Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:00 PM

Crazy Stuff From The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crazy Stuff From The Bible (8847 Views)

Poll: What do you understand after reading the Chrsitian Bible?

True words from God: 53% (26 votes)
Twisted written: 2% (1 vote)
Causing Confussion: 4% (2 votes)
Pure Fairy tale!: 8% (4 votes)
written like the Litterature: 4% (2 votes)
Bible is manmaid!: 6% (3 votes)
Words of God,Words of men: 14% (7 votes)
Full of Contradictions & lies!: 6% (3 votes)
Fake!: 2% (1 vote)
i hate christians!!!!!!!!!!!!: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? / Decoding The Visions In The Book Of Daniel (Islam in the Bible) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:09pm On Jul 01, 2009
"For I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger forever." (Jeremiah 3:12)
"Ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn forever." (Jeremiah 17:4)

"If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid." (John 5:31)
"Jesus answered: Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid." (John 8:14)

"And Jesus coming, spoke to them, saying: All power is given to me in heaven and in earth." (Matthew 28:18)
"the whole world is under control of the evil one." (1 John 5:19)

And Jesus said, "For judgement I am come into this world." (John 9:39)
"I came not to judge the world" (John 12:47)

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)
"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 6:1)

"Jacob said, 'I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.'" (Genesis 32:30)
"No man hath seen God at any time." (John 1:18)

We should fear God (Matthew 10:28)
We should love God (Matthew 22:37)
There is no fear in love (1 John 4:18)

The Arguments from Confusion and Biblical Defects

Foolery

"But anyone who says 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell." (Jesus) Mat 5:22

"You fools!" (Jesus) Luke 11:40
"You blind fools!" (Jesus) Mat 23:17
"How foolish you are" (Jesus) Luke 24:25

"But God said to him, 'You fool!' " (Jesus) Luke 12:20

"You foolish Galatians!" (St. Paul) Galatians 3:1
"You foolish man" James 2:20

(Also - Psalms 14:1 and again at 53:1 - you have to think me a fool because I have said in my heart that there is no God  - oops, both of us in hell now!)

Feedback: This "foolery" section has been criticised and is discussed further here.

Jesus teaches us how to turn the cheek and forgive those who trespass against us,

"Whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father." [Matt. x, 33.]

"Whosoever shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness." [Mark iii, 29.]

"Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee ,  tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as a heathen man and a publican." [Matt. xviii, 15-17.]

Rejoicing

"Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles,  If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink,  He who rejoices at calamity shall not go unpunished." [Prov. 24:17; 25:21; 17:5]
"The Lord will rejoice over you to destroy you" [Deut. 28:63]
"The righteous will rejoice when he sees the vengeance, he will bathe his feet in the blood of the wicked" [Ps. 58:10]

Mercy

"Blessed are the merciful" [Matthew 5:7]
"Leave alive nothing that breathes. Show them no mercy." [Deut. 7:2]
"The Lord hardened their hearts,  that they might receive no mercy." [Joshua 11:20]
"I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them. A curse on him who is lax in doing the Lord's work! A curse on him who keeps his sword from bloodshed." [Jer. 13:14; 48:10]

Love?

"I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children." (Leviticus 26:22)

"Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourself every girl who has never slept with a man." (Numbers 31:17-18)

"The Lord commands: ",  slay old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women" (Ezechial 9:4-6)

"When the Lord delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the males ,  As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves." (Deuteronomy 20:13-14)

"You will eat the fruit of the womb, the flesh of the sons and daughters the Lord your God has given you." (Deuteronomy 28:53)

"The Lord said to Joshua [, ] 'you are to hamstring their horses.' " (Exceedingly cruel.) (Joshua 11:6)

",  Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabesh-gilead with the edge of the sword and; also the women and little ones,  every male and every woman that has lain with a male you shall utterly destroy." (Judges 21:10-12)

"This is what the Lord says: Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass ,  And Saul ,  utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword." (1 Samuel 15:3,7-cool

"The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their women with child ripped open." (Hosea 13:16)

"A curse on him who is lax in doing the LORD's work!
A curse on him who keeps his sword from bloodshed!" (Jeremiah 48:10)

Is this really the "word of God" or the cruel thoughts of Bronze age warriors?
Did you know this was in the bible? If not then are you shocked? If you did know it was there then is Christianity really about a healthy loving relationship or is it a case of the Stockholm syndrome?

Is God A Criminal?

The bible god admits he performs evil acts. (As if the above was not proof enough!)

A Christian wrote: "God did not create evil. Evil is simply the state where God is not present."

