Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,077 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? (3584 Views)

Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God / Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Niflheim(m): 11:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
@Anal ice107, you are the one who should be praying that Allah is not the true god!!! Cause if he is, you will be going to the Muslim Hell!!!...........................@Joshthefirst, you are right when you said that god doesn't believe in Atheists. You wanna know why? Because he doesn't exist!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by HardMirror(m): 11:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
Joshthefirst:
You're an atheist, so when you die, you go to hell, where there will be weeping, and gnashing of teeth.

(I don't believe in atheists BTW. God doesn't believe in them too.)
You seem so sure. Can you pls educate us here. Seems you are privy to some information that could help us here.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 5:32am On Feb 03, 2016
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by TrajansKong: 9:59am On Feb 03, 2016
Avoidhellfire:
there is no such thing as an atheist. you either worship God or you worship the devil. atheist are devil worshipers that pretend to be ignorant of Jesus Christ. atheists know that they are going to hell when they die.

The beauty of the Christian mind. The fellowship of the Christian heart. Your god loves you, Avoidhellfire, and so do I...
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by onetrack(m): 11:14am On Feb 03, 2016
Joshthefirst:

BTW, death isn't final, you, the real you, are not your body. You're only living in your body. You see, through your eyes, and use your physical body to perceive things and interact with matters in the physical world.

Any empirical evidence of this?
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by suckmywilly(m): 11:21am On Feb 03, 2016
You will return to the state you were before you were born- Nothingness
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by analice107: 12:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
dolphinheart:

An atheist is also a human, with flesh and blood. When you die, you turn to dust.!(sand- sand )
Mr Dolphinheart.
If when we die we turn to sand sand, please explain what Christ means here;
Matt. 13:37-42. (remember, He is explaining the parables).
37 And He (Christ) answered and said unto them, he that sowed good seed is the son of man;
38. The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one.
39. The enemy that sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of this world.
40. As therefore the tares are gathered and burnt in the fire; So also shall it be the end of this world.
41. The son of man shall send forth his Angels and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend and them which do iniquity
42. AND SHALL CAST THEM INTO A FURNANCE OF FIRE: THERE SHALL BE WAILING AND GNASHING OF TEETH.

Dolphin heart, I need you to explain especially verse 42 to me. Is there another interpretation of furnace of fire? Do sand wail? Does sand gnash it's teeth?
Dolphin heart, you are preaching another gospel.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you onto the grace of Christ unto another Gospel. 7... but there be some that trouble the people and will pervert the gospel of Christ.

You are perverting the gospel of Christ, teaching men to continue in their sins, after all, at the end they will die and turn to dust, no recompense, no accountability. No questions asked. Nothing. Just turn to sand sand.
The above scriptures are Christ's words.

Come to think of it, are you sure you are not a tare? Being in the midst of the fold but doing contrary to what is originally intended. You are deceiving people to endure in their sins,
My brother in humanity. The message that God is too loving and merciful to send people to hellfire, is the message of the devil to keep men in their sins.

God is indeed a merciful God, and at the same time a consuming fire. Heb. 12:29, Deut 4: 24. You do anyhow, you see anyhow.
Beside, whether or not man ends in hellfire is totally a chioice which depends solely on the man to make.
God sends no man to hell

Hell fire was not made for man, man is choosing that for himself. No matter how hard they shout and scream God's wickedness, won't change a thing. You can't eat your cake and have it.

If Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, OsamaBinLadin, Prophet Muhammed, the Isis, the Popes who slaughtered men because of the gospel of Christ, Emperor Nero, the Boko Harams, and all these other evil people, just die and turn to "sand sand" as you said it, then God is not a God of Justice. And because He is a God of Justice, He will reward us according what we did.
Wake up and smell the Pheromones. Whatsoever a man sowed, that he shall reap. He that sowed to the flesh, shall reap corruption, and he that sowed to the spirit shall reap eternal life.
And we shall give account of how we lived our lives in the flesh here on earth. 1Tim.1:17. So if you think you can live your life as you like and die and turn to sand sand, you are deceiving yourself.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by dolphinheart(m): 2:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
HardMirror:

Thanks sir.
So you are of the opinion that is all,... The end,... No life after or reincarnation
I did not say that o! . I believe there is a possibility of the reactivation of life after death. The posibility is dependent on who gives the life.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by dolphinheart(m): 2:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
SirWere:
We are made up of Carbon. Sand, dust, is made up of silicon.undecided

All na sand-sand!.
Carbon, silicon are just part of the elements that make up the material called sand. They might be majority, but definitely not the only element.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by analice107: 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
SirWere:
And which of the aforementioned God(s)

I have a muslim with great moral construct, a traditional worshipper who is respected by both Christian and Muslims alike for his goodwill, and a Christian who is very generous.

Now tell me, why would either burn because of their differing religious beliefs?

And if you say they will go to heaven because they still believe in SOMETHING, then well, I give up.
No, my good Sir. It's not the belief in something that takes one to heaven or hell. And No, we don't go to heaven or hell because of our moral standards.
We go to heaven or hell if we follow rules.
Take a professional exams for instance, or an interview. The company interviewing you let's you know what they expect of you. If it's a written interview, you are told what to come with, but if their instructions sound stupid to you, and you decide to show up with your own items, am certain, you won't take that interview.
That said. The issue of afterlife and heaven, how did we come about them? Did we on our own hatch them? Did we get them from following a certain deity? And how many deities are there? Are all these deities speak of the same heaven? If they do, do they have the same specifications? I mean, do they require the same rules to be followed before we can enter into thier heaven?
Now, I will speak as a christian, not as a Muslim or a pagan.
Am told muslims' heaven requires that your good works outweighs your evil works. So this teaching is based on how much good you can do in your life time. For the Pagans, I don't know.
But for me as a christian. My goodness, my generosity and my high level of morality won't get me pass my roof.
1Corinthians 13:3 if I give away everything I own, if that's not enough, I then go ahead to give my body to be burnt to show how generous I am, but have not the Love of Christ in me, I am like a resounding gong, or as a clanging cymbal, so I gain nothing.
Now you may ask me, what is the Love of Christ?
In other to answer that question, you have to understand who Christ really is. Why did he come? Why did he, out of love sacrifice himself?

Dear Sir, do you know that this heaven we are talking about here, no flesh can enter into it?
No sir, only spirits enter this heaven, and we are flesh. But we need to enter it, but how can we, being flesh enter into it? (that's why I always laf when you atheist demand that a spirit shd show himself for a man in the flesh to see).
Now, the Bible, which I as a christian believes, says Man's spirit which should enter into this heaven when he dies is dead. Separated from God. That is to say, "he can't seat for the exams because he does not qualify". Man is dead spiritually, and can't help himself, he needs help. Remember, the life of everything is in the blood, but man's blood got contaminated and can't do any good. Clean blood was required. God who is a spirit, poured himself into a container, the image we see and call Jesus, the reason is because only flesh have blood, he took that fleshy form so that he will have blood to shed. He shed it and paid for the randsom.

The spirit realm is ran by rules. Rules can't be broken there, so when Man, fell, he legally handed over his power and authority which God gave to him originally to Satan, so He died. But man needs that power, because it gives him his life back (spiritually)
So Christ died. Christ died double deads on that cross. He died the dead of the flesh, which every living being must die, and when the sins of man was put on him, the separation that man caused was brought upon Christ, so He died the second dead again, which was a spiritual dead, hence his cry "my God, my God why..." The only reason why Christ died was to shed his blood, which was used to exchange for the life of man. He bought the life that Man lost back with his own life. He resurrected because his blood is pure, so spiritual dead couldn't hold Him down.

