormal range of GP in Nigeria.
so na you sango go strike first no be the OP.
because I see the point he is making

30 Likes

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by jbreezy: 3:44pm On Feb 01, 2016
Basalt:

He meant the politechnic with maximum GP of 4 nothing more nothing less.
Apart from Unibadan and maybe Polybadan, no other school has that abnormal range of GP in Nigeria.
so na you sango go strike first no be the OP.
because I see the point he is making
e b lyk sey yur optical lens nidz servicing...cos d topic I can see here is "prove to show that making first class in uni is harder dan distinction in poly"....nt "prove to show dat making first class in sum unis is more harder dan makin distinction in sum polys"

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 01, 2016
Basalt:

Olodo, your are not good in mathematics otherwise you would have seen that the prove conforms with the law of mathematics.

Equivalent of 4.5 out of 5 = 3.6 out of 4
Equivalent of 3.5 out of 4 = 4.375 out of 5
so the OP is 100% correct

It hasn't degenerated to name calling sir.
Also, what do you mean by conforming with the law of mathematics? What is law of mathematics and what does it states?

7 Likes

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by leksy07(m): 4:37pm On Feb 01, 2016
which kind calculation is dis 1,,,, i am veri sure u didnt pass maths in ur WAEC

6 Likes

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Basalt(m): 4:58pm On Feb 01, 2016
leksy07:
which kind calculation is dis 1,,,, i am veri sure u didnt pass maths in ur WAEC

what is wrong with the maths?
Obviously you are not enlightened in the area of Mathematics to have faulted this simple calculation which an SS3 student can even get.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Ezegozie(m): 6:56am On Feb 11, 2016
leksy07:
Iti
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by izzy4shizzy(m): 11:26am On Mar 23, 2016
Nah,
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by justicejay(m): 11:26am On Mar 23, 2016
Poo.
Op this is poo.
I mean poo

1 Like

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Sirmuel1(m): 11:27am On Mar 23, 2016
Tell them grin
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by MaleoPearls(m): 11:27am On Mar 23, 2016
I hate it when I see this type of victimization.

Both are hard to get.

Besides,

You will succeed if you are destined to be successful.

PEACE

11 Likes

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by MadCow1: 11:27am On Mar 23, 2016
Its because of people like this OP that Polytechnic Graduates think they are equal to University Graduates.. angry angry angry angry

E no go better for the person wey build UNIBEN.. angry angry

8 Likes

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by DBossNG(m): 11:28am On Mar 23, 2016
Okay
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by emmanuelcrawler(m): 11:28am On Mar 23, 2016
Abeg I will begin to believe you if u can prove that bubu will not travel out again. If not ## Idontblivit##

1 Like

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by emeijeh(m): 11:28am On Mar 23, 2016
Ordinary Polytechnic....you cannot spell

#smh

29 Likes

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by 4nobody4every1: 11:29am On Mar 23, 2016
cool
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by boboLIL(m): 11:29am On Mar 23, 2016
Team 2nd class whether upper or lower na u sabi.....

7 Likes

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by pyxon(m): 11:29am On Mar 23, 2016
Like the way you proved yourself to be right. Not a guarantee to get a job though.

1 Like

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 23, 2016
As you can see.....the universities call it first class why polytechnics call it distinction.... So please don't compare..........do yhu have any other thinq to say mr Op? grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by eakenbor: 11:30am On Mar 23, 2016
[quo
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by OnankpaBa(m): 11:31am On Mar 23, 2016
ok
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by moscobabs(m): 11:31am On Mar 23, 2016
enough of all these comparisons pls

many First class and distinction graduates are at home without job.

besides grade doesn't guarantee u a success .

but Op Poly Ibadan overall GP is 5.0 do u have anything to say about that?

Which of the Nigeria universities u graduated from please .I can see the word "Polytechnic " is difficult for you and pls don't call it typo error

10 Likes

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by OnankpaBa(m): 11:31am On Mar 23, 2016
guy bewarn

[quote author=grcelover post=44031426][/quote]
Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by gbens2000(m): 11:32am On Mar 23, 2016
Pointless nonsense,wat is ur aim.inferiority complex or wat.y would this kind of post make fp,I really wonder wat these mods try to do sometimes.

3 Likes

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by Pavore9: 11:32am On Mar 23, 2016
The important thing is to be First Class in whatever endeavour you engage in after school!

2 Likes

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by olaezebala: 11:33am On Mar 23, 2016
dem don start this again. Mr Oga, I have OND,HND,BSC and MSC and guess what, as an IT guy, na my past project dem care about. I worked for two years with a firm before the HR asked for my certificates. Forget the "harder to get" war and move on.

2 Likes

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by femi4: 11:33am On Mar 23, 2016
Ezegozie:
It is harder more difficult to make firstclass in University than to make Distinction in Politechnics.
Here is my Mathematical Prove.

For University to make first class, you must get atleast 4.5 GPA out of possible 5.
That is 4.5/5

To make distinction in Politechnic, you must get atleast 3.5 GPA out of possible 4.
That is 3.5/4.

HENCE
4-------------3.5 (For Politechnics)

5/4 * 3.5 = 4.375 (Equivalent For University)

CONCLUSION
3.5/4 GPA (politechnic)
is equivalent
To 4.375/5 GPA (University)

But if you get 4.375 in University which is equivalent of 3.5 in politechnic, You will not make first class because what is needed from you is atleast 4.5GPA.

So with this mathematical prove above, I hereby conclude that its harder to make first class in university than to make distinction in Politechnics.

Hope you understand my Prove?

1 Like

Re: PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY by gbens2000(m): 11:34am On Mar 23, 2016
Mods I swear una they f up wella,if na to ban una don rush ban person.they are some things you look well b4 you push to fp.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dichotomy: HND Graduates Can’t Rise Above Grade Level 14 ― FG / 2015/2016 Federal Polytechnic Ede Post-utme/ Admission Thread / Fresh Benue State University Graduate Celebrates. People React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.