Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? (3589 Views)

Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God / Does Your Family Know That You Are An Atheist? What Are Their Thoughts On It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by dolphinheart(m): 8:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
SirWere:
Dude, sand is a mixture. It's component differ from places, and region. That's what cause red, white, and brown sand.

However, sand is mainly made up of Silicon di-oxide (SiO2) or fused silicate. The only type of soil with a trace of carbon in it is Beach sands, and that is due to the presence of Calcium Carbonate.

So I dunno where you find your theory that carbon is an element of sand.
Go and utter false statement no more.

1. My use of the word "sand- sand" is not in reference to sand as defined by science.
"Sand- sand" to me are materials found on the earth, either as an element, a mixture or a compound.
2. I did not say sand is not a mixture
3. I did not say all sands have the same component.
4. You are the expert and you just said :"The only type of soil with a trace of carbon in it is Beach sands".

I did not say all sands have carbon in it, so pls understand where my layman speech is coming from before you accuse someone of uttering false statements.

My use of the word "sand" is not scientific, but in reference to the components found on the earth and are in humans too.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by HardMirror(m): 8:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
UyiIredia:

Oh, you'll die and go to hell where demons will explain to you the evidence for Gods existence or torture you as the case may be. How do I know: the testimony of previously dead people and inference to the existence of a spiritual realm based on testimonies of people plus what I've experienced.
Very interesting. So what should I do?
Can you share this experience
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
HardMirror:

Yes referals will help. Thanks for you contributions so far.
And do you have other evidences besides the bible?
Luke 16:19-31 gives a clear and concise representation of events occurring after death. You can ask questions after your perusal if you're interested.

There are many evidences and stories, but the bible presents the readily available truth.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
SirWere:
The dictionary defines faith as :
1. complete trust or confidence in someone
or something.
2. strong belief in the doctrines of a religion,
based on spiritual conviction rather than
proof.

Now you ask him if he has ever seen Mars, your brain, and an atom. Well I tell you, he can go see it anytime, anyday. Perhaps you mistake reason for faith.
The dictionary's definition of faith is not my definition. I follow the Bible's definition of faith. And I have put it up. If you cannot contend with that definition, fine.

I would think that you should leave it to men of faith to define faith itself.

And if I were to act all smarty pants like you've been acting in your puerile effort to undermine dolphinheart, I would educate you on how people cannot just go see atoms anytime, any day, as our technology cannot see their small hypothesized structure yet. Go and utter false statements no more.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by UyiIredia(m): 9:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
HardMirror:

Very interesting. So what should I do?
Can you share this experience

For you to rationalize away. I don't think so. Best not to waste my time and yours. You are free to believe or disbelieve what you want.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 04, 2016
Joshthefirst:
The dictionary's definition of faith is not my definition. I follow the Bible's definition of faith. And I have put it up. If you cannot contend with that definition, fine.

I would think that you should leave it to men of faith to define faith itself.

And if I were to act all smarty pants like you've been acting in your puerile effort to undermine dolphinheart, I would educate you on how people cannot just go see atoms anytime, any day, as our technology cannot see their small hypothesized structure yet. Go and utter false statements no more.

Oh, I acknowledged your definition all right; I just wanted you to know that the "insultive" way of defining faith is actually the standard definiton of faith, according to the dictionary.

And as for you saying Atoms can't be seen; well; check out this link.

motherboard.vice.com/read/this-microscope-can-see-down-to-individual-atoms
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by onetrack(m): 9:06am On Feb 04, 2016
Joshthefirst:
It seems you have a problem with the definition of faith. Faith is not a lack of evidence. Someone somewhere has convinced you that faith involves an unreasonable lack of evidence of phenomena. That is not the case.

Faith is the substance of things hoped for. The evidence of things not seen. Have you ever seen your brain? Have you ever seen oxygen? An atom? Mars?

You have faith in plenty of things my friend. Faith is what enables us to forge through every challenge and even life itself.

You analogy of faith, and what my faith implies is insulting and offensive to me.

Faith is defined as the following: "strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof."

Faith does not help me get through anything. If I believe that atoms exist, it is because researchers have shown indirect but logical and compelling proof that atoms exist. Same with the theory of evolution.

Offense was not intended by me. However I stand by what I wrote.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by analice107: 4:08pm On Feb 04, 2016
dolphinheart:

As much as ill like to attend to your request, there are some few things that must be clarified. The op's question and my reply to him is based on what happens to man when he dies. the verses you quoted talks about what happens to a particular class of humans at a particular period in time.
Humans have been dying for thousands of years, the op wants to know their condition when they die!. The verses you quoted is specific as to a time period,(in the future) and it never mentioned death directly.

Sir, when I responded to you, I knew exactly what I was doing. I know you, I have been following you here. I know you are a JW so do not believe in the afterlife, hence your response of man turning to 'sand sand' when he dies
When you say, 'particular set of people, do you mean those who reject Christ in this life? Or what do you mean? because, what christ teaches here, applies to all who rejects Christ, Everyone. This will be their fate after judgement.

