Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

How To Start Your Own Rice Business With 60k - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start Your Own Rice Business With 60k (15186 Views)

Pls, What Business Can I Start With #60k / I'm A Young Graduate Looking For An Investor For My Rice Business. / Rice Business : Make 50k - 100k Profit Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start Your Own Rice Business With 60k by adetunjiyomi(m): 10:05am On Feb 02, 2016
When I started, I thought it was a difficult thing. First, I went to Takum Local government in Taraba state to learn rice processing, because it was hard to find a large processing or milling enterprise in the southwest and most were not ready to teach. After my two weeks training in Taraba, I went to Benue state to make more findings. These two states are part of the largest rice farming states in Nigeria, and they are known to have a lot of small mills. Armed with the knowledge of rice processing and business from other states, I came to Ado Ekiti to establish a medium scale rice processing unit which has been thriving ever since. It was, as matter of fact, arguably the largest processing unit in Ekiti state. With this three years of ever increasing success in rice processing, packaging and marketing, I thought of sharing my knowledge, showing you how you can also profit by being a rice processor.

Business is business. It has no other name for it. Call it agribusiness or what have you, it is still business. To start you own rice business, you need a minimum capital of 60k. Well, as a startup you are not getting a processing unit with 60k. For records sake, you'll need about 100million to install an average of 20tons per day processing unit. Lets leave the quantity aside and focus on the small, I mean really really small scale rice business. Which you can start with 60k.

Step 1: Get your capital.
I don't know how. Just get your capital. Don't steal it cause you might end up in jail. You can ask a friend, tell your family, or just save it. I don't really advice borrowing, but if you can get it at 1 digit interest rate, why not?

Step 2: Decide your rice variety.
You really need to investigate all kinds of rice varieties in Nigeria. At least the popular ones. Usually always location determined. If you are from the North NERICA and Farrow should be your best bet. If you are in the sourhtwest, Ofada is most popular. The choice is yours.

Step 3: Decide your market
Better still, look for one. Your market is your business and not the product. Yes the product is the value you offer for money. But the people in your market are the ones that will pay. No pay no business.

Step 4: Look for a Your miller
This is where your work really starts. You need to go to the rural areas where there are local rice millers. Look for a miller with "near modern" equipment and excellent perboiling and drying techniques. Also look out for high level of hygiene. ADVICE: Make a call to a friend in such areas before you started out.

Step 5: Packaging! Packaging!! Packaging!!!
After all the work has been done. You must present yourself, your product in the right package to attract the best buyers.

Budget:
Transport and carriage 10k
Initial rice 21k
packaging 20k
misc. 8k

Contact me for more info.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Start Your Own Rice Business With 60k by 9japrof(m): 10:21am On Feb 02, 2016
I stay in Niger state and would love giving this agro biz a try.

can you gimme your contacts details maybe ur pin or number let's take it from there.

1 Like

Re: How To Start Your Own Rice Business With 60k by adetunjiyomi(m): 10:27am On Feb 02, 2016
Abayomi 08107000957
Re: How To Start Your Own Rice Business With 60k by mrsage(m): 11:32am On Feb 02, 2016
Keep it up guys
Re: How To Start Your Own Rice Business With 60k by mekaboy(m): 2:25pm On Feb 02, 2016
You have not told us how much u make from the 60k
Re: How To Start Your Own Rice Business With 60k by millhouse: 11:22am On Feb 05, 2016
mekaboy:
You have not told us how much u make from the 60k
I tell you
Re: How To Start Your Own Rice Business With 60k by ojesymsym: 1:04am On Feb 17, 2016
Expatriate on this topic
adetunjiyomi:
When I started, I thought it was a difficult thing. First, I went to Takum Local government in Taraba state to learn rice processing, because it was hard to find a large processing or milling enterprise in the southwest and most were not ready to teach. After my two weeks training in Taraba, I went to Benue state to make more findings. These two states are part of the largest rice farming states in Nigeria, and they are known to have a lot of small mills. Armed with the knowledge of rice processing and business from other states, I came to Ado Ekiti to establish a medium scale rice processing unit which has been thriving ever since. It was, as matter of fact, arguably the largest processing unit in Ekiti state. With this three years of ever increasing success in rice processing, packaging and marketing, I thought of sharing my knowledge, showing you how you can also profit by being a rice processor.

