Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,729 members, 7,806,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA (9494 Views)

Restrictive Covenants In Employment Contract: The Practice And Benefits / Central Bank Of Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does CBN Pay Staff? / How Much Does First Bank Pay Her Contract Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by Nobody: 7:17am On Feb 02, 2016
The above subject matter refers,

We were recruited by Bank of Agriculture Limited through Caranda management service Limited on the 29th of June 2014 with the impression of confirmation as permanent staff after a period of six (6) months. We had a week training in Kaduna and assumed duty on the 21st of July 2014. We have been diligently working as normal staff in all sections of the Bank for over a period of fifteen (15) months and we don't seem to know our fate. Furthermore Sir, The Bank recruited another set of people this year (2015) and were made to be permanent staff.

Sir this is to bring to your notice of our trouble and our pains, Which are not being addressed by the Bank and this has resulted in the low morale of the contract staff and is negatively affecting our personal developments.

This subject matter Sir. if being addressed, will help us to plan our future better and disseminate our duty more to the development and actualization of the organization goals and objectives.

This was a letter that was previously written to the former MD of Bank of Agriculture by Batch A. The present MD professor Danbala Danju have acknowledged our circumstance and still couldn't do anything about it. Could they have tied his hands because i understand there are powers that be running the affairs of the Bank?

Three (3) set Batches A, B and recently C respectively has been trained to carryout their duty like other staff , we do similar tasks with no outright difference . Most times the contract staff do a sizable portion of the job while the other staff just sit idling away and in some case abandon their duty post and flaunt regulation guarding basic operations.

We believe some top management staff of the Bank of Agriculture has connived with the strong man of Caranda Management Resources to defraud us of our benefits because its no longer a rumour that they share our salary. Most of us have worked really hard for years and don't seem to make ends meet!! i have tried to calm myself down and hoping this will end but its getting worse.

we are university graduates just like other staff you dish out benefits to. labouring to earn peanuts not enough to pay for shelter ,health and transport not even to mention other demands and responsibility harped on us from loved ones and family. Where a full staff is taking Rent, health, wardrobe and leave allowance running into millions if Naira, we the contract staff get just N21,000 a year can you measure the disparity?

I know we signed to work because we had no choice for better prospects but didn't realize how wide and appalling the salary margins are...and its cheating on a massive scale and I think its ridiculous to make us earn less while doing the same job after you have deceived us to believe you provided training for credit officers and now coming back to give us employment letters as Marketers.

Generally, as contract staff we suppose to earn equal wages maybe not benefits but the wicked man at Caranda Management Resources has equally cut our wages deliberately to make us suffer while milking us of millions every month.

I appeal to Nairalanders who are in position of authority, lawyers and journalist to help us look into this matter. Other members should endeavour to share until something concrete is done about it. The employment situation in the country is nothing to write home about and if the banks were sincere enough, i would borrow money to start a business but injustice and employment sharp practices like these is not just. As a hard working and honest Nigerian, i could not sit down with my hands folded.

I need you

2 Likes

Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by merbenko: 7:19am On Feb 02, 2016
Is that true
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 02, 2016
Fraud everywhere in Nigeria. SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by dovetark: 9:23am On Feb 02, 2016
Reading
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by ThePeacemaker(m): 9:23am On Feb 02, 2016
THIS SPACE IS NOT FOR SALE BEWARE OF THYE POSTER BELOW ME grin grin grin
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by EMMYB0Y(m): 9:24am On Feb 02, 2016
no you don't need me... you need to get in touch with the police to pass it to the efcc and then if lucky buhari may hear through rumour......seriously it's bad
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by AdemolaA2: 9:24am On Feb 02, 2016
I think the problem with Nigeria as a country are Nigerians themselves. Immoralities and corruption everywhere . what do you expect when the head is rotten ??.heads like dasuki and co...

2 Likes

Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by NaijaFutbol: 9:24am On Feb 02, 2016
Two things Nigerians will miss in this new government are the following:

1) Transparency in Government based activities (Recruitment, Scholarships etc)

2) Freedom of speech

Those new guys recruited in 2015 and made permanent staff, when was the job advertised?

