Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts (1315 Views)

Cure For Religious Misery / Online Radio Platform For Religious Group / BEST DEAL EVER!!! Professional Website/blog Design For Religious Organizations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by Phero(m): 8:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
I am a Christian and I believe God exist buh there are some things that baffle me and I find hard to believe being an enthusiast person below they are written:

•Why did God put the fruit of knowledge in the garden of eden when he knows it can tempt Adam and eve.
•Why does he destroy and totally eliminates his enemies an example is when he ordered Saul to destroy the amalikites and when he spared them he punished Saul.
•How could prophet Jeremiah order bears to eat up children that mocked him.
•Why does he create evil,natural disasters and punish people if he is really a merciful God.
•According to the Bible the devil was second in command that is second after God when he rebelled against God,God sent him away down to the earth to cause chaos.
•Why did he make Blacks to be back word and uncivilized.
•Why does he favour a group of people over others.
•why did he create hell fire to punish those who goes against him?.
Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by excellencyabia1: 8:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
Answer it yourself. If you have time to bring out this question, you still have time to provide the answer
Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by AkProsper(m): 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
OP start attending Bible Studies
Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by onetrack(m): 9:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
Phero:
I am a Christian and I believe God exist buh there are some things that baffle me and I find hard to believe being an enthusiast person below they are written:

•Why did God put the fruit of knowledge in the garden of eden when he knows it can tempt Adam and eve.
•Why does he destroy and totally eliminates his enemies an example is when he ordered Saul to destroy the amalikites and when he spared them he punished Saul.
•Why does he create evil,natural disasters and punish people if he is really a merciful God.
•According to the Bible the devil was second in command that is second after God when he rebelled against God,God sent him away down to the earth to cause chaos.

These stories are all man-made and resemble many other mythologies created in thousands of traditional societies around the world. Looking for logical explanations will not get you very far.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by Scholar8200(m): 10:00pm On Feb 01, 2016
Phero:

Because He wont perpetuate Adam in the state in which he was created sans it being his choice. That is why He drove them out after the fall lest they took from the Tree of Life and become irredeemable!

It was an act of justice. The same Amalekites lived by an ancient form of terrorism-attacking and killing defenceless people and taking over there properties. Their judgement was announced in Exodus but God waited for almost 4 centuries for them to repent before executing the judgement.
Remember what Samuel said to Agag, that he had made many childless.

He never did that!

after the fall, many things became out of course. Those deadly disasters are part of the consequences. I am persuaded that without the fall, those things will not be happening.

Really! Pls quote the chapter and verse where this can be found expressedly or impliedly.

God is no respecter of persons. There are myriads of black men who are top notch and even respected by the whites. That statement on blacks is not true.

Rather Jesus made it clear in Matthew 25 that hell was made for the devil and his angels. But if man chooses to follow the devil...

P.S.: Not a religious expert.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:32pm On Feb 01, 2016
onetrack:

These stories are all man-made and resemble many other mythologies created in thousands of traditional societies around the world. Looking for logical explanations will not get you very far.

Yeah it says for religious experts . In simple terms , he cares less or nothing at all about your opinion smiley

Bye smiley

1 Like

Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:38pm On Feb 01, 2016
Phero:

Why did he make Blacks to be back word and uncivilized.

Blacks in the 16th centuries called the Moors ruled Europe . They were intellectuals and accomplished men . You can read about them and that could help answer your question .

Actually in summary , God never created blacks to be backward and uncivilized

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by analice107: 10:33am On Feb 02, 2016
Phero:

Ah, na wao. This is some Christian.
Your questions betrays your claim. You are not a Christian, maybe you don't know what it means to be a Christian at all. If indeed you were a Christian, you would take ur cares and confusions to the Holy Spirit.
To understand why what happened, you study your bible, precepts upon precepts. Statutes upon statutes. Study Concepts. Study The prophets, study prophecies. If you want to know, you seek out info, you don't seat down and copy stupid satanic questions which obviously you are raising not because you really need answers, but to cast doubts in the minds of the young Christians.
The Lord will require from you any soul u cause to go down with ur words or actions.

