Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery (2939 Views)

How Do I Get A User Serial Number With Jquery Or Javascript?? / TUTORIAL: Learn How To Create A Mention With Jquery, AJAX And PHP. / Improving UX With Jquery – Tutsplus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by guru01(m): 7:21pm On Feb 01, 2016
Hello,
here is the code:
JS/Jquery:
if($('.faq-post').length){
var self = $('.faq-body');
$('.faq-body .faq-answer').hide();
$('.faq-question').on('click',function(e){
$('.faq-answer').hide();
$(this).next().show();
e.preventDefault();
return false;
});
}
HTML:
<article class="col-xs-12">
<div class="faq-body">
<h5 class="faq-question"><a href="#" title="">Topic heading </a></h5>
<div class='faq-answer'>Content</div>
</div>
</article>

Enjoy!!!
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
**coughs**
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by Olumyco(m): 1:36am On Feb 02, 2016
One needs jquery-ui library to actualize dis not just jquery library. So u will need d two libraries because jquery-ui is built on top of jquery
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by guru01(m): 11:38am On Feb 02, 2016
No all you need is jquery. Nothing else.
I developed this because i could not get my hands on jquery UI at the moment.
All you need to do further is add some styling and animation to it.
grin
Jregz:
**coughs**
Are you just seeing this kind of thing for the first time? Or are you trying to make fun of this little program?
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 02, 2016
Falls inside gutter

guru01:

Are you just seeing this kind of thing for the first time? Or are you trying to make fun of this little program?
This your attempt to create an accordion is BEYOND ME, and you honestly deserve an OSCAR!

2 Likes

Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by FincoApps(m): 8:01am On Feb 03, 2016
dhtml18:
Falls inside gutter

This your attempt to create an accordion is BEYOND ME, and you honestly deserve an OSCAR!

As in ehn .... the guy try
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 04, 2016
One of the tenets of software engineering is DRY(Don't Repeat Yourself). Personally, mine is DKY(Don't Kill Yourself). Why build an accordion when there are so many libraries available? We Nigerians like to disturb ourselves with unnecessary things.
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 04, 2016
The poster above me does not like naija developers!

2 Likes

Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by guru01(m): 11:07am On Feb 04, 2016
duvie92:
One of the tenets of software engineering is DRY(Don't Repeat Yourself). Personally, mine is DKY(Don't Kill Yourself). Why build an accordion when there are so many libraries available? We Nigerians like to disturb ourselves with unnecessary things.
Go kill yourself if i repeat what is already out there.
Why do you think programming is not repeating itself.
Why are there no programming language when the older ones are still relevant.
Its because of simplicity.
And besides i didn't repeat what is out there, i still use other libraries, but this was developed because i could not lay my hands on a library at that moment.
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by guru01(m): 11:10am On Feb 04, 2016
dhtml18:
Falls inside gutter

Thank you.
I created this just because i don't want to add another heavy library just because i needed an accordion in my program.

1 Like

Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
guru01:

Go kill yourself if i repeat what is already out there.
Why do you think programming is not repeating itself.
Why are there no programming language when the older ones are still relevant.
Its because of simplicity.
And besides i didn't repeat what is out there, i still use other libraries, but this was developed because i could not lay my hands on a library at that moment.

Your logic does not make sense.
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
duvie92:

Hmn, i am still trying to work out who is the real senseless person between you and the OP.

1 Like

Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by FincoApps(m): 8:04am On Feb 06, 2016
dhtml18:

Hmn, i am still trying to work out who is the real senseless person between you and the OP.

Andd I'm pretty sure it's not the OP....smiley
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 06, 2016
^^^If it is not the OP and there are two people involved minus umpire (me) and referee (you), then under standard conditions of temperature and pressure, I have to announce that the real discombolated (according to nairalanders) person is non-other than the ?@#@$~ (at least i no mention name)

1 Like

Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by guru01(m): 9:57am On Feb 06, 2016
Hahaha that is being a programmer in naija and posting your work on nl.
I wish I was born in Israel or Russia.
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 06, 2016
The OP is frustrated because he is a naija. Me, i am proud of being a naija programmer anyday.

1 Like

Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by maekhel(m): 11:41am On Feb 06, 2016
dhtml18:
The OP is frustrated because he is a naija. Me, i am proud of being a naija programmer anyday.
Proudly naija for life
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 06, 2016
dhtml18:
^^^If it is not the OP and there are two people involved minus umpire (me) and referee (you), then under standard conditions of temperature and pressure, I have to announce that the real discombolated (according to nairalanders) person is non-other than the ?@#@$~ (at least i no mention name)

Keep fooling yourself
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by guru01(m): 12:27pm On Feb 06, 2016
No am not frustrated but just wishing. We all wish for something better don't we, but that does not make us frustrated.
I am not a proudly naija programmer but I program from Nigeria.
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 06, 2016
duvie92:

Keep fooling yourself
In other words, I am a wise guy right?

1 Like

Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by FincoApps(m): 6:48pm On Feb 06, 2016
dhtml18:

Lol about that.... definitely not proudly Naija smiley.
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
I think the OP will prefer to have been born on American soil!
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by guru01(m): 12:43am On Feb 07, 2016
dhtml18:
I think the OP will prefer to have been born on American soil!
I didn't mention america.
There are better countries than US.
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by guru01(m): 12:49am On Feb 07, 2016
duvie92:

@dhtml leave this guy his still a rookie.
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 07, 2016
guru01:

I didn't mention america.
There are better countries than US.
Like AFG right?

guru01:

In fact, na cookie im be sef

1 Like

Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by guru01(m): 8:55pm On Feb 07, 2016
dhtml18:

Like AFG right?
Like syria, middle east and gabon.
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 07, 2016
In order words (or in your own words), an asyrian person better pass you? Me i no gree say anyone better pass me o (whether na china, america, ghana or watever)
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by guru01(m): 9:30am On Feb 08, 2016
dhtml18:
In order words (or in your own words), an asyrian person better pass you? Me i no gree say anyone better pass me o (whether na china, america, ghana or watever)
I didn't say so, because i am unique.
Can't compare myself with someone else because we were not developed with the say API. Even if you like PHP, we still disagree on some issues and way of coding.
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by FincoApps(m): 8:48pm On Feb 09, 2016
dhtml18:

lol native-doctor, I believe, if I were white ..... hmmm
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 15, 2016
guru01:

Be forming guru on nairaland. That's what most naija developers do when the fact is they know so little.
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 15, 2016
dhtml18:

In other words, I am a wise guy right?
You think you are wise
Re: Ultra-light and simple Accordion With Jquery by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 15, 2016
duvie92:

You think you are wise
Hmn. . . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Php Header() Function Error / Download FREE Premium Items: Themes,Sctipts,Paid Games,Templates, SEO Tools etc / My Very Short Startup Journey And How It Ended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.