1 Like

Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by strawb(f): 9:25am On Feb 02, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by Alison7777(f): 9:25am On Feb 02, 2016
okay efcc please your attention is needed
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by weselomo(m): 9:26am On Feb 02, 2016
Which way naija ?
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by hucienda: 9:29am On Feb 02, 2016
This is all turning stale. A circus... undecided

There's no zero-corrupt country anywhere on earth. The govt should just focus and get the job done.
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by Dragonking: 9:30am On Feb 02, 2016
Buahri ohh!!!!! angry angry
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by suyamasta(m): 9:31am On Feb 02, 2016
Evil in the land

Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by ibietela2(m): 9:32am On Feb 02, 2016
Gej cause am
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by dustydee: 9:38am On Feb 02, 2016
From this letter, I can deduce that you are not an employee of BOA but of "Caranda Management Resources". If that is true then that possibly explains why your employment terms are different from those of permanent staff. If that is not the case, then you should seek redress through the NLC and from the industrial court because I do not think that employers are allowed to have unconfirmed staff for more than a certain period(not sure how long but you can check our labour laws which is available online).
Sometimes graduates take job offers due to desperation without weighing the consequences. They start complaining when they find out that their colleagues have a better deal than them even when their employing entities and or terms of employment are not the same.

duke79:

Generally, as contract staff we suppose to earn equal wages maybe not benefits but the wicked man at Caranda Management Resources has equally cut our wages deliberately to make us suffer while milking us of millions every month.

Which benefit stated in your offer is not being paid to you? Is your salary lower than what was stated in your offer letter? Are those that get paid millions employees of Caranda? and do you have the same offer?
These are some of the questions you need to answer to know if you have a legal case. So far you have not stated clearly where the contract fraud occurred.

4 Likes

Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by kennyman2000(m): 9:44am On Feb 02, 2016
sorry bro. This country shit happens.
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by youngwarlocks: 9:49am On Feb 02, 2016
ok
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by zion47: 9:55am On Feb 02, 2016
CBN have sent their newly recruited staff for training last week.Naija welcome to change
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 02, 2016
dustydee:
From this letter, I can deduce that you are not an employee of BOA but of "Caranda Management Resources". If that is true then that possibly explains why your employment terms are different from those of permanent staff. If that is not the case, then you should seek redress through the NLC and from the industrial court because I do not think that employers are allowed to have unconfirmed staff for more than a certain period(not sure how long but you can check our labour laws which is available online).
Sometimes graduates take job offers due to desperation without weighing the consequences. They start complaining when they find out that their colleagues have a better deal than them even when their employing entities and or terms of employment are not the same.

Which benefit stated in your offer is not being paid to you? Is your salary lower than what was stated in your offer letter? Are those that get paid millions employees of Caranda? and do you have the same offer?
These are some of the questions you need to answer to know if you have a legal case. So far you have not stated clearly where the contract fraud occurred.

Is it justifiable under the ambit of the law to have 2 set of staff earning differently while doing the same job? Yes its a contract job, am not arguing that but they have promised to get us into pernmanant posts after 6 months probation. There is no where in the world this prevailing situation will happen. Salary margin is just too wide to bear the pain. i dont mind relinquishing the benefits but i need my full salary.
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by truthspeaks: 10:07am On Feb 02, 2016
Shey na dasuki de thr now? Seems d blame propaganda don de affect ppl
AdemolaA2:
I think the problem with Nigeria as a country are Nigerians themselves. Immoralities and corruption everywhere . what do you expect when the head is rotten ??.heads like dasuki and co...
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by sanmibukunmi: 10:17am On Feb 02, 2016
Nigeria and fraud sha!!!You started work June 2014 but advert for the work came out September 2014....I sent my CV, letters and all and even called. I didn't know I was wasting my time......

chai!! o ma shey oo. but sort SHA.

