Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) (15990 Views)

Nairaland Rapper, Limerick Just Got Signed To Olamide's YBNL Records / One of The Most Creative NL Rapper Limerick Puts Out Another Classic Song / Nairaland's Rapper "Limerick" Out With A Creative True Life Story Rap Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 02, 2016
download link: http://www.datafilehost.com/d/404ac7ff

Hello!, ladies & gentlemen, we are back @ it again with the 2nd edition of the Nairaland audio rap cypher, 2016.
The unholy triumvirate of Darkrebel, Limerick and Jreyez decided to vent a little bit on the mic and entertain y'all with some sumptuous & classical lyricism.
Each brought a different flavour, thereby making it one of the most theatrical & multifaceted rap cypher ever. More like the iconic BET cypher that featured Yasin Bey, Black thoughts & Eminem cheesy

Here's my assessment...

•Limerick was ballistic & spazzed like H.E with two hockey sticks after it. The skilled Edo emcee didn't tongue-twist this time around though grin

•Jreyez body-bagged & toe-tagged the beat - is he trying to be the Rakim Allah of Nigeria? cheesy

•And Darkrebel as usual was all about the Tasmanian devil persona. Legend has it that he freestyled 80% of his bàrs on the spot! cheesy

Enough of the rigmarole. Let's get down to biz.
Even though we did this strictly for fun & for the love of the art, we'd like to see your reviews, feedbacks & constructive criticisms so we can do better next time.

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/404ac7ff

That's the download link once again, and the rap lyrics are below if you wanna read while listening.
Lest I forget, the instrumental was made by our very own Mr. Jreyez(KeySounds Music grin

Enjoy....... cheesy

34 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by Nobody: 11:52am On Feb 02, 2016
DARK REBEL'S VERSE

I'm a centaur, demigod, metal like Megatron
got canonised as the patron of metaphors
quit that bull talk, I am not a matador
I raise the bat like I'm Alfred Pennyworth
fiend with the pen, rappers get shredded
Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D, still hydra-headed
silent assassin, spazzing like Manson
even bïtch-slapped the fierce out of Sasha
Kanye West, gimme Scarlett Johansen
or I place that tech on the eldest Kardashian
David Berkowitz, gore and grand
The child of Sam Loco - I guess I'm the son of Sam
gripe the Nina, tightest squeezer
see me & the mic, we like Ike and Tina
cos I just beat her, Al Queda leader
rats snitch on me & die of Lassa fever
got breasts to stroke, cess to smoke
I'm that seed Makavelli sowed years ago
drop bombs in moshpits, the glock? I cöck it
don't act like a dick, I'm Lorena Bobbit
I finger pop it and vets will bleed
mess with the Zohan, but don't mess with me
I ace the game, box like David Blaine
dominate this bïtch like 50 shades of Grey
Abu Dhabi scion, rapping awesome
but y'all don't fit like spiderman in Gotham
You preposterous and you ludicrous
like the Prophet Mohammed on a crucifix
hemp trafficker, rocking that Nazi swastika
made my bucks off this Afro vernacular
so claiming I'm regular is as dumb as a blind man using binoculars
loco, not local, more like Zorro
melt the ice till there's none to love Coco
yank the piece, I'm really caprice
either Koba or Caesar, the Gorilla MC
my verse is the catalyst, high off the cannabis
This vocab of mine bamboozle every analyst
blossom with script, suckers get beat
had the wind give me gold, then threw caution to it
street poet, cause decapitations
The genius behind JFK's assassination
rouse the crowd, beam with the sound
Ali in this round, my clique is the pound
After this I'mma sleep on the couch
or go make some sweet love to my Kryptonian spouse
I'm outtie...

