Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,013 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO (3191 Views)

MTN Is Giving 1G And 500MB Out Free.. / Mtn Is Giving Away Free 4GB Data This 2017 :check Out / MTN Is Robbing Me Off My Hard Earned Airtime. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by 2sex(m): 6:03am On Feb 02, 2016
Somebody please come to my rescue ooo

Every month, I recharged my MTN modern line with 6500 for 4.5 GB and it does not reach 30 days. Max is 2 weeks and that's like paying 13k every month since October last year to this time ooo.

I subscribed on the 21st and by yesterday night, it has been exhausted. I don't download anything up to 50MB in all of the time.

I don't know what is wrong as this wasn't the case before.

Is anyone experiencing same thing? Please help o. I am scared of loading another one without possible solutions.
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by jeffizy(m): 6:08am On Feb 02, 2016
If you still want to continue using their service , I think you need to walk down to their office and lodge a complaint.

P.S
Bang your hand on the table at least twice .
It helps. smiley

1 Like

Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by 2sex(m): 6:11am On Feb 02, 2016
jeffizy:
If you still want to continue using their service , I think you need to walk down to their office and lodge a complaint.

P.S
Bang your hand on the table at least twice .
It helps. smiley
ah... thanks. will do that first thing this morning. Haba.
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by Pheals(f): 6:20am On Feb 02, 2016
Bro u get money since last year !!! Mtn stole more than dansuki .... I almost slap their agent through phone yesterday ...na only mtn go dey steal and u will know better drag them to court and sue them
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by Gboyeboy(m): 7:40am On Feb 02, 2016
Since you say it's a modem, I think you should check to make sure your laptop or desktop isn't set to update automatically.
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by 2sex(m): 7:47am On Feb 02, 2016
Gboyeboy:
Since you say it's a modem, I think you should check to make sure your laptop or desktop isn't set to update automatically.
bro, Please is there a way to know that? Tell me please.

But someone just told me now that he is experiencing same
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by JideSM: 7:53am On Feb 02, 2016
2sex:
Somebody please come to my rescue ooo

Every month, I recharged my MTN modern line with 6500 for 4.5 GB and it does not reach 30 days. Max is 2 weeks and that's like paying 13k every month since October last year to this time ooo.

I subscribed on the 21st and by yesterday night, it has been exhausted. I don't download anything up to 50MB in all of the time.

I don't know what is wrong as this wasn't the case before.

Is anyone experiencing same thing? Please help o. I am scared of loading another one without possible solutions.

So sorry for the inconvenience. You can PM me your number for assistance or post your number on our MTN official thread for prompt assistance. Hope to hear from you soon.

https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/135#42541391
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by Gboyeboy(m): 8:00am On Feb 02, 2016
2sex:

Select the Start button, select settings>Update & security>Windows Update, and then select advanced options.
Set it not to update automatically.

Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by 2sex(m): 8:46am On Feb 02, 2016
Gboyeboy:

Select the Start button, select settings>Update & security>Windows Update, and then select advanced options.
Set it not to update automatically.
Thanks, I am using windows 8. So I can't see the ADVANCE option.

Do you know how?
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by 2sex(m): 8:50am On Feb 02, 2016
JideSM:
So sorry for the inconvenience. You can PM me your number for assistance or post your number on our MTN official thread for prompt assistance. Hope to hear from you soon.

https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/135#42541391

You are my witness. I have just subscribed another 6500 now and look at the date it is stated to be exhausted.

The number for my modem is zero 9 zero 3 4 5 8 7 6 4 zero

Thanks.

Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by JideSM: 9:19am On Feb 02, 2016
2sex:

You are my witness. I have just subscribed another 6500 now and look at the date it is stated to be exhausted.

Thanks.

Thanks for responding. You will be contacted shortly.
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by 2sex(m): 9:26am On Feb 02, 2016
JideSM:

Thanks for responding. You will be contacted shortly.
that's not my main line ooo. It's for modem. to contact me, i will have to send you my real line. This number I gave you here may not ring as it's inside my modem right now.
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by ikombe: 9:30am On Feb 02, 2016
Pheals:
Bro u get money since last year !!! Mtn stole more than dansuki .... I almost slap their agent through phone yesterday ...na only mtn go dey steal and u will know better drag them to court and sue them
grin
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by JideSM: 9:40am On Feb 02, 2016
2sex:

Thanks.

Hi there, there was no reply when your number was called. I confirmed that the older bundle activated on January 21st was exhausted and I have also confirmed this new one you just activated. This issue borders mainly on how data is consumed on your laptop.
A good way to save data consumed is to turn off automatic updates. To do this:
1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button.
In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
2. In the left pane, click Change settings.
3. Under Important updates, you can turn off automatic updates.

Another thing I advise you do, is to select the STATISTICS menu on your fastlink. There you can monitor how data is being consumed by your laptop. You should reset the counter to zero and henceforth the data consumed by your laptop will reflect there.

Please feel free to reach me via the MTN Customer Care thread should you need further assistance.

Once more I apologize for the inconvenience experienced.
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by JideSM: 10:00am On Feb 02, 2016
2sex:
that's not my main line ooo. It's for modem. to contact me, i will have to send you my real line. This number I gave you here may not ring as it's inside my modem right now.

