Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application (41154 Views)

4 Dangerous Apps You Should Uninstall / This Is Why You Should Uninstall Flash Share Now!!! / Where In Nigeria Is Pank Shin? Truecaller App Keeps Giving That Location. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by delishpot: 5:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
ednut1:
u know how nigeria police work, wetin i go tell police say happen self abi u wan make dem lock me up instead. i was working 8-9 then with sunday o, where d time self sad

grin grin shakey shakey uncle. I feel you small sha. But still yet that idiot will still carry another person again
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by lomprico(m): 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
Akainzo:

Actually, once you go through the UNLIST process of Truecaller, your name/identifier will not pop up again on anyone's phone so long as you uninstall Truecaller app from your phone.

Even if someone with the Truecaller app has you as a contact, your details/identifier will not be updated.
You r not right. I dialled my mums number on another persons phone who has trucaller and her number registered as mum. Even if u do what u just stated, someone somewhere with trucaller and has u as a contact will still give out d name ur number is stored with.
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by IDnoble1: 6:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
Larynx:
And that's how some people can never n will never be a political office holder... What's so special about ur phone number?L.
. What's so personal about it... The worst u can do is to not pick calls that u don't ve deir number. U r just saying trash with all wah u wrote about True caller.... Anywaiz, it' s one of the best app I've ever come across at least it reveal the identity of people without charges....
I think the guy has been paid to defame the app by those companies and ppl that use short codes to make unsolicited calls to our lines for their adverts,so far the app can block them

1 Like

Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by Electronzeez(m): 7:19pm On Feb 03, 2016
ayaoba1997:
Im not a bro, im a sis. Point of correction. undecided cry

Sorry about that bro ........I mean sister grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by Electronzeez(m): 7:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
IDnoble1:

I think the guy has been paid to defame the app by those companies and ppl that use short codes to make unsolicited calls to our lines for their adverts,so far the app can block them

Those who say to hide something from a black man put it in to writing , they are very correct .

Instead of your hasty remarks about me why not read and digest what I wrote before talking here ? I remember stating blocking of spam calls and message by truecaller as one of its advantage . I went further to say truecaller advantages outweigh its disadvantages.

Please always read before you comment .
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by Electronzeez(m): 7:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
lawboss:
pls inbox me how to read terms n conditions, cos I feel guilty anytime I jst click accept cos d writings is jst too long too even consider, even d font size most times tells u,dis is a load to read.

It is no rockect science bro , you must learn how to read the long story .

This might help you reading everything .

- You must be someone that is very conscious about security even if it is obvious there is no one completely secure on the internet .

- Before you agree to a terms and conditions , read about it for a number of days , this will enable you to understand every point and their meaning . it is the same way you research the price and specification of a phone for some time before you finally buy it .

- Reading terms and condition give you the insight of possible issue in future , for example if a terms and condition reads 'allow application to have access to your phone drive ' you will not be suprise if you finally see some of the private information on your phone online .

NOTE: READING MOBILE TERMS AND CONDITION CAN SO MUCH DISCOURAGE YOU FROM DOWNLOADING AN APPLICATION BUT BELIEVE ME IT HELPS TO DECIDE WHICH APPLICATION YOU WANT TO KEEP ON YOUR PHONE .

Cheers
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by Bigtoto(f): 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
Some Itk go even fill the whole form with their Facebook account and e-mail #smh! And even their real names in full. Chai!!!what a f00L!!
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by TheAdvocate(m): 8:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
Even when yu don't download it, ur other contacts have it and automatically, yu are listed. The advantages far out weights the disadvantages. If only yu have an idea about the various apps that reads ur contact, sms etc, yu will abandon the use of a phone.
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by whytnblack: 9:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
Squad4:
Whats your concern here exactly?

You installed truecaller because you want to see the identity of every caller?

Why then do you have an issue with people seeing who you are when they get your number?

Truecaller does not give out your number to anybody and doesnt have your email address either and gives location based on where you use your phone mostly...so i dont really know what you are complaining about or did you not read what the app does before you downloaded it?

And besides you dont have to signup or download the app for the truecaller users to identify you. See how it works for every user that downloads the app gives it access to their contacts; so whatever the person saved your number as on their phone is saved to the Truecaller database. SO if on my phone i save it as "Stupid Fool" and i have the app, then anyone that gets your number will see Stupid Fool come up grin grin grin

Abi o. Very annoying.
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by Akainzo(m): 9:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
lomprico:

You r not right. I dialled my mums number on another persons phone who has trucaller and her number registered as mum. Even if u do what u just stated, someone somewhere with trucaller and has u as a contact will still give out d name ur number is stored with.

Please understand what I wrote, your mum has to UNLIST her number from TrueCaller. One MUST enlist otherwise it will appear in the database so long as someone with TrueCaller has the number in their phone.

So the keyword here is, UNLIST.
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by lomprico(m): 10:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
Akainzo:

Please understand what I wrote, your mum has to UNLIST her number from TrueCaller. One MUST enlist otherwise it will appear in the database so long as someone with TrueCaller has the number in their phone.

So the keyword here is, UNLIST.
mum uses nokia touch light phone. she has never had truecaller b4
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by oodua1stson: 10:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
This post is a shower of sh1t
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by Akainzo(m): 11:36am On Feb 04, 2016
lomprico:

mum uses nokia touch light phone. she has never had truecaller b4

Exactly the reason why her number would be in TrueCaller database. For your number to be in the database, it only needs to be in the Contact list of someone with TrueCaller app installed.

Only the UNLIST process can mark the data as "Flagged Not To Be Displayed". To get your number into that state, one has to go through the UNLIST process.
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by callmelanner(m): 11:41am On Feb 04, 2016
lomprico:

once u type any number, truecaller searches the www to locate any name tagged with that number, even if u dont have the app. when it first came out it used my facebook name to link my number, and that made me remove my phone number from fb. and also if i have truecaller app on my phone and ur number is among my contacts, its still links you to its data base, even if someone elese with d app dials that ur number, it shows d name i saved it with on my phone.
for eg my mus still uses nokia touch phone (she prefers it for its simplicity and she has never had a smart phone) but if search her number in a strangers trucaller app, the name 'mum" appears.

it a nutshell we are all exposed to this.
Still can't understand you...
So u mean if I mistakenly dial a number which happens to be ur mum' s, it will still bring it out as mum? shocked
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by callmelanner(m): 11:43am On Feb 04, 2016
goldfish80:

exactly, thats how it works. before I ever registered and downloaded the app, I discovered my name was already on their database. I basically went an extra mile to make sure my picture was not exposed.

Only thieves & criminals will go extra miles to make sure their pictures are not exposed wink
Re: Why You Might Want To Uninstall Your Truecaller Application by chiefobdk(m): 7:24pm On Nov 21, 2016
Btruth:
Ain't downloading that thing for any amount of money in the world. I so much cherished my privacy.

I could get upset, when people start asking me such an unnecessary questions about me.

wink

unfortunately u dont ve to download before they ve ur details. someone who ve d app and saved ur number is enough

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Best Selfie Smartphone With Good Front Camera 2016 / 3 Things The New Nokia 8 Can Do That Your Infinix Or Tecno Phone Can't Do / This Is The Reason SD Card Slots Are Disappearing From Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.