Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

5 Best Isps In Port Harcourt - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 5 Best Isps In Port Harcourt (4514 Views)

5 Best Laptop To Spend Your Money On In 2017 / Top 5 Best Laptops Under ₦100,000 In Nigeria – June 2016 / 5 Best Data Recovery Software 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Best Isps In Port Harcourt by timigate(m): 4:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
With my years of industry-proven experience in the networking industry, I have found out that most users dont know what to expect from their ISPs. This has been a major reason why most companies end up with below average ISPs. Today, we will look at five best ISPs in Port Harcourt.
5. MTN
I put MTN at number five because it is available for corporate and home users, service is available in most part of Port Harcourt, the cost of subscription is cheaper when compared to Glo. The down side to using MTN is that the cost of equipment is high, the uptime is low when compared to the 96% acceptable uptime, and the support is poor. You have a problem on their link, it takes a whole day for them to send a support engineer. This is because the management of MTN BTS has been contracted to a third body company. So you call MTN and MTN call a third party company before you get your needed support.
4. Coollink
Coollink comes in at number four for me and the reasons are obvious; equipment cost is cheap, subscription cost is cheap, links are on microwave point-to-point which reduces the possibility of interference, and if you find yourself in remote areas, dont worry, coollink has got you covered through their V-SAT service from Yaclick. The down side is that the coverage is in few places, the radio is ubiquiti, which provides fewer channels and increases the chances of interference, support is not good enough as the company operates from an office that is outside Port Harcourt and if you are going for V-SAT, cost of equipments is on the high side.
3.Glo
If you are looking for a broadband internet for corporate use, and you have got the money, then glo is the internet of choice. With fibre and microwave options, glo has got you covered. The services are available almost everywhere and the available is sure up to if not above 96% uptime. During downtimes, glo constantly keeps you in the loop through globusiness. The down side to using glo is that the cost of subscription is on the high side and so is the cost of equipments.
2. Vodacom
At number 2 is Vodacom. A major player in the ISP business in Port Harcourt with services everywhere. Vodacom connects you through license microwave radios as well as their V-SAT if you are in a remote area. uptime is well above 96% and like does not get affected by interference. Downsides to using Vodacom are high cost of equipments and subscription and having to purchase a higher pair of radios when upgrading say from 5Mbps to 10Mbps.
1. Internet Solutions Nigeria (ISN)
This ISP is like a diamond in the rough. Most people dont know much about it in Port Harcourt even though its a household name in Lagos. ISN provides 96% uptime, dedicated and uncapped internet with last mile on microwave. Cost of equipment is very cheap, no purchase of equipment needed when upgrading, provides 24/7 support and 15 minute on-site policy- this means that it doesnt take them more than 15minutes to get an engineer to your office when there are issues. They also have monitoring devices that notify them about the status of their customers' links. This is why they call the customer first before the customer call them to complain. Downsides to using ISN is that the service is not available everywhere in Port Harcourt and the cos of V-SAT like we all know is usually expensive. The good news is that the major areas a well-covered.
So, there you have it. Consider this before you subscribe to any service provider's network.
Source http://www.timigate.com/2016/02/5-best-internet-service-providers-in.html#more

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Isps In Port Harcourt by cooooooks(m): 5:50am On Mar 17, 2018
Is this list still valid? Are there some new players? Especially those who provide portable routers.
Re: 5 Best Isps In Port Harcourt by tunde300us(m): 8:33am On Mar 17, 2018
Well list valid maybe in PH , donno much about ISP outside of PH
Re: 5 Best Isps In Port Harcourt by Thevideoguy: 6:08pm On Feb 27, 2020
I think SmartCity Internet is better than all these. See internet.smartcity.com.ng available in Port Harcourt and Yenagoa.
Re: 5 Best Isps In Port Harcourt by antiomic: 8:03pm On Mar 14, 2020
Am I to provide the Microwave Radio or it will be provided by them? What's the installation cost like?

Thevideoguy:
I think SmartCity Internet is better than all these. See internet.smartcity.com.ng available in Port Harcourt and Yenagoa.

(1) (Reply)

dell E62xx E63xx E64xx E54XX Kboard w/lite Lenovo t440p/t540p/w540 battery 4Sale / Pls What Do I Look Out For When Buying A Used Laptop? / Seun And Team: Nairaland Vs Microsoft Edge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.