All man needs to do now is to accept the exchange Christ did. It's like a man in the hands of kidnappers, the randsom over his head, is a million naira, and you step up and pay it. It's now left for him to accept your kindness and go home. But if he is told, 'a certain SirWere has paid your randsom, so go home' , and he says, " I don't know any SirWere, he shd keep his kindness". Then he will be there, though the randsom has been paid.
Now, my good sir, I spent all this time explaining all these, so that you know, that what is required of me to enter into Yahweh's heaven is to only accept the Randsom Christ paid for me.

Forget morality, forget what you have done in the past. Recieve the new spiritual life first. That life is accompanied by grace which will help you put off the nature Satan wore you as your second skin, which is the nature of sin. So long as that nature is still in you, you will fight to stay away from sin forever, you will still see your self falling into that sin. You hate matubation, but can't stop it. You abstain for 3 to 4 months, the heat comes you fall back into it. You hate to smoke, you hate to take what doesn't belong to you, but you keep seeing yourself doing it.
But if you recieve that life, the garment of sin is removed and new garment given to you. Gradually, like a child learning to walk, you'll get out of all sins. Praise God.
All you need to enter into this heaven (Yahweh's own), is to have this new life in your spirit. Just accept and recieve it.
The one without this new life cannot stop sin, so is still dead, so can't enter into this heaven, since he rejected the randsom, when the gate of heaven is shut, whatever he finds outside the gate, he should take nah.
Shalom.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by analice107: 2:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
Niflheim:
@Anal ice107, you are the one who should be praying that Allah is not the true god!!! Cause if he is, you will be going to the Muslim Hell!!!...........................@Joshthefirst, you are right when you said that god doesn't believe in Atheists. You wanna know why? Because he doesn't exist!!!
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hahahahhahaahahahahahahahaha another one of them funny threads that makes me want to laugh realllll hard @the ignorance of the so called' I don't believe in God' freaks.

Who is asking you to believe in what you cannot understand mbok

OP why do u even want to know anything that happens after you exit, are you afraid

No ooo continue enjoying yourself, you had all the opportunity but refused to seek the truth...

Wait one minute, have you ever taken time out to ask yourself when n how you got here or what you're even doing here? In short, what's the purpose of your existence? When you've answered these questions I will tell you what happens next after here, but come o don't say you didn't have the freewill to choose ooo cos there will be no excuse @the end of it all!

As if whether they believe or not changes there is a God or no!

Abeg lemme see road.....

@Analice u get strength sha for these peeps!

P:S-. If you have nothing reasonable to say don't quote me!!! OP will entertain questions from just you...
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by dolphinheart(m): 5:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
analice107:

Mr Dolphinheart.
If when we die we turn to sand sand, please explain what Christ means here;
Matt. 13:37-42. (remember, He is explaining the parables).
37 And He (Christ) answered and said unto them, he that sowed good seed is the son of man;
38. The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one.
39. The enemy that sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of this world.
40. As therefore the tares are gathered and burnt in the fire; So also shall it be the end of this world.
41. The son of man shall send forth his Angels and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend and them which do iniquity
42. AND SHALL CAST THEM INTO A FURNANCE OF FIRE: THERE SHALL BE WAILING AND GNASHING OF TEETH.
As much as ill like to attend to your request, there are some few things that must be clarified. The op's question and my reply to him is based on what happens to man when he dies. the verses you quoted talks about what happens to a particular class of humans at a particular period in time.
Humans have been dying for thousands of years, the op wants to know their condition when they die!. The verses you quoted is specific as to a time period,(in the future) and it never mentioned death directly.

