Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] (4877 Views)

5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone / Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho / How-to: Download And Upgrade Your Gionee M5 To Marshmallow Android 6.0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by chiedoziepc2: 10:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
This topic is dedicated to Rooting the Gionee M5 as many Nigerians owing the phone find it relatively hard to break & root it.

Different websites claiming to have solutions to this rooting issue & post articles that do not work for the phone. The funny part is they copy each other and don't have the actual phone.

If you have been searching for a working method to root your Gionee M5 successfully, I think this is the place you ought to be, In Nairaland.

UPDATE: With this rooting method, you can now have the option of installing applications on your memory card. (Saves phone memory from being full and sloggy). Plus other rooting benefits.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3360887_screenshot20160202224326_pngfcd9fee9805c38048915906d76ddf5eb

Let's begin

Before you can successfully root a Gionee M5, you need to have all the items listed below.

1) Unrooted Gionee M5
2) A windows PC
3) USB
4) Softwares including
a) Gionee M5 stock ROM
b) Gionee M5 TWRP recovery
c) SP flash tool
d) SuperSU
e) Root Checker

Note: I will not be posting links on Nairaland to avoid getting banned. The exact files I used to achieve my rooting, I have attached to the video description I created, currently uploaded on YouTube. Hope YouTube is allowed on Nairaland.

Now, THE PROCESS

The process is simple,
1) Download the recovery file. Use it to replace the one found in the stock ROM.
2) Using SP flash tool, upgrade your Gionee M5 with the modified ROM.
3) Install SuperSU in recovery mode ( To root phone )
4) Then check root.

I have created a 4mins video for this purpose. It explains the process, step by step, so I hope it won't be a hard nut to crack. Download links are in video description on YouTube.

Have fun watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJs6rqeCcgI

Click on YouTube link above to see software download links in YouTube video description.

Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by chiedoziepc2: 11:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
If you have question after watching the video. Please drop in YouTube video comments or here using Nairaland reply.
(You can click on the YouTube link if you wish to see the download links in description or drop your comments)

1 Like

Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by Leorichy: 11:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
Thanks,bro,gonna try it out and give feedback,my bro has been finding it hard to root his m5,will try outz this method out now!

1 Like

Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by chiedoziepc2: 11:24pm On Feb 02, 2016
Leorichy:
Thanks,bro,gonna try it out and give feedback,my bro has been finding it hard to root his m5,will try outz this method out now!

This method is simply easy. Your brother should find it easier now. Ure welcomed
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by falseman(m): 12:55am On Feb 03, 2016
I don't see any reason why I should root this phone not like there are custom roms for it.

Op why should this phone be rooted?
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by chiedoziepc2: 6:01am On Feb 03, 2016
falseman:
I don't see any reason why I should root this phone not like there are custom roms for it.

falseman, good question. Now it depends on individual preference. Certain apps like battery calibrator and the new simple server 4.0 (even the inbuilt file manager) requires root to perform their task.

The phone on default only installs application on phone storage and not sdcard but after rooting, you can now choose whether to install your apps on ur memory card or phone storage.

So like I said, it depends on individual want & geek level.
Hope I hv cleared d air.
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by gabylzy(m): 8:23am On Feb 03, 2016
anyone dat has d 9jerian version of d rom should pls upload it
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by chiedoziepc2: 9:16am On Feb 03, 2016
gabylzy:
anyone dat has d 9jerian version of d rom should pls upload it

I have an advice for you. If you really need the 9ja ROM, You find an existing device and back up the ROM
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by honsule(m): 9:19am On Feb 03, 2016
chiedoziepc2:

I have an advice for you. If you really need the 9ja ROM, You find an existing device and back up the ROM

heed this advice. I have a backup though
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by honsule(m): 9:22am On Feb 03, 2016
falseman:

Try Indian ROM
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by Leorichy: 3:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
It's working 100% honsule come and root your phone,lalastica front page pls!
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by gabylzy(m): 4:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
chiedoziepc2:

dats d ish man..cnt fynd anyone
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by gabylzy(m): 4:02pm On Feb 03, 2016
honsule:

heed this advice. I have a backup though

bro pls i need yur backup

how can i get it
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by honsule(m): 4:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
Leorichy:
It's working 100% honsule come and root your phone,lalastica front page pls!