Oh yes, so sorry I'm just seeing this.
Please PM your contact phone number.
Thanks
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by 2sex(m): 10:13am On Feb 02, 2016
JideSM:

Oh yes, so sorry I'm just seeing this.
Please PM your contact phone number.
Thanks
I just sent you a pm. Kindly reply so i can send you the number. Thanks
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by Chimdiebere(m): 10:41am On Feb 02, 2016
ha ha ha! When am busy enjoying MTN Bis on my own windows 8.1 HP laptop! Simple server makes extreme sense and its only #350 per week I use for "normal" browsing and #70 a day for "heavy" downloading speed of 4MB/S! Dey there! Anyways I live in Abuja
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by kolexepana: 10:47am On Feb 02, 2016
There are other options, take a break from MTN
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by blym4real: 11:17am On Feb 02, 2016
Chimdiebere:
ha ha ha! When am busy enjoying MTN Bis on my own windows 8.1 HP laptop! Simple server makes extreme sense and its only #350 per week I use for "normal" browsing and #70 a day for "heavy" downloading speed of 4MB/S! Dey there! Anyways I live in Abuja
Mtn agent dey thread you still dey yarn. when they block am your eyes go clear.

4 Likes

Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by Lordtrillion(m): 11:50am On Feb 02, 2016
The solution is to Switch OFF auto update.
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by 2sex(m): 11:53am On Feb 02, 2016
blym4real:

Mtn agent dey thread you still dey yarn. when they block am your eyes go clear.
no mind the mumu.

1 Like

Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by 2sex(m): 11:55am On Feb 02, 2016
Lordtrillion:
The solution is to Switch OFF auto update.
since I bought my laptop, it has been switched off. see screenshot below. could it be a case of virus?

Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by Lordtrillion(m): 1:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
2sex:
since I bought my laptop, it has been switched off. see screenshot below. could it be a case of virus?

Hmm, this one is serious oh. Its windows update that's mostly the cause of such huge data loss. You can as well check your Windows store to make sure its not downloading/updating any App in the background.
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by abatically(m): 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2016
2sex:

Ur antivirus and windows are probably updating automatically. I experienced same in the past until I stopped my windows from automatically downloading update. If u are on windows 10, there's no way to stop the automatic update, but there's a walk around. Go to ur WiFi setting and make ur internet to be metered. Once u are on metered network, windows and antivirus will notify u that they cannot download update because u are on metered network. Problem solved.
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by blym4real: 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
2sex:

connect to the internet
Type Resource Monitor in search bar.
b. Go to network tab and look out for the process
which are downloading/uploading.
c. Once you identify the process, right click and kill
the process tree.
d. If that process keeps on starting up on system
startup then you need to remove it from startup. So
do following steps.
1. Download CCleaner : CCleaner 5.10.5373
2. Go to Tools -> Startup .
3. Right click on process and select disable.

1 Like

Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by 2sex(m): 8:24pm On Feb 02, 2016
blym4real:

connect to the internet
Type Resource Monitor in search bar.
b. Go to network tab and look out for the process
which are downloading/uploading.
c. Once you identify the process, right click and kill
the process tree.
d. If that process keeps on starting up on system
startup then you need to remove it from startup. So
do following steps.
1. Download CCleaner : CCleaner 5.10.5373
2. Go to Tools -> Startup .
3. Right click on process and select disable.
Thanks. I am seeing myDNSresponder.exe. It is not a windows program http://www.file.net/process/mdnsresponder.exe.html
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by MyLady11(m): 9:12pm On Feb 02, 2016
Empty Hen.... Never Trust Dem jare.

I uses 10mb for a Month on my Nokia c1

I uses 3gb for a Month on my Blackberry Phone

I uses 3gb on my system for a Month.

I uses 150mb (mtn) for 5mins on my Laptop with Downloading.

That's the story of my Life..
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by flokii: 9:16pm On Feb 02, 2016
@OP go to court
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by 2sexycom(m): 4:47pm On Feb 05, 2016
As at the time of posting this, my data is down to 2.5GB. I haven't download anything that can eat so much data. Also, a friend told me that it's now a general problem with all network. Your data does not last anymore.

Also, you didn't call me as promised after I sent you my number.
JideSM:

Hi there, there was no reply when your number was called. I confirmed that the older bundle activated on January 21st was exhausted and I have also confirmed this new one you just activated. This issue borders mainly on how data is consumed on your laptop.
A good way to save data consumed is to turn off automatic updates. To do this:
1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button.
In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
2. In the left pane, click Change settings.
3. Under Important updates, you can turn off automatic updates.
Another thing I advise you do, is to select the STATISTICS menu on your fastlink. There you can monitor how data is being consumed by your laptop. You should reset the counter to zero and henceforth the data consumed by your laptop will reflect there.
Please feel free to reach me via the MTN Customer Care thread should you need further assistance.
Once more I apologize for the inconvenience experienced.
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by 2sexycom(m): 4:51pm On Feb 05, 2016
kolexepana:
There are other options, take a break from MTN
The problem is that MTN is the only one that works well here. Glo is a snail. I haven't tried Etisalat.

I may have to switch back to Simple Server from the look of things from 4.5GB to 2.5GB bros, make una help me ooooo
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by 2sexycom(m): 4:52pm On Feb 05, 2016
Spending 6500 twice every month since October is very very outrageous angry angry angry
Re: Help Oh...mtn Is ROBBING ME OOOOO by kolexepana: 12:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
2sexycom:
The problem is that MTN is the only one that works well here. Glo is a snail. I haven't tried Etisalat.

I may have to switch back to Simple Server from the look of things from 4.5GB to 2.5GB bros, make una help me ooooo
You just have to try them one by one before you select which is best in your area

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Android Phone I Can Buy Within The Range Of #50000 TO #60000 In Nigerian / MTN-NG Are Thieving Bastards / I Want To Know More About "COSMOS OS"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.