Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

The Blackmail Of A Black Day. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Blackmail Of A Black Day. (941 Views)

The Blackmail Series / THE BLACKMAIL / Incredible!! Brian_mich A Black?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Blackmail Of A Black Day. by RemenZack(f): 3:46pm On Feb 01, 2016
P.S - www.remenzack.com is thoroughly responsible for any of her posts linked here on Nairaland.

It was a cogent evening to have a fun time with her friends at the newly opened Bar and Club, fit for revelling and other razz-ma-tazz activities but Sophie was simply staying solitude in the Dorm she shared with her Best friend, Anita.

The squad had planned for so long to go out and about that evening, drinking, eating and dancing the night away. But Sophie decided to stay back in the Dorm and listen to cool jams from the Radio reverberate and cloud her head for long minutes and eventually hours.

Anita was out shortly with the Crew until she returned, looking moody and vapid. She met her Best friend damp in her own tears, crying loudly like a clamouring toddler.

"Sophs, what's wrong with you? Why are you crying?" Anita asked, her face etched in worry and concern. All Sophie could do was cry and cry, as tears flooded her face, a few of the droplets dripping into her wide open mouth.

"I'm finished. I'm gone, Anita!" Sophie managed to say.

"What do you mean? What happened, Sophie?" Anita asked yet again but she wasn't so sure she would get an answer.

That was when Sophie handed the Blackberry into Anita's hands to get real and easy answers to her current conundrum situation.

"What does this mean? Why is Thomas suddenly texting you again? What does he want? Is he making you cry, is he?" Anita asked, her voice laced in angry, her tone gruff.

"He's blackmailing me. He has some rather personal photos of me and he threatened to release them to the Internet!"

"What? Thomas is blackmailing you?!" Anita asked in that snarling tone yet again, making Sophie release more hot tears.

"This isn't fair! Blackmailing can never be justified for any reason at all. You made a mistake but that doesn't mean anyone, just anyone like Thomas can rub it on your face or the Internet's. It's not right at all. You need to do something, other than crying, Sophie!"

"But what can I do? I'm gone and that's a fact! I shouldn't have sent those photos to anyone in the first place. It was a wrong move and I was stupid. I'm so stupid!" Sophie said, her tears more of dry heaves now.

Anita held her close and rubbed her back, like a Mother or Sister would conveniently do.

Here is the bonus question. I'm giving everyone the opportunity to complete the story. If you were unfortunately Sophie, what would be your next move? Comments should be flooded below. Everyone is kindly invited!

1 Like

Re: The Blackmail Of A Black Day. by wazupguy(m): 8:38am On Feb 02, 2016
interesting tho...hmmmm..lemme try tho...

1 Like

Re: The Blackmail Of A Black Day. by RemenZack(f): 9:04am On Feb 02, 2016
wazupguy:
interesting tho...hmmmm..lemme try tho...
Go ahead. The comment section is all yours.
Re: The Blackmail Of A Black Day. by wazupguy(m): 1:00pm On Feb 02, 2016
one quick question before I post..are we to complete the story with the ended part of what Sophie should do to her current situation or just put ourselves in the shoes of sophie because na story i write oh continuing from where you stopped..

1 Like

Re: The Blackmail Of A Black Day. by RemenZack(f): 1:11pm On Feb 02, 2016
Speak for thyself. But any of them is actually allowed.
Re: The Blackmail Of A Black Day. by wazupguy(m): 1:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
well here it is tho...as yu r a pro in writing you can as well criticize this writeup i made of yo story...

Calm down Sophie, Anita kept saying handing sophie a piece of cloth to wipe off her tears. But sohpie kept crying all the more; what I will do? . First of all wipe your tears because it will not help the situation at hand Anita suggested. Anita kept wandering here and there like she was cooking up something her head.

I am thinking of a possible solution to this predicament said Anita; What if we bargained with him and know what he wants to delete the picture? Anita added.

Anita: Lets put ourselves in Thomas shoes; i made a mistake,had few drinks with frank and we ended up in bed and he is repaying me with blackmail.
Anita: what options can he offer in exchange for wiping those photos and what is the gurantee that the photos will be wiped off entirely..you know blackmail sometimes dont usually end up well in favour of the blackmailee.