Your case is the case of the voice of Jacob, but the hands of Esau. Or in this case, the name of a Christian but the words an actions of a Satanist.

Matt 18: 6. But whoso shall offend one of thus little ones which believe in me, and cause them to fall, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by TeamLeader(m): 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
BECAUSE HE IS GOD

1 Like

Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by onetrack(m): 5:17pm On Feb 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Yeah it says for religious experts . In simple terms , he cares less or nothing at all about your opinion smiley

Bye smiley

Sorry, he asked for religious experts. Atheists know more about religion than religious people do, on average, and therefore are more qualified. cool

1 Like

Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
onetrack:

Sorry, he asked for religious experts. Atheists know more about religion than religious people do, on average, and therefore are more qualified. cool

Please stop making weak and outlandish assertions . I would have loved to post embarrassing posts of atheists' understanding of God but its not worth it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2016
meh........ When one starts to apply reasoning to to religion(s); it crumbles like a pack of cards
Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by menesheh(m): 6:36pm On Feb 02, 2016
TeamLeader:
BECAUSE HE IS GOD

Because he is immoral if he ever existed.

The god of the old testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. . . RICHARD DAWKINS

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by Phero(m): 7:22pm On Feb 02, 2016
I appreciate the response have gotten so far buh am not still satisfied
Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by onetrack(m): 7:31pm On Feb 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Please stop making weak and outlandish assertions . I would have loved to post embarrassing posts of atheists' understanding of God but its not worth it

I am an atheist because I studied religion.

Take a look at this religious knowledge survey done in the US not long ago. Tell me which group had the highest average score. smiley

http://www.pewforum.org/2010/09/28/u-s-religious-knowledge-survey/
Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:43pm On Feb 02, 2016
onetrack:

I am an atheist because I studied religion.

Take a look at this religious knowledge survey done in the US not long ago. Tell me which group had the highest average score. smiley

http://www.pewforum.org/2010/09/28/u-s-religious-knowledge-survey/

Not long ago? ... the date says 2010 - six years ago . Must you atheists tell blatant LIES ? undecided

Pfft undecided
Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by onetrack(m): 7:47pm On Feb 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Not long ago? ... the date says 2010 - six years ago . Must you atheists tell blatant LIES ? undecided

Pfft undecided

6 years is not long ago. You guys dwell on lies that happened thousands of years ago, which is long ago. shocked

1 Like

Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:02pm On Feb 02, 2016
onetrack:

6 years is not long ago. You guys dwell on lies that happened thousands of years ago, which is long ago. shocked

Onetrack , do you have a video to serve as an evidence that lies were told thousands of years ago ? If you have the video as an evidence to buttress your claims , you can add that to your second track tho grin.

I need a video to prove you are telling the truth

1 Like

Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by onetrack(m): 8:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Onetrack , do you have a video to serve as an evidence that lies were told thousands of years ago ? If you have the video as an evidence to buttress your claims , you can add that to your second track tho grin.

I need a video to prove you are telling the truth

Just look at the conflicting claims made by various Jewish, Christian, and Muslim authors. They all cannot be telling the truth, however, they can all be lying.
Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:21pm On Feb 02, 2016
onetrack:

Just look at the conflicting claims made by various Jewish, Christian, and Muslim authors. They all cannot be telling the truth, however, they can all be lying.

Muslim ? Im not a muslim . Please stop making false claims . History is there and the birth of Jesus Christ is true .

If you think there was no such one as Jesus Christ the Messiah , you can provide a video to substantiate such claims . If you not , you are the one lying .

Is that a tough task ?
Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by onetrack(m): 9:12pm On Feb 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Muslim ? Im not a muslim . Please stop making false claims . History is there and the birth of Jesus Christ is true .

If you think there was no such one as Jesus Christ the Messiah , you can provide a video to substantiate such claims . If you not , you are the one lying .

