Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,535 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:01 PM

''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church (55052 Views)

Father Mbaka Attacks Buhari: 'Disaster Is Coming, Angels Warming Up For You' / Father Mbaka’s Curse On Bishop Obinna And Okorocha Has Come To Pass / Father Mbaka: "Why Atiku Should Be President Of Nigeria In 2019" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by awoluyi(m): 3:46pm On Feb 01, 2016
If Fr Mbaka is truly called and sincerely working for God; I see God's hand in his transfer and within the year he will become an international figure. His perceived "adversaries" are actually working to bring about God's programs for his life. He should remain steadfast!

1 Like

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by blizz84(m): 3:48pm On Feb 01, 2016
na so
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
I dont get d part "I ll suffer" is he prophesying suffering into his life? A real spititual man doesnt confess negative.

1 Like

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
tolexy007:
i dont think Catholic Church owe anybody explanation on Rev Mbaka transfer, he is a Priest and he can be transfer at anytime just like every other Priests, Plpp should not put Politics into this...

What other explanation do u want. Wat has happend is the church routine exercise. No religion z as structured as the Catholic Church.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by mycar: 3:56pm On Feb 01, 2016
Is it not in the same Enugu? while he would be far to some people, he is now closer to many others. Just like tenancy, you are bound to move out one day, no need to plant flowers for long time benefit.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by tranxo(m): 4:14pm On Feb 01, 2016
marykaydee:

God bless you. Just pulled the words right out of my mouth and even more. Very ridiculous post
God bless you too

1 Like

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by henryutd(m): 4:18pm On Feb 01, 2016
Vanquay:
Nothing new here.

Politics in Church, these are the same Fools that extort "offerings" from Brainless Sheep lipsrsealed

Just a Priest that fvcks Boys and dines with politicians. wailing over his misfortune.

If not the Catholic church is the Church of Satan, he would have been dismissed from priesthood.

How do you know about this?
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by charlsecy(m): 4:18pm On Feb 01, 2016
okeyglm:
shame fr. madu for 20yrs you didnt find him worthy to be transfered.
There is always a first time.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by vislabraye(m): 4:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
tolexy007:
i dont think Catholic Church owe anybody explanation on Rev Mbaka transfer, he is a Priest and he can be transfer at anytime just like every other Priests, Plpp should not put Politics into this...

I definitely agree with you.

1 Like

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by kingsfield(m): 4:30pm On Feb 01, 2016
tolexy007:
May the blessings of God that maketh rich
and added no sorrow be your portion this month
and beyond.
Welcome to February

Remain favoured!!!
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by DGudman(m): 4:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
I can't judge my fellow human being or get judged by others.let the will of God be our faith.why fr mbaka was transferred was best known by the most high and never politics in the church or following the doctrines of the church as some people may say..Some people with their naughty nature will be busy saying some rubbish here on issues that never call for their attention employing more drastic problems to their various life. Be mindful because whatever you say or do live to die in u.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by InvertedHammer: 4:44pm On Feb 01, 2016
/
Fr. Mbaka should have seen this coming.

If all the disciples and apostles were persecuted...

If Christ himself was nailed to the cross for speaking against Rome and Pontius Pilate....

What makes him think he can speak the truth and be spared in the land of hypocrisy called Nigeria?

/
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by collinsVP: 4:59pm On Feb 01, 2016
tranxo:

So a mere priest, a common mortal is now bigger than a house of God? How "big" was Mbaka when he started? How "big" was Christ the King parish when Mbaka came? Jesus is the greatest priest; every priest claims to emulate Him but most put comfort first. The essence of posting a "big" priest to a "small" parish should be seen as a blessing because the turnaround of that parish will be explosive. What impact will Mbaka have in a place like Holy Ghost Cathedral?

Christ the King parish seem to have become so comfortable that there was nothing more to innovate. The free time has made him dabble into areas that conflict with his priestly calling. The new "small" parish will surely change his focus and remind him of his primary responsibility because enough work go full ground to keep him busy

Time to start another phase of planting is here.

My post does not in any way equate Mbaka to the priest of priests ( Jesus christ). You should understand the indices of measuring STATUS in Christendom, if popularity and level of followership you command. Am not talking of status within the context of the hierarchy of priesthood in the catholic church.

Remember i said that, the new parish where he is posted was my parish, therefore, i can tell you that, there is nothing material left to be done in that parish. the parish has no enough space for parking, much less erecting any form of structure. it is surrounded by residential houses and btween the parish and a government primary school, is a street road, in front is a major road to Rehab center, Adoration ministry, Caritas uni, Upper Room Ministry. Hence your assumptions do not apply.