So unless you are trying to change the topic(which I probably might not join you in doing), I dnt see why you posted those verses.
Man turning to sand sand does not go against the scriptures or those verses.
So pls tell if its (a)the verses you want to discuss or (b)what happens to man when he dies!.
Dolphin heart, I need you to explain especially verse 42 to me. Is there another interpretation of furnace of fire? Do sand wail? Does sand gnash it's teeth?
Sand wail and can gnash its teeth when its animated(made alive).
The furnace of fire signifies destruction.
These brings about the question: what goes into the furnace, the soul, spirit or body, 2 of the three or the whole 3?.(that if you believe the soul is a seperate component of man)
Would expect you to adress that if we are ever going to discuss the furnace.
Dolphin heart, you are preaching another gospel.

Haba! So you have already judged me before I can explain!!
That's unchristianlike!
Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you onto the grace of Christ unto another Gospel. 7... but there be some that trouble the people and will pervert the gospel of Christ.
We shall soon know those who the verses are reffering to, even though it has no correlation with what's being discussed. Simple questions asked and simple statements made should not be turned into an avenue to judge, condemn or negatively classify others.

You are perverting the gospel of Christ, teaching men to continue in their sins, after all, at the end they will die and turn to dust, no recompense, no accountability. No questions asked. Nothing. Just turn to sand sand.
The above scriptures are Christ's words.

1. I did not or have not till now quoted any gospel,so which gospel I'm I pervetting. You should have waited for me to use the scriptures to explain myself before jumping into conclusions.
2. With your statements above you have shown me that no matter the explanations I give, you already have an opinnion of me.
3. You are adding things I never said.
Come to think of it, are you sure you are not a tare? Being in the midst of the fold but doing contrary to what is originally intended. You are deceiving people to endure in their sins,
My brother in humanity. The message that God is too loving and merciful to send people to hellfire, is the message of the devil to keep men in their sins.
Thank God that being In the weed class is not for you or any human to determine.
Now what was originally intended,? that a question for later. After its answered, we will know who is not doing accordingly but claims to be in the fold.

Look at what you said, do you really think that God accepts worship from those who claim to worship him cus they are afraid of your hellfire?

If someone does good in his actions or claims to do good because he is afraid or does not want to burn, that person will end up the same way a person who does not believe in hellfire will end.

So even if its Satan that is deceiving that there is no hellfire, the result of accepting or not accepting is still the same if your heart is not in the right place. Take a cue from Saul and the pharisses and jesus statement about those who shout lord lord! . Its the heart condition that jesus looks at and not only ur actions(even though your actions goes a long way in telling about ur heart and your faith).
This is why I think its more profitable for those who dnt believe in hellfire, but strive daily to live by Gods standard,
Cus the purnishment of the wicked is not the reason why they serve God.
God is indeed a merciful God, and at the same time a consuming fire. Heb. 12:29, Deut 4: 24. You do anyhow, you see anyhow.
Beside, whether or not man ends in hellfire is totally a chioice which depends solely on the man to make.
You did not add one chief quality or attribute of God, God is a God of justice!.
Now what is hellfire? Is it a place man can go to when he dies? Can you support this with the scripture. Please also add the hebrew and greek words of "hellfire" in your reply so everyone on the thread can do personal investigation.

God sends no man to hell
The statement above is contrary to what the scriptures said, contrary to what the op asked and contrary to what I said initially.

According to the scriptures, every human, when he or she dies from the time of adam till now, goes to hell!(I can go into detail of what hell is later). But note, the word "hell" has been mistranslated by many translators, clarification is needed.

Hell fire was not made for man, man is choosing that for himself. No matter how hard they shout and scream God's wickedness, won't change a thing. You can't eat your cake and have it.

What is hell fire? Cus most translations I've read dnt have the sentence in them.
If its not made for man, who is it made for, spirits?.
Following your beliefs, that going to hellfire is dependent on the man does not mean its not made for man!

If Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, OsamaBinLadin, Prophet Muhammed, the Isis, the Popes who slaughtered men because of the gospel of Christ, Emperor Nero, the Boko Harams, and all these other evil people, just die and turn to "sand sand" as you said it, then God is not a God of Justice. And because He is a God of Justice, He will reward us according what we did.
I like your words, "he will reward us according to what we did!"
You go fight God if you see Stalin or hitler in Gods kingdom, leave the judging to God!. If you where the person that that thief beside jesus robbed or probably killed, you will be insisting that the man is in hellfire if you did not hear jesus response to him. God does not see things in the limited way you see them.
Even humans, who have some sense of justice, dnt give same purnishment for every law broken.

Wake up and smell the Pheromones. Whatsoever a man sowed, that he shall reap. He that sowed to the flesh, shall reap corruption, and he that sowed to the spirit shall reap eternal life.
And we shall give account of how we lived our lives in the flesh here on earth. 1Tim.1:17. So if you think you can live your life as you like and die and turn to sand sand, you are deceiving yourself.
1 ti 1:17
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Maybe you quoted the wrong scripture , but the verse I quoted above did not talk about what happens to us when we die.

My next post will be to you , to explain what I meant about sand sand using the scriptures. Then you can decide to condemn me after that.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
@Analice107, Space does not allow me to quote your entire comment verbatim but I shall bring out snippets

No, my good Sir. It's not the belief in
something that takes one to heaven or hell.
I know many theists, christians or otherwise, who would disagree on that.

And No, we don't go to heaven or hell
because of our moral standards.
I want to believe I misunderstood you.
We go to heaven or hell if we follow rules.
Take a professional exams for instance, or
an interview. The company interviewing you
let's you know what they expect of you. If
it's a written interview, you are told what to
come with, but if their instructions sound
silly to you, and you decide to show up with
your own items, am certain, you won't take
that interview.

And who sets up this rule? Moving aside, lemme state the fault in your analogy. Any individual looking for a job must have undergone some training in the field he applied for, however rudimentary. Moreover, such a company must actually exist for him to apply there. Now Man, as he is born, has no knowledge of God(s) and neither was he given any prebirth lesson. Even more, Man cannot still conclusively prove such a company exists (Oh, and I don't mean "evidence" from those website who still believe the world was created in 6 days). I assure you, if true evidence can support a particular religion, I will gladly join such a religion.

Dear Sir, do you know that this heaven we
are talking about here, no flesh can enter
into it?
And what is the spirit Science hasn't, for a thousand years of recording human birth and death, seen such a spirit. And if you say it is invisible, well, radiowaves and radiation are invisible too. Doesn't mean we can't study them.

No sir, only spirits enter this heaven, and we
are flesh. But we need to enter it, but how
can we, being flesh enter into it? (that's why
I always laf when you atheist demand that a
spirit shd show himself for a man in the
flesh to see)

And why does man only have this spirit There has been many cases of dogs saving people, or a snake saving a baby. Don't they get to enter such a place also?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a spiritualist in the bible call up Samuel's ghost Does the request seem outlandish anymore?

Now, the Bible, which I as a christian
believes, says Man's spirit which should
enter into this heaven when he dies is dead.
Separated from God. That is to say, "he can't
seat for the exams because he does not
qualify".Man is dead spiritually, and can't
help himself
, he needs help. Remember, the
life of everything is in the blood, but man's
blood got contaminated and can't do any
good. Clean blood was required.
Is this to say a baby who died due to birth defects goes to hell? Remember, he is "contaminated." And what about our ancestral forefathers, the middle- east and most of Asia? Do they go also to burn because their blood has been "un-detoxed"
God who is
a spirit, poured himself into a container, the
image we see and call Jesus, the reason is
because only flesh have blood, he took that
fleshy form so that he will have blood to
shed. He shed it and paid for the randsom.

And herein lies the problem. What would an ominipotent being sacrifies himself to save us from himself? This point was actually one of the things that got me started on the path towards agnosticism

The spirit realm is ran by rules. Rules can't
be broken there, so when Man, fell, he legally
handed over his power and authority which
God gave to him originally to Satan,[/b] so He
died. But man needs that power, because it
gives him his life back (spiritually).

