Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,071 members, 7,807,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? (11538 Views)

5 Reasons It Is Better To Work In Lagos Than Abuja / Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr / Lady Sacked For Not Wearing Bra To Work In US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by chocolateme(f): 10:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
Be it the family company, government parastatal or any other firm, can a couple work in the same organization? The merits and demerits of it also can be considered too.
Ok a situation where the husband or the wife is the CEO while the partner is the vice or assistant, can it lead to the effective and efficient running of the organization also considering the domestic part too. Switching from married couple to professional angle too.
What about a situation where there are also pretty damsels with endowment blessings also working in the company or having such as her husband's PA while the wife works there. Can she be professionally tolerant and understanding even if its on a neutral ground.
Can you work with your spouse in the same work place?
Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by jbcul4ril(m): 10:38pm On Feb 02, 2016
Not allowed in the banking/finacial industry. One of you have to go period.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by chocolateme(f): 10:44pm On Feb 02, 2016
jbcul4ril:
why?
Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
It depends on the coy policies. Most coys dont usually accept such.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by swhiss: 8:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
Working with your spouse can be bliss or a nightmare, depending on how you approach the endeavor. On the one hand, the burdens of your job can be lightened by the daily sight of the one you love. On the other hand, a relational souring in either realm can leave you trying to avoid each other not only at home but in the office, too.
When a couple works together, jealously can occur. If one or the other partner gets a promotion or is favored at work, the other person may feel some resentment. Some couples also enjoy the separation that they have by having a life at work. They enjoy not having their mate involved in every aspect of their life. Having your own individual identity at work and not being related to as a couple or the husband or wife of a spouse can be nice.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by looseweight: 8:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
If your company accepts it, then go for it, however, I will not like a situation where we both work in d same establishment and in case of economic melt down, they sack us both....

I will prefer a situation where one of us wok in the private and the order with the government

2 Likes

Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by brunofarad(m): 8:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
No issue

2 Likes

Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by cutetopsey(f): 8:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
no
Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by Ovialekhe(f): 8:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
its not advisable.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by Weedcrusher: 8:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
Personal opinion, not encouraged

1 Like

Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
At what levels
Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by tuoyoojo(m): 8:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
most companies esp banks abhor it

the problem from the home could be brought and vented on each other with the company becoming the bitter receiver

pleasure should be left at home

business in the office

(the would be for a business not owned by the couple)
Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by Ovialekhe(f): 8:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
its not advisable, cos husband and wife go see dem selves finish. And if either one of them is being scolded or shouted at in the office, the other partner may feel bad or offended

10 Likes

Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by datola: 8:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
It can be challenging especially for the man because the woman can frustrate the smooth running of the business as she will mix sentiments and emotions with business.

But for the mature and the professional it's a good combo for great synergy.

Femi Falana and wife come to mind. They are both partners in their law firm and they are doing fine.
Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by DirtyGold: 8:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
Short answer, NO!

What's tha business?
Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by Donald3d(m): 8:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
its not bad na ,but it will cause distractions grin grin grin grin grin if you know what i mean
Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
I personally won't accept. What if I stumble across a (you know na). What would I do? cool
Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by kasysleek(m): 8:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hmmm, ion really no.
Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
nope
Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by neweraomo: 8:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
It is advisable jare incase they need afternoon quickie wink
Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by kennyman2000(m): 8:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
Lemme learn..
Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by flokii: 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2016
chocolateme you're looking great... very nice

what was d question again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by tellwisdom: 8:39pm On Feb 03, 2016
Na which day you start work wey u no go let us hear word ?? sad

1 Like

Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by ladycomfort(f): 8:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
Dem plenty for OAU
Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by ademoladeji(m): 8:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
jbcul4ril:

Yh

Even in the military, the ONLY condition where both cld be accommodated is whn the Husband is of higher rank.
Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by Olasco93: 8:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
My point may be slightly different from the main topic, but it's really not advisable because last i checked, it's relatives/families that kill business be it Large organization or SME...

1 Like

Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by ogawisdom(m): 8:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
Y nt if d company accepts dt
Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by wabuk(m): 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
Ovialekhe:
its not advisable, cos husband and wife go see dem selves finish. And if either one of them is being scolded or shouted at in the office, the other partner may feel bad or offended
but me and my lovely wife works in thesame place . When we close I take her home with d car same thing in d morning . I'm an accountant she's a nurse

2 Likes

Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by Medunah: 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
Its not advisable, if the company is having issues nd can't pay salaries for like 3 months or more in a row. Pray tell, how will the family feed since both of d couples are working in the same coy?

Or if the company closes down or sumtin bad happens, both husband nd wife will be unemployed at d same time

1 Like

Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by Mutuwa(m): 8:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
Where I work for example; there are couples there,doing well.The pay is good,with other fringe benefits.Also my own set from 2013 till date,colleagues marry one another,for numerous reasons ranging from harmonization of schedule,and increases in walfare put together

Everyone gets paid same time,all fringe benefits and allowances come at the same time,so no couple is left with a negative tale to tell.

Unfortunately,at some point last year a couple was caught cheating with her boss,and it didn't go down well with the husband.

So same workplace for couples has its own pro's and con's.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Encouraging For A Couple To Work In The Same Establishment? by PubLlcEnemy(m): 8:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
Its Cool!

Lots of s€x in the Toilets and every coded corner in the office building. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer -dr. Peter Ozo-eson / A Practising Engineer But, So Passionate About Teaching Maths In High School. / 5 Great Passive Income Ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.