Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost (71630 Views)

Handover Of Agulu Lake Hotel To Golden Tulip By Anambra Governor Obiano (Photos) / I Opted To Withdraw, Buhari, APC Urged Me To Fight On - Gbajabiamila / Fayose To Buhari: Go Ahead And Probe Jonathan, Don't Announce It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Caseless: 4:44pm On Feb 02, 2016
Since losing to incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari at the April 2015 presidential election, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has been releasing tit-bits about the circumstances surrounding the loss.

In yet another revelation, Jonathan disclosed how he was advised by a sitting African leader not to accept the result of the election, a move that could have plunged Nigeria into chaos.

In an interview with The Sun, he said: “Let me tell you a story that will shock you. When the results of the elections were declared and I got almost 13 million votes, while the incumbent president won with over 15 million votes, I recall one African leader telling me that if I decided to leave office, it would only be because I must already be tired of remaining in office. The implication of that statement was that many other leaders in my position would have stayed put, but that is just not me. My place in governance was to do my best and quit and not to sit tight and destroy everything I had built. I believe that sometimes, one will have to make that kind of sacrifice in the interest of his people and nation that God had graciously allowed you to lead.”

http://www.theheraldng.com/jonathan-reveals-another-shocking-detail-about-presidential-election-loss/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

142 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by tyav7: 4:45pm On Feb 02, 2016
Sensible leader

335 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
Great leader

235 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2016
God punish that African leader who give you that advice. angry

377 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 02, 2016
Hero

162 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Pidggin(f): 4:50pm On Feb 02, 2016
The best president ever.

204 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by coolitempa(f): 4:50pm On Feb 02, 2016
So the ineffectual buffoon who bankrupted his country....wants us to thank him for leaving after he had been voted out.......my friend you lost the elections which you did your best to scuttle and failed......and we are supposed to be grateful....this man needs to be in jail... angry

645 Likes 73 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by dunkem21(m): 4:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Vulu: 4:57pm On Feb 02, 2016
MY AMBITION IS NOT THE BLOOD OF ANY NIGERIAN.- GEJ

MY AMBITION IS WORTH THE BLOOD OF KAFFURS. DOGS AND BABOON MUST BE SOAKED IN BLOOD- Daura President.

162 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by stormm: 5:05pm On Feb 02, 2016
This clown wants to stay after being voted out? Why conduct the election in the first instance or did he not postpone the elections thinking he can buy his way back?

And some people celebrate this idiocy. I tire for this vocal minority.

255 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by EazyMoh(m): 5:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
Bad guys always trying to get you in trouble. Kudos man for growing some balls last minute.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by tuniski: 5:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
coolitempa:
So the ineffectual buffoon who bankrupted his country....wants us to thank him for leaving after he had been voted out.......my friend you lost the elections which you did your best to scuttle and failed......and we are supposed to be grateful....this man needs to be in jail... angry
I pray baba shows same come 2019 when he will be ushered out of Aso Rock. Only then will I take it for a no noble action! GEJ the Hero of our democracy!!!

162 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Caseless: 5:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
coolitempa:
the ineffectual-B is trying harder to be seen as a hero. When they open the file of deziani as petroleum minister, this man won't have any story to tell again; he'd be enshrouded in shame.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by ezenaija(m): 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2016
With constant reminders to you by world leaders to quit if you lose ot get the GBAGBO treatment,you no get liver to do otherwise nah! You for dey chop beans Aunty Peshe inside ICC prison with MR & MRS GBAGBO

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Caseless: 5:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
tuniski:
I pray baba shows same come 2019 when he will be ushered out of Aso Rock. Only then will I take it for a no noble action! GEJ the Hero of our democracy!!!
we kicked the gasbag out, he ain't a hero.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by TippyTop(m): 5:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
Buhari lost 3 elections in the past and went to court 3 times to contest the results of those 3 elections.