So unless you are trying to change the topic(which I probably might not join you in doing), I dnt see why you posted those verses.

I posted this verses because they explain to us, that I time will come, that The Weat and the Tares shall be separated, and the fate that awaits the Tares.

Man turning to sand sand does not go against the scriptures or those verses.
So pls tell if its (a)the verses you want to discuss or (b)what happens to man when he dies!.

Let's talk about what happens to the soul of a man when he dies. And I know as a JW, you don't believe in the immortal soul of a man. You don't believe that a man is primarily a spirit, having a soul(which doesn't die) and lives in a material body.

Sand wail and can gnash its teeth when its animated(made alive).
The furnace of fire signifies destruction.
These brings about the question: what goes into the furnace, the soul, spirit or body, 2 of the three or the whole 3?.(that if you believe the soul is a seperate component of man)

The Spirit of a lost man is dead (second death).
The Soul of a man is his consciousness, everything you do or did is in your consciousness, thus, this is the component of a man which will stand judgement before God.
When a man recieves Christ, his spirit recieves life and comes back alive. We worship God using this spirit, without it, you can't access God, because he is Spirit.

The body is this material component which enables us exist here in this realm. This is the component which will turn to dust. So if your "sand sand" anology applies to this, then you are right. But that is not what the Op is asking.

Would expect you to adress that if we are ever going to discuss the furnace.

Yes, we will address the furnace.

Haba! So you have already judged me before I can explain!!
That's unchristianlike!

Am sorry if you feel judged. But I don't have patience for anyone who may lead an innocent astray.

We shall soon know those who the verses are reffering to, even though it has no correlation with what's being discussed. Simple questions asked and simple statements made should not be turned into an avenue to judge, condemn or negatively classify others.

Excuse me sir. The question the OP asked is not a simple question. It may seem a simple question to you because you are of the opinion that a man has no immortals soul, so will be judged condemned and be anihiliated after judgement, that's not true sir. The teaching that everything ends after judgement is a lie sir. And it's satanic, to out people at rest in their sin. Let's eat and drink, after wen die it ends there. The fire that will burn is liken to Moses' burning Bush. Burning, but not consuming. because it the fire consumes, there won't be need for it to burn eternally, day and night.

1. I did not or have not till now quoted any gospel,so which gospel I'm I pervetting. You should have waited for me to use the scriptures to explain myself before jumping into conclusions.
You may not have quoted any scripture, but your statement speaks volumes.

2. With your statements above you have shown me that no matter the explanations I give, you already have an opinnion of me.

You maybe wrong on that.

3. You are adding things I never said.

But you implied them.

Thank God that being In the weed class is not for you or any human to determine.
When you hinder the growth of the wheat, you fall into that class. It doesnt matter who you are.

Now what was originally intended,? that a question for later. After its answered, we will know who is not doing accordingly but claims to be in the fold.

Look at what you said, do you really think that God accepts worship from those who claim to worship him cus they are afraid of your hellfire?

No, as a matter of fact, God wants us to worship him in a place of strength and boldness. Not of fear and timidity. But that does not mean for us to loose sight of the fact that, anyone who refuses the new life in Christ remains dead spiritually so can't access heaven.
I don't worship God for fear of hell, I worship God out of love. I don't know about others.

If someone does good in his actions or claims to do good because he is afraid or does not want to burn, that person will end up the same way a person who does not believe in hellfire will end.

Christ didn't die for us to be good. He died to give us a new life in our spirit. The second death which man died in Eden, is what christ came to restore. Anyone who accepts it, regains what he lost in Adam. It's what it's called redemption. Buying back what was lost.

So even if its Satan that is deceiving that there is no hellfire, the result of accepting or not accepting is still the same if your heart is not in the right place. Take a cue from Saul and the pharisses and jesus statement about those who shout lord lord! . Its the heart condition that jesus looks at and not only ur actions(even though your actions goes a long way in telling about ur heart and your faith).

What christ means here is that, you may think you are worshiping him, but in essence you are doing it your own way. There's an acceptable way of serving God.
Heb. 12:28. and He demands worshiping him in spirit and I truth. And the Apostles came to Jesus and said, 'while in the field, we met some who were performing miracles in your name, but they are not amongst us'. What about the ones who were preaching the gospel with malicious intents to bring more trouble for Apostle Paul? We can serve God in anger, complaining and murmuring, when we shd do it in joy and rejoicing.
So you can serve him unacceptably. If this is your case, on that day, you'll shout, 'Lord, Lord' , and he will say depart, I know you not.

This is why I think its more profitable for those who dnt believe in hellfire, but strive daily to live by Gods standard,
Cus the purnishment of the wicked is not the reason why they serve God.

