Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" (30157 Views)

Bishop Wale Oke: How I Rejected $25 Million Loan Offer By Obeying God / Father Mbaka: "Why Atiku Should Be President Of Nigeria In 2019" / Fr. Mbaka Moving To His New Parish Yesterday - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by Mztarstrechy(m): 9:03am On Feb 02, 2016
The media, ever ready to drink from the well of the charismatic and loquacious, Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka, has folowed him to his new parish in Njinike, Abia state. Mbaka spoke to journalists on a host of issues, including the claim that he rejected a cash gift given to him by former first lady, Patience Jonathan, when she visited his Adoration Camp ground in Enugu.

On his posting, he said it hit him hard, but “God is wonderful. You can see that I am smiling, filled with cheer and the joy of the Lord. I have the feeling that God’s hand is in my going out of GRA. No matter what caused it, no matter how it was caused, I am seeing everything as the will of God. When I remember that my providing God is with me and for me, I am filled with joy and comforted. The ways of God are divine and mysterious and at times when he wants to do a thing, we humans may not understand it. We may be seeing the external but God who sees the future planned and packaged everything for us.

”When we were leaving the GRA on Saturday, the worshippers in the Adoration Ministry were filled with mixed feelings. I was also filled with thoughts of where to keep the Ministry’s assets because this is a ministry God has blessed. I am not talking about my personal assets which basically are books and clothes.

”But I am happy that, I am here, although the place am posted cannot contain the assets of the ministry, but we have to get going. As it is, I am joyful and the vision and passion have hiked, the vibration is all over and I want to tell you that starting from now, it is no longer going to be the Adoration ministry that people knew before now in Jesus name, Amen.”

Here is what he said about his relationship with the Jonathan family and how it went sour. He had initially blessed Goodluck Jonathan before suddenly changing positions in a fiery New Year message last year. He defended his about-turn this way: ”Prophetic area is a life that is spiritual, Holy Spirit controls that atmosphere. The Holy Spirit who gives you life now can take it one minute after. He does not make mistakes and because you are living last night and died in the morning does not mean he has made mistake. He is unchangeable God that can change circumstances. Remember what happened in the book of Isaiah 38. The same prophet who told Hezekiah that you are going to die; Hezekiah knelt down and prayed to God that he doesn’t want to die. Isaiah had not even walked one minute when the Holy Spirit told him to go back and told the same Hezekiah that he would be added fifteen more years. But before then, many people have heard that God told Hezekiah through Isaiah that he is going to die and many of them heard again that the same God said he would live again.

”Prophet life is a gift. God has been using me to prophesy since my days in the primary school and all of them have been true. In my primary three, even when I knew nothing, people will come to me and say, tell us what you know about me. I don’t see it always and I don’t know any particular thing that I do and I begin to see it, but when it comes, I will speak it like that and it will be true.

”So the case of Jonathan and the wife, God in heaven knew that apart from the offertory the woman gave at the Altar, (which amount I knew), I took that amount and put in the bag that one of the aides of the former President brought (it was a small bag filled with dollars in appreciation). But the Holy Spirit said, send back this money and I returned the whole money plus the one she put as offertory. All of them were returned back. There is no one kobo of Jonathan or Mrs Jonathan in my hand. The Holy Spirit rejected all of them. When the saga was going on, I put my hands on the altar, swore an oath that if I ever touched Jonathan’s one kobo, may he win the election and that if I never and am being accused of it, he will fail the election. I demanded the phone number, not for any personal encounter, it was so that if any message comes that we could give to him privately, we will do so. Some prophecies should not be made public, but when the person that should receive it privately inhibits the opportunity of receiving it, God may force you to air it publicly. It burns like fire in your heart. I don’t take bribe from anybody. God blessed me.”

The pastor claimed that he does not live by offertory. “Throughout my stay in GRA, I was never fed with one kobo of offertory money. I am a musician; I have Music worth multimillion naira. I don’t know how to write solfa notation, it comes by inspiration and it is a gift from God. But I swore an oath that whatever God gives to me will go for charity, to help the poor and less privileged, the church and ministry.

