Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates (61286 Views)

Ondo Election: Supreme Court Stops Jegede's Appeal. / APC Asks Buhari To Probe Supreme Court Judgment On Akwa Ibom Election / Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Koolking(m): 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
Demmocrats:
Give God what belongs to God and give Caesar what belong to Caesar.

Abia State and Akwa Ibom belongs to PDP while Lagos and Edo belongs to APC

When will this people Start to understand that you can bend the will of the people.

You are right, Abia & Akwa Ibom belong to PDP, Lagos and Edo belong to APC. But these States belong to the People. People's mandate will always prevail not parties. Not matter how manipulative the parties are.
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by mildflame: 3:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
Royruky:

I will come back to this your comment after your famous Sahara Reporter confirms the story

Typical OGOGORO talk, just like the way their HOPELESS OGOGORO JONATHAN ruled this country with dem say, dem say people n MESSED up the entire country.
I de wait 4ur confirmation

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by drss(m): 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
ebubemicky:
correct your self no area is owned by anyone, we are own this country don't let PDP or APC decisive you we all own this dman country
but lagos belong to APC bah is dat why oba of lagos threaten igbos with dead for voting PDP
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Forwetinnah: 3:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
Where the updates?? OP dey snore nii?? undecided
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Opinedecandid(m): 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
Before the Court went on recess and commenced Abia State Case:

#AkwaIbomSupreme: Chief Wole Olanipekun AGAIN

And states as follows (2nd Batch):

Olanipekun, SAN says the case of Akwa Ibom is different from the other cases on the use of Card Reader.
----
Olanipekun says that PW49 (forensic analyst) spoke to the Voters Register polling unit by polling unit and analysed them
-------
Olanipekun, SAN says the Petitioners appealed against the rejection of the evidence of the forensic analysts.
--------
Court ask Olanipekun if Voters Register was tendered for all the 2982 polling units in Akwa Ibom. He answers YES
---------
Chief Olanipekun says a total of 345 Exhibits were tendered and that Card Reader was only one of them
---------
Chief Wole Olanipekun says that even the Respondents pleaded that Card Readers were used and that they cannot deny it now
-------
LIVE, SUPREME COURT:

Are you waiting for the ruling on the matter that has sent several people into compulsory fasting, well the judges have reserved ruling till later in the day.
So those fasting should not break their fast yet, while those in APC are advised to have their regular meals as they may end up losing appetites after the eventual ruling in the evening.

For me, as the court pleases my lord.

Meanwhile, the PDP lawyers are pressing forward their case. “The petitioner alleged that no accreditation took place in the Akwa Ibom governorship elections, but the judgement of the appeal court had it that there was over voting.
It is illogical that over voting could be realise in an election where there was disenfranchisement.

They also alleged that there was no voting, yet they tendered ballot papers as exhibits.

Form EC8A(result sheets) used throughout the state was tendered by the petitioner yet he said there was no collation of results.

No explanation was given for this contradiction. That “No voting” was used by the tribunal to nullify elections in 18 local governments while the appeal court ruled that there was over voting and nullified the elections in the entire state, relying on the information gathered through the card reader.

The so called security reports alleging pockets of violence, were dumped at the tribunal and the makers of the exhibits were never invited to be cross examined in line with the Evidence Act.
They didn’t call witnesses polling unit by polling unit.

My lord from whichever way you look at it, they have failed and we urge their lordships to allow them to fail.”
- PDP counsel arguing for the Peoples Democratic Party at the supreme court.

“The card reader is a computer and pw48 tendered it as exhibit 317 yet he was not the maker and could not explain it’s workability. The attitude of the court is clear on this, that once the maker of a document is kept away from cross examination on his document, such a document should be kept away as it lacks value.

The court of Appeal refered to 448,307 As The Number Of Accredited Voters and used that to declare that there was over voting. It Did Not Refer In Its Judgement Were It Got That Figure. No one knows the source. It was the evidence of a pw49. The tribunal had rejected the evidence OF Pw49 and all the evidences tendered by him.while the evidences of pw 50, 51 and 52 (Umana’s witnesses)were rejected by the tribunal. The court of appeal overlooked the decision of the lower court. PW 49 did not prove that 448,307 represented the total number of accredited voters in the state. The court of appeal did a grave injustice to us by using a simple fraction of the total number of voters to nullify the result in the state. My lord please correct this injustice and uphold the result as announced by INEC”

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by mazzi: 3:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
Opinedecandid:
Before the Court went on recess and commenced Abia State Case:

#AkwaIbomSupreme: Chief Wole Olanipekun AGAIN

And states as follows (2nd Batch):