Jonathan contested 2 elections, won 1 and lost 1 and then went back to his people.

If Buhari had lost last election, we would all have been at war now, I mean the coward Tinubu saw war looming hence he ran to Buhari.

The South needs to stand up to the north, we're only postponing the evil day, things can't continue as they are now.

#implementconfabreport#

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Caseless: 5:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
sameer1212:
I want to know that bastard too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
undecided
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
please where is the shocking detail?

I even thought he finally wanted to reveal how he asked the inec returning officer from one of the northern states to change his result to favor him,

or how and who he shared billions of $$$ to during the electioneering period.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by freezy(m): 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
No African leader told that joker anything.

He should just shut up already.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
Caseless:
Hahaha.... Korai dan uwa. cheesy
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Caseless: 5:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
ezenaija:
With constant reminders to you by world leaders to quit if you lose ot get the GBAGBO treatment,you no get liver to do otherwise nah! You for dey chop beans Aunty Peshe inside ICC prison with MR & MRS GBAGBO
if he had reneged against the people's will, he won't be alive to even see ICC ; the fire his actions might ignite would have definitely consumed him.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Caseless: 5:39pm On Feb 02, 2016
sameer1212:
Hahaha.... Korai dan uwa. cheesy
kaji Dan burauba fa. So yake ayi rigima a Kasan don Jonathan? Yaci ubansa Wallahi.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by coolitempa(f): 5:39pm On Feb 02, 2016
Caseless:
the ineffectual-B is trying harder to be seen as a hero. When they open the file of deziani as petroleum minister, this man won't have any story to tell again; he'd be enshrouded in shame.

Allow him now...this man has no shame... angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by TippyTop(m): 5:41pm On Feb 02, 2016
Caseless:

What would you do if you knew?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by TippyTop(m): 5:42pm On Feb 02, 2016
Caseless:
kaji Dan burauba fa. So yake ayi rigima a Kasan don Jonathan? Yaci ubansa Wallahi.

So you be Hausa, no wonder.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Caseless: 5:42pm On Feb 02, 2016
freezy:
No African leader told that joker anything.

He should just shut up already.
grin grin grin

He knows how to lie a lot. Tomorrow, you might hear him give another account like: all the African leaders I called while the results were being collated advised me arrest BUHARI and force Jega to declare the election inconclusive at gunpoint, but I refused because that's not my way.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 02, 2016
Caseless:
Hahahaha... Gaskiya kam. Ina guessing kamar shugaban kasan Ghana ne. Kasan shima matsiyaci neangry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by anigbajumo(m): 5:44pm On Feb 02, 2016

Nonsense and first class degree stupidity....

U conceded defeat only because you loss the election hands down, so what is so special about that?? Any attempt to against it will lead to the same treatment given to gbabo coz international observers are watching, AU are watching and UN are watching.

I dnt blame you but some fools that will keep on hailing ineffectual buffoon as their useless hero..........

Continue to yern dust for yer gullible heros' worshippers.one African Leader ko mama piss nii......# Ineffectual Buffoon.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by anigbajumo(m): 5:45pm On Feb 02, 2016
sameer1212:

Roasted lies.....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Caseless: 5:45pm On Feb 02, 2016
coolitempa:

Allow him now...this man has no shame... angry
he's a thief and a coy per excellence.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Caseless: 5:47pm On Feb 02, 2016
sameer1212:
Hahahaha... Gaskiya kam. Ina guessing kamar shugaban kasan Ghana ne. Kasan shima matsiyaci neangry
kuma fa , Kana da gaskiya. Akwai abokantaka a tsakaninsu , wato Shi Jonathan da shugaban kasar Ghana.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Official Cars Of The Nigerian Service Chiefs / "SARS Officials Shoot Man Dead In Bodo City & Hijack Ballot Boxes" (Graphic Pics / Presidential Election: Peter Obi Disputes INEC Results In 21 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.