If "God did not create evil" then what of the following?

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Exodus 32:14
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Joshua 23:15
Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the LORD your God promised you; so shall the LORD bring upon you all evil things.

Judges 9:23
Then God sent an evil spirit

1 Samuel 16:14
But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

2 Samuel 12:11
Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house

1 Kings 9:9
, therefore hath the LORD brought upon them all this evil.

1 Kings 14:10
Therefore, behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Jeroboam

2 Kings 6:33 , Behold, this evil is of the LORD;

2 Kings 21:12 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Behold, I am bringing such evil upon Jerusalem and Judah, that whosoever heareth of it, both his ears shall tingle.

2 Kings 22:16 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place

2 Chronicles 34:24 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof,

Nehemiah 13:18 Did not your fathers thus, and did not our God bring all this evil upon us, and upon this city?

Jeremiah 4:6 Set up the standard toward Zion: retire, stay not: for I will bring evil from the north, and a great destruction.

Jeremiah 6:19 Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people

Jeremiah 11:11 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon them

Jeremiah 25:29 For, lo, I begin to bring evil

Jeremiah 35:17 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring upon Judah and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem all the evil that I have pronounced against them:

Jeremiah 44:2 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Ye have seen all the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, and upon all the cities of Judah

Jeremiah 45:5 , behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the LORD:

Jeremiah 49:37 , I will bring evil upon them, even my fierce anger, saith the LORD; and I will send the sword after them, till I have consumed them:

Micah 1:12 ,  evil came down from the LORD

Micah 2:3 Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, against this family do I devise an evil
"It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being." - Dan Barker, Losing Faith in Faith
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by JJYOU: 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

"For I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger forever." (Jeremiah 3:12)
"Ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn forever." (Jeremiah 17:4)

"If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid." (John 5:31)
"Jesus answered: Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid." (John 8:14)

"And Jesus coming, spoke to them, saying: All power is given to me in heaven and in earth." (Matthew 28:18)
"the whole world is under control of the evil one." (1 John 5:19)

And Jesus said, "For judgement I am come into this world." (John 9:39)
"I came not to judge the world" (John 12:47)

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)
"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 6:1)

"Jacob said, 'I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.'" (Genesis 32:30)
"No man hath seen God at any time." (John 1:18)

We should fear God (Matthew 10:28)
We should love God (Matthew 22:37)
There is no fear in love (1 John 4:18)

The Arguments from Confusion and Biblical Defects

Foolery

"But anyone who says 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell." (Jesus) Mat 5:22

"You fools!" (Jesus) Luke 11:40
"You blind fools!" (Jesus) Mat 23:17
"How foolish you are" (Jesus) Luke 24:25

"But God said to him, 'You fool!' " (Jesus) Luke 12:20

"You foolish Galatians!" (St. Paul) Galatians 3:1
"You foolish man" James 2:20

(Also - Psalms 14:1 and again at 53:1 - you have to think me a fool because I have said in my heart that there is no God - oops, both of us in hell now!)

Feedback: This "foolery" section has been criticised and is discussed further here.

Jesus teaches us how to turn the cheek and forgive those who trespass against us,

"Whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father." [Matt. x, 33.]

"Whosoever shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness." [Mark iii, 29.]

"Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee , tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as a heathen man and a publican." [Matt. xviii, 15-17.]

Rejoicing

"Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles, If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink, He who rejoices at calamity shall not go unpunished." [Prov. 24:17; 25:21; 17:5]
"The Lord will rejoice over you to destroy you" [Deut. 28:63]
"The righteous will rejoice when he sees the vengeance, he will bathe his feet in the blood of the wicked" [Ps. 58:10]

Mercy

"Blessed are the merciful" [Matthew 5:7]
"Leave alive nothing that breathes. Show them no mercy." [Deut. 7:2]
"The Lord hardened their hearts, that they might receive no mercy." [Joshua 11:20]
"I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the Lord: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them. A curse on him who is lax in doing the Lord's work! A curse on him who keeps his sword from bloodshed." [Jer. 13:14; 48:10]

Love?