My phone is already rooted. I usedTWRP to do that. Back page pls grin
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by honsule(m): 4:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
gabylzy:

bro pls i need yur backup

how can i get it

It is 3gb. I will upload it for u. And give u the link.
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by gabylzy(m): 4:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
honsule:

dude are yu for real....if yu serious mehnnn..THANKS A LOT MAN.....THANKKKSSSS
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by Leorichy: 4:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
honsule:

My phone is already rooted. I usedTWRP to do that. Back page pls grin

chai there is God oo,but thought i read your comment about finding it difficult to root!! hope you are enjoying the phone!
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by chiedoziepc2: 11:08pm On Feb 03, 2016
honsule:

What is so important in this 9ja ROM. The ROM is limited by its functions. U can't install apps to sdcard with this ROM
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by haizeek(m): 7:15am On Feb 04, 2016
chiedoziepc2:
This topic is dedicated to Rooting the Gionee M5 as many Nigerians owing the phone find it relatively hard to break & root it.

Different websites claiming to have solutions to this rooting issue & post articles that do not work for the phone. The funny part is they copy each other and don't have the actual phone.

If you have been searching for a working method to root your Gionee M5 successfully, I think this is the place you ought to be, In Nairaland.

UPDATE: With this rooting method, you can now have the option of installing applications on your memory card. (Saves phone memory from being full and sloggy). Plus other rooting benefits.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3360887_screenshot20160202224326_pngfcd9fee9805c38048915906d76ddf5eb

Let's begin

Before you can successfully root a Gionee M5, you need to have all the items listed below.

1) Unrooted Gionee M5
2) A windows PC
3) USB
4) Softwares including
a) Gionee M5 stock ROM
b) Gionee M5 TWRP recovery
c) SP flash tool
d) SuperSU
e) Root Checker

Note: I will not be posting links on Nairaland to avoid getting banned. The exact files I used to achieve my rooting, I have attached to the video description I created, currently uploaded on YouTube. Hope YouTube is allowed on Nairaland.

Now, THE PROCESS

The process is simple,
1) Download the recovery file. Use it to replace the one found in the stock ROM.
2) Using SP flash tool, upgrade your Gionee M5 with the modified ROM.
3) Install SuperSU in recovery mode ( To root phone )
4) Then check root.

I have created a 4mins video for this purpose. It explains the process, step by step, so I hope it won't be a hard nut to crack. Download links are in video description on YouTube.

Have fun watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJs6rqeCcgI

Click on YouTube link above to see software download links in YouTube video description.

nice one, bro,finally rooted mine! Now going to S91 to flex!
Your explanation was understanding and straight forward,what software do you use to make the video?
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by topzykul: 1:12pm On Feb 04, 2016
thanks guy
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by chiedoziepc2: 8:14am On Feb 08, 2016
you are welcome
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by ineriteitee: 5:28pm On Mar 12, 2016
Can someone pls help me?after flashing,when i tried install su it kept saying installation aborted...
Re: Root Your Gionee M5. 100% Working With Video Tutorial [HOT] by joe4christ(m): 7:43am On May 11, 2016
chiedoziepc2:
you are welcome

Bros Abel help me, where can I get to download the Gionee M5 drivers, is it same as WTRP app I downloaded? Co's that was what I saw when I google it.
And also, where do I download Gionee M5 stock Tom and Recovery.Img?

Pls help!

Modified:
Okay, I just found my way out of it. Thanks anyways!

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Secrets You Don't Know About MTN / BOOM � I Have Finally Increased My Phone's RAM From 3 To 6GB (screenshots) / 10 Reasons People Are Unhappy With Their Mobile Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.