Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Help Pls! My Golf 4 Is Not Starting - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Pls! My Golf 4 Is Not Starting (1197 Views)

BMW 766i Valkyrie 4×4 Is The Most Monstrous BMW You've Ever Seen (photos) / Nissan Primera P11-144 Not Starting / Need To Rebuild My Golf 4 To New Car( Auto). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Pls! My Golf 4 Is Not Starting by Damolux01(m): 6:53am On Feb 03, 2016
Good Morning all! Only the ignition works but it doesn't start for proper warming not to talk of driving, the mechanics have checked the turtle and the kick was just repaired, called my rewire to checked fuel pump also, which pumps out fine, it's a manual drive and have been using it for 4 years now. What could be the cause pls? treat as urgent. Thanks!
Re: Help Pls! My Golf 4 Is Not Starting by muheewa(m): 6:58am On Feb 03, 2016
Caprator or Injector................If its Caprator, Try to Change it,or Service it.
Re: Help Pls! My Golf 4 Is Not Starting by mayor2013: 6:59am On Feb 03, 2016
Damolux01:
Good Morning all! Only the ignition works but it doesn't start for proper warming not to talk of driving, the mechanics have checked the turtle and the kick was just repaired, called my rewire to checked fuel pump also, which pumps out fine, it's a manual drive and have been using it for 4 years now. What could be the cause pls? treat as urgent. Thanks!

Check for presence of spark, fuel injection and compression/air if one is missing your car would never start. Asides that run a comprehensive scan .what year model is your VW?
Re: Help Pls! My Golf 4 Is Not Starting by Damolux01(m): 11:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
mayor2013:

Check for presence of spark, fuel injection and compression/air if one is missing your car would never start. Asides that run a comprehensive scan .what year model is your VW?
1999 sir, the rewire said it probably from the key, that it's been encoded or so.
Re: Help Pls! My Golf 4 Is Not Starting by mayor2013: 11:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
Damolux01:
1999 sir, the rewire said it probably from the key, that it's been encoded or so.

Guess work, how did he arrive @ that conclusion
Re: Help Pls! My Golf 4 Is Not Starting by Damolux01(m): 11:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
mayor2013:

Guess work, how did he arrive @ that conclusion
u knw these local peeps now. I'm in a remote area, would have love to run a scan on it.
Re: Help Pls! My Golf 4 Is Not Starting by mayor2013: 12:09am On Feb 04, 2016
Damolux01:
u knw these local peeps now. I'm in a remote area, would have love to run a scan on it.

Check the security light if it blinks while the doors are closed and check if it goes off while you put the key in your ignition. If any of the aforementioned doesn't prevail then there is a problem with the security system
Re: Help Pls! My Golf 4 Is Not Starting by Damolux01(m): 9:23am On Feb 04, 2016
mayor2013:

Check the security light if it blinks while the doors are closed and check if it goes off while you put the key in your ignition. If any of the aforementioned doesn't prevail then there is a problem with the security system
which is the security light pls, don't knw where that is.
Re: Help Pls! My Golf 4 Is Not Starting by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 04, 2016
muheewa:
Caprator or Injector................If its Caprator, Try to Change it,or Service it.

A carburettor on a VW Golf IV engine?

They are all fuel injected.

Damo, you're not giving enough detail.

Engine size and model year? How does the engine sound when you try starting it? Does the engine turn over, or is it silent / just clicking?

(1) (Reply)

How To Remove A Dent In Car With A Hair Dryer (Photos) / This Vehicle Was Manufactured In Ekiti / SPECIAL SALE On Shock Absorbers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.