1 Like

Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by dustydee: 10:18am On Feb 02, 2016
duke79:

Is it justifiable under the ambit of the law to have 2 set of staff earning differently while doing the same job? Yes its a contract job, am not arguing that but they have promised to get us into pernmanant posts after 6 months probation. There is no where in the world this prevailing situation will happen. Salary margin is just too wide to bear the pain. i dont mind relinquishing the benefits but i need my full salary.

To your first question: YES. I have worked with a FG agency and although we started on the same salary, by the next year our salries were different based on appraisal results.
You have a case to push your employer to make you a permanent staff. But he can only make you a permanent staff of his organisation (Caranda) and not BOA. It is the BOA that can decide to absorb you.
Ordinarily you are not supposed to know the salary of your colleagues but we know it is a difficult secret to hide. However, I will advice you to please stop comparing yourself to those people because you work for different agencies. Their employer may be able to afford to pay them that much but your employer may not. Or your employer can and has decided to priorities profit over your welfare. In that case it is the BOA that will impress it on Caranda to increase your pay or you the employees will appeal to your company for a raise. Or you leave and look for another job.
The major problem is that the way contract staff system works in Nigeria is different from how it works in other parts of the world. In the real sense of it, you are an outsourced staff and not a contract staff to BOA. In my place of work, some contract staff earn more than 3 times what I earn. Some permanent staff that were employed after me started at a higher pay than I did. It was painful but I had to accept it and push for a raise at the appropriate time. Such is life bro, but I feel your pain but don't let it gravitate towards envy.

5 Likes

Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 02, 2016
NaijaFutbol:
Two things Nigerians will miss in this new government are the following:

1) Transparency in Government based activities (Recruitment, Scholarships etc)

2) Freedom of speech

Those new guys recruited in 2015 and made permanent staff, when was the job advertised?

The one for 2015 wasnt advertised . I believe it was only the sons, daughters and family relations of the old and present staff that got the job. We are where we are because we have no connection

1 Like

Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by Walexz02(m): 10:20am On Feb 02, 2016
Graduates needs to learn seriously, taking ANY job does not worth it in the long run
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by Mattew690(m): 10:23am On Feb 02, 2016
My head don dey catch una

My head don dey catch una
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by Nbote(m): 10:27am On Feb 02, 2016
First and foremost what were the terms under which Caranda got u d employment Dat for sure is d root cause of whatever u are going thru. It seems d terms and conditions were not fully disclosed or ur set didn't go thru the conditions listed because I know for sure dat recruitment agencies always have terms which vary from % deductions for a period of time to outright payment of a particular sum. It seems d problem is with Caranda. I think it's best u try and review whatever initial agreements were in place.
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by AdemolaA2: 10:28am On Feb 02, 2016
truthspeaks:
Shey na dasuki de thr now? Seems d blame propaganda don de affect ppl
. Sir or madam, heads not necessarily the president alone but heads including directors and heads of public offices .. Tamam
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by LastProphet: 10:59am On Feb 02, 2016
dustydee:

caranda employs contract staff for jaiz bank, unity bank, and few others. i don't know why the OP sees himself as a permanent staff. are the recruitment requirements for entering caranda the same thing as BOA?
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by obilli: 11:10am On Feb 02, 2016
I feel your pain bro..but are you sure the management of the bank told you categorically that you would be confirmed as a full staff after 6months? because I know how contract staff system works in Nigeria having been one myself two years ago. Contract staffing is usually a way an organization counts down their spending for a full staff..as for your other issues wish you well bro
Re: Employment Contract Fraud In Bank Of Agriculture BOA by Nobody: 11:18am On Feb 02, 2016
LastProphet:

caranda employs contract staff for jaiz bank, unity bank, and few others. i don't know why the OP sees himself as a permanent staff. are the recruitment requirements for entering caranda the same thing as BOA?

you must be a Caranda recruitment staff. The entry requirements are basically the same please tell the Strong man Alhaji Nura Kakira whatever his name is to do the right thing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rank Of An Officer Level 14 NDLEA / Customs Redeploys Senior Officers / Mechatronic Engineers: aspirants and practitioners meet here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.