Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,848 members, 7,806,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

"koko Mansion" What A Show! - TV/Movies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "koko Mansion" What A Show! (22108 Views)

Is Rita The Koko Mansion's Biggest Mistake? / Chidinma Mbalaso Koko Mansion Fan Club / Dbanj's Nu Reality Show Tagged "koko Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2009
THE AMAKA:

yeah girl i watched it.
and i was thinking the same thing.
rita was really trying to say something regardless of her english.

some of those girls didnt even know what they were talking about, and they speak good english.

this is not the matter of english but the point the girl was trying to get across and make her point.

the other girls, na wa oo!! hahahaha
they didnt even know what they were talking about.
sha!!!

Girlie, you couldnt be more correct.

I dnt even like the show, yet I try to understand it.

I guess the producers achieved their goal with some peeps that'd rather like to criticize her grammar than to understand the truth in her words.

ta ta ta!
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by lalaboi(m): 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2009
Una still dey here??

All this talk about Rita sha. . the gal is just plain stupid and dumb. . . .una dey talk sey she talk sense?? what sense>>? she cant comprehend any simple explanation or question. . ,

If this gal was a pilot of a plane from london to paris. . . .She will take us through lagos, benin, cape town, moscow, las vegas before landing in paris. . . .bah sense. . .bah decency. . , just fronting and pretending. . . .

oya. . . .bite me
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by maedan(f): 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2009
@ Sauron, it's okay, no need to argue, it will be like trying to reason with a brick wall, we have said time and again that it's not all about the amazingly deplorable grammar that we have found Rita wanting. Other like minds have said it has gone beyond realness into "bushness".

I know a lot of girls who talk like Rita, but they have a decent level of intelligence and how they carry themselves in public. And trust me, if giving a presentation about rebranding Nigeria I bet you they won't bring up such things as "demons" and "jazz", but even in their bad English will have something reasonable to say except basing their whole view on "yahoo yahoo" boys. It's good to defend the underdog, I find Rita to be a sweet girl but if I wanted to help her I'll tell her the truth that she's lacking in enlightenment and finess of thought and speech - and not deceive her into thinking she's just "real".
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by semid4lyfe(m): 4:50pm On Aug 15, 2009
I'm surprised Rita actually thought she could win with her obvious shortcomings. Truth is, if there was a thorough screening process and auditioning, She wouldn't have made it into the koko mansion.

IMO, Bolanle deserved to win although I found my self rooting for Rita out of sympathy. I guess all Rita fans and supporters were suffering from the 'underdog syndrome'.
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by GeorgeD1(m): 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2009
some ignorant people still don't undertsrand that show was stage-managed
from day one.
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by THEAMAKA(f): 6:34pm On Aug 15, 2009
what the hell is underdog syndrome?
wtf?

im just saying that just because rita cant speak good english doesnt mean people like her should be banned from TELEVISION

what about 2 3 4next  news that presents most of their news in pigin? its obvious a hell lot of nigerians dont know proper english and need pigin to understand it.
stop acting like people that dont know english are a shame or something like that.
they are human beings. why shouldnt people like rita be on tv?

after all, the producers casted her.
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by Treetop20(m): 6:37pm On Aug 15, 2009
the amaka
i see your comments on bellanaija
they are funny indeed
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by lalaboi(m): 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2009
is it just me or "The amaka" is always shouting when talking/typing/posting. . . .i bet she's doing the same wherever she is lol. . , no offence oh. . .
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by THEAMAKA(f): 6:42pm On Aug 15, 2009
Treetop20:

the amaka
they are funny indeed

hahahaha, how?

im not shouting oo!! i just think it isnt fair for people to be saying this and that about rita and that she is a shame, an embarresment, or that people like her should be banned from tv.

dont act like people like rita dont exist all over nigeria. im pretty sure millions upon millions of nigerians dont know english any better than rita.

abeg leave her. she wasnt the ideal kokolete but she was still funny and entertaining.
im assuming thats why most people voted for her, she was a pleasure to watch.

among them all, bola and chidinma were the most boring. omg "Zzzzzzz, "
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by Sauron1: 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2009
maedan:

@ Sauron, it's okay, no need to argue, it will be like trying to reason with a brick wall, we have said time and again that it's not all about the amazingly deplorable grammar that we have found Rita wanting. Other like minds have said it has gone beyond realness into "bushness".

I know a lot of girls who talk like Rita, but they have a decent level of intelligence and how they carry themselves in public. And trust me, if giving a presentation about rebranding Nigeria I bet you they won't bring up such things as "demons" and "jazz", but even in their bad English will have something reasonable to say except basing their whole view on "yahoo yahoo" boys. It's good to defend the underdog, I find Rita to be a sweet girl but if I wanted to help her I'll tell her the truth that she's lacking in enlightenment and finess of thought and speech - and not deceive her into thinking she's just "real".

She couldn't even pronounce "Jazz". . . . . .She said Jassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. grin
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by Radiant(f): 8:05pm On Aug 15, 2009
THE AMAKA:

she was a pleasure to watch.