His presence there will cause unprecedented traffic hold ups and worshipers will also be jam-packed due to lack of space.

have a nice day
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by tranxo(m): 5:09pm On Feb 01, 2016
collinsVP:

My post does not in any way equate Mbaka to the priest of priests ( Jesus christ). You should understand the indices of measuring STATUS in Christendom, if popularity and level of followership you command. Am not talking of status within the context of the hierarchy of priesthood in the catholic church.

Remember i said that, the new parish where he is posted was my parish, therefore, i can tell you that, there is nothing material left to be done in that parish. the parish has no enough space for parking, much less erecting any form of structure. it is surrounded by residential houses and btween the parish and a government primary school, is a street road, in front is a major road to Rehab center, Adoration ministry, Caritas uni, Upper Room Ministry. Hence your assumptions do not apply.

His presence there will cause unprecedented traffic hold ups and worshipers will also be jam-packed due to lack of space.

have a nice day
The essence of priesthood is saving souls and not erecting structures. A parish with gigantic structures, and docile congregation is a small church. Nobody can equate with Jesus but if we claim to emulate Him, then people should truly see MOST of His character in us.

In Christianity, ALL are equal before God, because ALL have sinned and fallen short of His Glory.

Emene is densely populated. He is in a better environment to win souls for God.

Bro, this is a spiritual topic, not a carnal one.

1 Like

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by collinsVP: 5:26pm On Feb 01, 2016
tranxo:
The essence of priesthood is saving souls and not erecting structures. A parish with gigantic structures, and docile congregation is a small church. Nobody can equate with Jesus but if we claim to emulate Him, then people should truly see MOST of His character in us.

In Christianity, ALL are equal before God, because ALL have sinned and fallen short of His Glory.

Thanks for your time.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by toggy: 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2016
"I am going to suffer and suffer; I know that. I’m going to suffer because I have no place to put my head. I am going to suffer because I have no place to keep the Adoration Ministry’s assets. I know I’m going to suffer.”

i can't believe this statement is coming from a priest! i don't even understand him... you are going to suffer? you have forgotten that you are in the catholic church, and the catholic church made you what you are today. your ministry, and your person. The church is not your own. your loyalty should totally be for the church and please don't personalize things because you are a priest in the catholic church, the church belongs to the faithful you are just a shepherd in the vineyard. As a matter of fact wherever you are posted, it is a privileged to extend your missionary work for the growth of the church and the nation. so why are you saying you will suffer.. Remember a priest has been in your new location he is also a human being like you. if you have the mind to suffer. God and suffer, after all, Jesus suffer death and was buried because of my sin and yours. Father, please remember you are a priest! thanks.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by JewelRegi(f): 5:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
tolexy007:

My brother, thank u joor
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by nkkystel(f): 5:41pm On Feb 01, 2016
Why complain? If truly he's working for God.

1 Like

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by joey150(m): 5:46pm On Feb 01, 2016
Vanquay:
Nothing new here.

Politics in Church, these are the same Fools that extort "offerings" from Brainless Sheep lipsrsealed

Just a Priest that fvcks Boys and dines with politicians. wailing over his misfortune.

If not the Catholic church is the Church of Satan, he would have been dismissed from priesthood.
how come i never understand any of your comments? Tot it was just me, so i showed some others. Safe to say your a retard..
But then, I'll need to know to what extent!
If your really in the u.s then you must be giving blacks a bad name
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by maxwellchibueze(m): 6:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
What's is our bizness with what ever parish he is sent to,he is a missionary and nothing else

1 Like

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Nyceguy92: 6:12pm On Feb 01, 2016
[quote author=PhockPhockMan post=42521607]

Catholic priests are expected to await transfers at any moment to any parish, big or small.
These are usually where they are most needed.

They are not to question such transfers.
Big parishes were once small; some priests built them up.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by number75(m): 6:14pm On Feb 01, 2016
Tokt:
Ohaneze and lovers of Jonah-daft have bought over the bishop of the diocese. Not to worry priest, u will see the downfall of ur enemies.
don't always wash your dirty linens in d public
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by olalat(m): 6:51pm On Feb 01, 2016
U just succeeded in writing loads of gibberish up there.
Akathriel:
My fellow Nairalanders; Pls let us forget about Father Mbaka for now & let's review this “packaged fraud” called change.

President Buhari is bent on sinking this ship called Nigeria by trying to deliberately frustrate the masses that voted him into power.

