Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,763 members, 7,798,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever (26337 Views)

Garri And Fried Fish Served At A Wedding In Lagos! / 12 Creative Ways To Drink Garri (cassava Flakes) / How To Safely Use Cooking Gas Cylinders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by kingDELE(m): 10:17am On Feb 02, 2016
no tym 4 all dis process.
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Affable200(m): 10:22am On Feb 02, 2016
Good idea
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Exponental(m): 10:35am On Feb 02, 2016
my hypothesis made theory. Good one Op.
I would have made it but my garri no dey finish. there must always be extra that can last me for a month if I choose to drink everyday. hoping to get new stock this week.
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Tunjman(m): 10:37am On Feb 02, 2016
No need for all this paparazi, just get NECTAR Cassa Granules, it's produced and packaged in a very healthy environment.

Order yours today, call 08183033559 or 07086221461

Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Deesquare01(m): 10:39am On Feb 02, 2016
Pls guys my question might sound stupid to some people,bt I need to know

Can one get lassa fever by physical contact to rat or an infected person??

Thanks in adv
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Oghumu1(m): 10:42am On Feb 02, 2016
See as the guy shine the spoon..lol
Garri don dy hungry me cry been long I took it anyway. I'll try it today. But is Lassa fever inside garri or una dy pull person legs
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by joey150(m): 10:54am On Feb 02, 2016
Sugarhugs:
undecided
Chai. Poverty is a Bleep boy.
bcus of u i go sabi how to send pm...
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by erico2k2(m): 11:02am On Feb 02, 2016
BetaThings:

It is not always a good thing to call people foolish, especially when you are not absolutely certain
Anyway public health officials, who are expected to be knowledgeable have been saying no more garri, no more garri, for the time being
Look at this

I did not call anyone foolish.but the idea of heating garri effected with rat poo is mare foolishness.Y would a sane person wanna touch that?
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by rottennaija(m): 11:02am On Feb 02, 2016
kirchofff:
Lol, see dis 1..........u neva sabi say lassa virus get heat-proof?? U go just die troway

THE BEST WAY TO PREVENT LASSA FEVER FROM DRINKING GARRI IS FOR YOU TO STORE YOUR GARRI IN A CONCEALED CONTAINER.......

The only problem be say we no ko no when the lassa catch am, because him no ko come talk again give us
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by rottennaija(m): 11:04am On Feb 02, 2016
Andyblaze:
embarassed
[A Nairalander] has discovered a way to drink Garri this Lassa season.

1. Put the garri in a dry frying pan/pot.

2. Place it on the fire and allow it to fry for 10mins so that the heat will kill the Lassa virus.

3. Pour the garri out on a wide tray & allow it to get cold. Make sure ur eyes are on the garri to avoid the virus coming back cos if it does hmmmm, e go worse pass the 1st tym oh.

4. Put the garri on a plate and add the necessary (sugar, salt, glucose, powder, honey, milk, Milo, groundnut, aki, water etc). This is strictly based on ur choice but if u want to add all, no problem.

Then ur delicious and tasty drinking garri is ready for consumption...
Thank me later...

#LassaFever_Gbakwa_Oku

[size=15pt]HOW YOU KO COME TELL US IF THE FEVER CATCH YOU FOR US TO KNOW THAT IT DIDNT WORK[/size]
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by UjSizzle(f): 11:04am On Feb 02, 2016
Correct guy grin

*Back to buying my Ijebu*
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 02, 2016
joey150:
bcus of u i go sabi how to send pm...

Loooool. Funny.
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Mynd44: 11:26am On Feb 02, 2016
UjSizzle:
Correct guy grin

*Back to buying my Ijebu*
You believe 10 mins of frying will kill a virus? Nice
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by missKiffy(f): 11:36am On Feb 02, 2016
Lol cheesy hilarious
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 11:38am On Feb 02, 2016
the fear of lassa fever is the start of heating garri before drinking...
i hail o...
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:43am On Feb 02, 2016
kirchofff:
Lol, see dis 1..........u neva sabi say lassa virus get heat-proof?? U go just die troway

THE BEST WAY TO PREVENT LASSA FEVER FROM DRINKING GARRI IS FOR YOU TO STORE YOUR GARRI IN A CONCEALED CONTAINER.......