Do you know how many years I have been without a man touching my skin? Do you know how hard that is, haven known how it felt like? Not as though, the day you decide to live this kind of life, the urge disappears, not as though, I put I sign o my face which says 'all men keep off'.
Do you know the humiliation I recieve from folk who don't understand why, whatever they do, I will still have to greet them, On one occasion a lady practically was going to slap my face because I won't stop greeting her, after she who hurt me, stopped me from greeting her?
Do you know how hard it is to forgive someone who hates you, and is not shy to let you know? Someone who in broad day light let's you know, am responsible for you troubles. Yet you have to forgives and pray for their eyes to be opened. Pray for God to save them?
This is the life of a Christian who thrives to live up to Christ's standards.

Sweetheart, I can decide to live as I like, if I don't have any price in sight. What will be the case of someone who can do, anything, I mean anything to anybody, because he feels not accountable to God?

You did not add one chief quality or attribute of God, God is a God of justice!.

Yes, He is the God of Justice, that's why he won't let the wicked go on punished. Adolf Hitler, Prophet Muhammed, Charles Tass Russell, Joseph Smith, Osamabinladin, Isis, boko haram. The wicked popes, and the petty wicked people, won't escape God's judgement. If not, there's no need for me not to do what they did and are doing.

Now what is hellfire? Is it a place man can go to when he dies? Can you support this with the scripture. Please also add the hebrew and greek words of "hellfire" in your reply so everyone on the thread can do personal investigation.

There's just one hellfire. Where fire burns unquenchably.
Some people who read only King James Bible, have a problem knowing the difference, the types or terms used in the Bible as hell. There are basically three types or terms used to describe hell.
1. Hell= original term=Sheol= A literal grave= A six feet accommodation where every man, rich or poor will end up. This is on earth here, in this material realm. This has nothing to do with afterlife. Ezekiel 32:27-29. Acts 2:25-31. So many scriptures let's stick with this pls. This is were our bodies turns to 'sand sand', according to you.

2. Hell=Hades. It's a spirit realm. This is a location where the Souls of the dead are kept till judgement . A kind of society, an abode of the dead. Call it a house if u like.
And there are two levels of hades.
The higher level (Abraham is here) and the lower level Adolf Hitler and Osamabinladin are here)

We see this in Lk 16:19-31.

Everybody goes to hades to await judgement. Everyone, good or bad.
Father Abraham is in this realm. Lizarus is in this realm, in the level where there's no torment.
This is where Christ decended to, it was here some of the saints resurrected with him, when he resurrected.
But there's a part where there's torment. The part where Adolf Hitler, Prophet Muhammed, Osamabinladin are waiting the real judgement.
In the part where Abraham and the dead Saints are, there's no fire or heat, but the part where Muhammed and his likes are, there's fire and heat. Read Lk 16:24.
And no one can cross from one to the other.

Eccl 9:5-10.while in this realm, you cease to exist in the realm of the material. In this our wicked terrible world. Even ur loved ones forgets you with time. Your memory(of people who knew you will fade out with time). You ceases to exist here.
This place is temporal, because it also shall be cast into the Lake of Fire. Rev. 20:14, And death and hell (hades) shall be cast into the Lake of fire. It is the fire in this lake that burns unquenchably This is the second death.

3. Hell =Gahanna. This is the HELL THAT BURNS WITH FIRE. Not Everyone will go here. It's a place of torment.
Jesus Himself made mention of this hell over and over. Let's consider some passages.
(John the Baptist) Matt 3:12, Whose fan(Jesus) is in his hand, and he will thorougly purge his floor, and gather his wheat unto the garner, but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire/Gahanna.

Matt. 9:43-48 all the following talks about the hell which burns with fire.
Matt 5:22
Matt10:28
Matt:12:32
Matt:13:28-30
Matt 13:41-42,50.
Matt11:24
Matt: 18:8-9
Matt 25:41
Matt 26:28. For what shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul in hell. If there's nothing to lose, why is it a big deal?
Jesus' personal words. Maybe Jesus is stupid to talk about this hellfire.
Rev. 19:20, And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet, that performed miracles and deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image, these both were cast ALIVE INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE BURNING WITH BRIMESTONE.

Rev21:8, But the fearful, the unbelievers, the abominable (homosexuals and those who do sex with animals), the murderers, the whoremongers(pimps) and sorcerers, and ALL Liars, idolaters, shall have their part in the LAKE OF FIRE WHICH BURNS WITH FIRE AND BRIMESTONE, which is the second death.
Rev20:10, this fire burns day and night.
Dear sir, If the fire being talked about here, is the fire that burns and consumes out totally, I know, you and I won't be having this conversation. If it's fire that burns up and every thing ends after the burning, then I personally, won't have any need to thrive to live a righteous life, you know why? because, the fire will just burn me up once and am gone. Remember this is the realm of the spirits, and spirits don't die. If there's no pain in the burning, then Jesus is a liar. If the burning is temporal, then Jesus is a liar. But, let all men be Liars, and God be true. The soul that sinneth shall die, and it's not the physical death, the Second death.