"I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children." (Leviticus 26:22)

"Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourself every girl who has never slept with a man." (Numbers 31:17-18)

"The Lord commands: ", slay old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women" (Ezechial 9:4-6)

"When the Lord delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the males , As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves." (Deuteronomy 20:13-14)

"You will eat the fruit of the womb, the flesh of the sons and daughters the Lord your God has given you." (Deuteronomy 28:53)

"The Lord said to Joshua [, ] 'you are to hamstring their horses.' " (Exceedingly cruel.) (Joshua 11:6)

", Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabesh-gilead with the edge of the sword and; also the women and little ones, every male and every woman that has lain with a male you shall utterly destroy." (Judges 21:10-12)

"This is what the Lord says: Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass , And Saul , utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword." (1 Samuel 15:3,7-cool

"The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their women with child ripped open." (Hosea 13:16)

"A curse on him who is lax in doing the LORD's work!
A curse on him who keeps his sword from bloodshed!" (Jeremiah 48:10)

Is this really the "word of God" or the cruel thoughts of Bronze age warriors?
Did you know this was in the bible? If not then are you shocked? If you did know it was there then is Christianity really about a healthy loving relationship or is it a case of the Stockholm syndrome?

Is God A Criminal?

The bible god admits he performs evil acts. (As if the above was not proof enough!)

A Christian wrote: "God did not create evil. Evil is simply the state where God is not present."

If "God did not create evil" then what of the following?

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Exodus 32:14
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Joshua 23:15
Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the LORD your God promised you; so shall the LORD bring upon you all evil things.

Judges 9:23
Then God sent an evil spirit

1 Samuel 16:14
But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

2 Samuel 12:11
Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house

1 Kings 9:9
, therefore hath the LORD brought upon them all this evil.

1 Kings 14:10
Therefore, behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Jeroboam

2 Kings 6:33 , Behold, this evil is of the LORD;

2 Kings 21:12 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Behold, I am bringing such evil upon Jerusalem and Judah, that whosoever heareth of it, both his ears shall tingle.

2 Kings 22:16 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place

2 Chronicles 34:24 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof,

Nehemiah 13:18 Did not your fathers thus, and did not our God bring all this evil upon us, and upon this city?

Jeremiah 4:6 Set up the standard toward Zion: retire, stay not: for I will bring evil from the north, and a great destruction.

Jeremiah 6:19 Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people

Jeremiah 11:11 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon them

Jeremiah 25:29 For, lo, I begin to bring evil

Jeremiah 35:17 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring upon Judah and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem all the evil that I have pronounced against them:

Jeremiah 44:2 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Ye have seen all the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, and upon all the cities of Judah

Jeremiah 45:5 , behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the LORD:

Jeremiah 49:37 , I will bring evil upon them, even my fierce anger, saith the LORD; and I will send the sword after them, till I have consumed them:

Micah 1:12 , evil came down from the LORD

Micah 2:3 Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, against this family do I devise an evil
"It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being." - Dan Barker, Losing Faith in Faith

did u say your mum was a baptist preacher?
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Tudor6(f): 3:27pm On Jul 01, 2009
What does baptist have to do with it, don't you all use the same lying bible?
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Abuzola(m): 12:26am On Jul 02, 2009
I just can't imagine this. And they claim is a holy book ? Shame on the cross worshippers
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by ayusman16(m): 6:13pm On Jul 02, 2009
Atleast it is better than being a terrorist (Muslim)!
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by toneyb: 6:27pm On Jul 02, 2009
Abuzola:

I just can't imagine this. And they claim is a holy book ? Shame on the cross worshippers

Shame also on the moon worshippers.
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by JJYOU: 6:35pm On Jul 02, 2009
Abuzola:

abysola have u asked peace to be on your mustapha today? or he is busy looking for more virgins in his hell? i dont know why u fall for these things knowing what await u.
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Abuzola(m): 11:12pm On Jul 02, 2009
Shame on you all, don't tell me u did not see the lies and contradiction in start of thread and just jump to my post. Chei
truth is bitter o
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:08pm On Jul 03, 2009
Why jumping the truth and trying to cover up with so called lies,seeing with your two clear nicked eyes whats going on with christianity,how the Bible is bringing a great confussion in this world and you are here trying to skip matured and brilliant top secrets of justification away,because you lready know how the truth is bitter.,all my threads have great effect to work in your life if only you accept the words of Knowledge.,im not forcing you,but a word is enough for the wise.

Crazy stuffs from the bible have been hiden to you since all these many years and now you are opportuned to know why dont you think twice??.  .  .these are words and speeches from this same christian bible,i didn't. . ., i didn't wrote it.
absolutely speaking these are remarkable proves without no dopt for you to be fully convince how Christianity is not Straight forward,but only a twisted Religion-with the help of a book"Bible"_that was written by men,organised to gain their destination intelligently.
  i will not force you to accept my words on post but all i need you is to investigate and search more from your own deepset knowledge about christianity.