Your statement tends towards polytheism. Besides, there has been sacrifies of animals to appease GOD. Did he really disdain Animal "deforestation" so much. Another point one might add is How the scriptures change. The old testament is filled with his might in the universe. (houses of snow and the like) and the new testament is much more gentle. Why?? I propose it was because the Jews had been conquered by the Romans; who still allowed them to practice their religion in peace (starting the very first rules of Civilization).

You also say that "Man needs to accept Christ so as to be reborn." But my question is why Surely any person who follows the moral construct (don't lie, steal drink. Help your friend in need et-al) is far better than those who do many wrongs just to "nullify" it with the evening prayer.

There are quite some agnostic organizations which help the poor and underprivileged; a much better thing than starting an ethnic war. Surely you see that.

I am not claiming to know or not know the inexistence of a higher deity. But I don't believe he is bound or held in a particular religion. That is too limiting.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
dazzle101:
Hahahahhahaahahahahahahahaha another one of them funny threads that makes me want to laugh realllll hard @the ignorance of the so called' I don't believe in God' freaks.

Who is asking you to believe in what you cannot understand mbok

OP why do u even want to know anything that happens after you exit, are you afraid

No ooo continue enjoying yourself, you had all the opportunity but refused to seek the truth...

Wait one minute, have you ever taken time out to ask yourself when n how you got here or what you're even doing here? In short, what's the purpose of your existence? When you've answered these questions I will tell you what happens next after here, but come o don't say you didn't have the freewill to choose ooo cos there will be no excuse @the end of it all!

As if whether they believe or not changes there is a God or no!

Abeg lemme see road.....

@Analice u get strength sha for these peeps!

P:S-. If you have nothing reasonable to say don't quote me!!! OP will entertain questions from just you...
I celebrate your ignorance. Truly It must be quite hard for you to remember the same thing said over and over again without employing intelligence.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
SirWere:
I celebrate your ignorance. Truly It must be quite hard for you to remember the same thing said over and over again without employing intelligence.

Congrats on ignorantly not following instructions.... your moniker says it all.

Were olosho!!!

Throw ur dirt else where pls, pained atheist, not responsible for ur predicament...
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 03, 2016
dolphinheart:

All na sand-sand!.
Carbon, silicon are just part of the elements that make up the material called sand. They might be majority, but definitely not the only element.
Dude, sand is a mixture. It's component differ from places, and region. That's what cause red, white, and brown sand.

However, sand is mainly made up of Silicon di-oxide (SiO2) or fused silicate. The only type of soil with a trace of carbon in it is Beach sands, and that is due to the presence of Calcium Carbonate.

So I dunno where you find your theory that carbon is an element of sand.
Go and utter false statement no more.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
dazzle101:

Congrats on ignorantly not following instructions.... your moniker says it all.

Were olosho!!!

Throw ur dirt else where pls, pained atheist, not responsible for ur predicament...
Ha!!!! This is quite funny. But I apologize. I forgot to add how hard it might be for you to reason. Oh well, you can't train some dogs.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
SirWere:
Ha!!!! This is quite funny. But I apologize. I forgot to add how hard it might be for you to reason. Oh well, you can't train some dogs.

Hahahahahahahahahahahah lost cause

Run along now atheist!!!

Anyone could have the final say but not you!!

Who is most stupid than a fool who says there's no God and goes whatever extreme length to prove the crap to help them sleep @night!

Let me remind you I don't remember quoting anyone when I posted on this thread and I specifically said to not mention me if you had nothing reasonable to say but no! You had to show atheistic superiority as u always do on every thread you think ur unbelief is questioned.

Oga nothing concern your own with my own ooo just mind ur business believing in nothing noone has asked you to change! You can't force ur crap on people who have chosen to believe. So stop looking for every avenue to call out anyone just anyhow. Some ppl will have ur time but just not me!!!