Still not sure why people think Rita would represent Nigeria better than other "Kokolets". Represent Nigeria means an International affair and how was Rita going to do a good job?
Let's be serious guys. . . wink
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by THEAMAKA(f): 8:10pm On Aug 15, 2009
hahahaha no you, lets be serious!

this koko mansion thing, na wa oo!!
some people took it serious.
this is just another form of nigerian scam.

come on, represent nigeria? international fairs? or are we not talking koko mansion and politics?
abeg, hahahahahaha!!
this whole point for dbanj was to make money.

he just wrote a few lines on a peice of paper and said he was looking for this, that, and the other.
its all just a damn koko show.

international affairs? representing nigeria?
as far as im concerned, NONE of those girls could represent Nigeria.
are you serious? lol

if thats the case dbanj should have re-casted ALL of those girls.

its just a show for entertainment, i dont take anything dbanj says serious.
the show was not even serious sef. 80% of the time dbanj was nowhere to be found unless on sundays.
but he was looking for the girl, or the viewers? he didnt make sense on that one.
if he was really looking for the girl he would have spent more time around them.
not MIA all week besides sundays.
for all they know, he was getting some other koko p***y somewhere else during the week. lol
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by Radiant(f): 8:35pm On Aug 15, 2009
Oh well, from what we were told, the show was set to choose the best kokolet that could represent Nigeria. I know it was all for entertainment but girl that car, 5 mill and a diamond ring ain't just for "entertainment".

Entertainment or not, the show had a defined purpose and Rita wasn't/isn't fit for that purpose.  Ain't taking it too serious but Rita?? Nah! wink
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by THEAMAKA(f): 8:47pm On Aug 15, 2009
i know what you mean.

but when i hear them say a girl to represent Nigeria? HAHAHAHAHA!!! I LAUGHED SO LOUD.
its not only rita but ALL of the girls cannot represent Nigeria.
even bola sef, hahahahaha.
NONE of those girls.

lol
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by Radiant(f): 9:03pm On Aug 15, 2009
Yea, but don't forget that those girls were picked among others that went for the audition. So, basically the 12 chosen disciples were the 'best' they could work with. tongue
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by THEAMAKA(f): 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2009
hahahaha and people are talking down on rita.

the producers obviously saw rita and still casted her in the show, AMONG ALL THE GIRLS.
they knew she would make good tv and humor i guess.
there is still a reason why they chose her and i wanna know why.

OR. . .
i was thinking maybe they casted rita and then realized "OH NO! WHAT HAVE WE DONE" but then later realized she brought in a ton of views, text messages, and votes = MONEY! $$$

so thats probably why they kept her so long and in the end rigged it knowing she could not represent nigeria.
it was probably rigged or maybe it wasnt.
but they knew from day one she was not kokolete material, they should have gotten rid of her, but they turned around and used her to make money!!
na wa oo!!

LAWL!
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by Hesperus(m): 11:42pm On Aug 15, 2009
@ The Amaka, why are you taking panadol for someone else's headache? The way you are carrying this Rita's matter on your head, na you buy the form for am?
Anyway, me I still insist that Rita was NOT real in any way. The fact that other girls in the mnasion were quite polished and she wasnt doesnt necessarily make them less real than she was. Y'all just think that because Rita was oozing razzness. I have known Bolanle for years, and I know for sure she wasnt putting up an act. She has always been reserved and well-mannered. Boring, maybe, but that is your own opinion.

All this debating isnt going to change anything sef. Fact remains, Bola's account is 5 million naira credited and she is sporting a Chris Aire diamond ring. Rita, on the other hand, is back in village probably thinking of how to runs a visa to Italy or something.
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by TOPE20001(f): 11:47pm On Aug 15, 2009
Hesperus:

@ The Amaka, why are you taking panadol for someone else's headache? The way you are carrying this Rita's matter on your head, na you buy the form for am?
Roflmao. . . I tire o
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by THEAMAKA(f): 12:53am On Aug 16, 2009
hesperus:

okay that italy comment was uncalled for.
you are just insulting all the women in edo state who are being trafficked to italy.
please dont mock them.

and yes rita for sure was real, no one would act like rita just for pretend.
rita wouldnt act razz knowing she is competeing for 5 million naira.
that is her real self. no one would pretend not to know english and pretend to be uneducated. its embaressing!

chioma-fake!!
chinwe-fake!!

those two for sure were fake, just because their english is good, nko?
NO.

i just dont like people chopping down on rita as if she is not a human being or she should be ashamed or something.
there are millions of nigerians like rita, should they all be ashamed?
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by GeorgeD1(m): 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2009
seems rita is the one stealing the show now what with all those contracts rolling in! grin
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by pheena: 7:59pm On Aug 16, 2009

@ amaka but when i hear them say a girl to represent Nigeria? HAHAHAHAHA!!! I LAUGHED SO LOUD.
its not only rita but ALL of the girls cannot represent Nigeria.
even bola sef, hahahahaha.
NONE of those girls.

