Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,232 members, 7,807,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment (63892 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Poses With His Sister At His Court Hearing Today. Photos / Ondo Election: Supreme Court Stops Jegede's Appeal. / Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Gozzzy(m): 7:06am On Feb 03, 2016
Caveat Emptor.... Ikpeazu is trying, but he shouldnt work with a stolen mandate. It will be an honourable thing to step down, if he loses... and as for ngwa people, let them not stupidly do what will cause the influx of soldiers into aba o... buhari dey find any slight excuse to send soldiers into a core south east city, either Onitsha or Aba... make these ngwa people pretend as if them don learn how to use their heads.

6 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by luchee(f): 7:12am On Feb 03, 2016
#TeamOkezuoAbia

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by ruggedboy01: 7:14am On Feb 03, 2016
Okize is doing fine, but I want him out so all the money and illegal properties T.A looted will be recovered

Okize is too weak to fight that short criminal angry sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Henry22(m): 7:20am On Feb 03, 2016
ok lets go there......spreads mat

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Super1759: 7:38am On Feb 03, 2016
Gozzzy:
Caveat Emptor.... Ikpeazu is trying, but he shouldnt work with a stolen mandate. It will be an honourable thing to step down, if he loses... and as for ngwa people, let them not stupidly do what will cause the influx of soldiers into aba o... buhari dey find any slight excuse to send soldiers into a core south east city, either Onitsha or Aba... make these ngwa people pretend as if them don learn how to use their heads.
He is trying to appease people.. ta orji did same when he entered first tenure. Leave talk. Relax until he wins...and besides Okezie cannot prob TA orji that brought him to seat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by nwadiuko1(m): 7:38am On Feb 03, 2016
ruggedboy01:
Okize is doing fine, but I want him out so all the money and illegal properties T.A looted will be recovered

Okize is too weak to fight that short criminal angry sad
otti cannot probe TAO.....he laundered the money for him.....they are partners in crime

3 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by nwadiuko1(m): 7:39am On Feb 03, 2016
am here......who wan bet? ikpeazu is winningwinning
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 7:46am On Feb 03, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
The Supreme Court Don't invalidate any Election...they Support election rigging, electoral violence and Corrupt People...

Congrats To Okezie Ikpeazu...
You should know better than that; Courts determine cases based on THE EVIDENCE ADDUCED BEFORE THEM. No credible Court determines a case based on their personal knowledge of the facts of the matter. Allegations do not constitute evidence. Credible evidence has very strict Rules guiding it before any weight can be attached to it. Besides where the allegation is of rigging & malpractices which are mostly criminal in nature, the standard of proof becomes proof "beyond reasonable doubts"; I wish you knew how difficult that is to adduce but it is the same standard world wide not just in Nigeria. As an aside, it's always funny when the losing party in Nigerian elections shout rigging with a holier-than-thou attitude. Sometimes the party who lost rigged more & committed worse atrocities which may not have worked nonetheless so please give me a break; all parties rig; none are saints so no one should thumb up their nose at the Supreme Court who have been fairly consistent in their judgments. If Alex Otti wins today, I will take it in good faith and congratulate him

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by WisdomCanada(m): 7:50am On Feb 03, 2016
meezynetwork:
Ikpeazu should be left to continue his good works though I like Alex Oti but am afraid if he will meet up to expectations
gerrarahere menh, u can't speak for the million minds in our Abia state

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by asha80(m): 7:52am On Feb 03, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
The Supreme Court Don't invalidate any Election...they Support election rigging, electoral violence and Corrupt People...

go and blame jega and nass for not making card reader part of the electoral law...you are just showing unnecessary emotions because of supreme court ruling on rivers state

3 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by modik(m): 7:56am On Feb 03, 2016
Congrats to Ikpeazu in advance.

Abia must be great again.

Aba must be rebuilt and maintain its status as the heart of eastern craft center.