And, the satanic blackmail that God is not a tyrant, he is too good to send the people He created to hellfire forever, is very cheap. Satan uses this to make people look at God as bad, but does not let people see their own disobedience and wickedness. Let me say it again, ANY ONE WHO REJECTS THE LOVE OF CHRIST, HIS NAME SHALL NOT BE FOUND WRITTEN IN THE LAMBS BOOK OF LIFE, SO SHALL BE CAST TO HELL FIRE ON THE LAST DAY.

The statement above is contrary to what the scriptures said, contrary to what the op asked and contrary to what I said initially.

What the OP asked is his eternal destiny, not what happens to his flesh. If it's a matter of flesh, we won't be having dis discussion, and we won't have atheist every where, calling God callous.

According to the scriptures, every human, when he or she dies from the time of adam till now, Rgoes to hell!(I can go into detail of what hell is later). But note, the word "hell" has been mistranslated by many translators, clarification is needed.

From Adam till today, everyone who dies is in Hades. Not Gahanna.

What is hell fire? Cus most translations I've read dnt have the sentence in them.
If its not made for man, who is it made for, spirits?.
Following your beliefs, that going to hellfire is dependent on the man does not mean its not made for man!

I have answered above.

I like your words, "he will reward us according to what we did!"
Yes he will. Some to life everlasting and some to eternal darkness where the fire never ceases nor the worms dies. Day and night forever and ever.

You go fight God if you see Stalin or hitler in Gods kingdom, leave the judging to God!. If you where the person that that thief beside jesus robbed or probably killed, you will be insisting that the man is in hellfire if you did not hear jesus response to him. God does not see things in the limited way you see them.
Even humans, who have some sense of justice, dnt give same purnishment for every law broken.

If Hitler and Stalin are in heaven, then the Bible is a fraud, but I know that the word of God is true.
O dear, what did the Bible say. If we Repent and ask for forgiveness, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleans us from All our unrighteousness. The thief asked. How come the other theif wasn't promised paradise? because he remained adamant.

1 ti 1:17
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Sorry, it was 1Pt: 17 I meant to quote not Tim. Thanks.

Maybe you quoted the wrong scripture , but the verse I quoted above did not talk about what happens to us when we die.
Yes I did, thanks for the correction.

My next post will be to you , to explain what I meant about sand sand using the scriptures. Then you can decide to condemn me after that.
I have seen it, and I shall reply, given the time.

The above is my responds to you. I dont know how to break the text up.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by analice107: 6:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
dolphinheart:
@ analice107
My statement" when you die, you turn to dust is based on the following

1. Scriptures
The scriptures, when talking about how man (the first man) came to be stated thus:

Gen 2:7
Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the
ground and breathed into his
nostrils the breath of life, and
the man became a living
*being.

* note: some translations say, "soul", "creature" or person

This statement was recomfirmed thousands of years later.
1 cor 15:47
The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I've learned from those verses.
1. Man(adam) came from dust(Sand) or materials found on the earth.
2. That "adam was formed from the dust", not that adam came into the dust that was formed.!
3. That it was the effect of the spirit put into adam that enabled adam to become a living person/soul/human.

Now that this is understood, the scriptures tell us what happens when Adam dies or died.
After adam had sinned, and told he will die, this is what the one who created him(man/adam) said:

Gen 3:19
By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.

These statements where re-echored thousands of years later .

Eccl 12:7
and the dust returns to the
ground it came from, and the
spirit returns to God who gave
it.

What have I learned from these verses:
1. Adam returns or turns to dust when he dies.
2. Adam came from or was taken from dust.
3. Death is as a result of the spirit not activating the body again cus it has gone out of the body.
4. When that spirit does not activate the body, that person is classified as dead and begins to turn to dust!.

With this understanding, I believe I'm right to say that when man dies, he turns to sand sand.

If you dnt believe that man turns to sand(dust), then you dnt believe the scriptures recorded.
And if you want to tell me that man is soul or spirit inhabiting the body, you have to explain why the scriptures did not call the spirit man, but called man the flesh that returns to dust.
You will also have to explain what the spirit and soul are and how we can identify them. Also explain what happens to each of them when man dies and where it goes.

Are there other Scriptures to support my views? Yes .
Eccl 3:20
All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return.

2. Physical evidence

If one goes to the cementary, or to the grave of someone who had died a long time ago, what one sees there is dust/sand.

3. Scientific evidence
Scientist have stated that humans are made up of water and materials found on the earth. This is in line with the scriptures which says God formed man from the "earth".