Have a nice day***
embarassed
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Abuzola(m): 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2009
Smile. You shouldn't be surprise dude, some of them are as greedy as to say 'no is not in the bible'. What a pity.
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2009
[size=13pt]Abuzola dear i wonder what all these christians are thinking,Yes;Shame on them all which refuse to accept the truth.,imagine trying to jump on fast brains here on discussion but thats absolute impossible.
   dude we really have to do something to save these lost souls roaming around the bush without a specific destination,though they have been tricked and brain washed since all these many years by some so_Called church crooks! .

[/size]
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Abuzola(m): 6:29pm On Jul 03, 2009
Yeah bro, and thats what am doing on their section trying to let them know the truth, but you know shaitan is not asleep he will try as much as possible to keep company so that he doesn't dwell in hell alone
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2009
[size=13pt]wink  grin We better do something for their own benefits dude,Yeah***I wonder what they're up to,.lol @ Shaitan is not asleep he will try as much as possible to keep company so that he doesn't dwell in hell alone,haha! cant just imagine how you pictured it out?

only the left hand path knows dude
[/size]
Abuzola:

Yeah bro, and thats what am doing on their section trying to let them know the truth, but you know shaitan is not asleep  he will try as much as possible to keep company so that he doesn't dwell in hell alone
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Abuzola(m): 8:39pm On Jul 03, 2009
So is the christianity faith
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2009
[size=13pt]Prooves to show how the christian bible is noting but a twisted story,not better than Fairy tale,Textbook and our daily news papers.
[/size]
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Krayola(m): 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2009
Do u believe in heavenly virgins?
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by sleek29(m): 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2009
the bible contains both God's word and man's word, is left to you to sift through and know one from the other(you'll know the right one easily. Don't just read, study (study to shew thyself approved,rightly dividing the word of truth) and abuzola you still don't have any justification why marrying a 9yr is cool.
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:12pm On Jul 14, 2009
Most of Jesus's words in the Bible were ghostwritten, according to a stunning new report by a group of 77 biblical scholars, who call themselves the Jesus Seminar.

Jesus probably did not say about 80 per cent of the words attributed to Him in the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, the scholars say in a 575 page book. It's called The Give Gospels: What did Jesus Really Say?

According to the scholars:

* Jesus never claimed to be the Messiah and did not predict the end of the world.

* Jesus probably did share a symbolic last meal with His disciples just before His death. But Jesus's words in the Bible comparing Himself to the bread and wine that He passed around the table, probably were written by His followers.

* The Lord's Prayer, which the Bible says Jesus composed, also was compiled by Christians after his death.

"The image that comes out of our work is not a Jesus who was an apocalyptic visionary as much as He was a social revolutionary. And that is a massive step in our understanding of Jesus," says John Dominic Crossan, a co-founder of the Jesus Seminar in 1985 and professor of biblical studies .
"I can't imagine anyone wanting to have in faith that cannot withstand the tests of historical fact.
At seminar meetings, the scholars examined all four of the Bible's gospels as well as a fifth ancient document, the Gospel of Thomas, which was discovered in Egypt in 1945.

Jesus left no written texts and none of the original gospels have survived. Instead the scholars studied and compared hundreds of ancient copies of the gospels.

They counted some of the Jesus's sayings because the versions conflicted sharply from one document to another. Other sayings appeared to be well meaning additions by church leaders after the death of Jesus. Some were eliminated because they did not fit properly into the chronology of Jesus's life.

The new image of Jesus that emerges, is of "an itinerant sage. He wandered around and had no permanent address as far as we can tell.
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by muhsin(m): 5:36pm On Jul 14, 2009
@Ogaga4Luv,

I am not, actually, in support of all you've been saying regarding Jesus, on whom be peace. Yet some of your sayings make sense and need explanation from his "followers".

Where are you, people? Elaborate what he says above. Thanks
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2009
Mushin,

the truth is the truth and can not be hidden ,the only explanation i have  to anyone interested to learn is not and an attack to christianity to prove what is right,therefore i strongly convince people with proves with me that the Christian bible is not real,its just a weired fake book leading so many lives astray.It twists the words , it was written by unknown men, there is no proof or basis in fact that can be validated. Therefore, I will continue to believe it is fake until proven otherwise.

Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by muhsin(m): 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2009
@Ogaga4Luv,

I'll respond to that tomorrow, God's willing.

