Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

What's Wrong With Our Natural Hair? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What's Wrong With Our Natural Hair? (463 Views)

What's wrong with the way this grandma dressed? / Have You Tried Hair Wonder Natural hair oil on Your Hair? / 8 Creative Ways To Style Your Natural Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's Wrong With Our Natural Hair? by theaverageniger: 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2016
It’s strange and disheartening to see how wearing our natural hair in Nigeria seems to be a taboo or sign of poverty as opposed to the fake weave and human hair that we like to wear.
One thing that I noticed is that young girls once they finish secondary school feel like they have been released from the bondage of styling their God giving hair, to the freedom of fixing weaves and attachments. Now I’m not trying to dissuade anybody from fixing weaves, but sometimes you got to let your true beauty shine and just let go of the “Oyibo wannabe stuff” and be yourself.
Carrying your natural hair doesn’t mean you are broke, because that’s what most women see it as. No,it means you know you are beautiful they way God created and you are comfortable in your skin which is what really matters.
And to all those people that often ask” hey what happened,why are you carrying your natural hair?” Please stop it. The world doesn’t revolve around hair and sometimes some women just want to be free without something fake glued to their skull.
And to all those women embracing their natural hair, thank you for not caring what people think and just being your true self.
theaveragenigerians.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Our Natural Hair? by Malc(m): 8:57pm On Feb 01, 2016
True talk! I ain't gonna get married to an artificial lady. :PTrue talk! I ain't gonna get married to an artificial lady.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Spot The Difference / Style Up With Wholesale Dri Fit Shirts In This Summer / Africa Fashion Week Nigeria Announces Yemi Alade As Brand Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.