at least bola can do better than most of them. she is a focussed young lady
she was real becos its not possible to pretend 4 7weeks.
i bliv pple just found it hard to bliv a lady can be so composed
even isi(mole) said if she was to pick she wld have picked bola
becos she said afta 10pm she saw all the kokolettes' real xters.
but yet she picked bola as the ideal one b4 d final

my dear i like rita but she's still got a long way to go
i hear she 's been awarded a scholarship. i hope she does well
becuz now there will be no more excuses 4 her.
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by THEAMAKA(f): 8:02pm On Aug 16, 2009
pheena:

[color=#006600]
my dear i like rita but she's still got a long way to go
i hear she 's been awarded a scholarship. i hope she does well
becuz now there will be no more excuses 4 her.

scholarship YES! now she can resumer her education. (:
a scholarship to what school?
Uniben?
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by pheena: 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

scholarship YES! now she can resumer her education. (:
a scholarship to what school?
Uniben?

"kokolette Rita Wins Oforiokuma's Scholarship"
got the info from Rita's fan (facebook)
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by oyinda3(f): 8:17pm On Aug 16, 2009
Treetop20:

the amaka
they are funny indeed

srry i kno u hate me but . . . u read bellanaija?  shocked
interesting lol

the amaka, r u the same on bellanaija? i want to read ur comments too. lol i bet they're crazy n funny like on here haha
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by THEAMAKA(f): 8:18pm On Aug 16, 2009
oyinda.:

srry i kno u hate me but . . . u read bellanaija? shocked
interesting lol

the amaka, r u the same on bellanaija? i want to read ur comments too. lol i bet they're crazy n funny like on here haha

not really. people are always attacking me because i have a different view or opinion from them.
but who cares.
those comments are pretty much pointless.

pheena:

"kokolette Rita Wins Oforiokuma's Scholarship"
got the info from Rita's fan (facebook)
YEAH! im so happy for her!! she gets to go to school.
awww lucky rita.
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by Hesperus(m): 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

hesperus:

okay that italy comment was uncalled for.
you are just insulting all the women in edo state who are being trafficked to italy.
please dont mock them.

@ TheAmaka, if it makes you feel any better, I am also from Edo state! lol
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by THEAMAKA(f): 8:44pm On Aug 16, 2009
Hesperus:

@ TheAmaka, if it makes you feel any better, I am also from Edo state! lol

the italy comment was still mean.
i feel bad after i have read some stories of some of the girls who were kidnapped or lied into into thinking they had a job waiting for them just to provide for their family.
i almost cried.
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by C2H5OH(f): 8:46pm On Aug 16, 2009
amaka ur always crying. what is it with you.
crocodile tears sef. ur future boyfriend is in trouble.
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by platinumnk(f): 8:48pm On Aug 16, 2009
Ok this may seem like a dumb question, but how are people from the united States are able to watch the show?

:I thought Youtube shows only clips? angry angry
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by Hesperus(m): 8:52pm On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

the italy comment was still mean.
i feel bad after i have read some stories of some of the girls who were kidnapped or lied into into thinking they had a job waiting for them just to provide for their family.
i almost cried.

Life is mean. Tough! Deal with it.
Yes my heart goes out to the ones who were deceived into going. But on the other hand, some are fully aware of their mission there and still opt for it. Trust me, I know.
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by THEAMAKA(f): 8:54pm On Aug 16, 2009
C2H5OH:

amaka ur always crying. what is it with you.
crocodile tears sef. ur future boyfriend is in trouble.
im just an emotional person.
i dont have to be  STRONG BLACK WOMAN aka an overbearing woman who barks at her man all the time.
please im not OVER emotional.
i will find the RIGHT boyfriend that wants to date me for me. not someone i have to pretend for.
but anyway. . .

platinumnk:

Ok this may seem like a dumb question, but how are people from the united States are able to watch the show?

:I thought Youtube shows only clips? angry angry

if you get the HiTv box set up.
its like a cable box and you get to watch all the HiTv channels.

Hesperus:

Life is mean. Tough! Deal with it.
Yes my heart goes out to the ones who were deceived into going. But on the other hand, some are fully aware of their mission there and still opt for it. Trust me, I know.
yes i know some women are willing to prostitute.
Re: "koko Mansion" What A Show! by C2H5OH(f): 8:56pm On Aug 16, 2009
THE AMAKA:

im just an emotional person.
i dont have to be STRONG BLACK WOMAN aka an overbearing woman who barks at her man all the time.
please im not OVER emotional.
i will find the RIGHT boyfriend that wants to date me for me. not someone i have to pretend for.
but anyway. . .

yea i feel it. that's real. maybe if you weren't so over the top most times lipsrsealed
i like your passion though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Digital TV launches in Kano: 24 Channels Available Immediately / BBNaija: I’d Have Taken Voluntary Exit If You Were Not Here – Saga Tells Nini / #BBNaija: Why I should not be Evicted – Khloe Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.