Now, I have no problem with any of Buhari's reform as long as it within the ambit of the law and in accordance with the constitutional rules & regulations but when the f.ucking vacuous & inebriated President that I stood up for in his trying times now turns around by whipping up some stupid economic sentiments, thereby making me the direct target of his entirely useless policies, then I won't give a f.uck whether Nigeria goes up in flame or goes 20years backward.

Now, I have concluded that Buhari & his cabinet members are mentally unstable and are not fit to govern us.

The N65 withdrawal charge on transactions done by a card holder on another bank's ATM has been nothing short of robbery in daylight.

I have been using other bank's ATM just to avoid the long queues at GTBank but nowadays, I have noticed that the moment I make my withdrawals from other Bank's ATM - Fiam! N65 don commot instantly!

The CBN circular states that the first 3 withdrawals on other Bank's ATM would be free and the charges would start counting from the 4th withdrawal but this is a f.ucking lie as the charges are now being deducted even in the 1st attempt.

N65 maybe nothing to me, but Y must I bear the brunt of the anti-corruption crusade? Y can't you promulgate a bill that will ensure that all serving senators, ministers, governors, house of rep members & local government chairmen pay 50% of their salaries & allowances into the government treasury rather than frustrating the average citizen who could barely feed on 3square meals a day. How can you instill discipline in the masses when you have no iota of truth & discipline within you?

1st, subsidy was removed and we're still buying fuel at N86.50 instead of N40.

2nd, a N50 nonsense duty stamp is being deducted from my account in the name of raising revenues for this fraudulent government.

And now this N65 issue that was already cancelled by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

Maybe I should have just supported Ebele Jonathan in looting Nigeria to a stand-still because I don't see any difference between him & Buhari.

I don't give a flying f.uck whether Buhari means well for Nigeria or not as long as I'm being stolen from under the pretence of fighting corruption.

If Godwin Emefiele is not fired for this brazing act of impunity & fraud, with the charges adjusted back to the CBN's circular or even cancelled outrightly, then Buhari is no different from Sambo Dasuki and will be booted out the way he was kicked out in 1985 - nonsense!

CC: TonyeBarcanista, Mizmycoli & Beremx.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by TalkingBird: 7:30pm On Feb 01, 2016
Rev. chapter 18 vs 2 to 4.

That is why in one hour her judgement will come.

Political elements of the earth will turn against her and destroy her.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by stalinho(m): 8:10pm On Feb 01, 2016
keyzid:
But why is the transfer of father Mbaka generating so much noise? what business do we have with that... embarassed Misplaced priority. Mtchewww
you go live long.
this shouldn't be a topic
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by kenyguy(m): 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
Ok
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by efficiencie(m): 8:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
PhockPhockMan:

The Catholic Church on Monday clarified the recent transfer of Father Ejike Mbaka, saying the controversial priest was merely being sent to where he would be more useful to the church.
In its first reaction since the controversy over the transfer broke, the church church said the posting was not meant to be punitive.
In an exclusive interview with PREMIUM TIMES Monday, the Secretary-General of the Catholic Secretar‎iat of Nigeria, Reverend Father Ralph Madu said transfer of priests within the catholic church is a “normal church procedure.”
“Mbaka’s own is not an exception,” Mr. Madu said. 1 “The Bishop has the right to post any priest wherever he feels his service would be more useful to the church.”
Public criticisms had greeted the Enugu Diocese’s recent decision to transfer Mr. Mbaka out of Christ the King Parish‎, GRA, where he had served for over a decade and had established a popular prayer ministry, the Adoration Prayer Ministry.
Mr. Mbaka is to resume immediately at his new post at the Our Lady Parish, Emene...
“If he (Mbaka) says it’s a punishment, then it’s open for further investigation. Posting is a regular thing, a priest can be transferred after two, three, four, or more years, 2 it depends on the discretion of the Bishop.
3 “That ministry (Adoration Ministry) is his private ministry, it does not belong to the church. Overseeing a parish is a full time job. Overseeing a ministry is a bigger task. If the church decides to take him somewhere where he’ll have more time to carry out his ministry, how is it punitive? That should not be the language.”
4 Mr. Madu said Mr. Mbaka had done things that were unacceptable to the church in the past but received no punishments for them. “He is supposed to be a missionary,” Mr. Madu said. 5 “What if the Bishop had closed down the ministry‎, which is within his power to do? Sometimes, transfers can be for the good of the priest as something can be going wrong which he might not be aware of. 6 The Bishop is free to move any priest at any time, it is his prerogative.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/197788-exclusive-transferred-father-mbaka-catholic-church.html

1. Wow, the Bishop has the right...Eeerrrmmm last time i checked it was the Spirit of God that had that right! (Acts 13:2) The Bishop has taken the place of the Holy Ghost and has now become the person with the right to direct and re-direct the ministry.