”The type of church I am talking about is the interdenominational and even inter- religious. When I want to do charity, I don’t look at who is a Moslem or Christian, it is global. So why would I take money from Mrs Jonathan for what? If I need money from them, I know what was offered me but I don’t need that kind of money. At that time people were saying five million naira, but if I tell you what I was offered, you will drop what you are holding. Two senators were there when I returned the money, one of them, said if he was in my shoes, he will take the money and be prepared to die. He said a normal man of God cannot return it and I said then, I am not normal. I left the money there and came back. So when they could not give me their number, they asked Kennedy Opara to give me his number. So I will call Kennedy that we were praying for them to win the election. I did not prophesy the day the woman came. I was praying for them and then on December 31, the prophesy came undiluted, just like the prophesy of 2013 that Nigerian oil boom time will turn to oil doom, that Jonathan should wake up and diversify our economy, that in distance time, our naira will have a problem, our oil will fail in the market. The warning was for us to maximize the boom time and wait for the doom period. The analogy given was Joseph quoted from Genesis chapter 49. Nobody listened; many men of God started criticizing me. I never criticized any man of God because of his message.

“I would say that the prophecy was that Jonathan will not win the election and he didn’t win it. What else do we need to do to know it is true? The accomplishments, the fulfillment and realization of prophetic utterance prove the reality. If it is God, it must come to pass, if it is not God, it must not come to pass. God cannot fail and if he had authored a prophecy, he will finish it. So the issue of Jonathan and his money, God in heaven knows, none of their one kobo was given to me. Why are people even making noise, before Jonathan came, the prophecy came that the next president will come from Niger Delta, so why are they making noise. The day Abacha died, prophecy came a week before (Wednesday before the Monday he died), that the president will die next week. Instead of his aides coming to ask about the solution (because most of the time, when God gives me a prophecy, he gives the solution). Instead of asking how it could be averted, they pursued me; even my mechanic was almost killed that time. They continued to witch hunt me. I ran into the bush, from Thursday morning, Friday, Saturday and on Sunday came from the bush to celebrate mass and the message kept coming that Abacha’s death was imminent and the next day, I was in the chapel when the message came that Abacha was no more. So that is it. I don’t know how it came. That I am a priest does not mean I am not Ejike Mbaka. So there is nothing fake or political about my prophetic life. I don’t say things to gain anything.

”Even President Buhari, when it was prophesied that he was going to be the president, I had never seen or known him then. When eventually I met him (Buhari) when I went for prayers at Aso Rock (not the day people saw me shaking hands with him); what I demanded from him is good governance for Nigeria. I didn’t ask him to give me one kobo. One kobo of Buhari has never entered my hand. So when Abacha eventually died on Monday, people shuddered. I ask people to respect God and respect his words and ways.”

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/02/why-i-rejected-jonathans-dollars.html

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by Yorubasgreat(f): 9:04am On Feb 02, 2016
Yeah, you are a great priest, a super man of God..

We have heard all that before, but what is strange to us now is this hardship,
This hunger,
This joblessness,
This tyranny,
This terrorizm,
This cluelessness,
This Liar Muhafairytales,
This blame game 'blame GEJ',
This NA high handedness as witnessed in Zaria and parts of SE,
This Budget Williwilli (disappear & re-appear),
This gating of kwaruption (DasukiGate, EkitiGate, PickpocketGate)
This BuhruBuhru Garagara of Bubu-de-Saint.

Please, Father could you now profess to him again this time personally that Election is now ''Technically" over and that the "Cordinated" chanji he promised is transforming us into Chaff..

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by agarawu23(m): 9:04am On Feb 02, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by chriskosherbal(m): 9:04am On Feb 02, 2016
Hmmm reasons
Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by PoliticalThuG(m): 9:05am On Feb 02, 2016
Hit like for mbaka

82 Likes

Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by mayorkyzo: 9:05am On Feb 02, 2016
This guy talks too much for a catholic priest...

40 Likes

Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 02, 2016
There's nothing spiritual about your prediction. Any observer, either local or int'l knew Jonathan wasn't going to likely win with odds stacked against him after 6 years in power and APC's grip on media and the many decampings from PDP.