JREYEZ's LYRICS
Those are classic, the true hiphop in the frantic/
This is the art of the religion that we practice/
Rhyme assassin, grip the pen like a praying mantis/
But hey the fact is, the radio playing static/
Organic rhymers, speak the wrong and you hammered/
Fresh like piranha, scar-face my persona /
I'm all time wears, I'm multi heavy,
How you put a record out, when you got a pot belly/
Low level individuals, we maintain/
Hold your position to fight, we Proclaim/
Complex is the manuscript we propain/
Mind over matter, hiphop over fame.... /
I'm unchained to be a slave to the entertainment trade/
A pioneer of rhythm and poetry, translate/
My man says educational is mandate/
My mind state unequivocal like landscape/
That's how we get down, one man couple of rounds/
Dope like a white powder, i mean couple of pounds/
We Congest and cosign , and ride in cold times/
Unbelievers get apprehensive where it's show time/
Get high like astro, knowledge hive of plato/
Get extra ammo, for the microphone commando/
these are the places of the imminent races/
Your wack Niggas full of shit you can't even say shit/
My Life solar, steal my shine, you get Bipolar/
A bar scholar, ahead of my time, Niggas rhyme soda/
My transcoder expose a nigga leave him blindfolder /
You might hold your breath for a sec we in the pagoda/
*You get to feel the genius of the intellectual rhyme closer/
On broad ways, i carry Punchlines on my shoulder/
Bars bars, all the ladies they get high over, king navas on the throne, Y'all Niggas i told ya/
I rhyme tight, Einstein when the times right/
I write blight, attrite Niggas blind sight/
Conversation with the devil in the lime light/
Tell me how you go stand with the mic stand/
True African lyricist... Dark and raw, /
The Midlands feel the heat, yea darken rahl/
that old school feel, with the new school slang/
My whole crew real, got a few wu tang/
*Man, I'm restless, my freedom of speech gets relentless/
How i drop knowledge on the microphone, leave em senseless/
Out they senses, you really think you could vent this?/
Biometric of kkendrick around me, it's a centric/
with a few glads, giyaz, spitzofrenik...i know Y'all spit that real noun for the clinic/
Darkrebel with the black label, he elevate with the metaphors,man.. look at that aerial/
Phatman, in fact man.. You're are the fact man, made a lot of G's burn out flat man./
Limerick, I'm i to speak on your behalf? You got that buzz like a bee hive/
Navas with the intellectual fire power, Manifest in a second, drop verses in a minute I'm the man of the hour/
It's nav..

LIMERICK'S LYRICS

Listen I'm a beast, big enough to think I'm castrated; An animal I'm lyrically writing bars n@ked
My raps aiming and shooting bullets, you bad fated: I bully bullies and rookies, the truth is you can't make it
I was right when I talked about the Nairaland cypher, sh*t! Last year, I got the whole o' Nairaland ciphering
Me I nor dey brag, Edo boiy would just murk the track; and leave these other rappers clueless, I just hope they understand
Yo, Listen Up!!
I just got an order to be ready! Sick enough to blow your mind and take a brother to medic
Brother listen clearly; you know that I'll never disrespect but
You can never be a star if you were covered with asterisks..
Yah! Nobody capable of beating my intelligence!! My tongue travelled 8 miles and spitting like its Eminem
Its evident! Ama take advantage of their negligence; and show them what it takes to be a moda effing president!!
Yo, I be breaking - all the bones of the haters; I got close to sedatives
Gave a dose to the fakers, when I ball for niggas that hate it
Give the blows, to Okocha, When Jay rise(Jreyez); Ama show you how I smoke conversation!!!
Perparazi taking shots like he ain even want a trouser; I know you see(UC) but I ain even used the browser.
God-Flow's the magic, used a few abracadabra; I'm outstanding, a lyrical version of bouncers
And Darkrebel wey be wan con dey form like he be spitting sh*t
I go put Micheal behind these bars like say na prison break
My metaphors no tight shey? Navas self go hear am; Edo boiy dey para i put the blame on the vietnams, yo
Back to the bars, No I'm - black to the bone; I bring disaster, this time I'm getting cassidy owned
Shout out to BIS on Nairaland, dude was a Glad on the throne; and ffuck Mikuz, ffuck him for being wack on the throne
Dude I'd be snapping your bones and cracking your skulls if you disrespect
Glad that you know, a man thats a god - like Peter Pan
Bitch there ain no meaner man, you all know that that's a talent
You ffuck around and get struck in a flash like Barry Allen
Shout out to krone, y'all know the glad is cool; shout out to teddybiyasi, shout out to Gladys too
Shout out to Jigsaw, I'm sorry that I had him schooled; and shout out to Ishilove although she always acts a ffool
But then,
Lalasticlala is the man for the drama, he banning romancers and rappers on fire
You better show me some love if you dey gbadun my grammar, sarcastically speaking, I'm racking bandannas
Nobody keeps it lock down like I do with my penitentiary bars; my head set, its why my accessories last
Yah, I don't go nut(north), y'all know I go from west to the south; your best is a liar, except that best is actually I
Gat the kinda
rap attack that makes the snow fall in Nigeria, watch it I'm sick, I'm sniffing drugs in a cinema
Of course, this is clinical! Someone call the doctor; I'm sick enough to die and resurrect before the rapture

66 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 02, 2016
Jreyez....take over..