Sophie bursted into to tears, with a loud cry; Oh My God! What have I done to deserve all this!! Sis you have to calm down, this is a serious situation and you are not helping matters with the production of tears Anita blurted out angrily.

Sophie quickly readjusted her mood. I am listening, what should we do she muttered.
Good, start thinking Anita suggested.

Few minutes had gone, Sophie and Anita were still ransacking their mendular oblongata to brainstorm an idea that will remedy the correct dilemma. Soon, Sophie started wearing a sacastic smile, which soon turned into laughter. Anita was stunned at that dramatic outburst.

Anita think less for i have gotten the perfect plan to nail Thomas tot he ground Sophie said euphorically. He has got like how many pictures of me three or four, well i know where to pinch him that he run for his dear life sophie boasted.

Anita was still stunned but the way Sophie boasted with excitement was rather amusing.
So whats the plan Anita asked agitatedly. Sophie drew Anita close and whispered to her ear. As she whispered Anita started smiling and when sophie was done whispering Anita hailed Sophie for her smartness. But the main question was "how do we go about the plan without him suspecting us" Anita complained. Leave that to me sophie replied.

The evening of that day, the ladies had agreed to sneak out of the dormitory to actualize their plan. They Stopped a taxi and dived in abruptly. The taxi finally stopped at *Yumz* a smoothie cafe some few blocks away from their school. They went in and sat down, the waitress came over and took their order.

Waitress: Good evening, what can we offer you
Anita: strawberry
Sophie: please make that two

1 Like

Re: The Blackmail Of A Black Day. by wazupguy(m): 1:22pm On Feb 02, 2016
The waitress left afterwards. They had not sat for long when Richard a.k.a richy walked in. Sophie noticed him and waved at him to come join them. They create a space for him to sit. After exchanging pleasantries, Sophie inquired from Richy if he wanted a drink. He agreed and as Sophie turned to call the waitress, she was already a few steps away.

She dropped the glasses of chilled smoothies on the table. Good day sir, what can i offer you sir she inquired. A bottle of guiness will do Richy replied. Oh sorry sir, we dont serve alcohol here just fresh juice. Oh I did not notice, then a bottle of water will do Richy said.
Coming right away sir, she said as she left.

Richy: So wassup sophie, you ha e something for me?
Oh Yes! Sophie replied as she reached for her purse and brought out a brown envelope and handed it over to the Richy. Anita was confused as she was completely oblivious of what was transpiring right in front her eyes.

Richy opened the envelope slightly and smiled. So you will hear from me by midnight he said as he picked up the bottle of water the waitress dropped and left. Still dumbfounded, what just happened here Anita asked, or i'm not allowed to know what the plan is all about ahe added rhetorically.

Sophie smiled, don't worry bestie I will tell you everything but now we have to hurry back to the dorm before anyone finds out we are missing sophie said. They got up and Sophie brought out some money and dropped it on the table to settle the bills. They left abruptly.

12.58am. Sophie was staring at her phone endlessly waiting for richy's call. Meanwhile, Anita was already in wonderland, producing loud snoring which sounded like that of a dilapidated 'i better pass my neighbour generator'. That did not concern Sophie as her mind was clouded with thoughts if her plan was going work or if richy had duped her. That will be devasting to have one unsolved problem plus a being duped of #20,000. Sophie tried as much as she possible to be optimistic about the situation in spite the many things that could go wrong if her plan backfired.

2.00am, sophie was getting disturbed because there was no news from richy and she had tried to reach him in his cell but it was switched off. Now the pessemtic thoughts started to cloud her mind as she started doubting richy's ability to deliver. She tapped Anita to wake up as her snoring was disturbing her thoughts, Anita woke up abruptly like as if she had not been sleeping at all. Her eyes was all swollen and she kept yawning.