Ciao!
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 14, 2009
it is well know that the bible that has be rewritten by men for the egotistic purposes is full of contradictions. go tell that to all the charlatans that are "supposedly" god fearing and they will find every excuse from failed translation to misunderstanding.
at the end of the day, that book make no fukcing sense sometimes and it is best to believe what you wish to believe while reading it,
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2009
here are some more:

Does every man sin?
(a)   Yes. “There is no man who does not sin” (I Kings 8:46; see also 2 Chronicles 6:36; Proverbs 20:9; Ecclesiastes 7:20; and I John 1:810)
(b)   No. True Christians cannot possibly sin, because they are the children of God. “Every one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God,  (I John 5:1). “We should be called children of God; and so we are” (I John 3: 1). “He who loves is born of God” (I John 4:7). “No one born of God commits sin; for God’s nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God” (I John 3:9). But, then again, Yes! “If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us” (I John 1:Cool

Does God change his mind?
(a)   Yes. “The word of the Lord came to Samuel: “I repent that I have made Saul King, ” (I Samuel 15:10 to 11)
(b)   No. God “will not lie or repent; for he is not a man, that he should repent” (I Samuel 15:29)
(c)   Yes again. “And the Lord repented that he had made Saul King over Israel” (I Samuel 15:35).
Notice that the above three quotes are all from the same chapter of the same book!
In addition, the Bible shows that God repented on several other occasions:
“The Lord was sorry that he made man” (Genesis 6:6)
“I am sorry that I have made them” (Genesis 6:7)
“And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do to his people” (Exodus 32:14).

Did Judas kiss Jesus?
(a)   Yes (Matthew 26:48-50)
(b)  No. Judas could not get close enough to Jesus to kiss him (John 18:3-12)

Did Jesus bear his own cross?
(a)   Yes (John 19:17)
(b)  No (Matthew 27:31-32)

Where was Jesus at the sixth hour on the day of the crucifixion?
(a)   On the cross (Mark 15:23)
(b)  In Pilate’s court (John 19:14)

Did Jesus ascend to Paradise the same day of the crucifixion?
(a)   Yes. He said to the thief who defended him, “Today you will be with me in Paradise” (Luke 23:43)
(b)  No. He said to Mary Magdelene two days later, “I have not yet ascended to the Father” (John 20:17)

How did Judas die?
(a)  After he threw the money into the temple he went away and hanged himself (Matthew 27:5)
(b)  After he bought the field with the price of his evil deed he fell headlong and burst open in the middle and all his bowels gushed out (Acts 1:18)

Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?
(a) Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
(b) Heli (Luke 3:23)

Jesus descended from which son of David?
(a) Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
(b) Nathan(Luke3:31)

Which son of Zerubbabel was an ancestor of Jesus Christ?
(a) Abiud (Matthew 1: 13)
(b) Rhesa (Luke 3:27) But the seven sons of Zerubbabel are as follows: i.Meshullam, ii. Hananiah, iii. Hashubah, iv. Ohel, v.Berechiah, vi. Hasadiah, viii. Jushabhesed (I Chronicles 3:19, 20). The names Abiud and Rhesa do not fit in anyway.

What was the exact wording on the cross?
(a)  “This is Jesus the King of the Jews” (Matthew 27:37)
(b)   “The King of the Jews” (Mark 15:26)
(c)   “This is the King of the Jews” (Luke 23:38)
(d)   “Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews” (John 19:19)

Who was the tenth disciple of Jesus in the list of twelve?
(a)  Thaddaeus (Matthew 10: 1-4; Mark 3:13 -19)
(b)  Judas son of James is the corresponding name in Luke’s gospel (Luke 6:12-16)

How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?
(a)  By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)
(b)  His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)

Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew?
(a) By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22)
(b)  On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John 1:43)

Did Jesus pray to The Father to prevent the crucifixion?
(a)  Yes. (Matthew 26:39; Mark 14:36; Luke 22:42)
(b)  No. (John 12:27)

According to the gospels, what were the last words of Jesus before he died?
(a)   “Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit!” (Luke 23:46)
(b)  "It is finished" (John 19:30).

Apart from Jesus did anyone else ascend to heaven?
(a)   No (John 3:13)
(b)  Yes. “And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven” (2 Kings 2:11)

According to the Gospel of John, what did Jesus say about bearing his own witness?
(a)   “If I bear witness to myself, my testimony is not true” (John 5:3 1)
(b)  “Even if I do bear witness to myself, my testimony is true” (John 8:14)

When Jesus entered Jerusalem did he cleanse the temple that same day?
(a)   Yes (Matthew 21:12)
(b)  No. He went into the temple and looked around, but since it was very late he did nothing. Instead, he went to Bethany to spend the night and returned the next morning to cleanse the temple (Mark I 1:1- 17).