Thank you
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:46am On Feb 02, 2016
Andyblaze:
embarassed

2. Place it on the fire and allow it to fry for 10mins so that the heat will kill the Lassa virus.

3. Pour the garri out on a wide tray & allow it to get cold. Make sure ur eyes are on the garri to avoid the virus coming back cos if it does hmmmm, e go worse pass the 1st tym oh.

4. Put the garri on a plate and add the necessary (sugar, salt, glucose, powder, honey, milk, Milo, groundnut, aki, water etc). This is strictly based on ur choice but if u want to add all, no problem.

Thank me later...

#LassaFever_Gbakwa_Oku

Thank you
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by ikorodureporta: 11:56am On Feb 02, 2016
kirchofff:

...which kind concealed container u de talk? Na u make d garri??
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Yakzo(m): 12:05pm On Feb 02, 2016
Lol...
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Kazrem(m): 12:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
Because I want to drink garri of one cup?
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by kirchofff(m): 12:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
rottennaija:

The only problem be say we no ko no when the lassa catch am, because him no ko come talk again give us
lol, u mean say him fit don kpanyi abi? grin
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by laprince(m): 12:14pm On Feb 02, 2016
Sugarhugs:
undecided

poverty ke?

I bought garri last year during xmas. on hearing about the Lassa fever wahala. I just put the whole garri in a big bucket and placed it in my deep freezer.

I only soak and eat. I no bold use am for eba. I want it to last long.

For me eating garri is not a trace of poverty. I can be sure to find garri in my house any and every time. Except with this lassa wahala. I enjoy it.
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by laprince(m): 12:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
Sugarhugs:
undecided

poverty ke?

I bought garri last year during xmas. on hearing about the Lassa fever wahala. I just put the whole garri in a big bucket and placed it in my deep freezer.

I only soak and eat. I no bold use am for eba. I want it to last long.

For me eating garri is not a trace of poverty. U can be sure to find garri in my house any and every time. Except with this lassa wahala.

I enjoy it.
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by VANENON(f): 12:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
Andyblaze:
embarassed

Thank me later...

#LassaFever_Gbakwa_Oku
Kudos guy, I respect your creativity.
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by ify84(m): 12:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
kirchofff:

Storing the garri is not the problem, where you bought it is the problem, unless na u fry the garri urself
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Andyblaze: 12:52pm On Feb 02, 2016
Lilimax:
This part got me cracking cheesy

tongue tongue
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Andyblaze: 12:53pm On Feb 02, 2016
winkmart:

Guy, you want sack me for work abi, if u see as i laughed out loud...commot here jorrr

tongue tongue
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Andyblaze: 12:54pm On Feb 02, 2016
Daniel058:
Da Andyblaze.. Lol u want to indirectly tell us u want to dilute the Igbo u smoked with garri?

ANDYBLAZE, REPENT OO

I no wan repent joor
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Andyblaze: 1:02pm On Feb 02, 2016
Deesquare01:
Pls guys my question might sound stupid to some people,bt I need to know

Can one get lassa fever by physical contact to rat or an infected person??

Thanks in adv

No you can't by physical contact with rat but maybe from a person I dunno sha

1 Like

Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by UjSizzle(f): 1:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
Mynd44:

You believe 10 mins of frying will kill a virus? Nice
How many minutes?
Anything to drink garri again sad
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by erico2k2(m): 1:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
Andyblaze:

No you can't by physical contact with rat but maybe from a person I dunno sha
Physical contact will be risky
Re: How To Safely Drink Garri Despite Lassa Fever by Mynd44: 2:17pm On Feb 02, 2016
UjSizzle:

How many minutes?
Anything to drink garri again sad
Its a virus babe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Flavour In Party Jollof Rice / How Nigerians Should Eat Swallows By Zeelicious Foods (Video) / See How I Make Stir Fry Spaghetti, So Delicious (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.