I wonder what these pastors would say when European historians or catholics eventually come out to state Christianity as a religion was an invention and things written in the bible about Jesus were false?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by oshyno(m): 9:26am On Feb 02, 2016
I'm a catholic but not a fan of Fr mbaka. I remeber during chimaroke regime where he profesied that he will never win 2nd term, infact he said he will die. D man won and even became a senator after that.

I don't need anybody to tell me d oil doom comming when Iran was seen mending fences with US. Shale oil was being produced. Soo which other prophet do u need to know d doom was comming.

My Rev Fr is making more political incursion than spiritual. He shud face his calling.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by whitestar01(m): 9:27am On Feb 02, 2016
Where are haters make una comooooooo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 02, 2016
What do you mean? Talking is his major calling. The guy is a preacher, a teacher and a prophet for crying out loud. The only way he can fulfil his calling/ministry is by talking. How do u think we got some of the books of books of the bible? Prophets & preachers talked. Bros leave Mbaka alone to do his work. He is not just a priest, he is also a prophet

mayorkyzo:

12 Likes

Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by asksteve(m): 9:30am On Feb 02, 2016
Is dat all he has to say?
Did d prophesy not also tell him how d economy will crumble under GMB n how he would bring hardship on d ppl n even rob dem. And how GMB will be more clueless n dullard together cos d same same policy makers/initiators/corrupt politicians dat ruined GEJ government r d ppl around GMB shouting that PDP has ruled n ruined d country.
Let Mbarka either tell GMB prophesies of how to get Nigeria out of the mess they have put it or keep quiet.
The time for trying to bring GEJ government down is over, GEJ is out of office .
Mbarka n APC r yet to wake up to d fact that GMB the APC candidate is now in office, instead of wasting time to paint GEJ n his administration bad pls think of how to move Nigeria forward.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by asksteve(m): 9:41am On Feb 02, 2016
Is dat all he has to say?
Did d prophesy not also tell him how d economy will crumble under GMB n how he would bring hardship on d ppl n even rob dem. And how GMB will be more clueless n dullard together cos d same same policy makers/initiators/corrupt politicians dat ruined GEJ government r d ppl around GMB shouting that PDP has ruled n ruined d country.
Let Mbarka either tell GMB prophesies of how to get Nigeria out of the mess they have put it or keep quiet.
The time for trying to bring GEJ government down is over, GEJ is out of office .
Mbarka n APC r yet to wake up to d fact that GMB the APC candidate is now in office, instead of wasting time to paint GEJ n his administration bad pls think of how to move Nigeria forward.

That aside is Mbarka not a Catholic priest, let him tell us the truth, after serving 20yrars in one parish is he not over due for transfer? The problem is he has gotten too comfortable for a priest so transfer became witch haunt for him.
I blame the diocese for keeping him in one parish for dat long.

11 Likes

Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by dipopooo(m): 10:52am On Feb 02, 2016
shocked grin
Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by Firefire(m): 10:52am On Feb 02, 2016
You see...
Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by TippyTop(m): 10:52am On Feb 02, 2016
Why don't this man just contest as an APC candidate, he is more a politician than a clergyman.

3 Likes

Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by Firefire(m): 10:53am On Feb 02, 2016
Mbaka, the man with many mouth...

Bringing discredit to Priesthood.

I admonish Father Mbaka to please make haste into politics and stop this show of shame.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by nairaman66(m): 10:53am On Feb 02, 2016
Can of worms opening!

1 Like

Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by InstAkpati123: 10:53am On Feb 02, 2016
Guy just shut the f up and stop rubbing the church in dirty politics.

If you want to be a politician you can quit the pulpit and start off your political career, You have fans already biko

Haba.. . Enough of this holier than thou attitude

6 Likes

Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by tolexy007(m): 10:54am On Feb 02, 2016
shocked
Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by Nathdoug(m): 10:54am On Feb 02, 2016
Endtime
Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by Echatbook: 10:55am On Feb 02, 2016
hmmm
Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by Echatbook: 10:55am On Feb 02, 2016
Nathdoug:
Endtime
Good morning my fellow nairalanders have not been active for quite sometime now and that's because I have been working on some projects. Well basically today I present to you NaijaConnect which is forked from Telegram App. It works just like whatsapp but better than whatsapp and below I will explain few things about the app, kindly download the app and give a review. You can follow us on twitter @o_naijaconnect.

