Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job (3527 Views)

With M.sc., I Desperately Need A Job. SOS!!! / Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by stevnwigw: 1:47pm On Feb 01, 2016
I have an M.Sc degree in Fisheries and Hydrobiology and on the 21th of Dec., 2015 got admitted to pursue A PhD also in Fisheries and Hydrobiology .pls can anyone help me get a job? my B.Sc is in zoology, thank you. 08165084255
Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by cloud7: 2:03pm On Feb 01, 2016
Try Lecturing job and you will be amazed at the progress you will make in your career, Most private ,state and federal universities, Polytechnics, Montechnics,Colleges of Education, research institutes will surely need your services

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by jostking: 3:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
Wow, dats great so many opportunities awaits you. Apply to all those new universities coming up they will definitely need you.
Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by stevnwigw: 3:43pm On Feb 01, 2016
jostking:
Wow, dats great so many opportunities awaits you. Apply to all those new universities coming up they will definitely need you.
pls where can i get one?
Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by CaptPlanet(m): 4:59pm On Feb 01, 2016
Dude! If you'll listen, you can apply in the school you're currently studying your phd for a lecturing position. Lecturers are paid well.

You can equally go into fish farming/crop on a large scale while you're at it. You're a goldmine but u don't know it yet.

1 Like

Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by dejianu: 6:26pm On Feb 01, 2016
How dere You ask such a question? You av Msc & purshuing your PHD and you dont knw which way to go... Who is going to help you if not you yourself, hmmmm

8 Likes

Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by Bishiie(m): 7:02pm On Feb 01, 2016
Attention pls !!!
Is there anybody or organisation on this platform that need the service of Farm Manager /Farm Supervisor /Attendant please kindly contact me via
Whatsapp: +234 705 780 3041
Bbm: 58C6B527
SMS/Call: 0803 096 9674
Thanks and enjoy the best of today.
Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by idu1(m): 7:04pm On Feb 01, 2016
stevnwigw:
pls where can i get one?
this your question is ridiculous. Throw away your papers and become a roadside carpenter.

You are not smart as an educated fellow.

Go to any private or state owned higher institution in nigeria and apply.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by autolearner: 7:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
dejianu:
How dere You ask such a question? You av Msc & purshuing your PHD and you dont knw which way to go... Who is going to help you if not you yourself, hmmmm

Thank you!
@OP, If You are pursing a course to it's Doctoral Level and you do not have an idea of what it is you want to do, TBH, Something Major is missing. Check Within.
Save your SIWES & NYSC Sir/Ma, did you at any point get any other substantial job experience?
Well, not to burst the bubble, but then, you're streamlined to Research and Education! Your opportunities lies therein.
With your level of supposed education, harnessing them shouldn't be hard i think.

4 Likes

Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by stevnwigw: 7:41pm On Feb 01, 2016
idu1:
this your question is ridiculous. Throw away your papers and become a roadside carpenter.

You are not smart as an educated fellow.

Go to any private or state owned higher institution in nigeria and apply.....
ok thanks.
Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by knarphie1(f): 8:27pm On Feb 01, 2016
stevnwigw:
I have an M.Sc degree in Fisheries and Hydrobiology and on the 21th of Dec., 2015 got admitted to pursue A PhD also in Fisheries and Hydrobiology .pls can anyone help me get a job? my B.Sc is in zoology, thank you. 08165084255
It is well. I tink a career in academics or research should be d best for U. Wt uni did u finish from(masters)??. I have a friend that wants tu obtain his masters form.
Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by 0955eb027(m): 10:06pm On Feb 01, 2016
U guys tink its dat easy to get a lècturing job.. In al d 5yrs i spent as an undergraduate n postgraduate stdnt, my dept neva retained 1 1st class graduate... I gat friends (1st class graduates) dat re M.Sc holders , xtremly brilliant nd re willing to pursue dia careers in academics.. Ordinary Graduate Assistant, skool no gri give.. @op ur best bet s d north so i heard o, dat 1 has got a gud chance of getin a lecturin job up dere.

