Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,700 members, 7,805,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Does Speed Alter Space And Time? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Does Speed Alter Space And Time? (610 Views)

Astronomers Are Hearing Something Weird In Space, And Can’t Figure Out Where / Infographics Reveal Teleporting And Time Travel Are Both Possible! / New Device That Tells You When Its Going To Rain And Time To Wash Your Clothes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Speed Alter Space And Time? by ValentineMary(m): 11:29pm On Feb 01, 2016
I had an idea this evening about how a particle moving at a speed greater than light (which for now is not possible) would alter the space and time we know. Let us imagine a particle moving at a speed faster than light then that would mean it would alter the entire space and time we know.
Re: Does Speed Alter Space And Time? by Nobody: 3:26am On Feb 03, 2016
Yes i think it can. I stumble on one of albert einstein theory on vortex travel back then.

He said IF YOU CAN TRAVEL AT A SPEED FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE THE FUTURE OR GO INTO THE AGES.couldnt locate the source anymore.

This concept was used in the movie FLASH. You can get the movie for better understanding. Pls share ur opinion
Re: Does Speed Alter Space And Time? by DonSegmond(m): 1:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
ValentineMary:
I had an idea this evening about how a particle moving at a speed greater than light (which for now is not possible) would alter the space and time we know. Let us imagine a particle moving at a speed faster than light then that would mean it would alter the entire space and time we know.
Sorry, I can't imagine a particle moving faster than light. Study physics to learn why speed of light has a limit.
Re: Does Speed Alter Space And Time? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hmmm........ Intresting hypothesis
Re: Does Speed Alter Space And Time? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 04, 2016
Or a black hole for that matter. Since black holes supposedly suck everything, including light, space and even time, theoretically if one were able to go into a black hole, he'd most likely either be spliced into all time frames, past, present and future simultaneously, or else he'd exist in another time frame, past or future......on second thoughts, not bloody likely grin
Re: Does Speed Alter Space And Time? by Oxytocin(m): 1:52am On Feb 05, 2016
One of the bosses in the house gave this illustration
He said typed and I quote cheesy
micodon:

bros, I didn't ask for definitions.... DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPTS? In a nutshell, every object in the universe is moving at 4 velocities (3 in the spatial dimensions and 1 in the time dimension). THE SUM OF THESE VELOCITIES ALWAYS EQUALS THE SPEED OF LIGHT. Therefore, when you go faster in the spatial dimensions, your velocity in the time dimension reduces relative to your velocity in the spatial dimensions. Let's represent this in a simple equation. X + Y + Z + T = c. Where X, Y, Z are the velocities in your Cartesian coordinates, T is your velocity in the time dimension, and c is the speed of light.

Now what happens when you reach a velocity that equals c in your spatial dimensions? We make T the subject of the formula, like so.... T = C - (X + Y +Z). Because x+y+z = c, T = 0. So at the speed of light, time stops for the object. That is why light photons are ageless... They travel at c, so T for them = 0.

Now what happens when You go past the speed of light in your spatial dimensions? That means (X + Y + Z) becomes greater than C. Therefore time becomes negative. What does it mean for time to flow in the negative direction? I leave you to answer that.

This is all fine Mathematically. But according to Einstein, the speed of light is the speed limit of the universe.. Nothing can go beyond it. That's where going back in time fails in practical

Looking at the sentence in bold, one can only go back in time or future or change the time line ... If you move faster than the speed of light.. Which is practically impossible for now unless if of course you are the FLASH grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Build Your Own Neural Network Today(100%free ebook) / Android Phone's Back Button Stopped Working? See Alternative / Mark Zuckerberg Is With President Buhari And VP Oshibajo At The Aso Villa Demo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.