Q: What is NaijaConnect? What do I do here?
Naija Connect is a messaging app with a focus on speed and security, it’s super-fast, simple and free. You can use Naija Connect on all your devices at the same time — your messages sync seamlessly across any number of your phones, tablets or computers.
With Naija Connect, you can send messages, photos, videos and files of any type (doc, zip, mp3, etc) making it easy to share presentations and others, as well as create groups for up to 1000 members or channels for broadcasting to unlimited audiences. You can write to your phone contacts and find people by their username. As a result, Naija Connect is like SMS and email combined — and can take care of all your personal or business messaging needs.

Q: Who is Naija Connect for?
Naija Connect is for everyone who wants fast and reliable messaging. Business users and small teams may like the large groups, desktop apps and powerful file sharing options. Since Naija Connect groups can have up to 1000 members, we support replies, mentions and hashtags that help maintain order and keep communication in large communities efficient.

In case you're more into pictures, Naija Connect has animated gif search, a state of the art photo editor and an open sticker platform. What‘s more, there is no need to worry about disk space on your device. With Naija Connect’s cloud support and cache management options, Naija Connect can take up nearly zero space on your phone.

Those looking for extra privacy should check out our advanced settings and rather revolutionary policy. And if you want secrecy, try our device-specific Secret Chats with self-destructing messages, photos, and videos — and lock your app with an additional passcode.

Q: How is Telegram different from WhatsApp?
Unlike WhatsApp, Naija Connect is a cloud-based messenger with seamless sync. As a result, you can access your messages from several devices at once, including tablets and computers, and share an unlimited number of photos, videos and files (doc, zip, mp3, etc.) of up to 1,5 GB each. And if you don't want to store that data on your device, you can always keep it in the cloud.

Thanks to our multi-data center infrastructure and encryption, Naija Connect is faster and way more secure. On top of that, Naija Connect is free and will stay free — no ads, no subscription fees, forever.

You can download the app from playstore by using this link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.naijaconnect.messenger. If you have any question regarding the app kindly ask here and we will try our best to reply
Thanks,
The NaijaConnect Team

1 Like

Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 02, 2016
You rejected jonathan's money but when you got transfered from G.R.A to a downtown village you were busy crying and accusing people . Or did you forget something in G.R.A. The church is tired of this embarassment,that was why they moved you to the village to be an assistant because you no longer deemed fit to Lead the church. Men of God should know when to talk and when not to talk. Father mbaka you mustn't answer all interview questions, if what you saying doesn't in a way solve any of the problems affecting members of the society just keep quiet

6 Likes

Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by Lilimax(f): 10:55am On Feb 02, 2016
omg!
Father Mbaka should learn to adopt the silent mode at this critical point in his life and Ministry.
Nigeria Journalist may not help him at this point cos they're looking for stories to write to sell their tabloids.
If he didn't guard his tongue at this point, he may land himself into more troubles with the Catholic church.

5 Likes

Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by sammyj: 10:56am On Feb 02, 2016
cheesy Thank God you did not collect part of that corrupt blood money from the clueless one otherwise the rot of God , the people and the state would have been after you right now!!! cool

2 Likes

Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by banmee(m): 10:56am On Feb 02, 2016
mayorkyzo:

Nigerians love people like that. They admire the weird and obnoxious. They are easily dazzled.
Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by emmyw(m): 10:56am On Feb 02, 2016
Let me read first
Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by lifestyle1(m): 10:57am On Feb 02, 2016
Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by Sijo01(f): 10:57am On Feb 02, 2016
This man should lie low abeg. Enough of this media noise.
Re: Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" by kennyman2000(m): 10:58am On Feb 02, 2016
Hmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye: Naira Will Be Powerful Again / Which Gospel Music Moves You So Much? / Why Catholics Pray Through Mary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.