Space booked

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by modik(m): 8:00am On Feb 03, 2016
WisdomCanada:
gerrarahere menh, u can't speak for the million minds in our Abia state

LOL.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:21am On Feb 03, 2016
Bigchief46:

You should know better than that; Courts determine cases based on THE EVIDENCE ADDUCED BEFORE THEM. No credible Court determines a case based on their personal knowledge of the facts of the matter. Allegations do not constitute evidence. Credible evidence has very strict Rules guiding it before any weight can be attached to it. Besides where the allegation is of rigging & malpractices which are mostly criminal in nature, the standard of proof becomes proof "beyond reasonable doubts"; I wish you knew how difficult that is to adduce but it is the same standard world wide not just in Nigeria. As an aside, it's always funny when the losing party in Nigerian elections shout rigging with a holier-than-thou attitude. Sometimes the party who lost rigged more & committed worse atrocities which may not have worked nonetheless so please give me a break; all parties rig; none are saints so no one should thumb up their nose at the Supreme Court who have been fairly consistent in their judgments. If Alex Otti wins today, I will take it in good faith and congratulate him

So the Election Tribunals and Appeal Court are just there as a mere cosmetics?? Why do you think, only the Supreme Court was right?

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by WisdomCanada(m): 8:24am On Feb 03, 2016

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by galaxi(m): 8:29am On Feb 03, 2016
Lol! I think we abians now prefer Okezie due to the change he have brought to abia within this short period of time.
success10:
EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT FROM ABIA STATE...

I GAVE MY SUPPORT TO ALEX OTTI...

OMO_YORUBA_NI_MI
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by asha80(m): 8:30am On Feb 03, 2016
WisdomCanada:
I had a dream, last night, the supreme court ruled that the cancelled LGAs must remain canceled, and Otti won, and Ikpeazu refused to vacate seat, the seat was like a very fine car where Ikpeazu was sitting, and some other people inside the car like Abaribe or Eziuche Ubani pleaded him to vacate, that the law must stand, Otti never knew they had something bad in mind, when Otti entered the Car(Government house) his supporters filled the car to congratulate him, Ngwa men and women mobbed the car, Otti was without securities, so the forced the car door open and shot him, the driver and some of his supporters in the car rushed him to a very far hospital that night, the Ngwa clan was happy they have killed Otti, but when Otti was rushed to the hospital, he has already swollen, it was a very local hospital, then the doctor attended to him immediately and he survived.

Moral of this dream(Not interpretation), our Ngwa brothers and PDP supporters in our Abia state shouldn't take their grievances to a severe level if their brother happens to lose at the supreme court, let them remember that their brother is sitting on a stolen mandate.

I had a dream after INEC declared Ikpeazu winner of the last April pools. A chief Judge was driving Otti and Ikpeazu in a car, Ikpeazu sitting in front and Otti at the back, they drove to a destination where the chief Judge ordered Ikpeazu to go over to the back seat while the person entitled to sit at the front (Alex Otti) takes his rightful position. The dream didn't come through at the tribunal but at the appeal court.
enyi stop creating unnecessary tensions with all these tale by moonlight

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by WisdomCanada(m): 8:37am On Feb 03, 2016
asha80:
enyi stop creating unnecessary tensions with all these tale by moonlight
nwanne no be tension matter.oo, come back and quote me later when it happens, tho I'm not praying for violence
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by success10(m): 8:37am On Feb 03, 2016
Kelechi2020:

please don't derail this thread.... pls...... why omo Yoruba??

#saynototribaldivisions
PLS CHECK MY POST AGAIN...

NOT DIRECTED TO TRIBAL DIVISIONS...

IT SIMPLY MEANS: OTHER TRIBAL IS FOLLOWING UP THE CASE....

FYI, I SERVED IN ABIA STATE, ISIALA NGWA SOUTH, OMOBA AND FORTUNATELY I WAS MOBILIZED TO BE PRESIDING OFFICER IN ONE IF THE VILLAGES IN THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT.....