I await your reply and your views of the scriptures I quoted.
My response to your other post address all these. I don't know how to break the text up, so I ended up jumbling everything up. Pls bear with me and read it like that. Thanks.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by dolphinheart(m): 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
analice107:
I have seen it, and I shall reply, given the time.
The above is my responds to you. I dont know how to break the text up.
Ill try to break it down, put your words in quotes and reply accordingly.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by dolphinheart(m): 12:51pm On Feb 05, 2016
@ analice107

Sir, when I responded to you, I knew exactly what I was doing.
But I dnt know, hence I needed to understand if you are trying to bring a new topic in to the thread. The verses you brought up and my reply to the op are not directly related.

I know you, I have
been following you here. I
know you are a JW so do not
believe in the afterlife, hence
your response of man turning
to 'sand sand' when he dies
If you had been following me, you would have known that I believe in life after death.
You would have also noticed that i make comments based on my views and I ask questions so that everyone can have a better understanding of what's being discussed.

When you say, 'particular set of people, do you mean those who reject Christ in this life?
Or what do you mean?
No, the weed and the wheat are a class of people who lived in a particular period of time.
Noticed that the parable says the weed where sowed among the good seed. Therefore I dnt think they(the weed) rejected Christ, but where sown to cause confusion and change the teachings of Christ.

because, what christ teaches here, applies to all who rejects Christ, Everyone. This will be their fate after judgement.
You are right, it applies to those who reject Christ , but the parable was not talking about "all" who rejected Christ, and it was not talking about those who dnt know Christ.
Remember I said that the verses you quoted is specific as to a time period,(in the future) and it never mentioned death directly.
The issue we are having is what that fate is and when it will be applied.

I posted this verses because they explain to us, that I time will come, that The Weat and the Tares shall be separated, and the fate that awaits the Tares.
You can see now that it does not go along with the question asked by the op.
The op is best answered by what happened to those that died in the past, and not what will happen to those that are alive in the future.

Let's talk about what happens to the soul of a man when he dies. And I know as a JW, you don't believe in the immortal soul of a man. You don't believe that a man is primarily a spirit, having a soul(which doesn't die) and lives in a material body.
Ok good, this is the topic we will stick to.

I do not believe that man has an immortal soul cus the scriptures did not tell us so. In fact the scriptures says that a soul that sins will die!.
Immortal soul teaching is a derived analogy from those who want to believe that something happens to man immediately after he dies.

I do not believe that man is a spirit living in a material body. The scriptures was specific as to what man is when he was created, it said man was "created from the dust", not that "man came into the created dust". On several occassions God called man "flesh"!, and when passing judgement to adam, he told him what he is, God said : " from dust you are, and to dust you will return ". God also specifically said : it is from the ground you where taking.!
There are several other verses I quoted in my post to you that supports this.
*we will come back to this with scriptural facts later on when we look at what the spirit in man really is.

I do not believe that man has a soul, but I believe that man is a soul!
Will address this when we look at what "soul" is .

The Spirit of a lost man is dead (second death).
The Soul of a man is his
consciousness, everything
you do or did is in your
consciousness, thus, this is
the component of a man
which will stand judgement
before God.
When a man recieves Christ,
his spirit recieves life and
comes back alive. We
worship God using this spirit,
without it, you can't access
God, because he is Spirit.
The body is this material
component which enables us
exist here in this realm. This is
the component which will turn
to dust. So if your "sand sand"
anology applies to this, then
you are right. But that is not
what the Op is asking.
You can see that you did not answer the question : what goes into the furnace, the soul, spirit or body, 2 of the three or the whole 3?.(that if you believe the soul is a seperate
component of man)

The answer to these question is vital in our discussion as it will tell us what man really is. Remember, you have said man is primarily a spirit, and its man that gets thrown into the furnace.

You have also said that the soul of a man is his consciuosness. This I find very interesting.
Science , common sense and observation has been able to show us what the body does for us. For example, it has been proven that the brain determines how we think and what we think about, it processes information from other organs of the body and gives orders as to how the body reacts, what we say and what we do.
Ill give a few examples.
1. A mad man is mad cus he does or behaves in a way different from the way we see as normal. Can some of this mad men be cured?, Yes. How, by giving them drugs, putting them in an environment and setting tasks for them.
Does this drug work on a seperate thing in the human body called consciousness or soul? No, it works on the body(which the brain is part of).
Can the environment achieve anything in the cure of these mad man if he can't see it with his eyes(part of the body), feel it with his skin(part of the body), hear it with his ears or taste it with his tongue.? No.

Therefore, your consciouness is you(the man), and you are your body.
One can be turned into a mad man with the right dose of drugs administered to the body.

2. Another example is what happens to man when parts of his body is damaged or removed.
When a mans body parts are being removed and moved to another place, his consciousness stays wherever his brain is! Remove the eyes and take it somewhere else, that person will only be conscious, not where the eyes is, but at where the brain is.
Hence the brain, which is part of our body is our consciousness . Therefore our body, being alive is the soul!

damage the brain and you will lose consciousness.
You know what pain caused by damage to your body can do to you, it can make you faint, but will you faint if the transmmittion of the pain to your brain is being cut off by drugs? No.