Olanipekun, SAN says the case of Akwa Ibom is different from the other cases on the use of Card Reader.
----
Olanipekun says that PW49 (forensic analyst) spoke to the Voters Register polling unit by polling unit and analysed them
-------
Olanipekun, SAN says the Petitioners appealed against the rejection of the evidence of the forensic analysts.
--------
Court ask Olanipekun if Voters Register was tendered for all the 2982 polling units in Akwa Ibom. He answers YES
---------
Chief Olanipekun says a total of 345 Exhibits were tendered and that Card Reader was only one of them
---------
Chief Wole Olanipekun says that even the Respondents pleaded that Card Readers were used and that they cannot deny it now
-------
with this post above,APC should forget Akwaibom

6 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Opinedecandid(m): 3:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
Aitee1:

Ujai iden! ajaka ida...you did not reply my last mail. smiley

Iyo, ujai mkpo. Mma uboro.

Ndiohonke sikinam kidi.

Let me do u another mail.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by hopilo: 4:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
God bless the Just Judges of the Supreme court.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by thomasthomas: 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
nigerianvenom:

Let me quote u this failed journalist for a reminder by 4pm.
U think supporting a fellow thi.ef like u will resurrect ur dead career
Still waiting! I hope you have your glass of wine, because I want us to toast to Umana's victory... grin grin grin

Very soon, you'll convert to Umana's camp.

Keep calm! wink

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by makapella(m): 4:36pm On Feb 03, 2016
Mme Dakkanda....PDP.....uyeng isong
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by thomasthomas: 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
Wizprodigy:

Keep calm UDOM gat this.
I dey laugh you... grin grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Wizprodigy: 4:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
thomasthomas:
I dey laugh you... grin grin
Good thing you are laffing, atleast it will help reduce your B.P when it happens.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by thomasthomas: 4:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
Wizprodigy:

Good thing you are laffing, atleast it will help reduce your B.P when it happens.
grin grin grin grin you need to join me to celebrate...
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Wizprodigy: 5:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
thomasthomas:
grin grin grin grin you need to join me to celebrate...
celebrate wat?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by thomasthomas: 5:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
Wizprodigy:

celebrate wat?
Umana's victory now... Who else is there to celebrate?

Anyway choose whether to celebrate or to cry. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Opinedecandid(m): 5:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
BREAKING:

Ruling for both Appeals: Akwa Ibom and Abia slated for 5:30 pm.
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by inaiduna(m): 5:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
[b][/b]
Demmocrats:
Give God what belongs to God and give Caesar what belong to Caesar.

Abia State and Akwa Ibom belongs to PDP while Lagos and Edo belongs to APC

When will this people Start to understand that you can bend the will of the people.
In your wildest imagination and dreaming while awake, Edo does not and cannot be APC! The last presidential/senatorial elections should tell you that! Infact APC is gone in Edo state!

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Edohobong: 5:16pm On Feb 03, 2016
congrats Udom and PDP... u heard it first from here pals

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by nigerianvenom(m): 5:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
It is illogical that over voting could be realise in an election where there was disenfranchisement.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by wiseone28: 5:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
cheesy waiting with my Hennessey to pop
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Kjking(m): 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
Edohobong:
congrats Udom and PDP... u heard it first from here pals
bros seriously who won??
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by santinoj(m): 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kjking:
bros seriously who won??

They are yet to announce judgement!!! Anytime soon!!!
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by hopilo: 5:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
Congratulations to all well meaning Akwa Ibomites on this landmark victory. Udom continue to industralized the state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by drss(m): 5:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
BrainnewsNg:

I see
dats d truth.
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Kjking(m): 5:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
santinoj:

They are yet to announce judgement!!! Anytime soon!!!
hmmmm pls can you update me on the final verdict
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by santinoj(m): 5:50pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kjking:
hmmmm pls can you update me on the final verdict

Ok.
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by cybercheatex(m): 5:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
Apc!!! Winners?
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by nellybenn: 5:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
cybercheatex:
Apc!!! Winners?
please be serious at least for now
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by pendusky(m): 5:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
FINAL VERDICT ABOUT TO COMMENCE
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by Opinedecandid(m): 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
Supreme Court resumes from break.

Hears the remaining issues of Abia State.
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by qtx(m): 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
pendusky:
FINAL VERDICT ABOUT TO COMMENCE
pls let it come
Re: Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates by edivianang(m): 6:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
We are waiting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Wears Jewish Prayer Sash For His Trial At Abuja Court. Photos / Yul Edochie Visits Folashade, Tinubu's Daughter / Kawu: "We Brought In Fulani From Mali But After Election They Refused To Go Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.