Is that a tough task ?

Nowhere did I say that Jesus did not exist. I merely stated that lies were told thousands of years ago, and nowhere did I imply that you were muslim. If you compare the Gospels as well as the letters of the various early Christians, you will see that enough contradictions mean that at least someone was lying.

By the way, according to Jewish tradition, Jesus could not have been the Messiah, which is why they reject him. So even here someone is lying. I tend to agree that he was not the Messiah because I don't believe there is one at all.
Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by Scholar8200(m): 9:08am On Feb 03, 2016
onetrack:

By the way, according to Jewish tradition, Jesus could not have been the Messiah, which is why they reject him. So even here someone is lying. I tend to agree that he was not the Messiah because I don't believe there is one at all.
Well this reply is not for you since you are not a Jew.

However, these were the same people Jesus said made God's Law void by their traditions! At the time Jesus came, they were expecting a Political Messiah that is why at a time, they tried to force Him to be a king and after resurrection, even the disciples were asking if He will restore the Kingdom to Israel immediately!

However, if they had considered Daniel 9:26, it will be clear that the Messiah was to be killed as Isaiah 53 also showed.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself:
Daniel 9:26

That is one aspect they did not seem to grasp. In fact, some assumed two Messiahs -one will die according to prophecies while the other will take over politically. They did not understand that there will be two advents for the same Person because there will be a resurrection after death !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by onetrack(m): 11:24am On Feb 03, 2016
Scholar8200:

Well this reply is not for you since you are not a Jew.

However, these were the same people Jesus said made God's Law void by their traditions! At the time Jesus came, they were expecting a Political Messiah that is why at a time, they tried to force Him to be a king and after resurrection, even the disciples were asking if He will restore the Kingdom to Israel immediately!

However, if they had considered Daniel 9:26, it will be clear that the Messiah was to be killed as Isaiah 53 also showed.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself:
Daniel 9:26

That is one aspect they did not seem to grasp. In fact, some assumed two Messiahs -one will die according to prophecies while the other will take over politically. They did not understand that there will be two advents for the same Person because there will be a resurrection after death !

I understand why Christians say that Jesus is the Messiah; however, as you know, the Jews have their own reasons and their own interpretations as to why they think he is not. This argument has gone on for 2000 years and isn't likely to go away soon.
Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by Amberon11: 6:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
define "lies"
onetrack:

Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by Amberon11: 6:47pm On Feb 03, 2016
what were the conflicting claims? Even the Muslims acknowledge Jesus and most of the biblical stories to be true. That's about 4billion people who believe that Jesus Christ existed, along with loads of archeological findings to back the biblical history. So who is lying to who here?
onetrack:

Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by onetrack(m): 7:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
Amberon11:
what were the conflicting claims? Even the Muslims acknowledge Jesus and most of the biblical stories to be true. That's about 4billion people who believe that Jesus Christ existed, along with loads of archeological findings to back the biblical history. So who is lying to who here?

That Jesus died on the cross? That Jesus is the son of God? That the trinity explains the relationship between Jesus and God? That Muhammad was a prophet?

All of these are differences between Muslims and Christians that are not minor. These are profound differences and both cannot be correct. Therefore somebody is lying. Or both are lying.
Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by UyiIredia(m): 7:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
onetrack:

It's a pity with all the knowledge you have you can't infer what early men inferred. This is what oversabi causes.
Re: Pls I Have Some Questions For Religious Experts by onetrack(m): 7:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
UyiIredia:

It's a pity with all the knowledge you have you can't infer what early men inferred. This is what oversabi causes.

Sorry, I prefer oversabi to a lack of it. Early men were wrong about this as they were wrong about sooooo many other things.

(1) (Reply)

Shocking! Have We Been Lied To About Tithe And Offering? / Only KDF Uses This Gun In Africa , It Costs More Than A Car / Why Dreams And Prophecies Make Atheists Dumb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.