Business is business. It has no other name for it. Call it agribusiness or what have you, it is still business. To start you own rice business, you need a minimum capital of 60k. Well, as a startup you are not getting a processing unit with 60k. For records sake, you'll need about 100million to install an average of 20tons per day processing unit. Lets leave the quantity aside and focus on the small, I mean really really small scale rice business. Which you can start with 60k.

Step 1: Get your capital.
I don't know how. Just get your capital. Don't steal it cause you might end up in jail. You can ask a friend, tell your family, or just save it. I don't really advice borrowing, but if you can get it at 1 digit interest rate, why not?

Step 2: Decide your rice variety.
You really need to investigate all kinds of rice varieties in Nigeria. At least the popular ones. Usually always location determined. If you are from the North NERICA and Farrow should be your best bet. If you are in the sourhtwest, Ofada is most popular. The choice is yours.

Step 3: Decide your market
Better still, look for one. Your market is your business and not the product. Yes the product is the value you offer for money. But the people in your market are the ones that will pay. No pay no business.

Step 4: Look for a Your miller
This is where your work really starts. You need to go to the rural areas where there are local rice millers. Look for a miller with "near modern" equipment and excellent perboiling and drying techniques. Also look out for high level of hygiene. ADVICE: Make a call to a friend in such areas before you started out.

Step 5: Packaging! Packaging!! Packaging!!!
After all the work has been done. You must present yourself, your product in the right package to attract the best buyers.

Budget:
Transport and carriage 10k
Initial rice 21k
packaging 20k
misc. 8k

Contact me for more info.
Re: How To Start Your Own Rice Business With 60k by GeeOh(f): 4:37am On Feb 17, 2016
Pls show us some picture of ur gds
Re: How To Start Your Own Rice Business With 60k by Jibola77: 11:30am On Aug 05, 2017
The ofada Rice.Com farmillionaires initiative is one you guys should be interested in. Right now its only eligible to current Ofada rice farmers so investment is not wasted. But if you have the skills and know-how already then you could also apply. https://www.ofadarice.com/ofada/farmillionaires/ . The initiative is a perfect opportunity for those who are not lazy since your produce for the next few years is already paid for and they provide you with interns. Am not 100% sure of how it works, but I mean, what an opportunity!
Re: How To Start Your Own Rice Business With 60k by alexmicheal500: 8:44pm On Jul 25, 2020
Why stay at home been jobless when you can start the trade of everyday foods. We can do without our computers and phones but not foods. We are SUPER DELIVERY EXPRESS. We are distributors of food grains for over 5 years and have contacts of rice farms and mills as our core is delivering affordable ABAKALIKI RICE in 25kg and 50kg at affordable price. We also distribute Egba Garri and Ijebu-Garri. If you need fresh unpasteurized cow milk for production of cheese, yoghurt, ice cream e.t.c which costs 900 naira per litre. We are always always at your service as we are affiliated to a dairy farm in Ogun and Oyo State. If interested in these raw products, contact me on WHATSAPP @ 08150823710 OR CALL 07053717929.

Re: How To Start Your Own Rice Business With 60k by Roy1918(m): 10:24am On Sep 02, 2022
Why have this group have been silent like this?

Please I need some person's with experience to help with suggestions, I'm planning on buying food stuff from the north and selling in the south and vice versa

Please I will be glad if anyone could share more light on the processes, t for thanks

(1) (Reply)

This Devaluation ‘be Like’ 419!: Henry Boyo / Winners At Nigerian Customer Service Awards / My Sales Boys/girls Steal From Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.