Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa (30199 Views)

US Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave US If Donald Trump Wins / Donald Trump Wins US Presidential Election- 2016 US election results / Trump Wins Again, Trump Scores Big Win In Nevada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by henrydadon(m): 1:23am On Feb 03, 2016
adonbilivit:
Donald trump can't even win any body in his own ward. thank God, at least now my brother(black man) in Texas will stop worrying about being deported for just being a Nigerian living in U.S.

trump has been junked.
Americans are crazy people..the amount of support he has been getting is overwhelming
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by henrydadon(m): 1:24am On Feb 03, 2016
Lordave:
Just in Iowa.
yeah just in Iowa. .there still a long way to go..
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by Nobody: 1:30am On Feb 03, 2016
GoodGovernance:
Was Trump over rated?

Once reviled by fellow Republicans as a “wacko bird” eager to shut down the US government, Ted Cruz proved with his Iowa win that his arch-conservatism may yet propel him into the White House.

He has spent months seeking to out-maneuver his many rivals.

When he did so Monday night, surging past frontrunner Donald Trump as he rode a wave of enthusiastic support, it appeared to validate — if only for a few fleeting hours before the presidential race resumes — the political positions that have made Cruz such a compelling but controversial figure.

Cruz, who has fought hard to maintain a prominent place for faith in American life, is battling not just for the Republican nomination. He sees himself in a battle for the very soul of the country.

“Tonight is a victory for courageous conservatives across Iowa and all across this great nation,” Cruz said in his caucus victory speech.

“We’re seeing conservatives and evangelicals and libertarians and Reagan Democrats all coming together as one, and that terrifies Washington, DC.”

As a US Senate freshman, the 45-year-old Texan — an intellectual proponent of a grassroots movement that has simmered for years under the Republican mainstream — has barely three years under his belt in national politics.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/us-republican-primaries-ted-cruz-shocks-donald-trump-wins-iowa

Not many people takes Trump seriously.

I'm saddened that I may just vote Cruz instead of Clinton. I think we've grown soft as a nation and we need a Republican presidency again.
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by Missy89(f): 3:35am On Feb 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Not many people takes Trump seriously.

I'm saddened that I may just vote Cruz instead of Clinton. I think we've grown soft as a nation and we need a Republican presidency again.

Lol explain how America has gone soft.
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by RichYoungNigga: 3:57am On Feb 03, 2016
henrydadon:
but he seem to be gaining momentum. .and a great lot of support ..what do u have to say about that?

Loosing in Iowa state is the definition of gaining momentum.
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by JustCurious: 4:02am On Feb 03, 2016
Cruz was only able to win, because he lied about Ben Carson withdrawing from the race. It was a dirty trick to outs Donald. (Ted got more votes from Ben's supporters).

Though he's apologised to Ben, but that was so unfair, especially from Ted!! Not a sweet victory. smiley
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by Nobody: 4:09am On Feb 03, 2016
Missy89:

Lol explain how America has gone soft.

It's hard for me to explain but that is how I feel.
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by Missy89(f): 4:21am On Feb 03, 2016
EgunMogaji:

It's hard for me to explain but that is how I feel.

If you cant explain your political position, isn't it better not to vote at all? After all, It is not mandatory.
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by Nobody: 4:23am On Feb 03, 2016
Missy89:

If you cant explain your political position, isn't it better not to vote at all? After all, It is not mandatory.

I don't have to explain my political position.

Voting to me is a duty and a privilege that was fought hard for by my forbearers in the USA. I do not take it lightly.

Voting is as mandatory to me as intake of oxygen.
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by joanpinkie(f): 5:09am On Feb 03, 2016
brunofarad:
Who is trump ?
Does his father sell trumpets ? undecided

its like , cos the man is sounding one, though a broken one
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by delors(m): 5:10am On Feb 03, 2016
coldsummer:
Why would anyone on their right mind suppirt trump
I tire o
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by pikapizy(m): 5:51am On Feb 03, 2016
ojinuocheibi:
Mr man, Buhari is not a mistake. He is the messiah that God sent to us to liberate us from thieves because we ask God for his will to be done. Do Americans pray at all? No wonder there are likes of trump as presidential candidates. Wackos!
Americans don't pray but they are still a zillion times better than Nigerians that pray all through their lives. they are zillion times better than the hypocritics who steal our money;pay tithes and build churches with looted funds...they are a trillion times better than so called men of God who applaud looters because they are huge tithe payers and donators...ONE THING IS TO PRAY, ANOTHER THING IS FOR UR PRAYERS TO BE ANSWERED! 70% of Nigerian churches (mosque too) was built or somehow funded with illegal money...talk bout Prayer
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by WaffenSS(m): 5:51am On Feb 03, 2016
brunofarad:
Who is trump ?

Does his father sell trumpets ? undecided

His real name is Donald Chump. wink

But i call him Donald Duck.
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by UyiIredia(m): 6:20am On Feb 03, 2016
Interesting. I'm happy for Ted but I still root for Carson.
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by Btruth: 6:23am On Feb 03, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
You think we Americans will make the same mistake Nigerians made by voting in Buhari.

Can you imagine thrash coming out of your mouth? What mistake has Nigerian made? Well, this is our land, and it's our choice, deal with it. smiley
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by olajizz01(m): 6:59am On Feb 03, 2016
Trump was just making noise since all these days,bastard noisemaker.
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by highbeeola(m): 8:28am On Feb 03, 2016
Trump had no business he was brought to distract Hilary Clinton will be the president.
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by henrydadon(m): 9:36am On Feb 03, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

Loosing in Iowa state is the definition of gaining momentum.
it all depends on u black Americans to choose who u want..sadly Ben Carson seem to be a walking dead of a person..
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by pasol4real(m): 10:01am On Feb 03, 2016
Dannieln1:
Like Trump Like Dasuki

Like Trump like tompolo

Like Trump like Nnamdi Kanu

Like Trump like Orubebe

The man go deal with Americans if they Vote him
Sharap My friend ,Trump is 100% like buhari .

BUHARI dey learn from Trump place...
If you do sh-it for im regime no be Jail ooo
Na to Kill you...
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by clickwtB(m): 11:26am On Feb 03, 2016
WOW THE BEGINNING OF TRUMPING OF TRUMP.NOT SUPRISED THOUGH!!!
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by RichYoungNigga: 1:50pm On Feb 03, 2016
henrydadon:
it all depends on u black Americans to choose who u want..sadly Ben Carson seem to be a walking dead of a person..

How do you know I'm African American ?
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by henrydadon(m): 6:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

How do you know I'm African American ?
your nairaland profile ..and the way u talk
Re: Ted Cruz Defeats Donald Trump, Wins Iowa by sticlestm(m): 11:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
Donald Trump has always been a 'leftist' where proper politics is concerned. I remember he said that there was danger in political correctness. as if President Barrack Obama had been fooling the nation all this while.
I also remember that he called the legislators STUPID. and that is insulting your leaders...
anyways, like someone said it's too Early to pick the winner eventually, we've got to wait.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UK PM: Boris Johnson Withdraws From Race As Rishi Sunak Tipped To Succeed Truss / Biden Signs Cryptocurrency Executive Order On Digital Assets (Video) / Ramaphosa Criticises USA For Issuing Terror Attack Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.