3 the third example is based on emotion and knowlege.
All the things you have learnt comes from physical experience by your body. And all the knowlege you have is as a result of your brains ability to analyse them. The brains capacity is different from one individual to another, hence we have different talents and abilities.
I can arguerably say that you know nothing about jesus or afterlife until you read about it. but this is not always the case for everybody , cus I believe that certain knowledge or actions can be gained or taken through a more superior force activating our body., for example, the holy spirit.

In conclusion, I can say that our consciouness is not a separate entity from our body called the soul, but its our body or the results of the functions or actions of our body. So we are living souls (like the scriptures rightly tell us) cus we are animated flesh!, and not that we have souls in our body.
The scritures say that soul eats, sleep, get pieced and dies!

Yes, we will address the
furnace.
after you have told us which of the three goes there.

Am sorry if you feel judged.
But I don't have patience for
anyone who may lead an
innocent astray.
Still the same, you should have waited for my reply to know if I've lead anyone astray.
Apology accepted.

Excuse me sir. The question the OP asked is not a simple question. It may seem a
simple question to you because you are of the
opinion that a man has no
immortals soul, so will be
judged condemned and be
anihiliated after judgement,
that's not true sir. The
teaching that everything ends
after judgement is a lie sir.
And it's satanic, to out people
at rest in their sin. Let's eat
and drink, after wen die it
ends there. The fire that will
burn is liken to Moses' burning
Bush. Burning, but not
consuming. because it the fire
consumes, there won't be
need for it to burn eternally,
day and night.
One does not carry too much emotions into answering some of these questions, yes the issue is not simple, but the question was. If you have different answer to mine, you would have just simply told him that this and this is what happens to people when they die. The scripture you quoted would have only created another argument devoid of the issue or question asked by the op. Remember, the op asked what will happen to him as an atheist when he dies!,I or the op never die yet!

Moreover, some of the things you claim to be lies above where never said or implied by me.

You may not have quoted any scripture, but your statement speaks volumes.
Yes it does, but condemnations comes after judgement and not before, and you have not giving me a fair hearing. You have dasukied me.

You maybe wrong on that.
I hope so.

But you implied them.
No, you are thinking I implied them.

When you hinder the growth of the wheat, you fall into that class. It doesnt matter who you are.
Good, you are right, the question is, have I hindered the growth of the wheath(this question is dependent on who the wheat is!
Notwithstanding, you do not have the ability to determine who will be in the weed class eventually.

No, as a matter of fact, God wants us to worship him in a place of strength and
boldness. Not of fear and
timidity. But that does not
mean for us to loose sight of
the fact that, anyone who
refuses the new life in Christ
remains dead spiritually so
can't access heaven.
I don't worship God for fear of
hell, I worship God out of love.
I don't know about others.
So do not be concerned with those that serve God cus of fear of hell. i will not lead them astray if I tell them there is no hellfire cus they are still astray for worshiping God for fear of hellfire? So you are wrong if you condemn me based on the result of my teaching rather than on the truth of my teachings.

Christ didn't die for us to be good. He died to give us a new life in our spirit. The
second death which man died
in Eden, is what christ came to
restore. Anyone who accepts
it, regains what he lost in
Adam. It's what it's called
redemption. Buying back what
was lost.
You can see that I did not mention What Christ did or the importance of what Christ did,
To accept or gain from what Christ did, you have to do what Christ commands, which entails doing good.! Now the issue is if you do good out of fear or love.

What christ means here is that, you may think you are
worshiping him, but in
essence you are doing it your
own way. There's an
acceptable way of serving
God.
Heb. 12:28. and He demands
worshiping him in spirit and I
truth. And the Apostles came
to Jesus and said, 'while in the
field, we met some who were
performing miracles in your
name, but they are not
amongst us'. What about the
ones who were preaching the
gospel with malicious intents
to bring more trouble for
Apostle Paul? We can serve
God in anger, complaining
and murmuring, when we shd
do it in joy and rejoicing.
So you can serve him
unacceptably. If this is your
case, on that day, you'll shout,
'Lord, Lord' , and he will say
depart, I know you not.
Now tell us, what is the outcome of those who worship God, but their heart is not their.
Though you are right, but its much more than that. As you can see, I mentioned three cases of those who think they serve God and not just the one you responded to. Your heart condition plays a vital role in your salvation, as emphasized by what happened to saul, the issue of the pharisses and jesus statement.