In your own interest stop quoting me anywhere on this forum at all!
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Joshthefirst(m): 6:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
onetrack:

Any empirical evidence of this?
How will you expect empirical evidence of something not physical?

I'd not be so strong in faith if I only had empirical evidence of God's power and salvation.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Joshthefirst(m): 6:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
HardMirror:

You seem so sure. Can you pls educate us here. Seems you are privy to some information that could help us here.
I am privy to the truth. You may not be privy to it, or you may be privy to it, and are denying it and fighting against it. The information is in the bible. Do good to read it. If you need any specific referrals, say so.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by UyiIredia(m): 6:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
HardMirror:
I am an atheist, when I die, what will hapen to me and how do you know.
All contributions are welcomed.

Oh, you'll die and go to hell where demons will explain to you the evidence for Gods existence or torture you as the case may be. How do I know: the testimony of previously dead people and inference to the existence of a spiritual realm based on testimonies of people plus what I've experienced.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by onetrack(m): 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
Joshthefirst:
How will you expect empirical evidence of something not physical?

I'd not be so strong in faith if I only had empirical evidence of God's power and salvation.

And I have zero faith so naturally I require evidence for claims.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by MhizVee(f): 7:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
OMG.i pity u,u will rot in hell.then u wl remember this day.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Joshthefirst(m): 7:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
onetrack:

And I have zero faith so naturally I require evidence for claims.
No. You do have faith. Everyone has faith. You believe there's an organ called a brain in your cranial cavity, you believe that when you go to bed you'll fall asleep, you believe you won't suddenly lose fine motor function in your fingers when you eventually reply this post.

It's faith in God that you lack. And faith in God is something that requires more than empirical evidence to acquire, because the magnanimity of God's presence has more to do with supernatural than with empirical.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by onetrack(m): 7:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
Joshthefirst:
No. You do have faith. Everyone has faith. You believe there's an organ called a brain in your cranial cavity, you believe that when you go to bed you'll fall asleep, you believe you won't suddenly lose fine motor function in your fingers when you eventually reply this post.

That is not faith, I know I have a brain because all humans who have been studied have been shown to have one in order to function. This is perfectly good evidence that I must also have one.

I certainly believe that I will go to sleep when I go to bed, because I have plenty of evidence from past experience. This is not faith.

Now, if I said I could fly by flapping my arms, then that would be faith, because people cannot fly like that and so I have no evidence to suggest otherwise.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
dazzle101:

Hahahahahahahahahahahah lost cause

Run along now atheist!!!

Anyone could have the final say but not you!!

Who is most stupid than a fool who says there's no God and goes whatever extreme length to prove the crap to help them sleep @night!

Let me remind you I don't remember quoting anyone when I posted on this thread and I specifically said to not mention me if you had nothing reasonable to say but no! You had to show atheistic superiority as u always do on every thread you think ur unbelief is questioned.

Oga nothing concern your own with my own ooo just mind ur business believing in nothing noone has asked you to change! You can't force ur crap on people who have chosen to believe. So stop looking for every avenue to call out anyone just anyhow. Some ppl will have ur time but just not me!!!

In your own interest stop quoting me anywhere on this forum at all!

Lol, I go to extreme length to prove "crap" Nah, you aren't worth the effort. Enjoy your life grin

1 Like

Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Joshthefirst(m): 7:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
onetrack:

That is not faith, I know I have a brain because all humans who have been studied have been shown to have one in order to function. This is perfectly good evidence that I must also have one.

I certainly believe that I will go to sleep when I go to bed, because I have plenty of evidence from past experience. This is not faith.

Now, if I said I could fly by flapping my arms, then that would be faith, because people cannot fly like that and so I have no evidence to suggest otherwise.
It seems you have a problem with the definition of faith. Faith is not a lack of evidence. Someone somewhere has convinced you that faith involves an unreasonable lack of evidence of phenomena. That is not the case.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for. The evidence of things not seen. Have you ever seen your brain? Have you ever seen oxygen? An atom? Mars?