2. What! The Bishop's discretion? Wait so the Catholic ministry is subject to the whims and caprice of one man...Outstanding!!!

3. Chai!!! A ministry that has rescued thousands, proven the might of the LORD GOD, set the darkness to flight and been a succor to the weak is PRIVATE MINISTRY AND DOES NOT BELONG TO THE CHURCH...Then what is the church, the BISHOP'S PRIVATE PROPERTY?

4. Wait o!!!!, If a person errs, is he not to be punished? If the Father had erred then why raise it now as a means of blackmail. Why wasn't punitive measures advanced against him then? Did Mr Madu ordain Fr Mbaka? Did Mr Madu call Fr Mbaka into the ministry to be able to determine what the Fr should be or should not have been?

5. Wow!!! This is reminiscent of the Catholics of old! Killing those who attempted to spread the gospel by writing them in foreign languages (Tyndale was a martyr like this) and deciding that it is crime for anyone to study the scriptures other than the priest! So now the Bishop has the right and power to CLOSE DOWN A WHOLE MINISTRY!!! WOOOOOOOW!!!

6. The choice of words, PREROGATIVE, RIGHT, POWER and DISCRETION all sum up that the Bishop must be in the place of God himself!

Sadly this is the case in many of our so called churches...may the GROOM, who is witnessing all of these happening to his BRIDE, be merciful to his REMNANT and help them stand in sad times like this!
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by efficiencie(m): 8:29pm On Feb 01, 2016
toggy:
"I am going to suffer and suffer; I know that. I’m going to suffer because I have no place to put my head. I am going to suffer because I have no place to keep the Adoration Ministry’s assets. I know I’m going to suffer.”

i can't believe this statement is coming from a priest! i don't even understand him... you are going to suffer? 1 you have forgotten that you are in the catholic church, and the catholic church made you what you are today. your ministry, and your person. The church is not your own. your loyalty should totally be for the church and please don't personalize things because you are a priest in the catholic church, the church belongs to the faithful you are just a shepherd in the vineyard. As a matter of fact wherever you are posted, it is a privileged to extend your missionary work for the growth of the church and the nation. so why are you saying you will suffer.. Remember a priest has been in your new location he is also a human being like you. if you have the mind to suffer. God and suffer, after all, Jesus suffer death and was buried because of my sin and yours. Father, please remember you are a priest! thanks.

WHAT NONSENSE...I have been hearing NONSENSE IN MY LIFE this one vastly makes the others I have heard very sensible...You dare say the church made a priest who he is? So without the church the priest will never be? The Catholic finally has a priest capable of drawing power from the throne room of God and you are here mouthing off crap about the church making him who he is! Where other parishes are lifeless agglomeration of persons with divergent interests, this man paid the price, rose through the ranks and brought the might and power of God to the Catholic church and yet they claim that his ministry is private ministry...What blasphemy!!!

Well I am not surprised! Let them kick him out...If he branches out of the Catholic it would be for good! He'll draw out thousands upon thousands because people today are not looking for a 6 o clock mass where demons are dancing makosa and shoki in people's life rather people are looking for the DEMONSTRATION OF SPIRIT AND POWER (1Corinthians 2:4) and Fr Mbaka has got the stuff...
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by efficiencie(m): 8:36pm On Feb 01, 2016
tranxo:

I can tell you that the authority of the Catholic are afraid of the Fr's ascension to greater realms of power...do you know the amount of spiritual investment required to raise a church from a lifeless state to one that scares demons, delivers the captive and saves the lost? If the Catholic authority really appreciate the growth of the work of God in the life of the Rev Fr they would have worked out modalities for the expansion of the Adoration Ministry from where it started...the most annoying thing that indicted the so called Mr Madu is asserting that the ministry IS A PRIVATE MINISTRY...What NONSENSE! Because the ministry is growing by leaps and bounds but their is lifeless and they cannot pay the requisite price which the likes of Fr Mbaka paid to get to where he is today...
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by ifeanyiokolo: 8:38pm On Feb 01, 2016
Brianpat:
I don't know why the transfer of fr. Mbaka is raising controversy. The Catholic Church belongs to no body and to every body. A priest is subject to his bishop ♗ who has the power to post or retain a priest.
. Mum Where Are dey since twenty yrs ago?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyedepo Reacts To Femi Adesina's "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" / Apostle Johnson Suleman Celebrates His Birthday In Washington D.C (Photos) / Coronavirus And 5G: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Addresses Conspiracy Theory (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.