Do you know how many years I have been without a man touching my skin? Do you
know how hard that is, haven
known how it felt like? Not as
though, the day you decide to
live this kind of life, the urge
disappears, not as though, I
put I sign o my face which
says 'all men keep off'.
Do you know the humiliation I
recieve from folk who don't
understand why, whatever
they do, I will still have to greet
them, On one occasion a lady
practically was going to slap
my face because I won't stop
greeting her, after she who
hurt me, stopped me from
greeting her?
Do you know how hard it is to
forgive someone who hates
you, and is not shy to let you
know? Someone who in broad
day light let's you know, am
responsible for you troubles.
Yet you have to forgives and
pray for their eyes to be
opened. Pray for God to save
them?
This is the life of a Christian
who thrives to live up to
Christ's standards.
I do not have the answers to these questions o.
Yes, it is hard when one is persecuted, it is hard when one is undergoing the temptations of the flesh, but one should focus on ones goal and not on if God will purnish those who persecuted or kill us. I have a goal of enjoying life evalasting and wunt mind if a person who has been persecuting me before(to the point of killing me)shares such enjoyment with me.

Sweetheart, I can decide to live as I like, if I don't have any price in sight. What will be the case of someone who can do, anything, I mean anything to anybody, because he feels not accountable to God?
Yes, you can, but compare that short live to evalasting life.
Someone who feels he can do anything or does anything wrong to anybody will not gain
Evalasting life, that's good enough punishment for me.

Yes, He is the God of Justice, that's why he won't let the wicked go on punished. Adolf Hitler, Prophet Muhammed, Charles Tass Russell, Joseph Smith, Osamabinladin, Isis, boko haram. The wicked
popes, and the petty wicked
people, won't escape God's
judgement. If not, there's no
need for me not to do what
they did and are doing.
Leave the judging to God! Let God do the judging and do not condemn someone based to what you have heard.
The wicked will not go unpurnished , but like you said, they will be purnished according to their deeds. The issue should have been how they will be purnished, though we wunt discourse that untill we know what happens to man at death.!

Will continue in my next post, but when you reply this part, pls tell us what burns in hellfire, the spirit, soul or body.? Add scritures to show us what goes there.
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by Zenlife: 1:34pm On Feb 05, 2016
If truly you an atheist, why care? And really who cares!
Re: I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? by dolphinheart(m): 7:59pm On Feb 05, 2016
@ analice107

Continuation
There's just one hellfire.
Where fire burns unquenchably.
Some people who read only
King James Bible, have a
problem knowing the
difference, the types or terms
used in the Bible as hell.

I'm not asking about hell, I'm talking about hellfire!. Is hell and hellfire the same thing?, absolutely not, therefore, use scriptures to tell us what hellfire is and include the original greek and hebrew word for hellfire!

There are basically three types or terms used to
describe hell.
You are wrong, those terms do not describe hell, but hell is sometimes taken as the english translation of those terms.

1. Hell= original term=Sheol=
A literal grave= A six feet
accommodation where every
man, rich or poor will end up.
This is on earth here, in this
material realm. This has
nothing to do with afterlife.
Ezekiel 32:27-29. Acts
2:25-31. So many scriptures
let's stick with this pls. This is
were our bodies turns to 'sand
sand', according to you.

"Sheol" is a hebrew word that is sometimes translated as hell, grave or pit. So pls note, whichever way a translation translate the word "sheol", it is still talking about the original hebrew word "sheol". I will put a "** "sign when quoting the scriptures in which the original word is "sheol". Pls also take note of the underlined.

Now let's see what happens in sheol, who goes there and what goes there using the scriptures as guide.

Eccl 9:4-6,10
Anyone who is among the living has hope —even a
live dog is better off than a
dead lion!
For the living know that
they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward,[u] and even their name is forgotten.
Their love, their hate and their jealousy have long since vanished; never again will they
have a part in anything that
happens under the sun.

10 Whatever your hand finds
to do, do it with all your might,
for in the **realm of the dead,
[u]where you are going,
there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom

Ps 6:5
For in death there is no
remembrance of you; in Sheol who will give you praise?

Ill advise you read job chapter 14, but ill just pick some verses from it.
10 But a man dies and fades away; he breathes his last — where is he?
11 As water disappears from the  sea and a river becomes parched and dry,
12 so man lies down never to 
rise again. They will not wake up until the heavens are no more; they will not stir from their sleep.
13 If only You would hide me in •Sheol and conceal me until Your anger passes.
If only You would appoint a time for me and then remember me.

Ps 16:10
[b]because you will not abandon me to the **realm of the dead, nor will you let your faithful one see decay.

Note: some translations use "soul" instead of "me" in that verse.

"Regarding the word “Sheol,”
Brynmor F. Price and Eugene
A. Nida noted: “The word occurs often in the Psalms and in the book of Job to refer to the place to which all dead people go. It is represented as a dark place, in which there is no activity worthy of the name. There are no moral distinctions there ............In a sense, ‘the grave’ in a generic sense is a near equivalent, except that Sheol is more a mass grave in which all the dead dwell together. . . .
A Translators Handbook on the Book of Jonah, 1978, p. 37.

