Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,483 members, 7,808,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates (61287 Views)

Ondo Election: Supreme Court Stops Jegede's Appeal. / APC Asks Buhari To Probe Supreme Court Judgment On Akwa Ibom Election / Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Opinedecandid(m): 9:02am On Feb 03, 2016
The Supreme Court is set, but the session is actually yet to commence for the adoption of briefs and possibly, ruling in the appeals brought before it by the APC Candidates of Abia and Akwa Ibom State.

Updates promised.

NOTE BENE:

THE CHIEF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA , HIMSELF IS THE ONE PRESIDING OVER THIS MATTER WITH OTHER SIX OF HIS COLLEAGUES!

# Court has been in session before 11 am.

# Councils to Gov. UGE/PDP, INEC and UOU all in attendance.

# All councils have made their presentation of briefs.

#Council to PDP/UGE has however dropped one of their arguments which is based on the locus standi of the Court.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by haffaze777(m): 9:18am On Feb 03, 2016
Akwa Ibom people I wish you well

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by SurefireAsoOke: 9:27am On Feb 03, 2016
Following.................
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by chriskosherbal(m): 9:32am On Feb 03, 2016
Let's see how far it goes
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Opinedecandid(m): 9:41am On Feb 03, 2016
Demmocrats:
Give God what belongs to God and give Caesar what belong to Caesar.

Abia State and Akwa Ibom belongs to PDP while Lagos and Edo belongs to APC

When will this people Start to understand that you can bend the will of the people.

Tell them if they will know this oh.

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by correctyourself(m): 9:42am On Feb 03, 2016
I trust Supreme Court , that is where you see men/women who are bold enough to say the truth because they fear no intimidation, and I know they will correct the misinterpretation of the lower courts.

I said it and it has happened.

6 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by ojoyentalk: 9:45am On Feb 03, 2016
We need result that will bring peace to our people

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by thomasthomas: 9:54am On Feb 03, 2016
Udom is going home today! He didn't even move into the Hiltop Mansion because of a day like this. cheesy cheesy

Welcome onboard Umana... grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by OVI75(m): 9:54am On Feb 03, 2016
Jihadist party trying to force demselves on a zionsit party/state.it won't work.
Nly fear is that the decisions are likely taken by a majority of Jihadist Judges.
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by OFFICIAL336: 9:55am On Feb 03, 2016
No shaking, let's go there. #TeamPDP

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by SamJed(m): 9:57am On Feb 03, 2016
Waiting..
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by thomasthomas: 10:04am On Feb 03, 2016
Wailing wailers will wail again today! grin grin grin grin

Grab your handkerchiefs wailers, you'll need it soon! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by drss(m): 10:07am On Feb 03, 2016
d temporary party APC should forget about akwa ibom. south east n south south is PDP's property.

8 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by neolboy(m): 10:12am On Feb 03, 2016
I pray Udom wins

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:14am On Feb 03, 2016
Udom we know, Udom we love, Udom we voted Up udom in advance. God bless Akwaibom my homeland. Akwaibom ayaya

18 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 03, 2016
Abia is apga and not pdp and moreover we voted APGA and not pdp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Opinedecandid(m): 11:26am On Feb 03, 2016

# Councils to Gov. UGE, INEC and UOU all in attendance.

#Council to PDP/UGE has however dropped one of their arguments which is based on the locus standi of the Court.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Opinedecandid(m): 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
Council to the Defendant ( APC and UOU) maintains that the Appeal Court ruling is not just based on Card Reader, but on the entire conduct of the election: Accreditation, Voting, Collation, filling of result sheets, etc which has all been flawed. And that again, it was the only election where two former govs, a minister, etc were denied the right to vote.

However, Council to PDP/ Gov. Udom Emmanuel had argued that the preponderance of evidence did not warrant the election cancellation by the Appeal Court.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Opinedecandid(m): 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2016
LIVE, SUPREME COURT, 12.05pm
Counsel to both PDP and APC have adopted their briefs in the first three appeals.
Lawyers add their oral arguments. DD DODO SAN contending that APC witnesses were accorded supernatural powers by the court of Appeal. Urges the court to throw out the decision of the lower court. He said the CA erred in relying on the testimonies of few partisan witnesses to cancel elections in the whole state.
Olanipekan SAN says his evidences support that there was no election in Akwa Ibom state. Tiny jabs here and there. The CJN urges counsel to be brief.
Four more appeals to go!

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
following
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by ladyF(f): 12:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
Interesting....lawyers are the bestest. Be a lawyer today grin

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by LessNoise: 12:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
After wike won here I will not be shocked at any rulings given here......mscheeeew
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by anytexy: 12:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hundred times PDP will win. They should save cost and life also by upholding... my thought anyways.
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by maximas(m): 12:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
The will of God will be done PDP all the way.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by rottennaija(m): 12:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
Oya! Yak mbre atongo!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by yaki84: 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
thomasthomas:
Wailing wailers will wail again today! grin grin grin grin

Grab your handkerchiefs wailers, you'll need it soon! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

today lying liars will turn crying cryers n lamenting lamentators!
udom IS RIGHT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by tempest01(m): 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
LessNoise:
After wike won here I will not be shocked at any rulings given here......mscheeeew

What were you expecting before? Be content with APC in your state

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by truthspeaks: 12:16pm On Feb 03, 2016
Nice update. N it's 'counsel' nt council
Opinedecandid:
The Supreme Court is set, but the session is actually yet to commence for the adoption of briefs and possibly, ruling in the appeals brought before it by the APC Candidates of Abia and Akwa Ibom State.

Updates promised.

NOTE BENE:

THE CHIEF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA , HIMSELF IS THE ONE PRESIDING OVER THIS MATTER WITH OTHER SIX OF HIS COLLEAGUES!

# Councils to Gov. UGE/PDP, INEC and UOU all in attendance.

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by BizBayo: 12:16pm On Feb 03, 2016
justice is all we want

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Wears Jewish Prayer Sash For His Trial At Abuja Court. Photos / Yul Edochie Visits Folashade, Tinubu's Daughter / Emmanuel: My Mum Told Me Sanwo-Olu Is My Father, Says 27-year-old Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.