Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Pls What Is The Function Of Hood/bonnet Front Cover? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls What Is The Function Of Hood/bonnet Front Cover? (2272 Views)

Python Chilling In A Car Bonnet In Awka (Photo) / Lagos Woman Drives Off With LASTMA Official Hanging On Her Car Bonnet (video) / What To Do When Your Bonnet Flies Up While Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls What Is The Function Of Hood/bonnet Front Cover? by pobeaf(m): 3:22pm On Feb 02, 2016
Pls what is the function of hood/bonnet front cover as in this picture? I just what yo know

Re: Pls What Is The Function Of Hood/bonnet Front Cover? by pobeaf(m): 7:40pm On Feb 02, 2016
Pls my ogas in the house I just want to learn
Re: Pls What Is The Function Of Hood/bonnet Front Cover? by carblognaija: 11:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
it
Re: Pls What Is The Function Of Hood/bonnet Front Cover? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 02, 2016
pobeaf:
Pls what is the function of hood/bonnet front cover as in this picture? I just what yo know

Your question is not clear.

I presume you're referring to the clear plastic / polycarbonate lip at the leading edge of the bonnet?

If so, that is a bonnet guard. It's purpose is to prevent, or at least reduce the effect of gravel or minute sand particles from striking the edge of the bonnet. It reduces the effect of stone-chipping, which can necessitate a respray.

3 Likes

Re: Pls What Is The Function Of Hood/bonnet Front Cover? by lonelydora: 8:40am On Feb 03, 2016
Siena:

Your question is not clear.

I presume you're referring to the clear plastic / polycarbonate lip at the leading edge of the bonnet?

If so, that is a bonnet guard. It's purpose is to prevent, or at least reduce the effect of gravel or minute sand particles from striking the edge of the bonnet. It reduces the effect of stone-chipping, which can necessitate a respray.

Exactly. There's something called "Pitting", a type of corrosion. The plastic reduces the pitting corrosion caused by stone, sand, and gravel.

Most Nigerians use it as a fancy. There is also the leather type for Bonnet and bumper.

(1) (Reply)

Authomatic And Manual Cars,which One Lasts Longer / Usage Of Coolants & Water For Radiators / First Oil Change, Is SAE 10W-30 Available?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.