Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,838 members, 7,798,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus (25801 Views)

Donald Trump: There Will Be World War III If You Elect Hillary Clinton / Hillary Clinton Collapses At 9/11 Ceremony, Rushed Out In Ambulance / Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by Missy89(f): 11:43pm On Feb 02, 2016
uniklinkum:

Yeah but the young voters did it for Obama years ago.. his plans are so realistic cos he won't be detered by establishment people and lobbyists organization, they have no impact in his making. What happened to veto power in shaping the legislative into shape. Funny enough most developing countries have been able to implement most of Sanders ideas with no ish.. Germany and Finland on free tuition, Holland on decriminalization of marijuana and smaller prisons. Let watch and see as the roller coaster goes. This is about the middle class and the real people standing up against those blackmailing them with lower wages and threatening them on moving operations to China and India.

Seems you dont have clear understanding how veto and EOs works. Are you saying President Sanders will be passing his radical laws with executive fiat without the consent of the congress every time? Even those can be altered by the congress or declared unconstitutional and vacated by the supreme court. There is no bypassing the hill if you want real change and that is where the real corruption and special lobbyist reside.

European style of government is different from America. Parliamentary style of government allows politicians to have party agendas and compromise for the good of the party and there is always a clear policy. In America however, you run based on your own ideals and party ideology and goals are not well defined and are very vague. This means someone like Sanders is unlikely to succeed in "a winner take all, My Idea only" American system.

It was an unintentional mistake by the founding fathers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by uniklinkum(m): 11:47pm On Feb 02, 2016
gokuu:

Conduct of foreign policy is usually an executive thing. There was no bill regarding lifting of sanctions that went through congress. Republicans would have blocked it. You seem to think there's a consensus in America. There isn't one. Obama won huge victories in 2008 yet republicans blocked everything they could block. Sanders "political revolution" where he has everyone falling in line with his agenda is a pipe dream.

Damn!!! Even Obama negotiated with em gop peeps. Everyone is tired of the establishment peeps running the whole show.... Who f**king thinks about whether there are consensus or no consensus but it's public knowledge that the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac can play speculative financial underdeals and get bailed out with public money. Whereas at the blink of the eye they are willing to move operations abroad to let peeps get low wages. Smell the coffee mate, the time now is at the stop where middle class peeps and the socially disenfranchised fellows wanna get there country back from this greedy lots.
Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by uniklinkum(m): 11:50pm On Feb 02, 2016
Missy89:

Seems you dont have clear understanding how veto and EOs works. Are you saying President Sanders will be passing his radical laws with executive fiat without the consent of the congress every time? Even those can be altered by the congress or declared unconstitutional and vacated by the supreme court. There is no bypassing the hill if you want real change and that is where the real corruption and special lobbyist reside.

European style of government is different from America. Parliamentary style of government allows politicians to have party agendas and compromise for the good of the party and there is always a clear policy. In America however, you run based on your own ideals and party ideology and goals are not well defined and are very vague. This means someone like Sanders is unlikely to succeed in "a winner take all, My Idea only" American system.

It was an unintentional mistake by the founding fathers

Yeah the veto power might not be an 100% tool to work out those plans, but definitely there will be compromises here and there and lobbying with the guys at the hill. But y'all should admit Bernie plans are just to move power back to the people and get us all out of the wall street rogues.
Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by Missy89(f): 11:57pm On Feb 02, 2016
uniklinkum:

Yeah the veto power might not be an 100% tool to work out those plans, but definitely there will be compromises here and there and lobbying with the guys at the hill. But y'all should admit Bernie plans are just to move power back to the people and get us all out of the wall street rogues.

Then he needs to stay in the Senate and make laws. All we need in like 50 Sanders in congress to get most of his ideas into laws not the white house really. People should move power to themselves by electing fresh faces into congress. That is power to the people in my opinion. Radical changes through the executive is a shortcut that wont work.
Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by twize(m): 12:07am On Feb 03, 2016
Ted Cruz is the man not Clinton, is it a family affair? The husband has ruled let somebody else have that seat.
Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by Godsonkemz(m): 1:19am On Feb 03, 2016
What happened? This is a new development because last time I checked Ted Cruz was leading, while Donald Trump following with few points. Hope its not gonna be like INEC inconclusive poll.
Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by Zellie: 1:29am On Feb 03, 2016
Is 701 and 697 not a tie grin grin .

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by raayah(f): 1:53am On Feb 03, 2016
twize:
Ted Cruz is the man not Clinton, is it a family affair? The husband has ruled let somebody else have that seat.

I guess we can say so for Hilary. Men have ruled all the while, why not a woman?

2 Likes

Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by raayah(f): 1:54am On Feb 03, 2016
Godsonkemz:
What happened? This is a new development because last time I checked Ted Cruz was leading, while Donald Trump following with few points. Hope its not gonna be like INEC inconclusive poll.

This is the democratic caucus, Trump is republican

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by Missy89(f): 3:24am On Feb 03, 2016
Zellie:
Is 701 and 697 not a tie grin grin .

If that is the score in a basketball game, will the match go to overtime?

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by nikz(f): 6:38am On Feb 03, 2016
I love the way Americans conduct themselves during election transparency all the way. I pray she wins! First American female president!

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by yahrant140(m): 6:42am On Feb 03, 2016
Hillary is the queen of the chaos, apocalypse awaiting for the world!
Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by Zellie: 7:30am On Feb 03, 2016
Missy89:

If that is the score in a basketball game, will the match go to overtime?
I don't watch basketball
Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by Missy89(f): 7:31am On Feb 03, 2016
Zellie:
I don't watch basketball

of course you dont

1 Like

Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by Zellie: 8:02am On Feb 03, 2016
Missy89:

of course you dont
hey don't get all serious. She won, I was kidding
Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by gokuu(m): 8:06am On Feb 03, 2016
twize:
Anyone can run for president. Coming from a party with presidential history doesn't preclude you from running. I smell a whiff of sexism in your comments, you probably wanted to say she shouldn't be president because she's a woman but you didn't want to seem too retro, so you found another false line of attack.
Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by gokuu(m): 8:09am On Feb 03, 2016
yahrant140:
Hillary is the queen of the chaos, apocalypse awaiting for the world!
This is an example of what Hillary calls "a vast right-wing conspiracy theory"
Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by ekoko1: 10:23am On Feb 03, 2016
healthyarena:
I love hilary
you are loving the wrong person, any country she goes to never remains the same again if she doesn't get what she wants
Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by Godiloveu(f): 10:53am On Feb 03, 2016
adioolayi:
Female President for Americans..is Jack Bauer's 24hrs coming to reality? grin

It is true o, he got a black president as Senator Palmer, and a Female president in season 8. Abeg, I dey for Sec. Hillary back.

After den I go come process my Visa go greet her personally.
Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by God2man(m): 11:36am On Feb 03, 2016
This woman is good.
Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by Nobody: 12:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
petkoffDrake:
[color=#990000][/color] what about DAT loud mouth guy

'pose you're talking about Mr Trump. This' about the Democrats, so go check out Republcans for Trump's gists. Thank you though.
Re: Hillary Clinton Declared Victory In Iowa Caucus by Bishops10(m): 11:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
What happened to our Living Legend
Dr Benjamin Carson? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Justin Trudeau Pelted With Gravel During Campaign Trail In Ontario / Hamas' Deputy Head, Salah Al-arouri Killed In Israel Drone Strike (photo) / US Reps Reintroduce #EndSARS Resolution For 117th Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.