Was John the Baptist Elijah who was to come?
(a)  Yes (Matthew II: 14, 17:10-13)
(b)  No(John 1:19-21)

What was the name of King Abijah’s mother?
(a) Michaiah, daughter of Uriel of Gibeah (2 Chronicles 13:2)
(b) Maachah, daughter of Absalom (2 Chronicles 11:20) But Absalom had only one daughter whose name was Tamar (2 Samuel 14:27)

but as i said on my previous post, there will always be some knuckle-head who will blame this on mistranslation, misunderstanding or what not excuses they will come up with now.
to each their own!
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:15pm On Jul 14, 2009
[size=13pt]Just like forcing everyone to believe whats not true,full with lies and contradictions?. ,MRbrwonJAY dear,sincerely there is no normal human being can be as foolish like anybody that believes the "Christian Bible"-after reading it,studying it,they cant think on their own,i wonder if really does brains are working well?.,it is so sad how they refuse to learn.  embarassed ,imagine the many many Nonsense![/size]
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by kaina1(m): 9:15pm On Jul 15, 2009
CHAIRMAN OGAGA!!!
I SALUTE U!!!
I'm suprised u didnt include verses that show that the biblical 'god' accepts human sacrifices!!!
Also, check out Thomas Pain's Age of Reason
its available for free download at infidels.com
http://www.infidels.org/library/historical/thomas_paine/age_of_reason/
Its explosive, and was written over 200yrs ago.
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Aremugangan(m): 11:14pm On Jul 15, 2009
Q2:6 consoles me about the christians but yet makes me pity them coz they are totally lost. May Allah guide us aright, amin
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:40pm On Jul 16, 2009
grin shocked
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by javalove(m): 8:42pm On Jul 16, 2009
SO WHERE ARE THOSE BLOODY NOISE MAKERS TO COME REPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS. . .

AND PLEASE STICK TO THE TOPIC AND LEAVE ISLAM OUT OF THIS . . .

DODGING IS NOT ALLOWED. . .!
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:53pm On Jul 16, 2009
[size=13pt]Javalove ,you just hit a nail that goes straight to the point, with your post. angry
no comment,and strongly agree with it
[/size]
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 17, 2009
men, you guys dont understand, ALL RELIGION have contradiction and are full of hypocrites the qran/islam aint no better!!!!
here are a few for those who know the QRAN:

- Who suffers loss if Muhammad was wrong? Sura 34:50 commands Muhammad to say, "If I go astray, I go astray only to my own loss," which is a severe factual error in the Qur'an as well as contradicting the teaching of the Qur'an in a number of other verses.

- Who Was the First Muslim?
a) Muhammad [6:14, 163],
b) Moses [7:143],
c) some Egyptians [26:51],
d) Abraham [2:127-133, 3:67] or
e) Adam, the first man who also received inspiration from Allah [2:37]

- Can Allah be seen and did Muhammad see his Lord?
a)Yes [S. 53:1-18, 81:15-29],
b) No [6:102-103, 42:51].

- Were Warners Sent to All Mankind Before Muhammad?
a) Allah had supposedly sent warners to every people [10:47, 16:35-36, 35:24],
b) Abraham and Ishmael are specifically claimed to have visited Mecca and built the Kaaba [2:125-129].
c) Yet, Muhammad supposedly is sent to a people who never had a messenger before [28:46, 32:3, 34:44, 36:2-6].
This article also raises other issues: What about Hud and Salih who supposedly were sent to the Arabs? What about the Book that was supposedly given to Ishmael? Etc.

- What will be the food for the people in Hell?
a)The food for the people in Hell will be only "Dhari" [Sura 88:6],
b) only foul pus from the washing of wounds [S. 69:36],
c) they get to eat from the tree of Zaqqum [S. 37:66]
Together, these verses constitute three contradictions.

- Can Angels Cause the Death of People?
The Qur'an attacks those who worship anyone besides God (e.g. angels or prophets) because those can neither create, nor give life, nor cause anyone to die. Yet, the Qur'an explicitly states that one angel or several angels are causing certain people to die [Sura 4:97, 16:28, 32, 32:11].

- To Marry or Not to Marry?
a)The Qur'an forbids believers to marry idolatrous women [Sura 2:221],
b) the Qur'an calls Christians idolaters and unbelievers [9:28-33],
c)the Qur'an allows Muslims to marry Christian women [5:5].

