Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,358 members, 7,808,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Where Is He Getting It Wrong - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where Is He Getting It Wrong (837 Views)

Sultan Of Sokoto Got It Wrong, Justice Aloma And Bukalchuwa Didn't Wear Hijab PI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is He Getting It Wrong by playdude(m): 3:43pm On Feb 01, 2016
Good day people. It happened that I finished my NYSC July last year. I already had a job waiting for me; in fact I was already with the organization as at June 2015. For the records, even if I don’t know all things, I know myself. I am smart, intelligent, focused and hardworking. I came out with a 2.1 in Economics in a public university although most of my peeps thought I was going to make a first class.
I was working with a music agency (yeah cos I resigned December 2015), and that was the agency that offered me a job even while I was still serving. I was making close to 70k while I was still with the organization. My musical history quickly; I can play 5 musical instruments including the piano, been playing the piano for almost a decade now, and yeah I had my silver jubilee last year. If you are into music, you know that is no mean feat. I am musically gifted in short.
I resigned cos I wanted to venture into the finance/accounting sector, I love music but I want to be a financial guru, I love economics, calculations, raking my head for solutions whereas in music imagination and talent is often used.
I started submitting applications after pimping my CV this January, I haven’t even gotten called up once since the beginning of the year, I can’t imagine not getting a test invitation not to talk of an interview. I know I am a master at scaling interviews. I can super research the life out of the dead, I have had two interviews; the first was with the music agency, while the second was stalled cos my expected salary was too high for them. I know I am trainable and teachable. I have the ability to learn things super fast. I am IT proficient, have joined Linkedln, been applying to jobs every day since January this year, and not one single call up except those scammers. I have to admit, I have no experience at all in any finance/accounting oriented firm and most firms in Nigeria are experience crazy but I cant phantom the thought of not even getting called up for a test after submitting roughly 15 applications in January alone. I am still making close to 30 k per month cos I play for churches on Sundays but I am mad at myself and its almost beginning to get at my self confidence. How on earth can I get a finance/accounting related job that requires fresh trainable brains in Nigeria as soon as possible? Performance is not the problem cos I know I am an achiever and a goal getter but I seem to be losing it on this one. I imagined that I should have gotten a job by this month, but not even a test invite/interview. I can’t comprehend how those who have been unemployed for years live seriously. I need a job guys. I am eager to prove my mettle, make a name for myself and deliver excellence on the job I can get. Where did I go wrong and something tells me that there is someone out there looking for my kind of personality that can get me a job in any of the sector I listed. Please advise this dude or help if you can in the spirit of the new month. Thanks for taking your time to read. Cheers. Email; akine4ever@yahoo.com
Cc Jarus
Cc other career/financial gurus
Cc lalasticlala
Re: Where Is He Getting It Wrong by playdude(m): 3:45pm On Feb 01, 2016
Pls do ignore my grammatical omissions...tanks
Re: Where Is He Getting It Wrong by pet4ril(f): 4:42pm On Feb 01, 2016
Bros...... Your own no be here oooo
But i pray you get that dream job of yours in no distant time by Gods grace
Re: Where Is He Getting It Wrong by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 02, 2016
playdude:
Good day people. It happened that I finished my NYSC July last year. I already had a job waiting for me; in fact I was already with the organization as at June 2015. For the records, even if I don’t know all things, I know myself. I am smart, intelligent, focused and hardworking. I came out with a 2.1 in Economics in a public university although most of my peeps thought I was going to make a first class.
I was working with a music agency (yeah cos I resigned December 2015), and that was the agency that offered me a job even while I was still serving. I was making close to 70k while I was still with the organization. My musical history quickly; I can play 5 musical instruments including the piano, been playing the piano for almost a decade now, and yeah I had my silver jubilee last year. If you are into music, you know that is no mean feat. I am musically gifted in short.
I resigned cos I wanted to venture into the finance/accounting sector, I love music but I want to be a financial guru, I love economics, calculations, raking my head for solutions whereas in music imagination and talent is often used.
I started submitting applications after pimping my CV this January, I haven’t even gotten called up once since the beginning of the year, I can’t imagine not getting a test invitation not to talk of an interview. I know I am a master at scaling interviews. I can super research the life out of the dead, I have had two interviews; the first was with the music agency, while the second was stalled cos my expected salary was too high for them. I know I am trainable and teachable. I have the ability to learn things super fast. I am IT proficient, have joined Linkedln, been applying to jobs every day since January this year, and not one single call up except those scammers. I have to admit, I have no experience at all in any finance/accounting oriented firm and most firms in Nigeria are experience crazy but I cant phantom the thought of not even getting called up for a test after submitting roughly 15 applications in January alone. I am still making close to 30 k per month cos I play for churches on Sundays but I am mad at myself and its almost beginning to get at my self confidence. How on earth can I get a finance/accounting related job that requires fresh trainable brains in Nigeria as soon as possible? Performance is not the problem cos I know I am an achiever and a goal getter but I seem to be losing it on this one. I imagined that I should have gotten a job by this month, but not even a test invite/interview. I can’t comprehend how those who have been unemployed for years live seriously. I need a job guys. I am eager to prove my mettle, make a name for myself and deliver excellence on the job I can get. Where did I go wrong and something tells me that there is someone out there looking for my kind of personality that can get me a job in any of the sector I listed. Please advise this dude or help if you can in the spirit of the new month. Thanks for taking your time to read. Cheers. Email; akine4ever@yahoo.com
Cc Jarus
Cc other career/financial gurus
Cc lalasticlala

You started applying at the beginning of this year. That's like 30 days ago. It's not bad yet. Job doesn't come that easy for anyone no matter the qualifications. Compnaies don't recruit because someone needs job, it's because they need someone.

You're 25. Throw your CV to PwC, KPMG etc. One of them is currently recruiting, I think.

And their recruitment process may take as much as 6 months.
Re: Where Is He Getting It Wrong by An0nimus: 8:25am On Feb 03, 2016
You've been applying jobs since January this year?
Wow, impressive (-__-)

(1) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Sacks 400 Staff / Oh Dear! See What Was Written About President Buhari's Daughter. (pics Inside) / Advice For Settling With A 2.2 CGPA And Masters In Canada, USA Or Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.