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
Real Classic

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by Limerick: 12:59pm On Feb 02, 2016
FrontPage abeg!!!
Lalasticlala bro, remember you are the man for the drama smiley

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by joseph1832(m): 1:22pm On Feb 02, 2016
Doveda, sorry laveda, oya put pen on paper and drop something. No be just to win award oh. grin LOL.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
Mehnnnn...Dope sh¡t. If this thread doesn't make front page i'll pull Olamide on y'all. Once again, very dope sh¡t. Proudly a nairalander cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
Sadly, I couldn't download the files so whoever has it and is one my contact list should Whatsapp me.

Meanwhile, here's something to motivate ya'll.

50 Greatest rappers of all time.
www.uk.askmen.com/entertainment/galleries/best-rappers-of-all-time.html

#Pose4TheBoss.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2016

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by GIYAZZ(m): 2:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
Haha! This is some dōpe shìt! y'all murdered the cypher!! cheesy

Every line is arguably a quotable. I liked the schemes, punchlines and different deliveries from each of you. Though I still think Navas devoured his part more with that sassy and wicked flow. I love it! Favorite lines: "you get to feel the genius of the intellectual
rhyme closer/
On broad ways, i carry Punchlines on my shoulder" DAMN!!!!!

The Midlands feel the heat, yea darken rahl/ Haha! Legend of the Seeker!!!!! cheesy

Limerick was the most comical of all. He's bars were funny as hell. Plus his creativity was something else. Wonder why he didn't flip sha. Favorite line: "I'm outstanding, the lyrical version of bouncers"

Dark was nice. He had that Big Pun-Notorious BIG flow. Kinda bossy and braggadocios. I like his hyperboles. Favorite line: "Rat snitch on me and die of Lassa fever"

Overall, this cypher was awesome. The beat and sound is magic. Nice one!

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by GIYAZZ(m): 2:39pm On Feb 02, 2016
cc; Lalasticlala see rap food o. Lol. But on a more serious note, I think you should feature this thread on Front page. These guys worked hard to make this cypher a success for Nairaland and Nairalanders. All you could to recognize their efforts is move this to the FP. Please do so my brother. God bless

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by obesemf(m): 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2016
Brraaaaahhhh straight beasting.
Kinda glad i didn't record grin they'd have eaten me alive. Jreyez thanks for the S/O . This _shit is dope.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
GIYAZZ:
Haha! This is some dōpe shìt! y'all murdered the cypher!! cheesy

Every line is arguably a quotable. I liked the schemes, punchlines and different deliveries from each of you. Though I still think Navas devoured his part more with that sassy and wicked flow. I love it! Favorite lines: "you get to feel the genius of the intellectual
rhyme closer/
On broad ways, i carry Punchlines on my shoulder" DAMN!!!!!

The Midlands feel the heat, yea darken rahl/ Haha! Legend of the Seeker!!!!! cheesy

Limerick was the most comical of all. He's bars were funny as hell. Plus his creativity was something else. Wonder why he didn't flip sha. Favorite line: "I'm outstanding, the lyrical version of bouncers"

Dark was nice. He had that Big Pun-Notorious BIG flow. Kinda bossy and braggadocios. I like his hyperboles. Favorite line: "Rat snitch on me and die of Lassa fever"

Overall, this cypher was awesome. The beat and sound is magic. Nice one!

Help us use your social media skills to push this joint to FP na grin

7 Likes

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by jreyez(m): 3:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
darkenedrebel:

grin

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by luxanne(f): 4:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
Haha @ Limerick's bars.

Nice one guys, y'all did awesome smiley

I may not have the technical words to describe how I felt listening and nodding to each of your bars but I do know that, it felt good, all of it, and I enjoyed listening.

Thanks for the tag.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by luxanne(f): 4:50pm On Feb 02, 2016
GIYAZZ:
cc; Lalasticlala see rap food o. Lol. But on a more serious note, I think you should feature this thread on Front page. These guys worked hard to make this cypher a success for Nairaland and Nairalanders. All you could to recognize their efforts is move this to the FP. Please do so my brother. God bless

Endorsed!

Lalasticlala, pretty please.

I mean one could unwind listening to this after a long day, perfect time to have it on front page smiley
Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by GIYAZZ(m): 5:11pm On Feb 02, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Social media skills kwa? Lol. I will just hit Lalastic up on Fb. The cypher is dõpe. And that's my own little way of appreciating y'all for cooking it up.
Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by joseph1832(m): 6:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
PushMusic:
Record voice notes and let's feel your Vocal power.

That will make it more interesting.