1 Like

Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by Orjillala: 10:07pm On Feb 01, 2016
jostking:
u think it's dat easy?
Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by Orjillala: 10:18pm On Feb 01, 2016
stevnwigw:
Tnx for creating this thread. Our predicaments are quite similar. I hv a B.Sc in Botany,an M.Sc in Agronomy and started a Ph.D in Plant breeding and genetics in 2014. Sincerely, I hv no job but some persons might find it difficult to undstnd this. Anybody dat can help shuld contact me at orjilla@gmail.com. Tnx.
Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by stevnwigw: 10:21pm On Feb 01, 2016
0955eb027:
U guys tink its dat easy to get a lècturing job.. In al d 5yrs i spent as an undergraduate n postgraduate stdnt, my dept neva retained 1 1st class graduate... I gat friends (1st class graduates) dat re M.Sc holders , xtremly brilliant nd re willing to pursue dia careers in academics.. Ordinary Graduate Assistant, skool no gri give.. @op ur best bet s d north so i heard o, dat 1 has got a gud chance of getin a lecturin job up dere.
you re right ,it seems difficult now to get lecturing job with M.Sc., that's why one has to study up to PhD. someone once told me that there is space at the top.
Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by wordcat(m): 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2016
So you're packing all these qualification just to look for job?
Why can't you create a job in a field you hold a Doctorate Degree?

1 Like

Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by stevnwigw: 10:28pm On Feb 01, 2016
knarphie1:

It is well. I tink a career in academics or research should be d best for U. Wt uni did u finish from(masters)??. I have a friend that wants tu obtain his masters form.
Imo State University Owerri.
Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by LKO(m): 10:28pm On Feb 01, 2016
0955eb027:

Many thanks for saying the obvious. Lecturing jobs do not come by easily if u don't have the right contact to help u out. In my state (Delta), for instance, u can't get a lecturing job in the state uni or the three owned state poly without a recommendation letter from govt house no matter how fascinating ur resume is or ur academic achievements. This is a fact. U must come through govt house or the governing board of the institution. How many of us have access to big politicians to enjoy this privilege?

My four friends who are lecturing in different higher institutions in Delta today, never went through appropriate recruitment process, just a letter from govt house and they were employed, it's now they are running their PG programmes, they didn't graduate with first class o.

Go to this schools to submit applications, they would tell u they are not employing or the Secretary in the registrar's office would kindly collect ur envelope from u, but be rest assured that nothing for u if there is no letter from govt house accompanying that application.

May God help us.
Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by stevnwigw: 10:31pm On Feb 01, 2016
wordcat:
So you're packing all these qualification just to look for job?

Why can't you create a job in a field you hold a Doctorate Degree?
I have that in mind.
Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by Mekyno(m): 4:11am On Feb 02, 2016
stevnwigw:
I have that in mind.
luk for firms, research institutes and lecturing jobs in ur field and send in ur applicatn (weda dey recruiting or not).
Did u apply at d jst closed Akwa-ibom state univ. Advert?
Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by Toakins: 9:13am On Feb 02, 2016
I am also in your shoes o..
I have a BSc, MSc and about picking up the form for my PhD.
My supervisor wants me back but he advised I get a Job too.. Gone are the days when you can use ur Msc to lecture for years in some schools before deciding to go for phD.
I was a teaching assistant during my masters program and that was it..They hardly retain o...even if it's first class or distinction. I have friends that are lecturing in colleges, polytechnics who got there by connections.
Recently a friend bragged about awaiting his appointment letter because of his state/connections... it's the same Delta state sef.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 02, 2016
stevnwigw:

my brother if you have the means to spend so much on furthering your education when you've not gotten a job with your first degree, then you don't need any job... Reading and writing exams should serve you as one. in fact come work for my poultry farm wey dey my backyard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by stevnwigw: 4:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
Mekyno:

luk for firms, research institutes and lecturing jobs in ur field and send in ur applicatn (weda dey recruiting or not).
Did u apply at d jst closed Akwa-ibom state univ. Advert?
yes i did.
Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by Mekyno(m): 6:53pm On Feb 02, 2016
stevnwigw:
yes i did.
ok, gudluk. Put God first, He never fails.
Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by stevnwigw: 8:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
Mekyno:
ok, gudluk. Put God first, He never fails.
yes he never fails.
Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by 4nobody4every1: 10:23pm On Feb 02, 2016
It is well cool
Re: Have M.sc And Currently In Phd Can Anyone Get Me A Job by emmahoney(m): 1:29am On Feb 03, 2016
To those of you lambasting the OP, you should do your research well and know the situation we all found ourselves in this part of the world. It is the survival of the fittest. Even a Ph.D. does not guarantee job in the Nigeria of today. I know some Ph.D. holders who are jobless. I hope that you can now understand the predicament of the OP and many of us. Remain blessed...

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Direction Please! From Ikorodu To Shippers' Tower Apapa (dragnet Limited) / Direct Sale Representative Job With Standard Chartered Bank / CV Refinement (Samples Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.