Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,008 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Git Charged For Stamp Duty Even Without Making Use Of It - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Git Charged For Stamp Duty Even Without Making Use Of It (834 Views)

N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me / CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts / N50 Stamp Duty: 10 Things You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Git Charged For Stamp Duty Even Without Making Use Of It by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 02, 2016
Maybe I don't know how these stamp charges are made, If that's the case, I will like to be put straight.

Got a debit alert of 50 naira for CBN Stamp duty charge on my current account. I have not done any transaction involving stamp duty since its inception save my salary that was paid into the account.

Re: Git Charged For Stamp Duty Even Without Making Use Of It by jmoore(m): 8:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
Chai!!! They have legalized stealing.
Re: Git Charged For Stamp Duty Even Without Making Use Of It by RICHIEBOI1(m): 8:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
Think well bros...If money was deposited into your account then fifty naira will be deducted. My guess is that the fifty naira deducted was because of your salary that was paid.
Re: Git Charged For Stamp Duty Even Without Making Use Of It by chigoizie7(m): 8:19pm On Feb 02, 2016
I tot CbN said that there were exceptions to this stamp duty, like savings account and salary accounts. Wetin be there problem?
Re: Git Charged For Stamp Duty Even Without Making Use Of It by spytime(m): 5:23am On Feb 03, 2016
Incorruptible:
Maybe I don't know how these stamp charges are made, If that's the case, I will like to be put straight.

Got a debit alert of 50 naira for CBN Stamp duty charge on my current account. I have not done any transaction involving stamp duty since its inception save my salary that was paid into the account.
salary account is excluded, even when u pay into ur own savings account u are not to be charged but u should know we nigerians we go beyond limit
Re: Git Charged For Stamp Duty Even Without Making Use Of It by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 04, 2016
spytime:
salary account is excluded, even when u pay into ur own savings account u are not to be charged but u should know we nigerians we go beyond limit

That's why am confused. The account is my salary account. I have done nothing on it save for the withdrawal I made
Re: Git Charged For Stamp Duty Even Without Making Use Of It by millhouse: 10:20am On Feb 05, 2016
Take it up with the appropriate authorities

(1) (Reply)

Four Banks Get Sanction For Non-reversal Of E-payment Dispense Error / 350k Loan With [Toyata Picnic] As Collateral. / Freelancer: Another Way Of Making Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.