I'm also a big fan of Rap culture and it's well beyond poetry and dissin.

My 2 Zimbabwean dollars. cheesy
You don't say. Can you give a couple of difference between rap and poetry?
Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 02, 2016
I'm speechless!!

This is inspiring!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
luxanne:
Haha @ Limerick's bars.

Nice one guys, y'all did awesome smiley

I may not have the technical words to describe how I felt listening and nodding to each of your bars but I do know that, it felt good, all of it, and I enjoyed listening.

Thanks for the tag.

Thanks. wink

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
joseph1832:
You don't say. Can you give a couple of difference between rap and poetry?

R.A.P
Rhythmically Applied Poetry.

As you can see, it's quiet different from pure poetry. cheesy
Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by joseph1832(m): 7:38pm On Feb 02, 2016
PushMusic:

R.A.P
Rhythmically Applied Poetry.

As you can see, it's quiet different from pure poetry. cheesy
And you don't think the fact that Rap is the rhythmmatic application to poetry makes it poetic? Rap make use of one of the strongest poetic devices ever, and that's Metaphor. So, Rap is poetry, just another type of poetry.

Not to forget, Rap makes use of line break, just like poetry.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 02, 2016
joseph1832:
And you don't think the fact that Rap is the rhythmmatic application to poetry makes it poetic? Rap make use of one of the strongest poetic devices ever, and that's Metaphor. So, Rap is poetry, just another type of poetry.

Not to forget, Rap makes use of line break, just like poetry.

I know these things already.

This thread would only interest me when it has voice notes to deliver the goodies. cheesy
Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 02, 2016
This is CLASSIC ...Well, is only a fool that will deny the intelligence and creativity in those bars. I paid attention to every line and above all their rare intellect to the art oscillates between clever and wise.

The audience ability to listen and crave for more ...shows that Hip-Hop is not dead.Before I go on with this short history, let me make a general observation- Rap is EXPRESSION .The thought in those bars is synonymous to privilege, freedom, wisdom and philosophy.

Darkenedrebel mind was free on the mic ...in a split of seconds he wasn't dormant of what to invent. I liked his infusion of characters in the cypher and many immature minds are going to think hard. Oh! here we are once again...he's being remarkably bright in metaphors.

JReyez, brought this wicked flow into the cypher and his conscious approach was inspirational. Well, we have withness the growth of a rapper-producer ...The beat will make you hold fast to dreams. You have shaped this thread with your miraculous beat.

Limerick, just showed us he can write his words into action.Hmmm, the way he dripped sarcasm on Mikuz and Ishilove was standard though.Overall, I appreciate you not forgetting your root ....The blueprint of Edo boy. You always possess our mind with your sense of humour.

We have come to the conclusion ...that rap music is the only truth.

Y'all did great .

CYPHER IS GOLD

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by jreyez(m): 11:16pm On Feb 02, 2016
Alexpissu cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by sinizia: 7:14am On Feb 03, 2016
This cypher was dripping with bars, puns and mets, punchlines and most importantly, visciousness, fluidity and intelligence!! That's how you rap on a cypher. The set-ups, the amazing deep and well-thought out words took the penmanship of these ninjas to whole different level. This is a classic!! I totally enjoyed it. Keep it guys.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 03, 2016
Gosshh. I can't get enuf of this.

See the reaction of a chic tongue

Cc darkenedrebel
Jreyez
Limerick

Again. Dop.e stuff
Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by ELYMAXiimus(m): 9:50am On Feb 03, 2016
Darkenedrebel!!! coolcoolcool

S/O to jreyez. Dope production!!!

Limerick I c you cool. But you for flip na.

All dope!!!

Rebel supprised me the most grin. I've always wondered and doubted that he'll be able to flow on the mic because of the way he packs extraneous words in his lyrics.

In fact, i read the lyrics first and lost interest. However, i reluctantly went for the audio, and . . .

It was worth my time! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by ELYMAXiimus(m): 9:52am On Feb 03, 2016
Now on replay cool
Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by ELYMAXiimus(m): 10:03am On Feb 03, 2016
Re: Nairaland Audio Rap Cypher 2.0 (Darkrebel, Jreyez, Limerick) by ELYMAXiimus(m): 10:03am On Feb 03, 2016
I go put michael behind these bars like sey na prison break. grin

f*ck mikuz for being wack on the throne grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's Your Best Nigerian-Foreign Collaboration? / NBC Fines Radio Station For Playing Falz's This Is Nigeria / The Rick Dee's Weekly Top 40 Show On Radio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.