You have faith in plenty of things my friend. Faith is what enables us to forge through every challenge and even life itself.

You analogy of faith, and what my faith implies is insulting and offensive to me.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
SirWere:
Lol, I go to extreme length to prove "crap" Nah, you aren't worth the effort. Enjoy your life grin

Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by dolphinheart(m): 8:19pm On Feb 03, 2016
@ analice107
My statement" when you die, you turn to dust is based on the following

1. Scriptures
The scriptures, when talking about how man (the first man) came to be stated thus:

Gen 2:7
Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the
ground and breathed into his
nostrils the breath of life, and
the man became a living
*being.

* note: some translations say, "soul", "creature" or person

This statement was recomfirmed thousands of years later.
1 cor 15:47
The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I've learned from those verses.
1. Man(adam) came from dust(Sand) or materials found on the earth.
2. That "adam was formed from the dust", not that adam came into the dust that was formed.!
3. That it was the effect of the spirit put into adam that enabled adam to become a living person/soul/human.

Now that this is understood, the scriptures tell us what happens when Adam dies or died.
After adam had sinned, and told he will die, this is what the one who created him(man/adam) said:

Gen 3:19
By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.

These statements where re-echored thousands of years later .

Eccl 12:7
and the dust returns to the
ground it came from, and the
spirit returns to God who gave
it.

What have I learned from these verses:
1. Adam returns or turns to dust when he dies.
2. Adam came from or was taken from dust.
3. Death is as a result of the spirit not activating the body again cus it has gone out of the body.
4. When that spirit does not activate the body, that person is classified as dead and begins to turn to dust!.

With this understanding, I believe I'm right to say that when man dies, he turns to sand sand.

If you dnt believe that man turns to sand(dust), then you dnt believe the scriptures recorded.
And if you want to tell me that man is soul or spirit inhabiting the body, you have to explain why the scriptures did not call the spirit man, but called man the flesh that returns to dust.
You will also have to explain what the spirit and soul are and how we can identify them. Also explain what happens to each of them when man dies and where it goes.

Are there other Scriptures to support my views? Yes .
Eccl 3:20
All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.

2. Physical evidence

If one goes to the cementary, or to the grave of someone who had died a long time ago, what one sees there is dust/sand.

3. Scientific evidence
Scientist have stated that humans are made up of water and materials found on the earth. This is in line with the scriptures which says God formed man from the "earth".

I await your reply and your views of the scriptures I quoted.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 03, 2016
Joshthefirst:
It seems you have a problem with the definition of faith. Faith is not a lack of evidence. Someone somewhere has convinced you that faith involves an unreasonable lack of evidence of phenomena. That is not the case.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for. The evidence of things not seen. Have you ever seen your brain? Have you ever seen oxygen? An atom? Mars?

You have faith in plenty of things my friend. Faith is what enables us to forge through every challenge and even life itself.

You analogy of faith, and what my faith implies is insulting and offensive to me.
The dictionary defines faith as :
1. complete trust or confidence in someone
or something.
2. strong belief in the doctrines of a religion,
based on spiritual conviction rather than
proof.

Now you ask him if he has ever seen Mars, your brain, and an atom. Well I tell you, he can go see it anytime, anyday. Perhaps you mistake reason for faith.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by HardMirror(m): 8:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
Joshthefirst:
I am privy to the truth. You may not be privy to it, or you may be privy to it, and are denying it and fighting against it. The information is in the bible. Do good to read it. If you need any specific referrals, say so.
Yes referals will help. Thanks for you contributions so far.
And do you have other evidences besides the bible?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques? / How Can One Draw A Distinction Between Miracles And Magic? / Check Out The Vibrant Church Websites:listen And Watch Life The Word Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.