Richy hasn't not called yet Sophie complained; who is Richy? Anita asked rhetorically.
Seriously! Sophie blurted out sarcastically. Oh richy, that guy from yumz Anita muttered.
What is wrong with you? Sophie said angrily. I am sorry Anita said redjusting herself consciously. So has he called? Anita asked, No! He hasnt Sophie cried out. And i have tried reaching him on his cell, but its not going through.
#Sighs# So what do we do now? Anita asked rhetorically.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Blackmail Of A Black Day. by RemenZack(f): 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2016
It's actually kind of nice, honestly. But that didn't even create a Panacea for Sophie's situation. But it's alright regardless.
Re: The Blackmail Of A Black Day. by wazupguy(m): 3:01pm On Feb 02, 2016
They were in a state of "what do we do now" when they heard a knock on the door. That was suprising. They looked at themselves sarcastically and checked the time. Where you expecting anybody Anita asked; Are you nuts? Sophie replied sacastically. I was expecting a call not a visitor she added.

They asked who was knocking but no response came back. That was awkward. Anita started pushing Sophie to go to the door and see who this mysterious dumb was. They debated for few seconds who should go to the door but finally agreed that will go together. Sophie took a fry pan whilst Anita carried her pepper spray. They crept gradually, with Anita taking the lead and Sophie behind her.

Who is there! They kept saying. You could read fear and anixiety in their voice. They got to the door an open it abruptly with Anita spraying her pepper spray profusely. But to their greatest suprised there was no one. They looked left and right but not even a fly did they see.

However, Sophie noticed a brown envolope on their foot mat. She bent down to pick up but Anita stopped her abruptly. Are you crazy? she whispered, what if it was a dangroua thing or do you want to get us killed she blurted out.

Sophie was agitating to pick the envelope so she ignored what Anita was saying. As she bent down to pick it up Anita pushed Sophie out slamming the door against her. Sophie slummed but regained balance before she reached the ground. She stood up picking the envolope. She unveiled it and brought out its content.

She was stunned! It was Thomas's infinix hot2. Or better still the phone she bought for the him when he misplaced his Godforsaken almost buttonless Bold two. Who uses that kind of fine and still misplaces it other than "Broke Ass Nigga Thomas". All excited, Sophie kept banging at the door, Anita opened it abruptly.

As Sophie went in she kept waving the phone at the Anita who was wearing curious face. Whose phone is that? Anita asked; Thomas's phone Sophie replied. As she held the envelope a piece of paper fell off. Sophie picked it up and unveiled it, Anita was agitating to know the content of the paper so she drew close to Sophie.

The message reads:
Hello, it me richy...i know you would have tried my cell. The thing is dat i dont carry it when i'm on a job. However, the job is done. nice doing bizness with you. Bye..

They both burst into laughter but Anita was still anixiously curiously how sophie was able to pull such a stunt in a day. So she asked Sophie agitatedly how she did it.

Sophie: well, I just used his weakness against him.
Anita: How?
Sophie: The asshole is a chronic gambler and he has this thing for alcohol..two bottles of small origin and the idiot will start misbehaving..give him more then you have finished him...so i just paid richy who ia very good at his game to use the information wisely and juat get me the phone.
Anita: Wow!! You are a bad girl..
Anita: But what if he has shared the photos before we got the phone?
Sophie kept laughing, so you have forgotten who i am she boasted euphorically; he was expecting me to call and beg then perhaps threathen me to pay some money and blah! Blah!! Blah..she added.
Sophie: The dude is as penniless as a church..so the blackmail is to save is broke ass..and as for his fone...
Sophie collected a scissors from her trolley and cut the memorycard of the phone into equal halves. Then she placed the cell on the ground, took her heela and hit recurrently until it was shattered to pieces..
Anita stood there staring at Sophie in amusement.

1 Like

Re: The Blackmail Of A Black Day. by wazupguy(m): 3:02pm On Feb 02, 2016
They were in a state of "what do we do now" when they heard a knock on the door. That was suprising. They looked at themselves sarcastically and checked the time. Where you expecting anybody Anita asked; Are you nuts? Sophie replied sacastically. I was expecting a call not a visitor she added.

They asked who was knocking but no response came back. That was awkward. Anita started pushing Sophie to go to the door and see who this mysterious dumb was. They debated for few seconds who should go to the door but finally agreed that will go together. Sophie took a fry pan whilst Anita carried her pepper spray. They crept gradually, with Anita taking the lead and Sophie behind her.

Who is there! They kept saying. You could read fear and anixiety in their voice. They got to the door an open it abruptly with Anita spraying her pepper spray profusely. But to their greatest suprised there was no one. They looked left and right but not even a fly did they see.