- Will Allah reward the good deeds of Unbelievers?
a) S. 9:17 and 9:69 clearly say no.
b) However, S. 99:7 implies yes.
c) Moreover, S. 2:62 promises Christians reward for their good deeds.
d) But S. 9:28-33; 5:17, 72-73 calls Christians idolaters, and S. 9:17 is very clear that idolaters will have no reward.

- Should Muslims show kindness to their parents?
a) On the one hand, the Quran commands all Muslims to show kindness to their parents, even if they are disbelievers [17:23-24, 31:14-15, 29:8, etc.].
b) On the other hand, it demands not to show any love or friendship to those who oppose Muhammad, even if they are their parents [9:23, 58:22].

- How many mothers does a Muslim have?
a) Only one [58:2, the woman who gave birth and none else],
b) two [4:23, including the mother who nursed him],
c) at least ten [33:6]

- some things in the QUR'AN just doesn't add up
Sura 4:11-12 and 4:176 state the Qur'anic inheritance law. When a man dies, and is leaving behind three daughters, his two parents and his wife, they will receive the respective shares of 2/3 for the 3 daughters together, 1/3 for the parents together [both according to verse 4:11] and 1/8 for the wife [4:12] which adds up to more than the available estate. A second example: A man leaves only his mother, his wife and two sisters, then they receive 1/3 [mother, 4:11], 1/4 [wife, 4:12] and 2/3 [the two sisters, 4:176], which again adds up to 15/12 of the available property.

- How many angels were talking to Mary?
a) When the Qur'an speaks about the announciation of the birth of Jesus to the virgin Mary, Sura 3:42,45 speaks about (several) angels
b) only one angel in Sura 19:17-21.

- How many days did Allah need to destroy the people of Aad?
a)One day [54:19]
b) several days [41:16; 69:6,7]

- Six or eight days of creation?
a) Sura 7:54, 10:3, 11:7, and 25:59 clearly state that God created "the heavens and the earth" in six days.
b) in 41:9-12 the detailed description of the creation procedure adds up to eight days.

- Heavens or Earth? Which was created first?
a) First earth and then heaven [2:29],
b) heaven and after that earth [79:27-30].

- What was man created from?
a) A blood clot [96:1-2],
b) water [21:30, 24:45, 25:54],
c) "sounding" (i.e. burned) clay [15:26],
d) dust [3:59, 30:20, 35:11],
e) nothing [19:67] and this is then denied in 52:35,
f) earth [11:61],
g) a drop of thickened fluid [16:4, 75:37]

- Where is Allah and his throne?
a) Allah is nearer than the jugular vein [50:16],
b) Allah is also on the throne [57:4]
c) which is upon the water [11:7],
d) and at the same time so far away, that it takes between 1,000 and 50,000 years to reach him [32:5, 70:4].

- The origin of calamity?
a) Is the evil in our life from Satan [38:41],
b) Ourselves [4:79],
c) Allah [4:78]

- How merciful is Allah's mercy?
a) He has prescribed mercy for himself [6:12],
b) yet he does not guide some, even though he could [6:35, 14:4].

- Does Allah command to do evil?
a) No [7:28, 16:90].
b) Yes [17:16, ].
c) Two examples are also given, where Allah clearly commanded or permitted indecent actions [2:229-230, 2:187].

- Will there be inquiry in Paradise?
a) "neither will they question one another" [23:101]
b) but nevertheless they will be "engaging in mutual inquiry" [52:25],
c) "and they will , question one another" [37:27].

- Are angels protectors?
a) "NO protector besides Allah" [2:107, 29:22].
b) But in Sura 41:31 the angels themselves say: "We are your protectors in this life and the Hereafter." And also in other suras is their role described as guarding [13:11, 50:17-18] and protecting [82:10].

- Is Allah the only Wali?
a) On the one hand, Allah is supposedly the only wali (protector, helper, friend) [9:116, 17:111, 32:4, 42:28],
b) on the other hand, the messenger and the believers are walis [5:55, 9:71],
c) Allah has walis [10:62],
d) and he raises walis [4:75].

- Does Allah forgive shirk? Shirk is considered the worst of all sins, but the author of the Qur'an seems unable to decide if Allah will ever forgive it or not.
a) No [4:48, 116],
b) Yes [4:153, 25:68-71].
c) Abraham committed this sin of polytheism as he takes moon, sun, stars to be his Lord [6:76-78],
d) yet Muslims believe that all prophets are without any sin.