So what have we learnt from the scriptures quoted so far?
1. That all humans, both good and bad, go to sheol
2. That all humans decay in sheol.
3. That humans are souls which decay when they die.
4. That the experience of one in sheol as recorded by the scriptures does not correspond with man made theories about hellfire.
5. That the spirit which you claim is the man , does not go to sheol.
6 you, me, the op, die, when we die, we decay.
7. The soul does not think, experience anything!, know anything in sheol!
8. That what goes to sheol is the soul, which in the previous post i have explained it to be the man himself!
9 man is not conscious when he is in sheol.

All the above supports my view that when "you" die "you"(the same way the scriptures use the word ) turn to dust(sand-sand) cus that's what we are!

2. Hell=Hades. (i)It's a spirit realm. (II)This is a location where the Souls of the dead are kept till judgement . A kind of society, an abode of the dead.
Call it a house if u like.
(III)And there are two levels of
hades.
The higher level (Abraham is
here) and the lower level Adolf
Hitler and Osamabinladin are
here)
We see this in Lk 16:19-31.
(IV)Everybody goes to hades to await judgement. Everyone,
good or bad.
Father Abraham is in this
realm. Lizarus is in this realm,
in the level where there's no
torment.
This is where Christ
decended to, (v)it was here
some of the saints resurrected
with him, when he
resurrected.
But there's a part where
there's torment. The part
where Adolf Hitler, Prophet
Muhammed, Osamabinladin
are waiting the real
judgement.
In the part where Abraham
and the dead Saints are,
there's no fire or heat, but the
part where Muhammed and
his likes are, there's fire and
heat. Read Lk 16:24.
And no one can cross from
one to the other.
Ill take your points(numbered I-V) when I've used the scriptures to explain hades to you.

Hades is the common
transliteration into English of the corresponding Greek word haiʹdes. It perhaps means “the
unseen place.” In all, the word
“Hades” occurs ten times in the earliest manuscripts of the
Christian Greek Scriptures.

The Greek Septuagint translation of the Hebrew Scriptures (from Genesis to Malachi) uses the word “Hades” 73 times, employing it 60 times to translate the Hebrew word sheʼohlʹ,
commonly rendered “Sheol.”
Luke, the divinely inspired writer of Acts, definitely showed Hades to be the Greek equivalent of Sheol when he translated Peter’s quotation from .(read act 2:27 and compare it with ps 16:10 )
Inversely, nine modern Hebrew translations of the Christian Greek Scriptures use the word “Sheol” to translate Hades in revelation ;
and the Syriac translation uses
the related word Shiul.

This automatically shows us that sheol and hades mean the same thing despite being in different languages.

Another supporting evidence are found in your own words which is found in (II) and and (IV) above that souls go to hades.
If the scriptures shows that souls go to hades and sheol, it means sheol and hades are the same thing!
This I want you to consider when claiming that man/soul is conscious in hell.
Your post is now contradicting itself when you claim man is a spirit, but soul burns in hell, does the spirit goes to hell? No! The scriptures never said so.!

Now let's go the points you raised.
(I)there is no scripture that indicates that hell is a spirit realm, an abode of spirits or that spirits go to hell. If there is pls show us.

(II) the soul goes to hades(greek), the soul goes to sheol(hebrew). This Indicates that both mean the same thing.
The scriptures is abundantly explicit and self explanatory when it tells us what happens to the "soul" in sheol. Your explanation of what happens to the soul in hades contradicts the scriptures view of what happens to the soul in sheol! This I will like you to examine and comment on.

(III)using Luke 16:19-31 as a parameter, the verses never said lazarus went to hades or that hades has two levels.
(IV) everbody goes to hades, everybody goes to sheol. The scriptures indicate that there is no praising jehovah in sheol. Your explanation indicates otherwise. Its either the hebrew scripture writers are lying or you have a wrong understanding of the parable of the rich man and lazarus.

(v) some of the saints resurrected with jesus when he was resurrected ? Where did you get this from. Cus from the scriptures I read, the saints that where resurrected where resurrected when jesus died and not when he was resurrected.
Peter also indicated that David was not among those resurrected as he was still in hades. Abraham also was not resurrected among the saints as this would have created a commotion that even the pharises or the romans would not have been able to hide or control.
Another point to consider is that this people where resurrected back to earth with flesh and blood and entered Jerusalem.

in the account of “the rich man” and “Lazarus.” The language throughout the account is plainly parabolic and cannot be construed literally(like you are doing) in view of all the preceding texts and explanations I have given Note, however, that “the rich man” of the parable is spoken of as being “buried” in Hades, giving further evidence that Hades means the common grave of mankind, same as sheol.

To be continued in next post

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Popular "PAMELA WHY" Pastor - Alph Lukau Raised A Dead Man In His Church - Pics / If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? / God, Creation and Miracles or Evolution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.