However, Sophie noticed a brown envolope on their foot mat. She bent down to pick up but Anita stopped her abruptly. Are you crazy? she whispered, what if it was a dangroua thing or do you want to get us killed she blurted out.

Sophie was agitating to pick the envelope so she ignored what Anita was saying. As she bent down to pick it up Anita pushed Sophie out slamming the door against her. Sophie slummed but regained balance before she reached the ground. She stood up picking the envolope. She unveiled it and brought out its content.

She was stunned! It was Thomas's infinix hot2. Or better still the phone she bought for the him when he misplaced his Godforsaken almost buttonless Bold two. Who uses that kind of fine and still misplaces it other than "Broke Ass Nigga Thomas". All excited, Sophie kept banging at the door, Anita opened it abruptly.

As Sophie went in she kept waving the phone at the Anita who was wearing curious face. Whose phone is that? Anita asked; Thomas's phone Sophie replied. As she held the envelope a piece of paper fell off. Sophie picked it up and unveiled it, Anita was agitating to know the content of the paper so she drew close to Sophie.

The message reads:
Hello, it me richy...i know you would have tried my cell. The thing is dat i dont carry it when i'm on a job. However, the job is done. nice doing bizness with you. Bye..

They both burst into laughter but Anita was still anixiously curiously how sophie was able to pull such a stunt in a day. So she asked Sophie agitatedly how she did it.

Sophie: well, I just used his weakness against him.
Anita: How?
Sophie: The asshole is a chronic gambler and he has this thing for alcohol..two bottles of small origin and the idiot will start misbehaving..give him more then you have finished him...so i just paid richy who ia very good at his game to use the information wisely and juat get me the phone.
Anita: Wow!! You are a bad girl..
Anita: But what if he has shared the photos before we got the phone?
Sophie kept laughing, so you have forgotten who i am she boasted euphorically; he was expecting me to call and beg then perhaps threathen me to pay some money and blah! Blah!! Blah..she added.
Sophie: The dude is as penniless as a church..so the blackmail is to save is broke ass..and as for his fone...
Sophie collected a scissors from her trolley and cut the memorycard of the phone into equal halves. Then she placed the cell on the ground, took her heela and hit recurrently until it was shattered to pieces..
Anita stood there staring at Sophie in amusement.

1 Like

Re: The Blackmail Of A Black Day. by RemenZack(f): 8:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
Marvellous! You helped finished my Story. Thanks for paying so much attention by doing this.

1 Like

Re: The Blackmail Of A Black Day. by wazupguy(m): 9:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
its the least I could do....trying to leave the amateur zone...

1 Like

Re: The Blackmail Of A Black Day. by fretfingers: 5:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
Nice...

Please add another twist to it... So the story doesn't end too quick....

Lol...*** hint:: Richy could also try to blackmail her to get more money. Thomas could have made copies on his PC or something and since she dint check the content of the memory card or the phone memory-this would work. Anita could be the real enemy perhaps working with thomas to blackmail her yet disguising as a friend (due to envy::: say Sophies parent are rich and Anitas aren't or sophie had one time unconsciously snatched Anitas boyfriend or crush or sophie is more beautiful than anita or sophie was a loud mouth and Anita just wanted to teach her a lesson or they could be step sisters hence the hatred and disgust that brews in a typical African polygamous family ...lol) lotsa different twists can be created ***

Am enjoying this... Wazup pls quote the dialogues and start individual response on a new line for clarity...

Thank you... Wonderful piece!

Regards

1 Like

Re: The Blackmail Of A Black Day. by RemenZack(f): 7:37pm On Feb 03, 2016
Thanks for all of the suggestions, Fretfingers.
Thanks for reading as well.
Re: The Blackmail Of A Black Day. by fretfingers: 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
RemenZack:
Thanks for all of the suggestions, Fretfingers.
Thanks for reading as well.

You welcome ma'am

So I should anticipate a continuation?

1 Like

Re: The Blackmail Of A Black Day. by RemenZack(f): 8:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
fretfingers:

You welcome ma'am

So I should anticipate a continuation?
Go ahead. The comment section is all yours.

(1) (Reply)

Talented Yet Failures In Life ..................... By Greatenant Odubanjo / FICTION: NK, The Adulterous Wife [part 2] / What Farafina Really Wants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.