- Was Jonah cast on the desert shore or was he not?
a) "Then We cast him on a desert shore while he was sick" [37:145]
b) "Had not Grace from his Lord reached him, he would indeed have been cast off on the naked shore while he was reprobate." [68:49]

- Can slander of chaste women be forgiven?
a) Yes [24:5],
b) No [24:23].

- How do we receive the record on Judgment Day?
a) On Judgement day the lost people are given the Record (of their bad deeds): Behind their back [84:10],
b) or in their left hand [69:25].

- Can angels disobey?
a) No angel is arrogant, they all obey Allah [16:49-50],
b) but: "And behold, we said to the ANGELS: 'Bow down to Adam'. And THEY bowed down, EXCEPT Iblis. He refused and was haughty." [2:34].

- Is the Torah like the Qur'an, or is it not?
The Muslim claim of the corruption of the Bible leads to a contradiction between S. 2:24 and 17:88 on the one hand, and 28:49 and 46:10 on the other.

- Was Noah driven out?
a) "Before them "the people of Noah" rejected (their messenger): They rejected Our servant and said, 'Here is One possessed!' And he was driven out." [Sura 54:9]
b) Now, if he is driven out [expelled from their country] how come they can scoff at him while he is building the ark since we read "Forthwith he (starts) constructing the Ark: Every time that the Chiefs of *his people* passed by him, they threw ridicule on him." [Sura 11:38]
He cannot be both: Driven out and near enough that they can regularly pass by.

- Pharaoh's Magicians: Muslims or Rejectors of Faith?
a) Did the Magicians of Pharaoh, Egyptians, become believers in the God of Moses [7:103-126; 20:56-73; S. 26:29-51]
b) or did only Israelites believe in Moses [10:83]?

- Pharaoh's repentance in the face of death?
a)According to Sura 10:90-92, Pharaoh repented "in the sight of death" and was saved.
b) But Sura 4:18 says that such a thing can't happen.

- What is the punishment for adultery?
a) Flogging with a 100 stripes (men and women) [24:2],
b) "confine them to houses until death do claim them (lifelong house arrest - for the women) [4:15].
c) For men: "If they repent and amend, leave them alone" [4:16].
d) 24:2 contradicts both the procedure for women and men in Sura 4.
e) And why is the punishment for women and men equal in Sura 24 but different in Sura 4?

- Who suffers the consequence of sins?
a) The Qur'an declares that everyone will be held responsible only for his own sins [S. 17:13-15, 53:38-42].
b) Yet, the Qur'an accuses the Jews of Muhammad's day for the sins committed some 2000 years earlier by other Jews, e.g. worshipping the Golden Calf idol.

- Will Christians enter Paradise or go to Hell?
a) Sura 2:62 and 5:69 say "Yes",
b) Sura 5:72 (just 3 verses later) and 3:85 say "No".

- Was Pharaoh Drowned or Saved when chasing Moses and the Israelites?
a) Saved [10:92],
b) drowned [28:40, 17:103, 43:55].

- Wine: Good or bad?
a) Strong drink and , are only an infamy of Satan's handiwork. [5:90, also 2:219].
b) Yet on the other hand in Paradise are rivers of wine [47:15, also 83:22,25].
How does Satan's handiwork get into Paradise?

- Jinns and men created for worship or for Hell?
a) Created only to serve God [Sura 51:56],
b) many of them made for Hell [Sura 7:179].

- Will all Muslims go to Hell?
a) According to Sura 19:71 every Muslim will go to Hell (for at least some time),
b) while another passage states that those who die in Jihad will go to Paradise immediately.

- Will Allah disgrace Muslims?
a) On the day of judgment Allah will not humiliate or disgrace the Prophet and those who believe in him [S. 66:8].
b) However, 19:71 says that everyone will enter Hell, and 3:192 states that whomsoever Allah sends to Hell, is disgraced thereby.

- Will Jesus burn in Hell?
a) Jesus is raised to Allah, [Sura 4:158], near stationed with him [Sura 3:45], worshiped by millions of Christians,
b) yet Sura 21:98 says, that all that are worshiped by men besides Allah will burn in Hell together with those who worship them.

- Could Allah have a son?
a) Sura 39:4 affirms it
b) Sura 6:101 denies this possibility.

- Marrying the wives of adopted sons?
a) It is important that Muslims can marry the divorced wives of adopted sons [Sura 33:37],
b) yet it is forbidden to adopt sons [Sura 33:4-5].
Re: Crazy Stuff From The Bible by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 17, 2009
well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Catholicism Dastardly Plagiarized The 'holy Rosary' From Pagans / 3 Ways To Effectively Bear The Mark Of Christ / Interested In Moderating This Section?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.