ALEX OTTI, ABIANS KNOW.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 8:49am On Feb 03, 2016
This thread is now LIVE. Below are pictures of a packed Supreme Court right now. Akwa Ibom State Governorship Hearing & possible judgment is also for today so I will amend the title/heading of this thread to reflect that. NAIRALANDERS WILL NOW GET TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by reflx(m): 8:50am On Feb 03, 2016
Leggo!!!
Baba God ooo bless me till i shout Otti oooo!!!
It is well with Abia state!
grin grin grin
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Glocbdm: 8:54am On Feb 03, 2016
The court relies heavily on evidence. Despite all the noise Otti is making that the elections in those 3 lgs were rigged, he could not present any tangible evidence at the tribunal to prove his claim. The appeal court gave him that judgement on Dec 31st to make him feel happy for some days. Okezie defeated him at the polls. Okezie came to revive Aba which Orji Uzor Kalu & T.A. wt the collaboration of Otti, destroyed. Okezie shall win in the supreme court.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by modath(f): 8:54am On Feb 03, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

So the Election Tribunals and Appeal Court are just there as a mere cosmetics?? Why do you think, only the Supreme Court was right?

Miss Ngene, the eyes saw & the ears heard about Rivers' blood letting & brigandage but sadly SCR that the case was built on has not been given its rightful place in the electoral laws..... Law isn't common sense..

Baring a miracle, Ikpeazu won't lose to Otti today.

Hopefully, people who rejoiced with Wike will have the heart to bear this impeding judgement as well..

Howdy? smiley
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by DullardBuhari(m): 8:59am On Feb 03, 2016
Bigchief46 am Waiting for updates ... Abi u dae joke
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by KnowAll(m): 9:02am On Feb 03, 2016
Supreme Court seems to be very conservative in nature. They support the status quo except if you have a prima-facia case(clear case). Quote me Ikpeazu being the status quo would carry the day.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by WisdomCanada(m): 9:03am On Feb 03, 2016
Glocbdm:
The court relies heavily on evidence. Despite all the noise Otti is making that the elections in those 3 lgs were rigged, he could not present any tangible evidence at the tribunal to prove his claim. The appeal court gave him that judgement on Dec 31st to make him feel happy for some days. Okezie defeated him at the polls. Okezie came to revive Aba which Orji Uzor Kalu & T.A. wt the collaboration of Otti, destroyed. Okezie shall win in the supreme court.
ure such an agent of darkness for saying that Okezie defeated otti at the pools

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Lordave: 9:06am On Feb 03, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Cry cry mama cheesy cheesy

No go breastfeed your children who are supposed to be crying, dey here dey cry your hearts out on top Supreme Court matter.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Lordave: 9:08am On Feb 03, 2016
Whether rigged or not, Ikpeazu will continue being the governor of Abia state.

Only Fools think good governance is a party thing and not personality.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 9:18am On Feb 03, 2016
SC now

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by GodpunishBuhari: 9:20am On Feb 03, 2016
Bigchief46:
Good morning Nairalanders. It's 1.34am and I have just rounded up activities relating to preparations for today's legal tussle at the Supreme Court in respect of the Abia State Governorship Appeal filed at the Supreme Court by Okezie Victor Ikpeazu (Ph.D) against Mr. Alex Otti in Appeal No. SC/18/2016. I am going to sleep now but should be up around 7am and in the premises of the Supreme Court by 8am. I shall be bringing you a minute by minute, blow-by-blow detailed account of proceedings. Nairalanders will have a front row seat as the legal battle unfolds. Here we go................... wink smiley cheesy >: grin

Ok na. I hope OVI wins
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 9:21am On Feb 03, 2016
SC now 2

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 9:21am On Feb 03, 2016
SC now 3

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by nonstan(m): 9:22am On Feb 03, 2016
Alex Otto all d way..lalacsticlala oya do d needfull

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Oyingbo Market Traders Protest Against Folashade Tinubu (Photos) / Buhari: The Lockdown Will Last As Long As Our Advisers Say / Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.